Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this 15 ton bunker buster the bomb

Karlis

The U.S. Air Force has unveiled the Massive Ordnance Penetrator - dubbed the Big Blu - and speculation is already mounting that it may be used in airstrikes on Iran or North Korea. B-2 Stealth Bombers will use the six metre long GPS guided rocket, fitted with 2.5 tons of explosives, to smash open underground bunkers and tunnels suspected of containing weapons of mass destruction. arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Corp

• Verneph

• Farmer77

• ohio traveler

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Big boom. Though to suggest it was only designed to be used against North Korea and Iran strikes me as a bit paranoid. Though could be just the Mail warping things to sell more papers.

Big boom. Though to suggest it was only designed to be used against North Korea and Iran strikes me as a bit paranoid. Though could be just the Mail warping things to sell more papers.

The Mail has been guilty of 'warping' things in the past. Even though I am British I would not trust anything I read in British Newspaper!

I don't imagine this bomb was designed specifically to take out targets in North Korea and Iran.

I don't imagine this bomb was designed specifically to take out targets in North Korea and Iran.

Why not? I think I'd be kinda p***ed if they spent all that money on a bomb just for general purposes. I would hope our military had it designed to specs specific to their targets.

Why not? I think I'd be kinda p***ed if they spent all that money on a bomb just for general purposes. I would hope our military had it designed to specs specific to their targets.

Yea, bunkers. A lot of countries have those. If they do attack Iran I'm sure it will be used, but I don't imagine that they intend to use it solely for that purpose. Honestly, would it not make more sense to create a bomb that has a broader range of potential targets other than just one particular type?

Bunker buster bombs have been used before, and this one is just a much larger version. They're designed to penetrate the ground and then explode, hence their name. My point isn't that these bombs won't be used against Iran or North Korea. I'm just saying they probably designed these with the intent to use them for a wide variety of targets, not just in those countries.