Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did the Romans have cars?How a

Mike 215

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Right Wing

• Druidus-Logos

• Abramelin

• Mike 215

rde0631l.jpg

haha noice :tu:

Any BS on the India mythology interests me.

Tell me Mike, when did this pseudo daniken contact the Hindu professors??

details, mate!

Quote some reliable sources please.

The Indian Institute of Science, which is the premier most establishment in india for science, like MIT etc, did a evaluation of the 'Vymanika Shastra" which daniken and his ilk quote and found that the stuff described in the "channeled" book are not feasible to fly or even provide a lifting thrust.

The Sacred Texts website has many that have been translated into English.

Its what the Nazis went to Tibet for to recover Vimana technology. Foo fighters!

As I recall,the fellow who made the working replica of the mechanism did so by hand, as proof of of concept.

A number of Roman devices had gear sin them, though the ones present in the mechanism were finer.

Not surprising, look at Swiss and Ductch clocks that were produced before mechanical lathes.

I'm beginning to feel my generation is missing out on what can be done without computers.

About Damascus steel... I note the wiki article mentions some of the same claims made about the Samurai katanas back in WWII,which seems to be just propaganda.

It also mentions something important:

Modern steel far out performs it.

There is no way on earth a human being can create a gear wheel which is perfect to with in 2/1000's of a millimetre without a lath. Human eyesight cant even see an object thats 1/50th of millimetre. You ask a surgeon if he could control his hand good enough to keep it steady to with in 2/1000's of a millimetre he'll laugh at you and say he isnt a robot.

Mammoth fail and utter BS going on here.

Somewhere in Southern Europe they had at least 1 lath. It wasnt made off wood or hand turned either. To machine a gear wheel like the one in the mechanism requires at least 100,000 revolutions and I cant see a wooden drive axis or a human arm being able to provide that.

Edited by Mr Right Wing

The Sacred Texts website has many that have been translated into English.

Its what the Nazis went to Tibet for to recover Vimana technology. Foo fighters!

J. B. Hare of the Internet Sacred Text Archive in 2005 compiled an online edition of Josyer's 1973 book, in the site's "UFOs" section. In his introduction, Hare writes

The Vymanika Shastra was first committed to writing between 1918 and 1923, and nobody is claiming that it came from some mysterious antique manuscript. The fact is, there are no manuscripts of this text prior to 1918, and nobody is claiming that there are. So on one level, this is not a hoax. You just have to buy into the assumption that 'channeling' works. ... there is no exposition of the theory of aviation (let alone antigravity). In plain terms, the VS never directly explains how Vimanas get up in the air. The text is top-heavy with long lists of often bizarre ingredients used to construct various subsystems. ... There is nothing here which Jules Verne couldn't have dreamed up, no mention of exotic elements or advanced construction techniques. The 1923 technical illustration based on the text ... are absurdly un-aerodynamic. They look like brutalist wedding cakes, with minarets, huge ornithopter wings and dinky propellers. In other words, they look like typical early 20th century fantasy flying machines with an Indian twist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaimanika_Shastra

Somewhere in Southern Europe they had at least 1 lath. It wasnt made off wood or hand turned either. To machine a gear wheel like the one in the mechanism requires at least 100,000 revolutions and I cant see a wooden drive axis or a human arm being able to provide that.

So how did this lathe come into existence since you would have needed another lathe to produce the parts that would have made that lathe so accurate.

J. B. Hare of the Internet Sacred Text Archive in 2005 compiled an online edition of Josyer's 1973 book, in the site's "UFOs" section. In his introduction, Hare writes

The Vymanika Shastra was first committed to writing between 1918 and 1923, and nobody is claiming that it came from some mysterious antique manuscript. The fact is, there are no manuscripts of this text prior to 1918, and nobody is claiming that there are. So on one level, this is not a hoax. You just have to buy into the assumption that 'channeling' works. ... there is no exposition of the theory of aviation (let alone antigravity). In plain terms, the VS never directly explains how Vimanas get up in the air. The text is top-heavy with long lists of often bizarre ingredients used to construct various subsystems. ... There is nothing here which Jules Verne couldn't have dreamed up, no mention of exotic elements or advanced construction techniques. The 1923 technical illustration based on the text ... are absurdly un-aerodynamic. They look like brutalist wedding cakes, with minarets, huge ornithopter wings and dinky propellers. In other words, they look like typical early 20th century fantasy flying machines with an Indian twist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaimanika_Shastra

Thats good but what does Vymanika Shastra have to do with it?

Theres about 100 ancient Vedic texts translated on there such as - Rig-Veda, Sama-Veda, Yajur-Veda, Vishnu-Purana, Satapatha Brahmana, MAHABHARATA, RHAMAYANA, etc ,etc The two in Capitals are about spaceships. The Mahabharata demonstrates a knowledge of time dialiation which shouldnt be in there as thats Special Relativity.

I havent a clue what yours is or why you're trying to give out the impression the Sanskript documents have been recently written. Yours might have been but its no Vedic text.

Edited by Mr Right Wing

So how did this lathe come into existence since you would have needed another lathe to produce the parts that would have made that lathe so accurate.

By your reasoning no lathe should exist because to create one requires one.

and only yesterday I was leant over one making a machine part, amazing!

Thats good but what does Vymanika Shastra have to do with it?

Theres about 100 ancient Vedic texts translated on there such as - Rig-Veda, Sama-Veda, Yajur-Veda, Vishnu-Purana, Satapatha Brahmana, MAHABHARATA, RHAMAYANA, etc ,etc The two in Capitals are about spaceships. The Mahabharata demonstrates a knowledge of time dialiation which shouldnt be in there as thats Special Relativity.

I havent a clue what yours is or why you're trying to give out the impression the Sanskript documents have been recently written. Yours might have been but its no Vedic text.

Because I think that that channeled document is what got Nazis interested.

Or you think they got interested in vimanas because of what you can read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vim%C4%81na

Rama_welcomed.jpg

Edited by Abramelin

By your reasoning no lathe should exist because to create one requires one.

and only yesterday I was leant over one making a machine part, amazing!

No but by your own admission a wooden lathe and human power would have been insufficient to create the cogs with such accuracy. Hence you would need a lathe of great accuracy to create them. If such a lathe is needed then it stands to reason that the parts for that lathe, based on your belief, could not have been made by hand or what you seem to imply (though I could be wrong)a crude wooden lathe.

Because I think that that channeled document is what got Nazis interested.

Or you think they got interested in vimanas because of what you can read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vim%C4%81na

Nope I think the nazis were interested in descriptions of a mercury superfluid which formed the fuel of an engine described in the texts.

Edited by Mr Right Wing

Nope I think the nazis were interested in descriptions of a mercury superfluid which formed the fuel of an engine described in the texts.

I think it's about time you gave us some quotes from the Vedas.

No but by your own admission a wooden lathe and human power would have been insufficient to create the cogs with such accuracy. Hence you would need a lathe of great accuracy to create them. If such a lathe is needed then it stands to reason that the parts for that lathe, based on your belief, could not have been made by hand or what you seem to imply (though I could be wrong)a crude wooden lathe.

The only explanation is if the Greeks had been developing the engineering, machines and lathes long before the gear wheel was made.

Human craftsman ship isnt capable of doing it.

I think it's about time you gave us some quotes from the Vedas.

Read the Mahabharata on the Sacred Text website I have been talking about.

This thread is still going on? This makes me sad.

Doesn't make me sad, actually its the other way around.

I'm having a quite good laugh.

Uhh BTW do you also believe the egyptians had aircrafts?

abydos2.gif

:D

I find the excuses made by the unscientifc community to attack the Hindu books describing the advanced technology amusing. One person says that the texts were written in 1918 for the benefit of the Nazis and the other says that Hindu scientists who examined the passages about the flying machines claim they could not fly. That is assuming using present technology. Before 1903 if you asked any scientist in the world if humans could fly, you know what they would say? In 1906 HG Wells wrote THE WAR IN AIR where he described a world war using airplanes to destroy cities. The Times of London said he was insane. In 1914 he wrote THE WORLD SET FREE which for the first time the atomic bomb and a nuclear war which destroyed most of Europe. The Time said it was a wonderful romance novel. In 1957 a few months before Sputnik went into orbit, the chief British astronmer was aked about the possibility of space travel. His answer: 'Utter Rubbish"

So much for the conclusions of the modern Hindu scientists.

I find some of the attacks on my belief that the Roman coin shows a car, many of you claim that Roman Records never recorded such a vehicle. In other words, Roman records are the truth and nothing but the truth. But when I claimed that the great Greek scientist Archimedes used a laser system to burn Roman ships in the seige of Syracuse I was told that the Roman report of this incident cold not have happened because mirrors could not create such a death ray. I agreed that mirrors cold not have done it, but if the mirrors reflected sunlight into a ruby laser, then we have 'Archimedes Heat Ray' See google. And where did he get the ruby laser? He was trained and studied in the Alexandrian Library and Museum and I am sure the ruby came from the Museum. And where did the ruby come from? Plato said the refugees from Atlantis came to Egypt with all their stuff in 9000 BC.

Edited by Mike 215

I

I find some of the attacks on my belief that the Roman coin shows a car, many of you claim that Roman Records never recorded such a vehicle. In other words, Roman records are the truth and nothing but the truth. But when I claimed that the great Greek scientist Archimedes used a laser system to burn Roman ships in the seige of Syracuse I was told that the Roman report of this incident cold not have happened because mirrors could not create such a death ray. I agreed that mirrors cold not have done it, but if the mirrors reflected sunlight into a ruby laser, then we have 'Archimedes Heat Ray' See google. And where did he get the ruby laser? He was trained and studied in the Alexandrian Library and Museum and I am sure the ruby came from the Museum. And where did the ruby come from? Plato said the refugees from Atlantis came to Egypt with all their stuff in 9000 BC.

What?, You actually believe the romans had a car because of that coin?. I thought you were joking! :unsure2:

Look at the image a few posts back where somebody has posted what looks like a helicopter on an ancient Egyptian hyrogliph. I suppose you must believe they had helicopters because it's a much better depiction of one than the alleged car on the coin. Maybe thats how they built the pyramids :)

Sometimes I truly wonder what this world is coming to lol

As the OP is no longer a member on UM, I think we can safely put this thread to bed.

*Closed*