Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Natalie Wood death

Persia

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• susieice

• glorybebe

• docyabut2

• Lady_Mercury

This is one of the few cases where I've never accepted the official story. The minute I heard about it I knew something wasn't right. I'm glad they are opening it back up.

No, I don't think Robert Wagner had anything to do with it. Why has it taken the captain 30 years to come forth with the 'truth' anyhow?

No, I don't think Robert Wagner had anything to do with it. Why has it taken the captain 30 years to come forth with the 'truth' anyhow?

Exactly! I saw on the news last night that she couldn't have been trying to get into the boat and cracked her head and fell in the water instead. If there was a fight, she was accused of cheating and had been drinking...I think that the desperate feeling of getting away could totally over-ride any phobias that one person might have.

Because now there's a book!

Because now there's a book!

Yup, free publicity! I wonder when we are going to hear a comment from Christopher Walken?

I saw a report that Wagner and Walken were arguing too. Who knows? They were all drunk and apparently belligerent. She may well have tried to get away. I question that captain coming out with "the truth" now also.

I saw a report that Wagner and Walken were arguing too. Who knows? They were all drunk and apparently belligerent. She may well have tried to get away. I question that captain coming out with "the truth" now also.

There was a reference to an old interview in Playboy Magazine with Walken in which he describes what he thinks happens. It's one of if the only reference to him speaking about the incident.

Link

Interesting. I was just about to post this article I found, but seeing as this thread is on the go, I'll add it in here -

It has been 30 years since Natalie Wood died after a night on the Splendour - but little has changed aboard in the intervening years.

The stateroom contains many of the same tiles, the same blue bed remains in exactly the same spot and the initials WW are still etched into the captain's seat.

This is the first look inside the Splendour yacht, currently docked in the Hawaiian harbour of Oahu, where the Hollywood actress met her tragic end.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2063660/Natalie-Wood-death-Pictures-inside-yacht-actress-night-died.html

and this now too -

Robert Wagner is NOT a suspect in Natalie Wood's death as Christopher Walken calls his lawyer over investigation

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2063581/Natalie-Wood-death-Robert-Wagner-NOT-suspect-Christopher-Walken-calls-lawyer.html

There was a reference to an old interview in Playboy Magazine with Walken in which he describes what he thinks happens. It's one of if the only reference to him speaking about the incident.

Link

Here's a link to the story I saw that said the arguing began between Wagner and Walken.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/natalie-wood-death-investigation-reopened-robert-wagner-263251

Here's a link to the story I saw that said the arguing began between Wagner and Walken.

http://www.hollywood...t-wagner-263251

I find it strange that no one can accept a celebrity can die from an accident. Look at when Natasha Richardson died. SHE chose not to wear a helmet, fell down and hit her head. The blame was being thrown around except to the one person who could have prevented her death-Natasha. Why couldn't it have been an accident? People do unpredictable things, she didn't like the water-she was on a friggin' yatch! :blink:

And from Still Waters' link in post #10, it doesn't look to be a very big one. Not a lot of places to go if you're angry at someone.

And from Still Waters' link in post #10, it doesn't look to be a very big one. Not a lot of places to go if you're angry at someone.

Exactly, if she was p***ed or upset and just wanted to get away, people will do silly things once they have alcohol in their system and if what \i read is true that she was also on two medicaions, her thought process could have been WAY off that night.

I think that the capitan is now talking is because he was afraid to talk 30 years ago in fear of being killed, especially if he actually saw Wagner kill her. Now that he is an old man he probably does not care if he is killed.

But there is other evidence that she was killed with a new witness, a woman who was on a nearby boat who head her screaming for help. She also says there were no lights on the boat looking for her.

Concerning the state of her body, I was listening to Dr.Baden and he said there were mysterious brusis on her wrists like she was held underwater.

Well that adds a new spin on it if it bears out to be true. I just can't see anything conclusive coming out of it after 30 years. On a personal note, yes, I felt a little "off" about the official story at the time of her death. Don't know if I feel enough to point a finger in any direction today though. Don't like Robert Wagner, but that's just personal opinion that has never changed and I can't justify using that to blame him directly - just don't think he would have been a great husband from what I have heard over the years - apparently they both had drinking problems.

I think that the capitan is now talking is because he was afraid to talk 30 years ago in fear of being killed, especially if he actually saw Wagner kill her. Now that he is an old man he probably does not care if he is killed.

But there is other evidence that she was killed with a new witness, a woman who was on a nearby boat who head her screaming for help. She also says there were no lights on the boat looking for her.

Concerning the state of her body, I was listening to Dr.Baden and he said there were mysterious brusis on her wrists like she was held underwater.

The guy wrote a book on that night, he can make a lot of money and this is stirring more interest in it. How many books will he be selling now that he has come out to tell what really happened that night? I think it is all about greed.

The guy wrote a book on that night, he can make a lot of money and this is stirring more interest in it. How many books will he be selling now that he has come out to tell what really happened that night? I think it is all about greed.

Exactly. Besides, bodies can bruise underwater and she was wearing a heavy woollen sweater that pulled her under.

I don't think the captain was afraid of being bumped off all those years ago. I think he's probably a lonely old man with nothing better to do with his time than add fuel to an old fire. Plus, Natalie Wood's sister: of course it's perfectly understandable for her to want to reopen the investigation, but she's always lived in her sister's shadow and lived off her celebrity. It's annoying when people adopt a relative's stage name, eg. Kirk and Michael Douglas, Martin and Charlie Sheen. But I digress...

The only problem I see is the reports of a women screeming and the fight with Wagnor was around the same time.She may have fallen and Wagor knew she was in the water. body report said she never died until reaching the shore after stuggling to get in the dingy,the dingy`s moter was still in a off position.

Wagor must have known she fell in the water by what meams and did`n atemped to help her in any way.

Edited by docyabut2

Exactly. Besides, bodies can bruise underwater and she was wearing a heavy woollen sweater that pulled her under.

I don't think the captain was afraid of being bumped off all those years ago. I think he's probably a lonely old man with nothing better to do with his time than add fuel to an old fire. Plus, Natalie Wood's sister: of course it's perfectly understandable for her to want to reopen the investigation, but she's always lived in her sister's shadow and lived off her celebrity. It's annoying when people adopt a relative's stage name, eg. Kirk and Michael Douglas, Martin and Charlie Sheen. But I digress...

"Bodies" can't bruise - that requires blood flow aka: a beating heart, the bruising could only occur while she was still alive. Without knowing the extent of the bruising we can't determine whether it is consistent with striking a dinghy or repeated strikes at inconsistent points on the body for a such a strike to reasonable.

I do agree that the notion the captain was afraid of being bumped off is ridiculous though.

"Bodies" can't bruise - that requires blood flow aka: a beating heart, the bruising could only occur while she was still alive. Without knowing the extent of the bruising we can't determine whether it is consistent with striking a dinghy or repeated strikes at inconsistent points on the body for a such a strike to reasonable.

I do agree that the notion the captain was afraid of being bumped off is ridiculous though.

Sorry, I meant body as in torso etc, not deceased person.

Another point Wagnor said he went back to his room after the fight.But if Natalie wanted to get away from him at the moment of the fighting, she would not have gone back to the room frist, when her screemimg for help was heard by others was at the same time the captain heard them fighting on the deck.

Edited by docyabut2