Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this an alien skull?

sean6

Is this an alien skull? Mystery of the triangular-shaped head found in Peru

Davila Riquelme said three anthropologists arrived at the museum last week to investigate the findings and agreed it was ‘not a human being’ and would conduct further studies.

He added: ‘Although the assessment was superficial, it is obvious that its features do not correspond to any ethnic group in the world.’

Davila Riquelme added that the skull had two unique characteristics, only found in the population of the Peruvian Andes.

The remains of an eyeball in the right socket will help determine its genetic DNA - and clear up the controversy if it is human or not.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2063486/Is-alien-skull-Mystery-triangular-shaped-head-Peru.html

i dont know what to make of this, i guess we see what the d.n.a. says

Edited by sean6

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• booNyzarC

• Lilly

• ohio state buckeyes

I think the sciientists who have allegedly already said it is not human are jumping the gun a little, considering they expect to be able to obtain DNA from the remains of the eyeball. They could also probably obtain DNA from the teeth. There are not many scientists who would state such a thing purely on observation alone. Another Daily Mail story so dont read too much into it :)

The alternative explanation for the bizarre discovery is that the skull was artificially deformed as part of a tribal ritual.

The practice of skull elongation - to signify group affiliation or social status - dates back 9,000 years.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2063486/Is-alien-skull-Mystery-triangular-shaped-head-Peru.html#ixzz1e70y6Zhf

Sigh... it's old and well attested in the area.Daily Fail indeed.

I can understand skull shapes of various kinds being made artificially, but how can the eye sockets be enlarged so much? It's possible it belonged to a severely genetically deformed person.

I can understand skull shapes of various kinds being made artificially, but how can the eye sockets be enlarged so much? It's possible it belonged to a severely genetically deformed person.

Might be, I don't know the full affectofhead binding on the shape of the skull. The Daily Mail is a spectacularly poor source of information though

The skull appears to be that of an infant or child, that's why the orbits (eye sockets) are larger looking. The skull is misshapen due to cradle boarding, a technique used to create elongated skulls that were deemed attractive. Nothing alien about it IMO.

The skull appears to be that of an infant or child, that's why the orbits (eye sockets) are larger looking. The skull is misshapen due to cradle boarding, a technique used to create elongated skulls that were deemed attractive. Nothing alien about it IMO.

How do you explain the fact that it has adult teeth then?

Maybe it was some sort of primate?

Skeletons can look somewhat undefinable once all the flesh is gone.

Maybe it was some sort of primate?

Skeletons can look somewhat undefinable once all the flesh is gone.

Perhaps a new species of ape? Or even something like Bigfoot.

i think the enarged eye sockets are a dead ringer,this person was in fact a decendent from a distant civilisation no doubt in my mind

How do you explain the fact that it has adult teeth then?

Six year molars probably. I guess the term "infant" was off base, I should have said young child. The small size could be due to some type of dwarfism. It just doesn't look 'alien' to me.

It's funny how there people here saying its definitely not alien, and it doesn't look alien to me, haha how would you ever know? Could be primate too though...

I think the sciientists who have allegedly already said it is not human are jumping the gun a little, considering they expect to be able to obtain DNA from the remains of the eyeball. They could also probably obtain DNA from the teeth. There are not many scientists who would state such a thing purely on observation alone. Another Daily Mail story so dont read too much into it :)

A story that you'll actually find is true, not matter what newspaper it's reported in.

Edited by Blackwhite

I'm no forensic artist but I did a quick couple sketches on an overlay of the skull. Here is what he may have looked like...

I'm not going to pretend to know what it is but if people finding skull like this science will have to talk about it at

some point.

A story that you'll actually find is true, not matter what newspaper it's reported in.

I wasnt attacking this newspaper only, but UK daily tabloids in general. As for it being true I have no doubt that it was found, but I have yet to see results from the DNA to prove conclusively exactly what species it is!

The story was also reported here http://www.headlinen...9-found-in-peru

here http://www.firstcoas...l-Found-in-Peru

here http://news.yahoo.co...-161615656.html

here http://manverse.com/...-found-in-peru/

here http://www.newshustler.com/?p=2024

and here, in the Bucharest Herald http://www.bucharest...y-found-in-peru

The left wingers have such a strange, weird "complex" towards the Daily Mail several of them even manage to attack it on a thread about an alien skull.

Just for the record I am definitely no left winger. <_<

Six year molars probably. I guess the term "infant" was off base, I should have said young child. The small size could be due to some type of dwarfism. It just doesn't look 'alien' to me.

It may very well be cradle boarding but why tribes in different part of the Americas thought it was a fine idea to change the size of kids skull needs to talked about.

It may very well be cradle boarding but why tribes in different part of the Americas thought it was a fine idea to change the size of kids skull needs to talked about.

Different races around our planet have gone thru this custom mod on the peoples,lots of theories abound but most believe that its a beauty in the eye of the beholder type thing. Over many generations this trait and trend evolved .

I like to think it was the same as the feet wrapping to srink the womans feet in Asia,and the plates in the Lips the Africa,ect,ect body manulipuation !

Man is a funny creature when it comes to his impression about his looks ! :wacko:

Edited by DONTEATUS

Different races around our planet have gone thru this custom mod on the peoples,lots of theories abound but most believe that its a beauty in the eye of the beholder type thing. Over many generations this trait and trend evolved .

I like to think it was the same as the feet wrapping to srink the womans feet in Asia,and the plates in the Lips the Africa,ect,ect body manulipuation !

Man is a funny creature when it comes to his impression about his looks ! :wacko:

I guess but the skull thing is a little much. I mean where did that idea come from that they would look better if they changed the shape of their kids skull. I'm not saying they had alien contact but it does make me wonder.

Being Chinook Indian myself, I will explain that the flattened head was a "tribal identification" mark that wasn't done by all Chinooks, only some clans. However, modifications to the human body as "tribal identifiers" has been done all across the globe. Some African tribes stretched necks, some South American tribe's men inverted penises, etc. Today people in so called "civilized society" does all sorts of body modifications. So because certain tribes modified the heads of their children was not something done out of malice or abuse - it was an accepted practice to them. But this is not what this forum is about, I just wanted to clarify this.

Edited by Swadwa