Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christian 'fired for refusing to wear '666'

Still Waters

The other stuff? You mean the other side of the story? I'd say the company can afford better lawyers than this guy can

But, it will be a Civil Trial, and thus they only have to show a preponderance of evidence. All they have to do is get that manager to admit his Dis'ed the guys religion and they've won.

If you fail to trust in Jesus to help and protect you that is your own problem and your right to believe but any Christians I know and I have met do trust in Jesus for help and protection.. like it or not...

Agree.

And a congrats from me too. (I got a 4 month old at home!)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Mr Right Wing

• Setton

• _Only

But, it will be a Civil Trial, and thus they only have to show a preponderance of evidence. All they have to do is get that manager to admit his Dis'ed the guys religion and they've won.

I see what you are saying... So lets say IF ( and I do mean IF ) a manager was in the wrong, and he was sacked over his refusal to wear a number according to his belief.. then he has a case..and if the manager or one of the mangers who previous told him it was ok he didn't have to wear it come the time, admits this, it will give him a better leg to stand on. But that is an IF... I still think there is more to it than that....Thing is we wont ever know...I mean he could have created a disturbance with his fear, as it reads he was scared and very nervous leading up to the 600's... but that is my guess not suggesting it is fact.. we just do not know

Agree.

Of course and you would be right...

And a congrats from me too. (I got a 4 month old at home!)

Thank you so much...and congrats to you too, I hope you enjoy every moment with your newborn... I am at the stage where I am starting to feel tiny movements.. its great...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

laugh.gif I know, I read that and thought what??

I think this whole issue should be settled out of court and allow the man to receive $666 compensation tongue.gif

Best post ever :w00t:

Ok, maybe not EVER. But it was very funny. On a serious note, I tend to agree with most here by thinking that we don't have all the facts. On the surface it appears a fairly straightforward case of discrimination, regardless of how a person interprets the whole number of the beast issue. Maybe they'll settle out of court and we'll never know the other side of the story.

~ PA

I was recently forced to purchase a pack of 35 cent gum; because the clerk at the convenience store refused to cash me out when my total came to $6.66. People are weird and superstitious. It sounds like a pretty weak reason to fire an employee simply because he wouldn't wear a sticker.

Best post ever :w00t:

Ok, maybe not EVER. But it was very funny. On a serious note, I tend to agree with most here by thinking that we don't have all the facts. On the surface it appears a fairly straightforward case of discrimination, regardless of how a person interprets the whole number of the beast issue. Maybe they'll settle out of court and we'll never know the other side of the story.

~ PA

Ha ha thank you PA glad you got a bit of a laugh...it's not every day I get to make PA laugh ..or every month or year even lol :P

Seriously ...well, as I said to Die Checker.. going on what we do know IF it is all true, then he has a case...and you are correct it could get settled out of court... But I call that an IF.... I agree that we do not know all and we wont know all.. In fact I'd say the case itself will be over a lot quicker than the lenggth of time we have all spend discussing it on this thread lol

If we ever come across an up date article that reads - Man freaks out over court settlement, he revived $666 compensation following a case against not wanting to wear the 666 sticker in his last workplace... I would keel over with laughter... To think I saw that coming lol laugh.gif

Edited by Beckys_Mom

In order to receive the mark of the beast, it would have to be on written (tattoo?) his forehead or right hand. Stickers don't count, so he was kinda being ridiculous.

It would not be silly from the perspective of a true believer.

It would not be silly from the perspective of a true believer.

But there should be a healthy balance of belief, and rational thinking. In a perfect world.

But there should be a healthy balance of belief, and rational thinking. In a perfect world.

Really. Havent you read the alien threads on here? Or the so called psychics?

Not much balence there or rational thinking.

Why didn't he just cause an accident?

Then he would only have had to wear a sticker that said "1" ...

Cause an accident and others get hurt or just him?

If he did, then he would have made the 666 number look like it is bad....even though he caused it lol..... If there was an accident.. then it would go back to one..but must he keep causing accidents each time the 666 is approaching?

I do not think it would be right to cause accidents deliberately over a belief...Well it wouldn't be an accident if it is done deliberately

Cause an accident and others get hurt or just him?

If he did, then he would have made the 666 number look like it is bad....even though he caused it lol..... If there was an accident.. then it would go back to one..but must he keep causing accidents each time the 666 is approaching?

I do not think it would be right to cause accidents deliberately over a belief...Well it wouldn't be an accident if it is done deliberately

What are the chances it makes it up to 666 days accident free again when they hire employees with such intellect.

Don't get me wrong, I PERSONALLY find the guy stupid. That said, the world's a lot more tolerant of superstition than I - look how many buildings don't have a 13th floor. That's even stupider and there's no religious stricture architects are sticking to (at least not any I'm aware of).

The guy's an idjit. As others have stated, there are several ways he could have gotten around it without causing a major situation. If...IF I say, he was fired for this single incident alone, he's got a good case. My personal experience with people though, is that someone who'll make such a scene over something so goofy will find many things to make a scene about. If that's the case with this guy, this incident could have just been the straw that broke the camel's back.

What are the chances it makes it up to 666 days accident free again when they hire employees with such intellect.

I still do not think it is worth taking a chance, nor is it right to cause a deliberate accident where people can get hurt...all because they are scared of a number... All he had to do was book that day off or take a sick day.. That way nothing like that could have happened

I wonder how many Christians knows that the first generation of Apple computer sold for $666.00, and the price tag was directly set by Steve Jobs...he wanted these three digits.

Some say that it was because of the notion of Illuminati, not the international new world order conspiracy, but the Illuminati as pictured in Dan Brown's Angels and Demons, Science VS Religion, some say the Logo of Apple picture these views, the forbidden fruit of knowledge.

How many extreme Christians would throw away their Ipod, Iphone, Ipad or Apple computer if they knew this...??

Edited by Damian Bâthory

I wonder how many Christians knows that the first generation of Apple computer sold for $666.00, and the price tag was directly set by Steve Jobs...he wanted these three digits.

Some say that it was because of the notion of Illuminati, not the international new world order conspiracy, but the Illuminati as pictured in Dan Brown's Angels and Demons, Science VS Religion, some say the Logo of Apple picture these views, the forbidden fruit of knowledge.

How many extreme Christians would throw away their Ipod, Iphone, Ipad or Apple computer if they knew this...??

I thought it was priced at $666.66

and it was for eye catching purposes.

I thought it was priced at $666.66

and it was for eye catching purposes.

Possibly that you may be right, me i gathered these infos from another Unexplained mysteries website, like the story that Jimmy Page from Led Zeppelin is a Satanist and that one of Zeppelin album cover represent signs taken from a medieval Black Magic grimoire.

@Raven. How do you spell balance/balence? Maybe you better balance your fingers on your keyboard. :lol:

I think the case will depend on the incident with the supervisor. if what the supervisor said was true than this is a case of discrimination.

it doesn't matter what he believes or what religion it is, if the court decides that his treatment was unfair by law. there are so many different religions or branches of religion being created its almost impossible to categorize lecorrectly.

@ Apple I: Five sixes, $ 666.66; Here's the ad:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/48/Apple_1_Advertisement_Oct_1976.jpg

Now, we have to find a Biblical literalist to tell us whether or not that counts as the Number of the Beast (Is The Number of the Beast and change close enough?).

I'd PM a representative of the God Squad, but we need to know What the Bible Really Says. Maybe some antitheist will come to the rescue :) .

Edited by eight bits

Don't get me wrong, I PERSONALLY find the guy stupid. That said, the world's a lot more tolerant of superstition than I - look how many buildings don't have a 13th floor. That's even stupider and there's no religious stricture architects are sticking to (at least not any I'm aware of).

The vast majority of buildings don't have a 13th floor.

What ever happened to workers rights? people have died fighting this type of oppression , this number would only ever appear once in the guys lifetime a sensible solution would have been to send him home without pay for that one day, no mater how right-wing your beliefs i can't see how anyone could endorse this guys dismissal.

OK this is getting to sound ridiculous. where was he supposed to wear the sticker? If he believed the bit in revelation about not wearing the number 666(oh no I wrote it does that mean I am going to hell :devil: ) on his hand or forehead then unless that is where the sticker was meant to go then his lawsuit is tenuous at best. Perhaps he threw the tizzy so he could take 3 days off or maybe it was for other reasons we aren't aware of. Whatever the case we would need to see all the evidence from both sides first before coming to the conclusion that the mans an idiot. :rolleyes:

The Christian man in the OP that faced dismissal.. will be drawing his pension by the time this thread is done discussing why he was fired and how unfair it was lol

His rights were violated when he was fired for observing his religion. That sticker did not pertain to whether he could do his job, so any form of punishment, from a warning to a write up to termination of employment was unlawful. It doesn't matter how absurd a belief is, your employer can't discriminate against you for it.