Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Occupy Wall Street crashes Ron Paul event

acidhead

November 21, 2011

POLITICO's Ginger Gibson reports:

Members of the Occupy Wall Street crashed a town hall being hosted by Rep. Ron Paul at Keene State College in New Hampshire today.

Continue Reading

At the conclusion of his speech, a group of protestors launched into their call and response that has become emblematic of the movement, with one member shouting a phrase and the larger group repeating it.

“There is something wrong with this system,” the protesters concluded. “We are the 99 percent.”

The group spoke for less than a minute, with a handful of Paul supporters beginning to shout back at the end.

Paul chuckled when they were done.

“Do you feel better?” he asked.

But then he got serious, pointing out that he agreed with some of their concerns.

“The people on Wall Street got the bailout and you guys got the bills and I think that’s where the problem is,” he said.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/68868.html#ixzz1eQ1idS1e

Edited by acidhead

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DieChecker

• acidhead

• RobertoIlias

• Mr_Snstr

Top Posters In This Topic

rp is the man

can you believe these whores will actually tell us that we need to extend and expand the patriot act with straight faces?

humanity can do better than this people.

Agreed.

I fear he's making too much sense and being too honest though. He's been a politician longer than I've been alive, you think he would've learned a thing or two about it. :P

Good for Ron Paul. He handled that well.

rp is the man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpLmedsDe2I

can you believe these whores will actually tell us that we need to extend and expand the patriot act with straight faces?

humanity can do better than this people.

According to Newt Gingrich, because Timothy McVeigh succeeded, we don't need that pesky Constitution outlining our most precious freedoms.

Ron Paul said it best after he won CPAC for the 2nd year in a row. "The Patriot Act is literally the destruction of the 4th Amendment".

It was intended to have an expiration date. But part of the moral hazard of passing it in the first place is once the government passes a law we're stuck with it for good. It only grows in its intent, its mission, its power over us, and its expense that we're the ones paying for. I suggest the last 10 years was time enough for that unconstitutional monstrosity. If the government wasn't the institution jeopardizing our security in the first place, I would have at least considered the Patriot Act on a strategic level for about ten minutes before rejecting it on principle. The government commits the very same dynamic with our military, getting us into unconstitutional (illegal) wars and once we're "committed", bringing in all kinds of "patriotic" symbol-minded political talk to keep changing the mission to keep our troops bogged down in an unwinnable war after each prior mission is accomplished.

Like Ron Paul said in the video you presented, you can't win a war against a tactic. Terror will still be a word in the dictionary long after our shills in their marble halls bankrupt us trying to win a "war on" it.