Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Want to Find Aliens?

Persia

It makes perfect sense to me, who knows what varied forms of life have occurred under far different conditions to our own planet.

ok what exactly do you mean by conditions then?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• scowl

• Space Commander Travis

• DONTEATUS

I speculate every day about the aliens around me Like ? Where do they get those really baggie low hanging pants? ANd Why do they wear those Dark sunglasses at night?

And Who else on this world would really eat at McDonalds ?

Life forms on this planet have been found in conditions assumed, at various times in the past, to be incapable of sustaining living plants and creatures..... like, total darkness (supported by more typical life forms from sunlit regions), extremely high temperatures, extremely high pressures, and so on and so forth. We shouldn't assume we would even recognize, by appearance, some forms of life as being alive?

Nor should we assume they wouldn't be surprisingly similar ?

check this out if you like: http://gizmodo.com/5704158/nasa-finds-new-life

NASA has discovered a new life form, a bacteria called GFAJ-1 that is unlike anything currently living in planet Earth. It's capable of using arsenic to build its DNA, RNA, proteins, and cell membranes. This changes everything.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

NASA's geobiologist Pamela Conrad thinks that the discovery is huge and "phenomenal," comparing it to the Star Trek episode in which the Enterprise crew finds Horta, a silicon-based alien life form that can't be detected with tricorders because it wasn't carbon-based. It's like saying that we may be looking for new life in the wrong places with the wrong methods. Indeed, NASA tweeted that this discovery "will change how we search for life elsewhere in the Universe."

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=new+life+forms+found&gbv=2&oq=new+life+forms+found&aq=f&aqi=g2g-v3g-j5&aql=&gs_sm=si&gs_upl=1802l6001l0l44206l20l15l0l0l0l0l657l3142l3-1.1.4l6l0

Everything that supports life.

so what your saying is life was created by chance just a bunch of random molecules that came together i cant get past this to my mind this is absurd

Life forms on this planet have been found in conditions assumed, at various times in the past, to be incapable of sustaining living plants and creatures..... like, total darkness (supported by more typical life forms from sunlit regions), extremely high temperatures, extremely high pressures, and so on and so forth.

But those life forms adapted to those conditions. If there hadn't been much more favorable conditions for their preceding species to survive and evolve, they wouldn't have had a chance in these extreme conditions.

Adaption to extreme conditions is easy. Everything we know suggests it took extremely favorable conditions for fragile early life on Earth to survive.

But those life forms adapted to those conditions. If there hadn't been much more favorable conditions for their preceding species to survive and evolve, they wouldn't have had a chance in these extreme conditions.

Adaption to extreme conditions is easy. Everything we know suggests it took extremely favorable conditions for fragile early life on Earth to survive.

.. I'm not sure about life relying so much on "extremely favorable conditions"

As you say, life is adaptable. Early forms of life existed in early earth conditions ? Toxic to us.

Come to think of it, what are those odd sponge looking sort of proto plants that are said to have played a major role in oxygenating earth's atmosphere ?

i don't know.. maybe there was a perfect life baby incubator environment for the blessed event. :P

?? all, or nearly all, of the amino acids essential , to life as we know it, are found in some meteorites ??

random is as good and actually better than any description so far ! Life is in the entire universe ! Look at us ! Were here ! :tu:

How could something that cannot walk kick off an Industrial Revolution?

Maybe they are made out of biostuff or mechanical and it actualy flies around, you think aliens will have 2 arms and 2 legs and one hand? i really don't think so, there are diffrent worlds out there. And by the way why are you comparing humans with aliens...

.. I'm not sure about life relying so much on "extremely favorable conditions"

As you say, life is adaptable. Early forms of life existed in early earth conditions ? Toxic to us.

I don't mean conditions that you or I would enjoy. I mean favorable conditions that promoted early forms of life. Life is adaptable given ideal circumstances to adapt. The list of extinct species of life in the ideal conditions on Earth is very long because they still weren't ideal enough.

What would have happened if those toxic conditions would have continued? What if photosynthesis hadn't evolved? What if the carbon cycle hadn't developed? Then Earth would have had a brief moment of life which would have wiped itself out.

The list of fortuitous events that prevented life from being a brief event on Earth is depressingly long.

So, like, how would it get around?

Well, hypothetically, it could be atmosphere or ocean dwelling, although of course then you come up against all these problems with Thumbs and so on, so it does seem that to be land dwelling does seem to give you a leg up, at least.

We've already proved beyond any doubt that there is intelligent life on a planet in our solar system.

I think that's something that our greatest Scientists and Philosophers have been trying to prove for thousands of years. I don't think they've found much in the way of conclusive evidence yet. :unsure2:

I speculate every day about the aliens around me Like ? Where do they get those really baggie low hanging pants? ANd Why do they wear those Dark sunglasses at night?

And Who else on this world would really eat at McDonalds ?

How very true, they must be incredibly technologically advanced for them pants to be defying gravity like that... :blink:

Well, hypothetically, it could be atmosphere or ocean dwelling, although of course then you come up against all these problems with Thumbs and so on, so it does seem that to be land dwelling does seem to give you a leg up, at least.

I think the premise was intelligent life, I doubt there would be enough resources to kick off an industrial revolution in an atmosphere. Same with oceans, they are not conducive to industrial situations.

I think that's something that our greatest Scientists and Philosophers have been trying to prove for thousands of years. I don't think they've found much in the way of conclusive evidence yet. :unsure2:

I know they have found life in this solar system.

mirror.jpg

I think the premise was intelligent life, I doubt there would be enough resources to kick off an industrial revolution in an atmosphere. Same with oceans, they are not conducive to industrial situations.

I know they have found life in this solar system.

mirror.jpg

that which you linked to didn't come up, perhaps because it was prefixed with **SPAM**. I'm not sure if that was intentional? I suppose it might be some ironic joke that went over my head. :unsure2:

that which you linked to didn't come up, perhaps because it was prefixed with **SPAM**. I'm not sure if that was intentional? I suppose it might be some ironic joke that went over my head. :unsure2:

My apologies, I made the post in a rush, and it took a long time to come up, I had not realized the picture had not materialized.

mirror.jpg

Maybe they are made out of biostuff or mechanical and it actualy flies around, you think aliens will have 2 arms and 2 legs and one hand? i really don't think so, there are diffrent worlds out there.

"Biostuff" is not to good to turn a spanner with, let alone smelt metals. You need these basic appendages to manipulate the objects in your immediate environment to go from stick to spear. If you are an "air being" you do not have resources, or leverage. Such is vital to kickstarting an Industrial Revolution of any kind.

And by the way why are you comparing humans with aliens...

Because it makes perfect sense to realise that any space fearing species is likely to be anthropomorphic in basic design. Look at our own planet. How many species arose? Literally more than we can ever know. And how many every attained higher intelligence? Now consider convergeant evolution. Basic working models repeat themselves. For instance look at the common Wolf and the Australian Thylacine. One of a canine, the other a marsupial. The basic pattern is a successful and workable design that is perfect for that niche. Why would a space fearing species not be of an anthropomorphical model? Do you think it is a good idea to refuse to apply parameters based on how life arose on this planet and apply a wild imagination in place of a structured thought process based upon a working model? How would this benefit anyone, and why would it be more likely?

random is as good and actually better than any description so far ! Life is in the entire universe ! Look at us ! Were here ! :tu:

Indeed we are :D For all we know, someone might be arguing in the Andromeda Galaxy that 2 legs good not bad, and saying how life must exist in the Milky Way Galaxy. Perhaps we will find out when the Galaxies collide, and we all live in Milkomeda.

We have more problems than just the sun burning out it seems. I would not like to have to solve these problems in a couple billion years!

"Biostuff" is not to good to turn a spanner with, let alone smelt metals. You need these basic appendages to manipulate the objects in your immediate environment to go from stick to spear. If you are an "air being" you do not have resources, or leverage. Such is vital to kickstarting an Industrial Revolution of any kind.

Because it makes perfect sense to realise that any space fearing species is likely to be anthropomorphic in basic design. Look at our own planet. How many species arose? Literally more than we can ever know. And how many every attained higher intelligence? Now consider convergeant evolution. Basic working models repeat themselves. For instance look at the common Wolf and the Australian Thylacine. One of a canine, the other a marsupial. The basic pattern is a successful and workable design that is perfect for that niche. Why would a space fearing species not be of an anthropomorphical model? Do you think it is a good idea to refuse to apply parameters based on how life arose on this planet and apply a wild imagination in place of a structured thought process based upon a working model? How would this benefit anyone, and why would it be more likely?

Another great post psyche! We've talked about this before so you know I agree.

Another great post psyche! We've talked about this before so you know I agree.

Thank you very much Lost Shaman. I have to give much credit to yourself and the conversations we have had. I also used to wonder what manner of being might visit, but anthropomorphic models simply make good sense.

Thank you very much Lost Shaman. I have to give much credit to yourself and the conversations we have had. I also used to wonder what manner of being might visit, but anthropomorphic models simply make good sense.

Again I certainly agree. Also I think the Darwinian evolution of Bi-pedal Hominids seems quite straight forward and more than just a few arose, of course "we" are the end result.

My apologies, I made the post in a rush, and it took a long time to come up, I had not realized the picture had not materialized.

mirror.jpg

Ah yes, according to some of the most renowned experts, they have found life; I think the question they're still trying to work out after many millennia is whether it's intelligent life.

;)

Ah yes, according to some of the most renowned experts, they have found life; I think the question they're still trying to work out after many millennia is whether it's intelligent life.

;)

So do you feel "intelligent" when you question the entire species "intelligence"?

I'm just curious?

So do you feel "intelligent" when you question the entire species "intelligence"?

I'm just curious?

I may be being tongue in cheek.

I strongly disagree on this, if there is a race that is made out of certain bio chemicals, and they involved a degree of inteligence, they maybe can manipulate resourses around them and materialize them to whatever they want, no need for crude tools like you said, another race can be pure mechanical no dna or flesh, they probably were created and left there to evolve, by a race like us for example, still it counts as a race. I think you aren't thinking widely or you lack imagination. Plus we both can't say much because no races or aliens were found. But i bet you they wont look anything like us.

Every planet is unique by enivorment. Somewhere out there was a bacteria capable of showing small amounts of inteligence, it evolved in-to crawling ooze because the conditions were just right for that certain bacteria to evolve, it had no legs or arms it would crawl atop of that planets naturaly produced weird slime and made it's own traveling thing, some sort of biosphere for example... That is as much possible as man evolving from apes. See there are races and phenomenas out there we can't even start to comprehend. And it is in total contrary with our physics, because we lack knowledge...

Like your theory is about some human model, which is not even using hes full brainpower, and lol! we dont know why...my theory is that there are different races out there in all aspects...

Still i think we are both right, there is a race that probably looks like us, and there is a race i described.

Well Im fueling up my Saturn V and planning a 300 thousand year trip to Gliese 581 g its only 123 trillion miles away ! Just a hop,skip and jump away !

Wow ! Can you imagine ?