Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Michelle Obama booed

Persia

Michelle Obama and Jill Biden were lately booed at a NASCAR event. Mrs. Obama is not the first first lady to get a rude reception. The most serious episode dates from the civil rights era.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/DC-Decoder/2011/1122/Michelle-Obama-booed.-Has-that-happened-to-first-ladies-before?google_editors_picks=true

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Corp

• Persia

• ohio traveler

• skookum

Top Posters In This Topic

Not nice, especially if it a racial thing.

The feeling being portrait across the pond however is that the Obama administration is about as popular as a rattle snake in a lucky dip for it's domestic policies.

The feeling being portrait across the pond however is that the Obama administration is about as popular as a rattle snake in a lucky dip for it's domestic policies.

A first lady was booed in the civil rights era, that's what the rest of the article says. Nothing to do with racial anything.

why do people always being up the bloody racial thing. can't we boo something we think is doing a bad job without it being turned into racism? this PC thing has gotten out of hand... >.>

Well, i may be stereotyping here, but it seems to me that a Democrat would not be the most popular at a NASCAR event anyway...

Edited by 747400

I don't really care what the reason was but it makes me sad.

It's just rude and disrespectful. Like them or not they are representing our country at these events.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned.

Nibs

Well, i may be stereotyping here, but it seems to me that a Democrat would not be the most popular at a NASCAR event anyway...

I had the same thought. Sounds political more than anything.

Edited by Corp

What in the world was Michelle Obama even doing at a stock car race ?

They had to have dragged her kicking and screaming to be there.

I'm sure she would rather have been hob-nobing with her rich high-society girl friends in Europe somewhere trying on expensive shoes.