Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EVP - intense screaming at Haunted Rectory

Edward Shanahan

What is it, exactly, CP that you and your team are looking for? Experiences don't count. We've established that the holy trinity can be faked at some level. So it sounds to me like you're looking for something that doesn't exist.

What it is we are doing and striving for is to, with our methodical and tactical approach to how we investigate, how our data is collected and then submitted to a trusted Professor, we are trying to pioneer a scientific standard for investigating and collecting data in the Paranormal arena. A standard that is accepted via all Scientists and weeds out the amateurs from professionals. I do believe after a standard is pioneered and set, professional teams setup like ours or some of the other teams I've heard on here, will be established and this will go from being amateur "claim anything is a ghost" to a scientifically studied and acceptable field that has standards of conduct set. Almost like trying to get a school accredited but, more so, setting an accreditation to a standardized and trusted guideline for investigation and studies.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Edward Shanahan

• Mark is Back

• ColoradoParanormal

• Keel M.

Sneezes sound like someone stepping on a bagpipe

I will never sneeze, or hear a sneeze again without laughing.....TY :)

That is awesome :tu:

What it is we are doing and striving for is to, with our methodical and tactical approach to how we investigate, how our data is collected and then submitted to a trusted Professor, we are trying to pioneer a scientific standard for investigating and collecting data in the Paranormal arena. A standard that is accepted via all Scientists and weeds out the amateurs from professionals. I do believe after a standard is pioneered and set, professional teams setup like ours or some of the other teams I've heard on here, will be established and this will go from being amateur "claim anything is a ghost" to a scientifically studied and acceptable field that has standards of conduct set. Almost like trying to get a school accredited but, more so, setting an accreditation to a standardized and trusted guideline for investigation and studies.

Why is science so important? I mean it sounds to me like you don't believe in anything so why set up some illustrious standards for the world to follow if there are so many who are just content to believe without all the scientific mumbo-jumbo?

Why is science so important? I mean it sounds to me like you don't believe in anything so why set up some illustrious standards for the world to follow if there are so many who are just content to believe without all the scientific mumbo-jumbo?

If I may hijack this response - at least a little bit.

Science is so important because without the "scientific mumbo-jumbo", and the effort to scrutinize things before proclaiming "PROOF" to the world, every time you take a feather duster to your home you'll suddenly be assaulted by "Spirit orbs" and when you've a cold you're either being followed by a Scottish ghost wailing on bagpipes or are possessed by something other than a quantity of mucus.

By no means do I, or we (if I may take this liberty), suggest that someone disbelieve - but more likely question what they are believing and why.

Science is so important because without the "scientific mumbo-jumbo", and the effort to scrutinize things before proclaiming "PROOF" to the world, every time you take a feather duster to your home you'll suddenly be assaulted by "Spirit orbs" and when you've a cold you're either being followed by a Scottish ghost wailing on bagpipes or are possessed by something other than a quantity of mucus.

By no means do I, or we (if I may take this liberty), suggest that someone disbelieve - but more likely question what they are believing and why.

:tu: Thank you Mark! Exactly my thoughts.

Could i ask something out of curiosity......i still cant get why people think that graveyards or a cemetery should be haunted...i agree that they are areas for people to pay there respects to those they have lost and should not be abused by people that seek a spectral encounter...but why if we have passed away should we want to spend eternity in a graveyard/cemetery....?.......sorry for being blunt but if i was to croak it now and was buried/burned next week...why should i spend my deathly times in a cemetary...?....

Could i ask something out of curiosity......i still cant get why people think that graveyards or a cemetery should be haunted...i agree that they are areas for people to pay there respects to those they have lost and should not be abused by people that seek a spectral encounter...but why if we have passed away should we want to spend eternity in a graveyard/cemetery....?.......sorry for being blunt but if i was to croak it now and was buried/burned next week...why should i spend my deathly times in a cemetary...?....

Brian I could not agree more !!! - Some cemeteries have had reported histories of paranormal happenings, but less than people think.

If I were to pass today, I'd MUCH rather spend my time following my team around annoying the crap out of them. :D

As it stands, cemeteries are often illegal to be in for purposes other than their design.

There is an immense hype and following assuming cemeteries (because dead people are there) must be haunted. This is more or less, a total crock. No theory truly supports the claim either. Personally there is a large about of disrespect involved in the process of investigating a cemetery. Seeking out the location is a, :no:, never for a respectable group, in my opinion of course. Rare exceptions have been made/seen, Clergy or administrators seeking the individual group out for HELP in that matter is a different story.

One of our members addressed this in our newsletter - take a look HERE

EVEN if the group investigating is doing so respectively - they are making way for tons of shadow seeking twerps to run around and trample through cemeteries...

I could rant endlessly about this particular topic...

And yet science is clearly not important for thousands and those do who believe without needing scientific proof are ridiculed and deemed ignorant, stupid, etc. It seems to me the harder one looks for scientific proof, the less likely you are to believe. So if nothing is acceptable as proof, I ask again, what is it that you're looking for?

And yet science is clearly not important for thousands and those do who believe without needing scientific proof are ridiculed and deemed ignorant, stupid, etc. It seems to me the harder one looks for scientific proof, the less likely you are to believe. So if nothing is acceptable as proof, I ask again, what is it that you're looking for?

But yet everyone one day will have or know the truth / proof, just some are impatient :rolleyes: I usually get in a discussion (in person), with individuals who claim Spirits are lost or do not know their dead. I can not buy in to it and will not. What I suggest is the individual read some of the documents from individuals who have died and come back. Dig a bit deeper for those who died while being assisted to by a medical team (thus is confirmed), and the person has come back and the person can talk about what all went on by the medical team while they were dead (for better confirmation on being dead)... But yet you never read about any who were lost or did not know they were dead, usually it is some spiritual thing they eventually experienced that your reading about. Thus it being the closest possible information we have on knowing without actually personally knowing.

Why a cemetery? why not? I have not seen any proof of why not, other then maybe thoughts of individuals along with their personal feelings of why a spirit 'would not' if they were a spirit, re-visit the last place family members maybe gathered 'emotionally' as a whole for an individual, thus maybe that gathering of emotions as a whole that it was at one time, being the draw.

At no point did I say nothing is acceptable as proof, merely that everything should not be accepted as proof.

I have had experiences where I cannot explain the cause, things with no explanation to me other than the possibility of spiritual presence. We seek this SCIENTIFIC proof to display without doubt a just, and factual, statement. Pseudoscience is ridiculed, paranormal concepts are often suffering backlash in the scientific community - this is why I seek proof.

I don't deem anyone who believes without need of proof ignorant, or stupid, or et cetera. I deem people who ARE ignorant, stupid and et cetera as such.

So I am a believer, not because I have allergies and can thus sense the presence of orbs... but because I've encountered things I cannot explain - even with science. I am also a skeptic, but because I must be. There are thousands of explainable or false claims for every legitimate one, and with odds like that we'd all be wasting our time if we just immediately accepted everything someone said as fact. Not to say we don't listen to and believe our clients, just that there are times that things can be explained no matter how amazing they appeared at the time, because what they experienced was very real even if it is explained later.

If I found the best evidence in the world, but followed no scientific protocol, it would never be accepted as a whole. The believers would believe, they already do, the science community would likely dismiss it. And that's where it needs to impact if we're ever to make a change that could one day actually help people as a whole.

And finally, I need remind that our purpose may include finding this proof - but the main focus is helping those having these experiences. By either explaining it and giving them peace knowing it was imagined, or helping them to see that they are not crazy and something is happening in their home (when it actually is).

Edited by Mark of R.I.P.

This has been answered over and over again my friend. We are speaking in circles. I'm opting out of further discussion here on this subject.

Brian I could not agree more !!! - Some cemeteries have had reported histories of paranormal happenings, but less than people think.

If I were to pass today, I'd MUCH rather spend my time following my team around annoying the crap out of them. :D

As it stands, cemeteries are often illegal to be in for purposes other than their design.

There is an immense hype and following assuming cemeteries (because dead people are there) must be haunted. This is more or less, a total crock. No theory truly supports the claim either. Personally there is a large about of disrespect involved in the process of investigating a cemetery. Seeking out the location is a, :no:, never for a respectable group, in my opinion of course. Rare exceptions have been made/seen, Clergy or administrators seeking the individual group out for HELP in that matter is a different story.

One of our members addressed this in our newsletter - take a look HERE

EVEN if the group investigating is doing so respectively - they are making way for tons of shadow seeking twerps to run around and trample through cemeteries...

I could rant endlessly about this particular topic...

Thanks for the newsletter...an excellent read i must say.

I can understand your annoyance with people using cemeteries as a playground....I cant begin to imagine how much damage they do to groups such as your own.Ive always found graveyards to be very peaceful and interesting places and not spooky at all.I often walk around the largest one in my town whilst visiting my fathers grave and the overwhelming feeling i get is of how lucky we are nowadays.Its a very old cemetery with lots of young people from past generations in it who died in harder times,be it by war(WW1,WW2 and even Boer War) or diseases now that we now have cures for....i often wonder whilst walking what they would make of the world today...probably not much...

Sorry for my ramblings.....thank you again for your newsletter...it was much appreciated..

• 3 months later...

Noise removal must have been performed, sounds like audacity butcher work.

I agree, this recording sounds NR'ed to death!

Or the bit-rate of the recorder is woefully poor.

Thank you for sharing this.

I do think it's legit,but in general,the people who obtained the EVP,always tell you what's being said.I

That's a given,because they want the evp understood from their stand point..

I mean,I will hear complete gibberish,and Grant and Jason say:its saying "I love the smell of napalm in the morning !"

Yeah,like that.

It said whut ?

And I just dont hear that ,at all.

I've done evps in my own home,and video on objects on things with magical "history",with some interesting results,but i think evps invite abuse,similar to Ouija boards.

Like that woman who runs to the bathroom to ask her guide what flavor latte to get,every 15 minutes,which is also dangerous.

im not saying that's what's going on here.Good evps are very interesting.

This one is at least comprehensible,in that it's just noises like whimpering and screaming,but it's obviously there.

I def heard the whimper,one hay,and the scream.

The place looks creepy to boot,to me anyway,but i just dont like evps a lot.

They're too open ended ,if the words are just gibberish,and some guy is swearing some dead soldier is reciting the Gettysburg Address.

Sometimes I heard it,90% of the time,its just a wtf for me.