Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I just experienced a paranormal experience

Yamato

I suspect the majority of people reading this won't believe me or the information I'm going to share. I'd take the stories of others with a healthy dose of skepticism as well, so I won't expect easy belief from anyone. I'm not here to make up stories because I don't have anything better to do with myself. I'm here to tell the truth about what has happened.

Some recent history: My older sister recently passed away to secondary progressive Multiple Sclerosis early this year. Against my and my family's wishes, she traveled overseas and took her own life in an assisted-suicide clinic legal in some of the westernized social democracies there. Also against our wishes she had her remains cremated, which was expedient and probably the only practical choice given that she was overseas at the time of her death. Without getting into anymore personal detail, I wanted to preface this posting with this information for the possible connection it might have to it.

About a month ago, I was just waking up in bed when I heard a very clear voice (not a whisper, but an adult male voice) say "Hey, Michael". First of all my name isn't Michael. Secondly, after discussing this, I don't know the significance of this message, or name. I wasn't dreaming, so coming out of a dream that I might have "heard" a voice in my mind isn't a possibility, and moreover, I was already awake and knew it. I was on my right side and heard the voice as if someone was speaking directly into my ear from a foot away. It wasn't a whisper, it wasn't a shout. But it was loud enough to get my attention to say the least. Obviously I opened my eyes wide open and looked at the origin of the voice and nothing was there. I didn't feel a sense of dread or fear but I was extremely startled and uncomfortable. Instinctively I rolled over on my other side for a brief moment and I got even more uncomfortable because my back was turned away from the voice, almost like I didn't want anything to go on behind my back, so I turned back and physically got out of bed a moment later.

Thinking more about it, I realized that I might not be interpreting what I heard correctly. I'm presuming that it was in English...but was it?

"Haim Ikle" or any other unknown combination of word sounds in any other language might be at play here.

Or could it have been other word in English that sound like what I translated it to be (ex. "My kill")

Most recently, after saying what I heard out loud, I realized that "Hey I'm Michael" sounds phonetically extremely close to what I heard, and indeed might be what I heard and would at least explain the name I can't make a connection to. So Michael trying to get my attention is a new possibility I'm considering to answer to what happened that day.

About seven or eight days ago, I was again waking up but still in bed. This time I was on my right side, and felt very clearly two finger pokes on my shoulder. Again I turned and nothing was there. Again I had no sense of fear or foreboding. I noticed no foul smell, or cold chill, or dark shape, or any of the other things people who have experiences might claim go along with them. Just two finger pokes on my shoulder, like someone is trying to get my attention. And needless to say, it worked in spades once again.

So I was talking to my mom about this occurrence two days ago, and she got very visibly upset at the message. She immediately asked if I'd talked to my father about this and I said no. It was then she told me that my father experienced very much the same thing on very nearly the same day although for him it was somewhat different. With him, he was awake, lying in bed on his back, and felt two pushes on his right shoulder, not like a finger tap but like an entire hand pushing down on him. A heavier sensation than what I felt, but still the same number of sensations on the same part of the body. We're not sure if this occurred on the same day of the week. It might have been a day or two apart or it may have been the same day. We both live in the same place where my sister spent some time having lived in, or spent most of her childhood in. My father, on feeling this, opened his eyes and looked, expecting someone to be there. He asked my mom if she did it and she said no. Nobody else was in the room or the house and after some contemplation he said that maybe my sister is okay. On sharing what I experienced, I didn't think that it was my sister, especially given the voice I heard in my ear was not female, but more elderly sounding, and definitely male.

My parents have also experienced poltergeists after moving into a new home when my sister and I were kids. Lights were turning on in the middle of the night, my parents would wake up and realize that neither one of them left the light on the night before (which would often be the bathroom adjoining their bedroom). They would never leave a light on, that just isn't like them to do. So being in a new house, they suspected that there was an electrical problem with the wiring or the switches in the house. However, other possible phenomena began occurring including noises, misplaced/displaced objects.

The experiences culminated into the most terrifying night of all. My sister and i were sound asleep in our beds in separate bedrooms. My parents were lying in bed watching TV getting ready to go to sleep. The lights were on, they were both sitting up in bed. And that's when they heard the sound of footsteps coming from the hallway outside their door. They both heard this, turned and looked at each other and both thought there was an intruder in the house. It was clearly human footfalls; this was made more evident by the fact that there was plastic matting still on the floor down the entire length of the hall, to protect the carpet from painters who were still finishing up on the house. They could hear the footfalls landing on this plastic that made a distinctive sound when walking on it. The footsteps were heavy and somewhat quick in pace, however as they were both frozen in bed with fear realizing that they couldn't even get up to close the door before someone was upon them, they waited. The footsteps continued but whoever it was never got to the door. My dad jumped out of bed, reached into a drawer and got a small knife out and exited the bedroom. It was dark at the top of the stairs and he couldn't see down the hallway from that position but the footsteps continued. He reached his arm around a corner into the hallway and flipped a light switch and at that exact moment the footsteps stopped. He was staring down an empty hallway.

This occurred one more time in the house while they were already in bed. After the final incident, all phenomena stopped.

I have other information but I don't want to share too much initially as I don't want to bias the audience with my own explanations that I (we) eventually arrived at. I'm not willing to settle on what I think I know, when I know I really have no idea what any of this is. I'd like to hear the thoughts of and pick the brains of all of you in this community, that you hopefully share what you know and impart any wisdom you might have about such experiences, whether your own or those you've read about.

Thanks!

:)

Can I get the short summary version. I know this whole experience was probably exciting and you are very enthusiastic about it, but I don't really want to read all of that.

Can I get the short summary version. I know this whole experience was probably exciting and you are very enthusiastic about it, but I don't really want to read all of that.

Wow how conducive to discussion you are! Not wanting to read like that. Maybe you should just type instead?

That is the short summary version. The realization that there are mysteries beyond our understanding should be pretty enthusiastic to you too. Exciting enough to read less than one page in a book which is how long my post is. If you can't even read it you're not qualified to help me, sorry. :(

I'll be really disappointed if I don't get better responses than this, especially from this site.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your sister, you have my sympathy. Welcome to UM, I don't think I have seen you before so I will say Hello. Now for your story. Very interesting indeed! Are you an author? You write quite well. Do you believe in reincarnation? There are many things this could be and I am not any kind of an authority on this subject, but I have had a few things happen to me. I lost a son over 30 years ago. He has been near me several times and he let me know it was him. The strange part was, he was only a small baby when he died, and when he came to me years after he died he was a grown man. So for the longest time I could not figure out how. Reincarnation was the only answer that made any sense to me.

We all have another half to make us whole. If we are in our physical body while our other half is in a spiritual body, they can stay close to us and try to show that they are here waiting. The spirit is sexless and ageless and made of pure energy. Speech and our physical body is how we identify with eachother on an earthly plane. So when your other part comes looking for you then they will show themselves to you at the last physical form that your knew them in. I know, it doesn't make much sense but it is all I have. Think about it though, maybe this person was looking for you for another reason, and only sees you as the last physical form you were in before this one. I don't believe in God, Jesus, the bible or the devil and the demons. I do believe in bad spirits though but I don't think this is what you have. I think it is just someone you knew in a past life and they need contact for what ever reason.

Just a thought, I might be a nut job but I don't think I am, but I do have a hard time discussing this stuff. I hope you find out, I don't think your in any danger though. I have a few spirits in my home, they make noise, speak to me in one or two word out bursts but they have never made me feel fear of any kind. Like I said, I am no authority and this is all just my opinion. Good luck to you!

Rocketgirl B)

• Like 1

I too am sorry for your loss.

from the information of your post I'd assume you were experiencing a passing spirit that in your emotional distress was able to contact you.

we as people can be effected or interact with the supernatural or spiritual word when we are experiencing high levels of emotion. be it depression, anger, or joy. taking that your sister has passed would have me under the impression that you are at a highly emotional state now. as are the rest of your family. I would take into consideration that your experiences with "michael" are because of this.

the fact that your father experienced part of what you did (the physical contact) would lead me to believe that,

a) being under the same emotional stress at the same time, you both experienced a paranormal encounter at the same time.

B) or there is a message from beyond that both you and your father were ment to receive and experience together for some reason.

perhaps speaking with your father about details of the experiences and discussing your feelings and thoughts after your sisters passing will help in finding a reason. perhaps getting you two to talk was the reason to begin with.

keep us informed on any new experiences.

thanks, D

• Like 1

Welcome to UM, Yamato! I, too, want to express my grief and concern for your recent loss of your sister.

As someone has already mentioned, your story is well written.

_________

Poltergeist

A couple of weeks ago I went to Wikipedia and read the article on Poltergeist. Then I went to the list of citations and read the links each took me to, as well as those associated--like if it was a series on one topic. It was a good exercise.

What stuck to me the best were the opinions of those researchers who have investigated heaps of cases. They hypothesize that poltergeists seem to be the result of the release--like a relief valve on a steam pipe--of stress, often related to sexual tension in girls ages 12 to 21. It is also theorized that the release has to do with changes occurring in the brain, and that the energy is released by the brain. The girls are unaware of being the cause and the things that happen are uncontrollable.

There is also the opinion that instead of them being the source of the energy, that the tension allows some entity to utilize them to produce what is happening.

I wonder if your older sister was in that age range when your parents lived at the place where the strange things were happening? If so, you have a strong indication of her propensity to be involved in the steps or touchings.

Visual & auditory manifestations

I am not saying that this is true in your case, but am relating it in case you might identify with it.

Having narcolepsy, a sleep disorder, often what happens to me at the beginning of sleep is what happens to others at the end of their sleep. When I fall asleep I immediately begin REM (dream) sleep, rather than one and a quarter hours later, like most everyone else. The problem this presents is that I can be asleep and think I am still awake, because I integrate the transition from being awake to dreaming seamlessly. I have had nights when I dreamed I never was asleep, but I know that was not true because of being rested. Then I have had nights when I actually never did sleep. I know if that is true by knowing I am exhausted.

Now that being said by way of introduction to this simple fact. Occasionally when I fall asleep I have a flash of visual that is like someone being right up in my face. Or I might have a flash of a shout or something unmistakably spoken. On those occasions I know the moment I went to sleep, but naturally wake up instantaneously as if frightened. Then I realize it was that thing I sometimes do the instant I go to sleep.

Apparently this happens to others in the same way as it does to me, and yet to others when they wake up. When I told my wife about it, she reassured me, she too, has such once in a while. This never happened to me before, and just started happening the last couple of years. These last couple of years I have gone through my own personal hell. I believe the occurrences have to do with the stress brought on by that--a bit of a post traumatic stress syndrome kind of thingie. You too could be having such from the stress of your sister passing and the fret that has caused everyone.

Being touched

You guys, you and your father, did not describe sleep paralysis, as I would know it anyway. So, I am leaning on the footsteps and the touches as possible entity activity, but I don't know anything about that kind of stuff! I just wanted to introduce the other information, should it be helpful.

Now you have a long, yet worthwhile page to read, also! LOL

After a few more responses, I will be ready to hear the additional details you spoke of.

But first we need some more people who understand this kind of activity to chime in.

• Like 1

I think if your sister was strong enough to travel abroad and chose to die without her family round her to prevent you from having to endure her wasting away then with that sort of strength she will probably be keeping an eye on you from the other side. You might want to talk to her spirit and tell her you are OK and can look after yourself and that she should go to see god to continue the journey.

As for any other ghosts that are trying to interact with you just tell them to **** off with all the power and meaning you can. I had to fight things that 'haunted' me, they created fear and fed from it. I had to change the way I live my life to get the strength to defeat them, now they fear me. The dead have no real power over the living.

You may have to confront your own 'demons' locked away in your mind and depending on your choices in life you might have something that you need forgiveness for or to forgive someone for to fully move on?

There are shaman out there can help you see things that you may have forgotten. I've seen my ancestors and three of them sat with me during a 'session' and the oldest with white hair held my hand. There was nothing but an overwhelming love for all life, I also believe I glimpsed a god, it is amused at what we humans do and does not judge us for our past only what we do in the present and the future.

Welcome to UM, Yamato! I, too, want to express my grief and concern for your recent loss of your sister.

As someone has already mentioned, your story is well written.

_________

Poltergeist

A couple of weeks ago I went to Wikipedia and read the article on Poltergeist. Then I went to the list of citations and read the links each took me to, as well as those associated--like if it was a series on one topic. It was a good exercise.

What stuck to me the best were the opinions of those researchers who have investigated heaps of cases. They hypothesize that poltergeists seem to be the result of the release--like a relief valve on a steam pipe--of stress, often related to sexual tension in girls ages 12 to 21. It is also theorized that the release has to do with changes occurring in the brain, and that the energy is released by the brain. The girls are unaware of being the cause and the things that happen are uncontrollable.

There is also the opinion that instead of them being the source of the energy, that the tension allows some entity to utilize them to produce what is happening.

I wonder if your older sister was in that age range when your parents lived at the place where the strange things were happening? If so, you have a strong indication of her propensity to be involved in the steps or touchings.

Visual & auditory manifestations

I am not saying that this is true in your case, but am relating it in case you might identify with it.

Having narcolepsy, a sleep disorder, often what happens to me at the beginning of sleep is what happens to others at the end of their sleep. When I fall asleep I immediately begin REM (dream) sleep, rather than one and a quarter hours later, like most everyone else. The problem this presents is that I can be asleep and think I am still awake, because I integrate the transition from being awake to dreaming seamlessly. I have had nights when I dreamed I never was asleep, but I know that was not true because of being rested. Then I have had nights when I actually never did sleep. I know if that is true by knowing I am exhausted.

Now that being said by way of introduction to this simple fact. Occasionally when I fall asleep I have a flash of visual that is like someone being right up in my face. Or I might have a flash of a shout or something unmistakably spoken. On those occasions I know the moment I went to sleep, but naturally wake up instantaneously as if frightened. Then I realize it was that thing I sometimes do the instant I go to sleep.

Apparently this happens to others in the same way as it does to me, and yet to others when they wake up. When I told my wife about it, she reassured me, she too, has such once in a while. This never happened to me before, and just started happening the last couple of years. These last couple of years I have gone through my own personal hell. I believe the occurrences have to do with the stress brought on by that--a bit of a post traumatic stress syndrome kind of thingie. You too could be having such from the stress of your sister passing and the fret that has caused everyone.

Being touched

You guys, you and your father, did not describe sleep paralysis, as I would know it anyway. So, I am leaning on the footsteps and the touches as possible entity activity, but I don't know anything about that kind of stuff! I just wanted to introduce the other information, should it be helpful.

Now you have a long, yet worthwhile page to read, also! LOL

After a few more responses, I will be ready to hear the additional details you spoke of.

But first we need some more people who understand this kind of activity to chime in.

Actually you have touched on the additional details I was holding out on, so...

My sister was indeed under great stress. We had just moved, and in her case, moved away from all of her friends. She was very upset about this according to my parents. I was too young to remember this.

Yes she was approximately 12 years old and despite this experience being a long time ago, my dad read some books recommended by a co-worker and it laid out causes very similar to what you've brought up. That far more up to date information confirms the old data that much further makes me feel confident that my sister had something to do with the poltergeist activity.

After having read this information and identifying my sister as the possible culprit, my parents spent time with her comforting her and encouraging her in our new place. And after this extra effort, the activity stopped.

Thanks for your thoughtful input! I hope your own condition improves with time!

I too am sorry for your loss.

from the information of your post I'd assume you were experiencing a passing spirit that in your emotional distress was able to contact you.

we as people can be effected or interact with the supernatural or spiritual word when we are experiencing high levels of emotion. be it depression, anger, or joy. taking that your sister has passed would have me under the impression that you are at a highly emotional state now. as are the rest of your family. I would take into consideration that your experiences with "michael" are because of this.

the fact that your father experienced part of what you did (the physical contact) would lead me to believe that,

a) being under the same emotional stress at the same time, you both experienced a paranormal encounter at the same time.

B) or there is a message from beyond that both you and your father were ment to receive and experience together for some reason.

perhaps speaking with your father about details of the experiences and discussing your feelings and thoughts after your sisters passing will help in finding a reason. perhaps getting you two to talk was the reason to begin with.

keep us informed on any new experiences.

thanks, D

I hadn't even thought of that. Just getting us to talk may very well be the case. We've been distant and probably need to.

The emotional stress could easily be a factor with both of us too. As I've read, we might also be more conducive to such contact (awake, still in bed) at the times we both experienced it.

Also, both your A and B could be true together. Thanks!

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your sister, you have my sympathy. Welcome to UM, I don't think I have seen you before so I will say Hello. Now for your story. Very interesting indeed! Are you an author? You write quite well. Do you believe in reincarnation? There are many things this could be and I am not any kind of an authority on this subject, but I have had a few things happen to me. I lost a son over 30 years ago. He has been near me several times and he let me know it was him. The strange part was, he was only a small baby when he died, and when he came to me years after he died he was a grown man. So for the longest time I could not figure out how. Reincarnation was the only answer that made any sense to me.

We all have another half to make us whole. If we are in our physical body while our other half is in a spiritual body, they can stay close to us and try to show that they are here waiting. The spirit is sexless and ageless and made of pure energy. Speech and our physical body is how we identify with eachother on an earthly plane. So when your other part comes looking for you then they will show themselves to you at the last physical form that your knew them in. I know, it doesn't make much sense but it is all I have. Think about it though, maybe this person was looking for you for another reason, and only sees you as the last physical form you were in before this one. I don't believe in God, Jesus, the bible or the devil and the demons. I do believe in bad spirits though but I don't think this is what you have. I think it is just someone you knew in a past life and they need contact for what ever reason.

Just a thought, I might be a nut job but I don't think I am, but I do have a hard time discussing this stuff. I hope you find out, I don't think your in any danger though. I have a few spirits in my home, they make noise, speak to me in one or two word out bursts but they have never made me feel fear of any kind. Like I said, I am no authority and this is all just my opinion. Good luck to you!

Rocketgirl B)

Thank you! Actually I'm just a migrant from the old History message boards that someone there recommended this website to. I hadn't thought to come here for anything regarding ghosts or the paranormal. I decided to give the board a try though for the reasons that it is very active with members posting daily, and the subject matter was interesting and indicated that the community here is open minded. Thus far, I've seen that is very much the case. So thank you for your friendly reply!

I feel nothing "bad" about the contact I can think of. Tapping me on the shoulder is quite the gentle way of getting my attention so I have concluded there is nothing to fear. I feel accepting of and open to whatever/whoever it was. Of course I could be wrong but that's the initial feeling about it I'm going to roll with. :)

As for belief, I'm open to the possibility of the existence of many things. Regarding religious belief, I like to joke that I'm either a good agnostic or a bad Catholic.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean about your son. If reincarnation explains your reuinion, is it that he came to you in physical form 30 years later and you now know him but as an adult?

I think if your sister was strong enough to travel abroad and chose to die without her family round her to prevent you from having to endure her wasting away then with that sort of strength she will probably be keeping an eye on you from the other side. You might want to talk to her spirit and tell her you are OK and can look after yourself and that she should go to see god to continue the journey.

As for any other ghosts that are trying to interact with you just tell them to **** off with all the power and meaning you can. I had to fight things that 'haunted' me, they created fear and fed from it. I had to change the way I live my life to get the strength to defeat them, now they fear me. The dead have no real power over the living.

You may have to confront your own 'demons' locked away in your mind and depending on your choices in life you might have something that you need forgiveness for or to forgive someone for to fully move on?

There are shaman out there can help you see things that you may have forgotten. I've seen my ancestors and three of them sat with me during a 'session' and the oldest with white hair held my hand. There was nothing but an overwhelming love for all life, I also believe I glimpsed a god, it is amused at what we humans do and does not judge us for our past only what we do in the present and the future.

I fear guns, knives, blunt objects, and human intruders. Those can genuinely hurt me. I have no fear of ghosts in me to feed off of, so they missed their mark if that's the case.

I actually hope for even more-vivid contact. Something that I could see with my own two eyes perhaps. Yes that would freak me out at the time but I'll pay that freaky price for the experience of a lifetime any day.

The idea of forgiveness is most interesting. I suppose I could make a real effort to forgive my sister in my heart and mind, and ask her for forgiveness. And do the same with my father while I'm at it.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Yes she was approximately 12 years old and despite this experience being a long time ago, my dad read some books recommended by a co-worker and it laid out causes very similar to what you've brought up. That far more up to date information confirms the old data that much further makes me feel confident that my sister had something to do with the poltergeist activity.

If you happen to remember the names of the books and/or authors, I bet there would be people here who would like to read them.

Oh, and thanks for the praises of the site. I'm kinda new and have felt very welcome here, too.

Edited by encouraged

I feel for you at this time.

I also feel that you do not understand the events and are seeking an explanation.

I was in a situation many years ago and I will share with you what I have resolved from them.

First we are spirits which have been sent from heaven to have a body but first of all we are spirits

Forget all the religious stuff - we are spirits first and there are spirits everywhere around us, both good and not so good(evil)

When we die we lose our body but a spirit cannot die and so we are in a world we know that can't see us.

Some time after my father died, he contacted my mother to show her that he thought things as they we going were ok.

There are thousands of stories like this which are proof of the reality of the spirit world.

If there isn't any objects being thrown around rooms or any violence then you should consider the spirit as friendly.

In one house I visited I could feel the coldness of the spirit - it sent a shiver through me as I was near it.

This would appear to be a method of detecting a spirit - they may displace heat somehow.

An unusually cold room would be such evidence.

As far as I understand spirits cannot hurt you but they can communicate well.

It would appear from your story there are possibly resident spirits in your home.

If they concern you and your father they could be exorcised.

There is a great deal of information I have now about spirits but I feel the above is all that is required for people to consider the spirit world and be at peace with it.

Perhaps it is your sister and she is trying to assure you of something.

Further experiences may occur and you may want to consider communicating with the spirit.

You and your family may wish to consider what action to take jointly.

I wish you and yours well and hope that any action you take may help you with you loss.

I had a similar experience a few months ago.

The night before I put our daughter to bed at about 8 pm. I kept checking on her every 20 minutes to see if she was asleep yet. Everytime I'd walk back to the older side of our house where her room is, I could hear her talking to herself from around the corner. She would be describing her toys, room, school, friends, etc. I'd ask her who she was talking to and she would say she was talking to her toys. It was a little weird as she's not one for talking by herself for long periods of time. Especially at bed time. Usually she's out like a light maybe 30 minutes after I get her tucked in. This night she stayed awake until at least 11 pm.

The next morning I woke up and decided to use my daughter's bathroom to get ready for work. I didn't want to use our master bathroom, which is attached to our bedroom, as my daughter and wife were both stil asleep. My kid's four and is in a phase where she gets scared of her room and the dark, so she runs to our bed in the middle of the night.

It was about 0615 to 0630 when my wife stopped by the bathroom to tell me she was taking out dog for a walk and headed out the front door. A few minutes later I was ready for work so I turned off the bathroom light and walked out into the dark hallway, I heard a kid's voice mumbling to me from my daughter's room to my left. It sounded just like my daughter's voice in the morning when she's half asleep. It startled me, but my daughter has snuck up on me multiple times when I've had the sink running or doing something else that makes noise. I figured she must have woke up in our bed to realize both me and my wife weren't there, so she came looking for one of us. I asked her what she said and stood there for a minute in silence. It was then I realized that my daughter wasn't there. I was completely alone on the old side of our house. Needless to say I was pretty creeped out and high tailed it to the newer side of the house to see my daughter was still sound asleep in our bed.

I woke her up and brought her into the living room. I asked her if she could tell me who she was talking to the night before. She looked to the doorway leading to her side of the house while smiling and said "Nothing." Pretty creepy.

When my wife came home I told her about it and was a little shaken for a couple of days. Finally about three days later I walked in her room and announced to anything there that we lived and owned the house, and I wanted anything there to respect that. I've only had a few things happen since then.

A month or so later I was in the living room on that older side of the house reading a book and I heard something running above me. I mean I could hear the ceiling shaking and the "thump", "thump", "thumps". The only problem is there is nothing but a small attic up there with no floor to run on, it's all insulation and wooden beams. I was near the edge/corner of the house so I chalked it up to a squirrel or something else on the edge of the roof running and jumping to a tree. It was just that the sound was pretty loud for something so small.

Then I had one somewhat freaky thing happen this morning. Our big indoor pitbull sleeps in bed with us, and she was in and out of the bed all night at about 0400 or so this morning. We have hardwood floors and it sounds like she's tap dancing when she's all over the place. I got up to see what she needed, and she was standing near the closed door facing our smaller living room. She never wants to go in there in the middle of the night, so I asked her if she needed to pee and she responded to it by running to our other door which leads to the back porch off of our bedroom. I opened the door, let her out, and I jumped back into bed (It was 30 degrees out this morning! Brr!) to notice my daughter was laying next to me facing my wife. I laid there for a few mintues until I heard the dog grunting to be let back in. I got back into bed and laid my arm on the pillows near my daughter and kind of cuddled up next to her. When I got up this morning I took a shower in our master bath and got out right when my wife was waking up. She was all excited and when I asked her why she told me it was because our daughter slept in her own bed the entire night. I told her no she didn't, she was sleeping right next to me. I watched her check the bed and she wasn't there. We walked to her side of the house and saw her sleeping in the same position she was in last night when we tucked her in.

So what in the hell was I cuddled up to last night? I was wide awake after letting my dog back into the house last night. Again, what I thought was my daughter was faced towards my wife's side of the bed so all I could see was the back of her little head which looked about the same size as my daughter's. It wasn't my wife, I could see her sleeping on her side facing me.

Fun little things continue to happen in our house we bought about one year ago this month. :)

Edited by Wayloski
  • Like 1

Darn! Wouldn't you know it! I was trying to go of to sleep last night. I was lying there on my back. Suddenly out of nowhere I had what seemed to be five or six taps on the kinda top, kinda front of my shoulder. I immediately thought of this topic and said to myself, "Oh, darn!"

A few moments later I decided I should touch that spot and see if I encounter something. So I did and I did encounter something. It was the tubing running between my C-PAP machine and mask. That was over the spot, so, I pulled it like I usually do to get it where I prefer it. Then I checked again to see if I encountered anything. I didn't!

For now I will just consider it to be a series of muscle twitches. If it isn't that, the thing is going to have to try again in a different spot so as not to be interpreted as twitches again.

• Like 1

I had a similar experience a few months ago.

The night before I put our daughter to bed at about 8 pm. I kept checking on her every 20 minutes to see if she was asleep yet. Everytime I'd walk back to the older side of our house where her room is, I could hear her talking to herself from around the corner. She would be describing her toys, room, school, friends, etc. I'd ask her who she was talking to and she would say she was talking to her toys. It was a little weird as she's not one for talking by herself for long periods of time. Especially at bed time. Usually she's out like a light maybe 30 minutes after I get her tucked in. This night she stayed awake until at least 11 pm.

The next morning I woke up and decided to use my daughter's bathroom to get ready for work. I didn't want to use our master bathroom, which is attached to our bedroom, as my daughter and wife were both stil asleep. My kid's four and is in a phase where she gets scared of her room and the dark, so she runs to our bed in the middle of the night.

It was about 0615 to 0630 when my wife stopped by the bathroom to tell me she was taking out dog for a walk and headed out the front door. A few minutes later I was ready for work so I turned off the bathroom light and walked out into the dark hallway, I heard a kid's voice mumbling to me from my daughter's room to my left. It sounded just like my daughter's voice in the morning when she's half asleep. It startled me, but my daughter has snuck up on me multiple times when I've had the sink running or doing something else that makes noise. I figured she must have woke up in our bed to realize both me and my wife weren't there, so she came looking for one of us. I asked her what she said and stood there for a minute in silence. It was then I realized that my daughter wasn't there. I was completely alone on the old side of our house. Needless to say I was pretty creeped out and high tailed it to the newer side of the house to see my daughter was still sound asleep in our bed.

I woke her up and brought her into the living room. I asked her if she could tell me who she was talking to the night before. She looked to the doorway leading to her side of the house while smiling and said "Nothing." Pretty creepy.

When my wife came home I told her about it and was a little shaken for a couple of days. Finally about three days later I walked in her room and announced to anything there that we lived and owned the house, and I wanted anything there to respect that. I've only had a few things happen since then.

A month or so later I was in the living room on that older side of the house reading a book and I heard something running above me. I mean I could hear the ceiling shaking and the "thump", "thump", "thumps". The only problem is there is nothing but a small attic up there with no floor to run on, it's all insulation and wooden beams. I was near the edge/corner of the house so I chalked it up to a squirrel or something else on the edge of the roof running and jumping to a tree. It was just that the sound was pretty loud for something so small.

Then I had one somewhat freaky thing happen this morning. Our big indoor pitbull sleeps in bed with us, and she was in and out of the bed all night at about 0400 or so this morning. We have hardwood floors and it sounds like she's tap dancing when she's all over the place. I got up to see what she needed, and she was standing near the closed door facing our smaller living room. She never wants to go in there in the middle of the night, so I asked her if she needed to pee and she responded to it by running to our other door which leads to the back porch off of our bedroom. I opened the door, let her out, and I jumped back into bed (It was 30 degrees out this morning! Brr!) to notice my daughter was laying next to me facing my wife. I laid there for a few mintues until I heard the dog grunting to be let back in. I got back into bed and laid my arm on the pillows near my daughter and kind of cuddled up next to her. When I got up this morning I took a shower in our master bath and got out right when my wife was waking up. She was all excited and when I asked her why she told me it was because our daughter slept in her own bed the entire night. I told her no she didn't, she was sleeping right next to me. I watched her check the bed and she wasn't there. We walked to her side of the house and saw her sleeping in the same position she was in last night when we tucked her in.

So what in the hell was I cuddled up to last night? I was wide awake after letting my dog back into the house last night. Again, what I thought was my daughter was faced towards my wife's side of the bed so all I could see was the back of her little head which looked about the same size as my daughter's. It wasn't my wife, I could see her sleeping on her side facing me.

Fun little things continue to happen in our house we bought about one year ago this month. :)

Wayloski: if this is real keep us informed on any future happenings please, if it's not real it's a great piece of fiction.

And welcome to UM Yamato. I think you have received some great advice and don't really have anything to add, but if you continue to have these experiances you should continue to post them as well. The more information given (within reason) the better of a solution or answer you'll get.

The way you say all of these experiences happened when you were just waking up just screams classic symptoms (makes it sound negative, but best word I can think of) of hypnagogia. You say you are not transitioning from a dream, so are therefore sure it cannot be any kind of hallucination or partial dream state, but there doesn't have to be a noticeable obvious transition from dream/sleep to the experience for it to happen.

It is really hard to tell sometimes what you experienced is real or dream; real things around you can feel a dream, or the opposite, dream things floating in can feel completely real and you feel alert. But most likely (I think) is that you are, as often we do, drifting quickly in and out of short periods of sleep after initially waking up, and these worlds (waking and dream) are being combined. And there would be no conceivable way to be able to tell because of the weird way our brains work related to sleep.

Did you ever have any other experiences, like hearing any other noises, any other sensations of touch besides the poking, any heat or cold sensations? Even a feeling of suddenly being very small or large? I'm sure you've felt semi-awake before in bed, then suddenly get "woken up from being awake" by your body suddenly jolting/twitching (a hypnic jerk). This is a great example of an instance related to hypnagogia, where you would swear you're awake, but realized you had drifted to sleep, been woken up, and feel like you had never fell asleep at all. The mind is very weird like this.

Just a theory from the info you've given.

Edited by Jerry Only
  • Like 1

Thank you! Actually I'm just a migrant from the old History message boards that someone there recommended this website to. I hadn't thought to come here for anything regarding ghosts or the paranormal. I decided to give the board a try though for the reasons that it is very active with members posting daily, and the subject matter was interesting and indicated that the community here is open minded. Thus far, I've seen that is very much the case. So thank you for your friendly reply!

I feel nothing "bad" about the contact I can think of. Tapping me on the shoulder is quite the gentle way of getting my attention so I have concluded there is nothing to fear. I feel accepting of and open to whatever/whoever it was. Of course I could be wrong but that's the initial feeling about it I'm going to roll with. :)

As for belief, I'm open to the possibility of the existence of many things. Regarding religious belief, I like to joke that I'm either a good agnostic or a bad Catholic.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean about your son. If reincarnation explains your reuinion, is it that he came to you in physical form 30 years later and you now know him but as an adult?

This is the first forum I joined when I first got my computer and internet service. That was a little over a year ago. I never had a computer before, except for at work and we did not have the internet there. I love the paranormal and love to hear stories from other people and I have learned a lot about myself by being a member here. I hope you like it here, some of the members can be, well..I guess "Interesting" would be the only word to use without hurting any feelings. Just stand your ground and they will back off.

I think the story of my son is to show that maybe in the spirit world we are who we "really"are. If we are born again in the physical realm and die soon after, our spirit is not a new baby but an adult spirit. Sometimes when people die I think they can't let go of this realm or they choose to wait for the rest of their loved ones and they just get "stuck" (for a better word) and can't get back to their true reality. I could go on and on but I won't! I have lots of different ideas and I also have a house with tons of activity going on! I do not feel any fear or surprise from them, although they can be rather noisy at night.

Good hunting!

Love and light, Rocket B)

• Like 1

The way you say all of these experiences happened when you were just waking up just screams classic symptoms (makes it sound negative, but best word I can think of) of hypnagogia.

Agreed. I don't really think it's negative though. It's just a part of sleep that happens. I have had it happen mixed in with SP and it can be freaky, but if you know what's going on it's not so scary.

:wub:

Hi Yamato,

So sorry for the loss of your Sister. She was very brave and strong willed. IMO, it could very well be her that is visiting you amongst other entities. If you do not feel threatened, then there is no danger for you. Often messages from other dimensions will have a similar sound to what you heard.... Michael could very well be bicycle *if you see what I mean*. Sounds can be very distorted.... if it is important, you will hear it again so keep listening.

Take care,

Seven

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm sorry to hear that your family had to go through all of that, though I don't have any advice I just wanted to express that I feel for you. <3

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed. I don't really think it's negative though. It's just a part of sleep that happens. I have had it happen mixed in with SP and it can be freaky, but if you know what's going on it's not so scary.

:wub:

No, one of the experiences that he had was clearly after he'd been up awhile and had gotten fully ready for work. But still good ideas for some of the experiences as a thought.

Rocketgirl B)

some ghost whisperer told me that ghost can choose to grow .. or to stay the way they were ,when they died.. or turn into an orb .. uses much less energy to move around .. (stay in an orb form .. 4ever. << not sure about that lol .. )

top 2 topic .. i believe you . .. but remember ghost can change.. and turn into whatever they want to be .. for a short moment .. it takes alot of energy.. . even vocal ..

i have had a similar . experience. was sleeping on my left shoulder. till someone screamed and yelled me .. from my back .. WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP NOW . it was a dark sinister male voice.. i could say imagine the voice of the devil himself. when i gathered enuogh courage, i turned around.

nothing was there .. it was gone.. only the voice was scary ,but the whole situation wasnt that bad. it gave me a pretty good feeling afterwards.. weird.. eh

Rocketgirl B)

some ghost whisperer told me that ghost can choose to grow .. or to stay the way they were ,when they died.. or turn into an orb .. uses much less energy to move around .. (stay in an orb form .. 4ever. << not sure about that lol .. )

top 2 topic .. i believe you . .. but remember ghost can change.. and turn into whatever they want to be .. for a short moment .. it takes alot of energy.. . even vocal ..

i have had a similar . experience. was sleeping on my left shoulder. till someone screamed and yelled me .. from my back .. WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP NOW . it was a dark sinister male voice.. i could say imagine the voice of the devil himself. when i gathered enuogh courage, i turned around.

nothing was there .. it was gone.. only the voice was scary ,but the whole situation wasnt that bad. it gave me a pretty good feeling afterwards.. weird.. eh