Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anthrax isn't scary at all compared to this':

sean6

Anthrax isn't scary at all compared to this': Man-made flu virus with potential to wipe out many millions if it ever escaped is created in research lab

Scientist responsible is bracing himself for a media storm

Just five tweaks to H5N1 makes it more contagious

Contagious version of bird flu could cause pandemic

Scientists divided over whether findings can be released

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2066624/Anthrax-isnt-scary-compared-Man-flu-virus-potential-wipe-millions-created-warns-frightened-scientist.html#ixzz1esQGYJDY

Edited by sean6

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oly

• ShadowSot

• FurthurBB

• Setton

Any other links? The one given is from the dailymail and well... we all know what the dailymail is about

Now imagine some terorist looking at this news... Some scientists are dumb as night...

I feel that anyone who makes this crap in a lab should be exposed to it first hand and the whole lab be burnt to the ground,It is Idiots like that that threaten the human race,there is no reason to develop bio hazzards,Lets hope and pray it does not get into the wrong hands"which it will most likely happen"because Idiots who do dumb things can't control what they make,I hope all involved get exposed and suffer like they should.

i agree with "the unseen"! this is scary to even read.. why the hell did they do it?

i agree with "the unseen"! this is scary to even read.. why the hell did they do it?

I don't. Unseen's solution is a sure way to contaminate the population.

Hasn't this guy read the work of Oppenheimer and Einstein, the one who wanted to be a plumber after seeing the effect of the A bomb?

Edit to add: Perhaps this Ron Fouchier dude is a firm believer in 2012 thingy and wants to create a real change wiping out the population. Sick SOB

Edited by Paracelse

You've got to be ****ing kidding me. They created a virus so dangerous that it could wipe out millions of people at a time... so that they would understand better and probably fight a virus that killed 500 people in the whole world?

if this is indeed factual, the stand may become a nonfiction story

I like the Stand - the Movie and the book. I sure don't want to live it though :unsure2: .

Blundering fools, I have no idea what is more stupid, creating the virus or publishing the fact that they have such a thing. Hope it all turns out to be a souped up story about nothing. :hmm:

Why in the world would they do this?

Some of the so-called "smartest" scientists make the most idiotic decisions. It is "science" like this that will make all those post-apocalyptic visions a reality. And it brings enlightenment upon the age old saying: Just because you CAN, it doesn't mean you should.

Absolutely unbelievable. It just shows you that despite several years studying in University or whatever, you can still have absolutely zero common sense. Why the hell would you want to create something like that? The article mentions something about being useful for bio-terrorism. Er no. You couldn't use that for bio-terrorism cos it would wipe out the whole human race, not just the population you're planning to 'bio-terrorise'! And indeed, mentioning the fact that they've created this virus at all is even more idiotic. They'll have thousands of nut-job maniacs trying to steal it! As Comic Book Guy would probably say... 'Worst Creation Ever'!

There appears to be a consensus here... "WHY!!"

The next question needs to be "WHO?" Who in their right mind would actually want to fund such diabolical (in it's true sense) research? Where did the research money come from?

Some funding Agencies need to be shut down IMHO disgust.gif

Drug companies are keen to creating bigger and badder bugs - do you really think they want to cure us - no profit in a healthy society.

I find it funny that people are surprised at this. You allow this kind of s**t to continue because you truly belief that the medical and pharmaceutical industry is there to HELP you. (I would even throw government in there, but that is another can of worms.) I bet you all believe in vaccinations too! This kind of s**t will continue to happen as long as the world is filled with sheeple.

Edited by Swadwa

I'm not a religious person, but this sure seems like a glimpse of Armageddon, complete with all four horsemen. If we're stupid enough to cook it up, it would be naive to think it will never make it into the wild, either by malicious intent or simple human stupidity, which is widespread and pervasive.

You only have to look as far as Dickens to see what forces will conspire to make it happen:

"This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom..."