Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anthrax isn't scary at all compared to this':

sean6

Bado

No, there are certain things we should do to prepare against nature, and in no way shape or form did I even say that. Secondly, I have studied the history of anthrax reading over 12 books on it, and studied it in microbiology...that being said anthrax was actually on the decline and affecting very little people, when it was being weaponized and no where near or even close as deadly as it has been today even though their have been lung reports in the past. I do not find it necessary to create the biggest baddest virus out there...no. Do I feel that beings need to be on their toes and have measurements in place for natural events, especially since things can travel fast in today's society yes. But I don't agree with how it is being done in some cases and to the degree.

Well, then you should understand that anthrax was specifically weaponized. The flu virus is not being weaponized. It would not make a good weapon because it spreads from person to person, so it cannot be controlled. Also, you would have to make sure it had completely new surface epitopes or it would not have any serious consequences unless you wanted to target the immunodeficient.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oly

• ShadowSot

• FurthurBB

• Dougal

I did do my research and I DO understand the purpose just because someone doesn't agree with every tiny detail does NOT mean they didn't read up and saying that to someone is arrogant. And I already said in my first post that it WAS weaponized, I am the one who said that from the very beginning..so what the hell you are on about I am not sure. I UNDERSTAND what it was made for and intended...DOES NOT mean I have to agree..I don't think you all are getting that.

Thats like saying to someone who has read the bible and various other religious texts, and because they don't agree with what it was used for ect...they obviously don't understand squat..no logic in that.

I did do my research and I DO understand the purpose just because someone doesn't agree with every tiny detail does NOT mean they didn't read up and saying that to someone is arrogant. And I already said in my first post that it WAS weaponized, I am the one who said that from the very beginning..so what the hell you are on about I am not sure. I UNDERSTAND what it was made for and intended...DOES NOT mean I have to agree..I don't think you all are getting that.

Thats like saying to someone who has read the bible and various other religious texts, and because they don't agree with what it was used for ect...they obviously don't understand squat..no logic in that.

No, that is not what I am saying. I do not know what you are getting so upset over. This is not a case of disagreeing. Viruses that are hard to find a good vaccine for are usually either very virulent or cannot grow in other species. The flu has neither of those attributes, it just mutates so rapidly. That is its thing, so it must be mutated to understand it and make decent vaccines and drugs to prevent and treat it.

I wonder when this will 'accidently' get turned loose on us?

Probably when that accidental mutation happens in nature....the flu is very good at mutating and generating new strains.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• 3 months later...

this is and update

Science journal could give recipe for deadly avian flu virus

-- A science journal is poised to publish a study that some experts believe could give a recipe to bioterrorists.

The study is from an experiment by a Dutch scientist who engineered the avian flu virus to make it more deadly to mammals by making it spread through the air.

That experiment was funded by the U.S. government, and it has sparked a passionate debate among scientists. Part of that debate is over where this research could lead, and whether it is worth it.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/12/us/journal-avian-flu/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

• 2 weeks later...

What the? I don't even..