Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your favourite Ghost Movie

sunspot

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IdahoGhostHunter

• Deimos

• KevinM

• JackBauer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So whats your favourite ghost - horror movie? .... I think I would have to say mine is probably John Carpenters "The Fog"

261031[/snapback]

"The Fog" was decent. i wouldn't call it my favorite, but i can't actually THINK of a favorite ghost movie right now. probably "Poltergeist." as for the characters of ghosts, "Th13teen Ghosts" wins, because i thought the ghosts were fleshed out well and interesting.

oo yeah i love thirteeen ghosts. i was actualy gonna put that down. i like that and ghost ship was awsome too.

laugh.gif Pirates of the Carribean had ghosts in it. That i think is the best, real-looking ghost movie. Well, the pirates didn't look like appirations, or were they supposed to be ghosts. But they were creepy looking like a ghost and they reminded me of a ghost!!

Best appiration-ghost movie = The documentaries that show ghosts cause no movie out there i've seen showed appirations but documentaries.

I liked The Others, but only the first time. Once you know the ending. . . . it's not as interesting. I loved The Ring and the upcoming film The Grudge looks great. . . . . . .

Ghostbusters no dout

i like Ghost, thats a good film and has a ghost in it original.gif

i like ghostbusters aswell though... thumbsup.gif

post-8538-1094803527.jpg

post-8538-1094803538.jpg

My favorites are the true ones like Amityville, Grave Secrets: The Legacy Of Hilltop Drive, The Haunted, Heartland Ghost, and The Entity.

As far as cinema ghosts go, Poltergeist, Ghostbusters, The Others, Pirates Of The Caribbean, and the 6th Sense...

And for the record, I was EXTREMELY disappointed with both Ghost Ship and 13 Ghosts--what wastes of time! And The Fog was pretty stupid too, but because its old and they didnt have much to work with, I'll let it slide.

Mmm.. mine would be mostly eastern movies since I'm south east asian.

• Any ghost movies from Indonesia was scary and good
  • Malaysian's lastest vampire movie; "Pontianak Harum Sundal Malam" (A tale of a vampire looking for revenge)
  • Nang Nak (A dead wife tending to the husband's needs, teh husband didn't know she is dead)
  • chinese hopping vampires
  • Trilogy of Ring O (Original or The Ring)
  • Phone (alot of people refused to answer their cell phone after watching this) laugh.gif
  • Wishing Stairs (care to make a wish and pay for it?)
  • Tale of two sisters
  • Troublesome Nights Series (tale of horrors)
  • Thirteen ghost
  • Ghost Ship

I have more favorites laugh.gif

Edited by bluefenix211

There's a ghost movie coming up, i saw a trailer for it at the Cinema last night.

Looks, in a word, terrifying. And i've never used that word for a movie before.

Wow.

IF you can overlook the gayass hollywood actresses, the movie looks so scary i had a nightmare about it last night, and that was just the trailer. Go look it up. I think the site is 'doyouhaveagrude.com'

oo yeah i saw the trailers for those too! the ghost movie is called White Noise. it looks very creepy and scary. The Grudge looks really weird but kinda good too. im lookin forward to both of those!

• 2 weeks later...

"The Others" is very good. But my favourite is a swedish movie called "Besökarna"("Visitors" in english). No blod and gore, just a classic ghost-story about a haunted house.

The Changeling with George C Scott from 1980 is the very best ghost movie ever made.

The Haunting - the 1963 original with Julie Harris, scared the bejeezuz out of me when I was a kid, and far more frightening than the remake.

but because its old and they didnt have much to work with, I'll let it slide

*sniffles* but but but...most older horror movies blow the newer horror movies out of the water. and even if a production group doesn't have much to work with, doesn't mean it'll be bad...*sniffles* i'm gonna go take a nap now...

Mine would have to be The Haunting (the original film ofcourse). I'm not sure if this would come under ghosts but The Ring 1 and 2 (japanese versions) I still have nightmares about those films scared.gifscared.gif

Pirates Of The Caribbean was good, ghost was good, ghostbusters was funny. But anything that tries to make ghosts frighting I tend to find really boring. I mean, the Ring was just a yawn a second.

Urban Ghost story.

Devils Backbone.

The woman in Black.

Dont look now.

(All bloody scary!) crying.gif