Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your favourite Ghost Movie

sunspot

Mine would be "The Sixth Sense", I liked the twist at the end (and am also glad it wasn't ruined for me by anybody).

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IdahoGhostHunter

• Deimos

• KevinM

• crystalmoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Others original.gif It wasn't scary, but the idea was just so fascinating to me.

The Others original.gif It wasn't scary, but the idea was just so fascinating to me.

363032[/snapback]

Same here. I knew something was up but didn't expect it to be like 'that'. (I hate giving away spoilers) tongue.gif

• 2 months later...

My favorite ghost movies would be the movie"Ghost" and "The Ring". original.gif

WOOT! I can't resist to say that 'The Others' is my absolute favourite, I love Nicole Kidman! Hehe!

Poltergist... that movie, the first time I saw it, scared the **** out of me.... and the second time I watched it, i wasnt as scared, but I can see how that movie could scare a younger person

So whats your favourite ghost - horror movie? .... I think I would have to say mine is probably John Carpenters "The Fog"

261031[/snapback]

I'd have to agree. I actually watched it again the other night. Very good flick.

The Killing Box w/ Adrian Pasdar was also good (but I'm not sure it they where ghosts???)

I like the new stuff like The Ring (original) and Ju On etc, but I am gonna go old school and say The Entity, now THAT was a creepy-ass story! unsure.gif

sixth sense was good so was the others. I reallylike the setting of the movie the others with nicole kidman. mellow.gif

Stir of echoes was much better than sixth sence its a top film and the fog thumbsup.gif

Edited by mr dollarhyde

Personally my favorite spirit movie(neither is a ghost per say) is a close tie between the original movies The Exorcist and The Amityville Horror. For straight ghost movies I'd say the remake of 13 Ghosts, Rose Red, the remake of The Haunting(I hate both the original and the book), or The 6th Sense.

I second "The Fog." Anyone a fan of the "The Stuff," that movie was great?

For the worst horror movie ever, "Pumpkinhead," awful!

Tabatha

I saw Pumpkinhead, I must say I died a little inside when I did. lol

What's "The Fog"? I dont think I've heard of it. I'd like to check it out sometime since some of you have mentioned it.

Stir of Echos and The Heartland Haunting Rocked! Great flicks. The Ring was also pretty amazing, did you all see part 2 is on the way? OOOOO YEAH! Id like to see the original versions.

Also The Haunted, with PA Smurls case. I have a friend that used to live in that same town. That haunting is still the talk of the town and they all say its true. Creepy..... She took pics of the actual house. thumbsup.gif

My stepdaughter loved Nightmare on Elm Street. We still love to watch the first one from time to time. Aint nothing better then the first Freddy movie. LOL.

When I was growing up, my dad was the King of B rated horror movies.. So lets not forget the old Evil Dead 1 & 2 and the Night of the Living Dead movies. Classics! Love the Evil Dead.

He also picked up some strange ones during that time. SlaghterHouse Rock (big, possessed rabid poodle at the end, I THINK thats the same movie) Trolls and Demons.. Ahh the movies my dad brought home from the vid store. Mom and I would cringe every time.. (The Prince of Darkness) and I did love The Night of the Comet. OK oldies but goodies at the time.

thirteen ghosts

ghost ship

the ring

and also that movie with micheal j fox

i think it was called frighteners

The Haunted is probably the best made for TV haunting movie. I'd def recomend if you can find it reading the book it was a very nasty real case worked on by the best investigators in the world.