Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Face of Jesus found on a hospital paper towel

Still Waters

It must have been holy water that made the face of Jesus appear miraculously on a paper towel.

Martin Cotterill, 46, was stunned to see an image of the Messiah emerge before his eyes during a visit to a health clinic.

He had just undergone treatment at Longford Health Centre, Coventry, and the blue paper towel had been put over his foot to dry it.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OverSword

• _Only

• lalalalana

• RedSquirrel

Oh, gimme a break.

Now even this is stretching it. I mean come on. An image of a male with a beard and long hair that appears where it doesn't belong is automatically Jesus?? We don't even know if that's what he truly looked like. But this looks more like the face of a robot than a man of any kind.

It looks like The Simpson's version of Jesus... Maybe. Still, why does every 'image' of a man HAVE to be Jesus?

I find it right funny that a Jew from that time would not look anything like a caucasian. It seems whenever Jesus likes to make a guest appearance, he looks downright like a white-boy. Funnily, the hairstyles (if I recall correctly) of that time for the Hebrews (unless under a Nazarene vow, which also forbade wine and touching dead bodies) would have been much shorter than the long haired be-goatee'd individual.

Also, Paul would have had some issues with Jesus' hippy hair... "Does not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame to him?" (1Co 11:14).

Though the beard was likely.

Basically, it isn't Jesus appearing, it is our minds filling in a cultural representation. Once again, pareidolia to the religious extreme.

EDIT: "Out" is not "our". I have no excuse.

Edited by RedSquirrel

Basically, it isn't Jesus appearing, it is out minds filling in a cultural representation. Once again, pareidolia to the religious extreme.

Could not agree more :)

I once found Sky Daddy, Sky Buddy and Sky Spook (yes, the Sky Trio), each on separate pieces of butt wipe after a particularly greasy meal of tacos and tamales purchased on the street in Mexico City.

And I find The Flying Spaghetti Monster often at Italian restaurants.

Really!

I must have some special favour with them.

It only a matter of perspective. People see Jesus, in toast, Mountains, Wal-mart receipts <--- that was a funny one. Its like when people read the bible, they see and interpret it they was they want to....and see what they want to see. Indeed it is rather silly, but then again we all believed in some fat dood that brought us presents every year right?

Jesus is just Santa for adults :P Just sayin.

Another face of Jesus story? Please stop. This one looks like a chipanzee for crying out loud! :angry:

I was thinking the same thing! Reminded me of Caesar from the new Rise of the Planet of the Apes movie.

I notice he is in a wheelchair and they had been using the papertowel to dry his foot, can he walk now?

People are wrong about why stories like this are so over represented. It is to mock Christianity, not to encourage it. Stories like these are meant to give the impression that all believers in Christ are naive fools, and look, it works, all the anti-religious fools believe the religious fools are fools! :w00t:

I notice he is in a wheelchair and they had been using the papertowel to dry his foot, can he walk now?

People are wrong about why stories like this are so over represented. It is to mock Christianity, not to encourage it. Stories like these are meant to give the impression that all believers in Christ are naive fools, and look, it works, all the anti-religious fools believe the religious fools are fools! :w00t:

They are naive fools to believe in someone who never existed and then run around with a little imagination and see his image everywhere they look. You can see an image of anything in just about anything else, funny thing is, the only time we hear about it in the news is if it's Jesus or Satan (another figure that doesn't exist - well only in Organized Crime - I mean Religion).

Edited by Swadwa

You can see an image of anything in just about anything else, funny thing is, the only time we hear about it in the news is if it's Jesus

That's because it's part of an agenda to make all Christians look like idiots. I once found a piece of chewed gum that looked all the world like a statue of the virgin Mary. I took some pictures of it but never posted them on the internet because the headline's associated with it would eventually paint me as someone who thought God was trying to communicate with me via chewed up gum (and who's to say he wasnt?) Wish I still had those pictures.

oh my gawd stop this ridiculous nonsense already!

that is definitely cornelius from planet of the apes.

planetoftheapesweird-282a4c49fbeb843ea893d6f460da8a32_m.jpg

people will do good to stop following false religion im sorry to say but we are just animals

If we are just animals then why is it the other animals don't have religion?

If we are just animals then why is it the other animals don't have religion?

That we know of. I am pretty sure that my lost since dead goldfish worshiped my ex. /tongueincheek

I'm just waiting for news headline that reads: Jesus Face Found in the Last Supper Painting.... There are way too many of these.