Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pyramids of China

christos krypto

The pyramids of China are approximately 100 ancient mounds, many of which were used for burial. Most of them are located within 100 kilometers of the city of Xi'an, on the Qin Chuan Plains in the Shaanxi Province, central China.

The existence of pyramids in China has come in two stages. Most early stories were focused on the existence of "Great White Pyramid." A photograph of this pyramid in the Qinling mountains was taken by Americans in 1945, but remained in military files for 45 years. US Air Force pilot James Gaussman is said to have seen a white jewel-topped pyramid during a flight between India and China during World War II, but there is scant evidence for a source on this story.

However, it is now believed that the Gaussman story was actually based on Colonel Maurice Sheahan, Far Eastern director of Trans World Airlines, who told an eyewitness account of his encounter with a pyramid in the March 28, 1947 edition of The New York Times. A photo of Sheahan's pyramid appeared in The New York Sunday News on March 30, 1947. It is this photograph that later became attributed to James Gaussman.

t is now known, thanks to efforts of Chris Maier, that the particular pyramid shown in the photo is the Maoling Mausoleum. This pyramid sits just outside of Xi'an. In 1994, German tour operator and author Hartwig Hausdorf was noted for photographing and studying several pyramids.

He drew attention to the structures' existence with his 1994 book Die Weisse Pyramide, the subject of an article in Nexus Magazine in 1995 by Philip Coppens, later translated into English under the revised title The Chinese Roswell (1998).

The pyramids of Xi'an can now be visited on trips from Xi'an and no longer are located in "forbidden zones". Several pyramids have small museums attached to them.

The Great White Pyramid itself (rather than the photograph), as described by Sheahan, remains unidentified.

Zhou dynasty tombs complex near Luoyang, Henan

Tomb of King Ling of Zhou

Tomb+of+King+Ling+of+Zhou.jpg

34.6250°N 112.3753°E

Tomb of Three Kings of Zhou

Tomb+of+Three+Kings+of+Zhou.jpg

34.6280°N 112.3829°E

• Like 1

Cool. These are built primarily of earth right?

It is interesting how the farmers go right up to the very base of the pyramids. Land must be really scare in that part of China.

Cool. These are built primarily of earth right?

It is interesting how the farmers go right up to the very base of the pyramids. Land must be really scare in that part of China.

Is 1,500,000,000 people there!

even the top of pyramids is with plants xD

The flora of China is very rich

chinesepyr2.jpg

chinesepyr3.jpg

Edited by christos krypto
  • Like 1

I adore Chinese culture and history. From Qin to Qing. Ofcourse above all dynasties most I love Han, Tang, Song and Ming.

I guess thats everyone favourite although big Chinese legends came from three knigdoms period.

Anyway on my computer I have some beautifull pictures of Chinese pyramids. Rightnow Im in pretty busy period but as soon I get to my home computer I will upload some pictures. Also when we speak about Chinese pyramids I think we can mention Korean Cambodian and Thailand pyramids since China and India have big influence on that part of world during history.

Tomb_of_the_General_1.jpg

The "Tomb of the General" in Ji'an, China, former capital of Goguryeo

Edited by the L
  • Like 1

I think the Chinese got inspired by what they saw in Egypt when they went there for trade.

I think the Chinese got inspired by what they saw in Egypt when they went there for trade.

Why you say that? I never heard that they traded (during Qin,Han and before). Or are you being cynical?

We waiting for the upload the L !

Because we never learn about the communication of these two cultures doesn't mean that never exist

some of the history we learn is pure lies!

Scientists says that the Yonaguni is a natural wonder :S

I say NOOOTT!

am i cynical? :P

Is 1,500,000,000 people there!

even the top of pyramids is with plants xD

The flora of China is very rich

chinesepyr2.jpg

chinesepyr3.jpg

LOL dude , those pyramids are being deliberately covered through planting of trees, to hide them, the chinese government wants to cover them all, and let no one research them, its a sign they want to cover up historical connections between a worldwide pyramid building advanced civilisation.

LOL dude , those pyramids are being deliberately covered through planting of trees, to hide them, the chinese government wants to cover them all, and let no one research them, its a sign they want to cover up historical connections between a worldwide pyramid building advanced civilisation.

Could it be that it is simply not right to desecrate a tomb. I know this came up at one time while discussing the first emperors tomb.

Could it be that it is simply not right to desecrate a tomb. I know this came up at one time while discussing the first emperors tomb.

NO NO NO NO, i can't believe you guys, this is a deliberate cover up, they planted trees on those pyramids to remove them from the records, the chinese government lets no one study them man.

its a blatant cover up.

those pyramids look identical to the ones in mexico

there are connections for sure

its incredibly important that these connections are made

PyramidOfTheMoonFromTheSouthWest.jpg

the chinese government has deliberately obscured history by covering up pyramids like this with trees and top soil

wake up dude

Yeah! They've even discovered trees and top-soil in South America too.

Never heard of trees and top soil in south america being used to obscure the existence of pyramids.

In china they cover their pyramids with top soil and plant new trees on them to cover them up, and make it appear as though they never existed.

They also close off access for people to fully research them.

China_Pyramid_White_001.png

They are new trees sucker.

NO NO NO NO, i can't believe you guys, this is a deliberate cover up, they planted trees on those pyramids to remove them from the records, the chinese government lets no one study them man.

its a blatant cover up.

those pyramids look identical to the ones in mexico

there are connections for sure

its incredibly important that these connections are made

PyramidOfTheMoonFromTheSouthWest.jpg

the chinese government has deliberately obscured history by covering up pyramids like this with trees and top soil

wake up dude

Why is it that NO is such a common response to those who do not wish to discuss reality. Look Lew I posited my response for discussion if you don't want to except any possible cultural reason for leaving the tombs alone that's fine... a huge cover-up is unlikely though. Again referring to the first

emperor which would be one of the most important tombs the Chinese are taking steps to investigate the tomb. No cover up. But they will not just dive into the tomb. Please so more research and discuss if your interested. This no response is crap. Explain your position or show us evidence to sway us. It is a discussion after all.

So Lrw what are your thoughts? And let us know why you would think it important to have a conspiracy. When it appears to simply be respect for their ancestors.

Never heard of trees and top soil in south america being used to obscure the existence of pyramids.

In china they cover their pyramids with top soil and plant new trees on them to cover them up, and make it appear as though they never existed.

They also close off access for people to fully research them.

China_Pyramid_White_001.png

They are new trees sucker.

Can I dig up your grandfathra grave... why because I'm curious as I notice grass growing on top if it... no you don't think its right? Blast you why are you covering his grave up and not letting me research properly.

So it's a cover up? What does the Chinese Government want to hide, red-headed Emperors?

Well if the acidity was right your not to far off lol

No cover up. .

So Lrw what are your thoughts? And let us know why you would think it important to have a conspiracy. When it appears to simply be respect for their ancestors.

But there has been a cover up, yet you keep denying it, the chinese government moved in large heaps of top soil and planted trees on top of them to obscure them, there is hundreds of those pyramids in china being covered up with trees.

why?

its simple, the existence of megalithic pyramid complexes throws off traditional chinese history, and forces people to accept that they got it wrong.

its no surprise why a communist government would want to cover up the history of china

heres the evidence

maoling.JPG

now whether you like it or not, these are freshly planted trees, that soon will obscure that pyramid, also the trees around the pyramid are like a forest undergrowth, that once fully grown will cover a great pyramid thus hiding it from investigation, they do not allow anyone near the pyramids for research anyway

deliberate purposeful cover up

the evidence there right in front of you

why can't you just accept the truth?

So it's a cover up? What does the Chinese Government want to hide, red-headed Emperors?

yes, tocharian red haired mummies and a megalithic worldwide pyramid civilisation

But there has been a cover up, yet you keep denying it, the chinese government moved in large heaps of top soil and planted trees on top of them to obscure them, there is hundreds of those pyramids in china being covered up with trees.

why?

its simple, the existence of megalithic pyramid complexes throws off traditional chinese history, and forces people to accept that they got it wrong.

its no surprise why a communist government would want to cover up the history of china

heres the evidence

maoling.JPG

now whether you like it or not, these are freshly planted trees, that soon will obscure that pyramid, also the trees around the pyramid are like a forest undergrowth, that once fully grown will cover a great pyramid thus hiding it from investigation, they do not allow anyone near the pyramids for research anyway

deliberate purposeful cover up

the evidence there right in front of you

why can't you just accept the truth?

Why? Why!? Because it's there ancestors and if you do not understand their culture or why they don't want their resting places desecrated then this conversation is a non starter.

Why do you disregard their culture? Why do you want to dishonor their ancestors?

They've been covered with topsoil for as long as they've been known. Wikipedia cites references going back to 1914. cite We know they've been covered at least since 1947, 2 years prior to the establishment of the current communist rule. Definitely since the 70's when the terracotta army was found. Speaking of which, I don't know where you're getting this idea they're being hidden. The mound tombs of china and their contents, especially that of Qin Shi Huang Ti, have been the subject of enormous publicity and ongoing excavations for decades, and continue to be.

I imagine they don't allow foreigners to investigate them for the same reason England doesn't allow any tom dick and harry with a mind to to ransack the tombs of their rulers as they will. In light of their more recent history, they might be permitted some reticence regarding the West.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_of_humiliation

The plantings as far as I can tell are an attempt to restore earlier ones removed over the centuries. You'd think if they were trying to conceal them they've have done a better job then to leave nice squared-off sides.

Edited by Oniomancer