Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Former sheriff of the year nabbed

questionmark

A former national sheriff of the year has been arrested in Colorado on suspicion of attempting to deal drugs in exchange for sex, KUSA TV reports.

Patrick Sullivan, 68, who was the National Sheriff's Association's "Sheriff of the Year" in 2001, was being held on $250,000 bail in the Arapahoe County jail that bears his name, the Patrick J. Sullivan Jr.Detention Facility. KUSA says he is being kept in a jail cell away from other inmates.

arrow3.gifRead more...

now, now, what is the world coming to?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paracelse

• Omnaka

• WoIverine

• Mr_Snstr

Top Posters In This Topic

now, now, what is the world coming to?

he should have to be in general population for his hipocritical misdeeds (If found Guilty) and punished ten times worse if convicted.

he should have to be in general population for his hipocritical misdeeds (If found Guilty) and punished ten times worse if convicted.

The Arapahoe County jail is known to have a very mean population (for a county jail that is). And judges are mean too..

He should be let go. As well as all other drug offenders, prostitutes, and their Johns. This is why regulating human behavior and codifying it into law is silly. The ones charged with enforcing it are not above human nature, and are often at greatest risk of becoming the worst offenders. Drug use, and prostitution are victimless crimes in of themselves, and therefore not crimes. Laws dealing with them attempt to regulate human nature by defining parts of it as crimes.

"This shows that no one is above the law, particularly a current or a former peace officer."

No one is above these laws because these laws criminalize human nature.

Yay Colorado...again. :rolleyes:

Another article with some additional information.

CBS4 has also learned that in the last several years Sullivan posted bond numerous times for suspects in drug cases who were being held at various jail facilities. According to public records, in 2007 and 2008 Sullivan was an active participant in state and local methamphetamine task forces, helping craft a state plan to deal with the scourge of methamphetamine.

Sullivan was a revered figure in law enforcement. When he retired the Rocky Mountain News called him “Dedicated. Loyal. Available. Protector. High Achiever. Medal of Valor Winner. Hero.”

The National Association of School Resource Officers gave Sullivan a Lifetime Achievement Award in 2002. At the time the executive director of NASRO, Curtis Lavarello, said of Sullivan, “You are not only committed to the SRO concept, but have truly spent your entire career making every effort to keep children safe.”

Sullivan served in law enforcement for 40 years, beginning in 1962 as a Littleton police officer and dispatcher. He joined the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office in 1979 as a captain and patrol division commander. He was named undersheriff in 1983 and appointed to the top job 6 months later.

Hypocrite.

Nibs

He should be let go. As well as all other drug offenders, prostitutes, and their Johns. This is why regulating human behavior and codifying it into law is silly. The ones charged with enforcing it are not above human nature, and are often at greatest risk of becoming the worst offenders. Drug use, and prostitution are victimless crimes in of themselves, and therefore not crimes. Laws dealing with them attempt to regulate human nature by defining parts of it as crimes.

"This shows that no one is above the law, particularly a current or a former peace officer."

No one is above these laws because these laws criminalize human nature.

People who deal drugs to children, makes a victem if the child gets addicted, exploiting women who are adicted for sex is also not a victemless crime, and because he has a badge he should be prosecuted just like anyone else. in the same way big banks should fail like small homeowners who get forclosed on I can see it now "Sherrif too big to fail" so we let him go, along with anyone who makes over 20000.00 a year. untill all are pardoned by the unjust drug laws, he should be held accountable, especially Knowing the laws he enforced on others.

Love omnaka

People who deal drugs to children, makes a victem if the child gets addicted,

Yes that is an example where distribution needs to be restricted/regulated. But taken a step further, the person who has then acquired said "drugs", and uses them on themself, has not commited a crime against themself. That is the part that is victimless.

In your example, under our current laws, the child who is made into a(n) addict/victim is punishable by law for the use/possesion of prohibited/controlled substances. See my point?

I didn't, and don't advocate total and open distribution, btw. But use/possesion certainly needs to be decriminalized; and distribution eased upon so that it doesn't go totally underground.

exploiting women who are adicted for sex is also not a victemless crime,

We don't know if a woman who consented to having sex for drugs wouldn't have consented to sex regardless. AND if use and was decriminalized, and distribution eased up on, she could just go out and buy her own.

and because he has a badge he should be prosecuted just like anyone else. in the same way big banks should fail like small homeowners who get forclosed on I can see it now "Sherrif too big to fail" so we let him go, along with anyone who makes over 20000.00 a year. untill all are pardoned by the unjust drug laws, he should be held accountable, especially Knowing the laws he enforced on others.

Love omnaka

You kind of went on a tangent on this part. I agree with everything you said here and in my post stated mostly the same thing. I stated in mine he be let go as well as all other drug offenders. I meant it as conditional, though I guess it didn't come off that way.

Edited by Mr_Snstr

Well, his life, and legacy are toast now. Wonder if he thinks it was worth it? To die an exile, awful way to go out.

Colorado State pen isn't that far from Arapahoe county, about 150 miles, I wouldn't call that an exile :P

Colorado State pen isn't that far from Arapahoe county, about 150 miles, I wouldn't call that an exile :P

Yeah, for some reason, I pictured an old guy sitting in a recliner watching tv, and angry at the world lol. Yeesh...reminds me of my dad lol.

Yeah, for some reason, I pictured an old guy sitting in a recliner watching tv, and angry at the world lol. Yeesh...reminds me of my dad lol.

I don't think Colorado provides recliners and private tvs there: card00554_fr.jpg

card00230_fr.jpg

Edited by Paracelse

I don't think Colorado provides recliners and private tvs there: card00554_fr.jpg

card00230_fr.jpg

Was thinking more along the lines of when he gets out. Well, if he get's out. Para, toddy again today man? :o

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

Kinda makes me wonder how many laws he broke while wearing a uniform?

Love Omnaka

Was thinking more along the lines of when he gets out. Well, if he get's out. Para, toddy again today man? :o

Not today... can't do a habit of things... habits is for old people :P