Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Omnaka

Finally, a Judge Stands up to Wall Street

32 posts in this topic

Omnaka

I think these jerks should have their licences taken away and be held accountable for raqueteering and thrown in jail. Thats what would happen to me if I tried this ponzi scheme. I guess by the lack of responses, this is not very interesting, or important to anyone. O well. :unsure:

Love Omnaka

It gets worse. Over the last decade, Citi has repeatedly been caught committing a variety of offenses, and time after time the bank has been dragged into court and slapped with injunctions demanding that they refrain from ever engaging the same practices ever again. Over and over again, they’ve completely blown off the injunctions, with no consequences from the state – which does nothing except issue new (soon-to-be-ignored-again) injunctions.

In this current case, this particular unit at Citi had already been slapped with two different SEC cease-and-desist orders barring it from violating certain securities laws. Here’s a summary from Bloomberg:

The commission already had two cease-and-desist orders in place against the same Citigroup unit, barring future violations of the same section of the securities laws that the company now stands accused of breaking again. One of those orders came in a 2005 settlement, the other in a 2006 case. The SEC’s complaint last month didn’t mention either order, as if the entire agency suffered from amnesia.

The SEC’s latest allegations also could have triggered a violation of a court injunction that Citigroup agreed to in 2003, as part of a $400 million settlement over allegedly fraudulent analyst-research reports. Injunctions are more serious than SEC orders, because violations can lead to contempt-of-court charges.

But the SEC avoided the issue of the 2003

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/taibblog/finally-a-judge-stands-up-to-wall-street-20111110#ixzz1fKliGYa9

Mr_Snstr

I think these jerks should have their licences taken away and be held accountable for raqueteering and thrown in jail. Thats what would happen to me if I tried this ponzi scheme. I guess by the lack of responses, this is not very interesting, or important to anyone. O well. :unsure:

Love Omnaka

Answer to bolded part:

I skimmed over the link earlier; by the way it looked I thought it was malicious and I was on my work computer. "...0#ixzz1dKVvWRkj"; it's not though. Thank you for posting it, please keep it up. :tu:

Nice to see someone getting notoriety for standing up to corruption. Maybe it'll start a trend; and hopefully won't get him "disappeared". Or hopefully he isn't on the payroll of some of them paid to take down their competition; or just playing into the current political air; or doing it to try to overshadow past transgressions. Perhaps I'm too cynical.

I think the bottom line here is that until people as a whole stop paying into these to try to make a quick buck for doing nothing; there will always be someone ready to take advantage or exploit.

Also the bottom line, we need to start paying attention to people doing the right thing. The media follows the money, make it profitable for them to expose corruption, and reward good deeds. There's a saying that goes something like "you vote with your wallet...".

Edited by Mr_Snstr

Omnaka

Answer to bolded part:

I skimmed over the link earlier; by the way it looked I thought it was malicious and I was on my work computer. "...0#ixzz1dKVvWRkj"; it's not though. Thank you for posting it, please keep it up. :tu:

Nice to see someone getting notoriety for standing up to corruption. Maybe it'll start a trend; and hopefully won't get him "disappeared". Or hopefully he isn't on the payroll of some of them paid to take down their competition; or just playing into the current political air; or doing it to try to overshadow past transgressions. Perhaps I'm too cynical.

I think the bottom line here is that until people as a whole stop paying into these to try to make a quick buck for doing nothing; there will always be someone ready to take advantage or exploit.

Also the bottom line, we need to start paying attention to people doing the right thing. The media follows the money, make it profitable for them to expose corruption, and reward good deeds. There's a saying that goes something like "you vote with your wallet...".

I do vote with my wallet, unfortunatly I also pay taxes which are used to bail out these typs of corporations so they can continue shady imoral trading and ponzi schemes. I see why the people are just sitting in the park, what else can be done? The courts can't or wont seem to do anything about the corruption. a slap on the wrist is what an injunction ammounts to. when they bet against their own Company and run it in to the ground after getting 0% intrest loans from the fed, then give themselves million dollar bonusses for doing it, I just get madder than mad

No, I don't think you are too cynical at all.You have a good idea about following the money, The fed is making up air money, it's hard to follow, especially because the fed is not acountable to anyone. Thanks for posting MR Snstr

Love Omnaka

Mr_Snstr

I do vote with my wallet, unfortunatly I also pay taxes which are used to bail out these typs of corporations so they can continue shady imoral trading and ponzi schemes. I see why the people are just sitting in the park, what else can be done? The courts can't or wont seem to do anything about the corruption. a slap on the wrist is what an injunction ammounts to. when they bet against their own Company and run it in to the ground after getting 0% intrest loans from the fed, then give themselves million dollar bonusses for doing it, I just get madder than mad

No, I don't think you are too cynical at all.You have a good idea about following the money, The fed is making up air money, it's hard to follow, especially because the fed is not acountable to anyone. Thanks for posting MR Snstr

Love Omnaka

That is why I think- and this is where there are a million responses saying why it can't be so, but "I wish" - there should not be, and never should have been permanent compulsory income tax. "You vote with your wallet" is not a new or radical saying or thought. With tax the way it is we are literally stripped of our vote. This is why some people can just run amok, they don't need us, our approval, consent, or our votes; they have our money. Nothing can be done about it if enough people just stop.

Then we can negotiate and say "look, we like the roads and infrastructure, we'll start paying again for that. We like most of the police, we'll start paying for some of that, but some of them have got to go. We're cutting back the military budget to what's needed for defense. Most of these regulatory agencies (DEA, FDA, USDA, etc) have got to go, we'll find a better less corrupt way to regulate things. This whole fed-interest-rates-money-from-thin-air business has really got to go. All this other crap has got to go as well and half of you are laid off, and you're 'friends' aren't welcome here anymore. Be thankful it's just that; in another time and place you may have gotten shot for what you were doing."

Edited by Mr_Snstr

Omnaka

That is why I think- and this is where there are a million responses saying why it can't be so, but "I wish" - there should not be, and never been permanent compulsory income tax. "You vote with your wallet" is not a new or radical saying or thought. With tax the way it is we are literally stripped of our vote. Nothing can be done about it if enough people just stop.

Then we can negotiate and say "look, we like the roads and infrastructure, we'll start paying again for that. We like most of the police, we'll start paying for some of that, but some of them have got to go. We're cutting back the military budget to what's needed for defense. All this other crap has got to go and half of you are laid off, and you're 'friends' aren't welcome here anymore; and be thankful it's just that, in another time and place you may have gotten shot for what you did."

I think "Enough people" would have to be about half the population. anything less, they would just build more jails. and the fed could just print more invisable money to staff them, and double the taxes on those left on the outside, till theres no one left but the big banks and corporations, then they can eat eachother. Maybe I'm the one who is too cynical, and maybe I have too much time to think about it, I'm laid up for a bit after paying $3000.00 for a 45 minuit Hernia operation They would not do it unless I paid all up front, cause I cant afford insurance. Health care, thats another thread *Takes 2 more Percosetts*

Love Omnaka

Mr_Snstr

I think "Enough people" would have to be about half the population. anything less, they would just build more jails. and the fed could just print more invisable money to staff them, and double the taxes on those left on the outside, till theres no one left but the big banks and corporations, then they can eat eachother. Maybe I'm the one who is too cynical, and maybe I have too much time to think about it, I'm laid up for a bit after paying $3000.00 for a 45 minuit Hernia operation They would not do it unless I paid all up front, cause I cant afford insurance. Health care, thats another thread *Takes 2 more Percosetts*

Love Omnaka

Dang, sorry to hear about your troubles.

I wouldn't say half. The percent I bet would be allot smaller than you and I think. I would say a quarter, maybe even a fifth in order to have a huge impact akin to what I'm envisioning. You can't jail a quarter of the population. Even if you did accomplish to do that the whole system would completely collapse under it's own weight. There aren't even enough enforcement agents visit or track down a quarter of the population.

With that many people, you'd also have a cascade effect, everyone would stop. If not simply on the basis of "if they're not doing it and getting away, why should I have to." or "Well I'm not paying anymore, there's no more room in jail for me anyway, and they're still too busy with the first 25%. That and now they're trying to raise my taxes to build jails for the people who stopped, and they haven't even caught a fraction of them.".

Much of our systems are way more fragile than we like to think they are.

What if 25% of your coworkers didn't show up one day? I know at my place of work it'd be a catastrophe, mayhem, we would literally be deadlocked. Screwed even, we may be able to hire some more people; but we may not be able to recover and tank. If we did recover it would be a major hit for us. Would probably have more than the 25% of people who just stopped no longer working there. Lay offs from the loss of business; as well as people who will just up and quit from the stress of being that short staffed.

Now I'm not advocating we get enough people and do it. Not that I think 1/5 or 1/4 of the population would actually get behind that plan anyway. Nor would I want it, I'm not that radical; also it would probably just result in anarchy and total collapse if anything. It's better to fix what you have than throw it out and try to make one just like it when it was new.

But if you push people enough, into a corner, then rub it in their faces that they can't do anything about it; bad things happen.

Edited by Mr_Snstr

The Silver Thong

Love Omnaka

The way the west works as far as putting teething rings in everyones mouth to shut them up fails, nothing will happen. Look at black friday in the US and it`s disgusting to see how easy an already mentaly challangde voting population works. The system can not be fixed till it fails and those guilty are hung. Mainly your politicians and private company ceo<s that control them.

I see banks being bombed, corprate headquarters being bombed, government buildings being bombed and even after all that nothing will change except a bunch of innocoent people dieing because they work there. You want change you have to cut the head of the snake not the tail to do anything. Nothing will change until that is done, we will still live in this delusional world of baby toys and the prommise of a new toy tomorrow.

Western governments don`t think that they can be over ridden like they are in other contries they dictate to but they can and they will suffer. It may not be today or tomorrow but blood will spill and it will be because the goverments of a so called free lamd forced the hands of the people. Why do people think that they have gates and private securityé tax payers money protecting them. The people are about ready to kill them, simple as that.

Make a society poor for the few that benifit and rebelion is a certanty.

Omnaka

The way the west works as far as putting teething rings in everyones mouth to shut them up fails, nothing will happen. Look at black friday in the US and it`s disgusting to see how easy an already mentaly challangde voting population works. The system can not be fixed till it fails and those guilty are hung. Mainly your politicians and private company ceo<s that control them.

I see banks being bombed, corprate headquarters being bombed, government buildings being bombed and even after all that nothing will change except a bunch of innocoent people dieing because they work there. You want change you have to cut the head of the snake not the tail to do anything. Nothing will change until that is done, we will still live in this delusional world of baby toys and the prommise of a new toy tomorrow.

Western governments don`t think that they can be over ridden like they are in other contries they dictate to but they can and they will suffer. It may not be today or tomorrow but blood will spill and it will be because the goverments of a so called free lamd forced the hands of the people. Why do people think that they have gates and private securityé tax payers money protecting them. The people are about ready to kill them, simple as that.

Make a society poor for the few that benifit and rebelion is a certanty.

I agree w/ You, cut off the head of the snake, which is the fedral reserve (Cartell) which is an unfounded monopoly over money, prosecute those involved and maybe things will start to get better,

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8484911570371055528#

Love Omnaka

Edited by Omnaka

Omnaka

oops double post

Edited by Omnaka

Rafterman

Right, because no one in the financial world has ever been held accountable for their actions at any point in US history. :rolleyes:

The Silver Thong

Right, because no one in the financial world has ever been held accountable for their actions at any point in US history. :rolleyes:

Most people that have this kind of power don`t care about accountability now do they. You want to deffend people that don`t care. OK so be it. No accountability :rolleyes: Look up white collar crime vs blue collar crime and who is in jail. I steal 10 bucks I go to jails vs I steal 50 million what happens. It`s well known that the wealthy get a get out of jail free card. Plus private funded prisons paid for by the goverment get paid more for more inmates.

Can you tell me of a very high profile aka money person that spent time in general population with out tax payers paying for there protection.

Rafterman

Most people that have this kind of power don`t care about accountability now do they. You want to deffend people that don`t care. OK so be it. No accountability :rolleyes: Look up white collar crime vs blue collar crime and who is in jail. I steal 10 bucks I go to jails vs I steal 50 million what happens. It`s well known that the wealthy get a get out of jail free card. Plus private funded prisons paid for by the goverment get paid more for more inmates.

Can you tell me of a very high profile aka money person that spent time in general population with out tax payers paying for there protection.

Glad to see the "Club Fed" myth is still around. Prison is prison - nobody is playing tennis.

The type of prison on is sentenced to has nothing to do with wealth, it has everything to do with the type of crime and how dangerous the inmate is.

If Mr. Big Bucks Wall Street murders a half dozen people and rapes their children, he's not going to a minimum security federal prison.

But that's not really the issue in question - the issue is this notion that high level financial types aren't being held accountible for crimes and misdeeds - they absolutely are. Just take a look at the investigations that are ongoing all of the time, the fines that are paid, the charges filed, court cases, etc.

Omnaka

Glad to see the "Club Fed" myth is still around. Prison is prison - nobody is playing tennis.

The type of prison on is sentenced to has nothing to do with wealth, it has everything to do with the type of crime and how dangerous the inmate is.

If Mr. Big Bucks Wall Street murders a half dozen people and rapes their children, he's not going to a minimum security federal prison.

But that's not really the issue in question - the issue is this notion that high level financial types aren't being held accountible for crimes and misdeeds - they absolutely are. Just take a look at the investigations that are ongoing all of the time, the fines that are paid, the charges filed, court cases, etc.

Yeah, investigations charges, but very rarely a conviction. Did you read the Op link? The fines are not Paid, and injunctions ignored. for you and me that would be calledContempt of court and Jail would follow. unless Er, You are a ceo?

Silver Thong is right, no one who has been at the heart of the financial melt down has been held acountable. instead they have been given non existant tax dollars from the fed, so they could give themselves Bonuses raises and Golden parachutes, ruining the regolar Joes wage and Job, taking his home, and getting a new sports car to boot as they run their corporations in to the ground. What is going on is illegal, immoral and dishonest. its raketeering on a grand scale, it's as if, the grander the scale the less penalty. kinda like the taxes Corporations pay compaired to the home owner. it's disgusting! :angry:

Love Omnaka

Edited by Omnaka

George Ford

Thing is though, everyone can be bought. I hope he has lived a good and honest life cos they will dig up anything they can on him and if not, there is always someone else who will take money to ensure the poor man has an accident.

Some of the protesters against wall street should offer to become his body guards!

Omnaka

Thing is though, everyone can be bought. I hope he has lived a good and honest life cos they will dig up anything they can on him and if not, there is always someone else who will take money to ensure the poor man has an accident.

Some of the protesters against wall street should offer to become his body guards!

Who, The Judge?

Love Omnaka

The Silver Thong

When a fedral prison is a privatly run business for profit what do we see. The more prisoners the more profit so big business get`s in the governments face and make simple possesion of weed a five year sentence. There are people in prison that should not be. Why are they there, because our taxs pay a corrupt system to put people in prison for profit.

How about when a President and vise president declear war so there private intests and personal bank accounts skyrocket. Haliburtin did rape and kill, blackwater did the same. Who is in jail. Private interst and government policies need to change.

Omnaka

When a fedral prison is a privatly run business for profit what do we see. The more prisoners the more profit so big business get`s in the governments face and make simple possesion of weed a five year sentence. There are people in prison that should not be. Why are they there, because our taxs pay a corrupt system to put people in prison for profit.

How about when a President and vise president declear war so there private intests and personal bank accounts skyrocket. Haliburtin did rape and kill, blackwater did the same. Who is in jail. Private interst and government policies need to change.

Well said Bro :tu:

Love Omnaka

The Silver Thong

Well said Bro :tu:

Love Omnaka

Funny that there was no response ;)

Omnaka

I responded.

Love Omnaka

Mr_Snstr

:tu:

Law enforcement or imprisonment should not be a for-profit industry, but a total-loss industry. This is what keeps overreaching laws at bay.

keithisco

...talking of which, what has happened to the Moron Bush amd Chaney?? You never hear anything over here about them :mellow:

Perhaps Bush-Baby is try to finish that Billy Goat Gruff book...:w00t:

Edited by keithisco

conspiracybeliever

...talking of which, what has happened to the Moron Bush amd Chaney?? You never hear anything over here about them :mellow:

Perhaps Bush-Baby is try to finish that Billy Goat Gruff book...:w00t:

Great post!!! :tu:

Omnaka
Mrsnstr - Dang, sorry to hear about your troubles.

I wouldn't say half. The percent I bet would be allot smaller than you and I think. I would say a quarter, maybe even a fifth in order to have a huge impact akin to what I'm envisioning. You can't jail a quarter of the population. Even if you did accomplish to do that the whole system would completely collapse under it's own weight. There aren't even enough enforcement agents visit or track down a quarter of the population.

Have you heard about the FEMA Internment Camps, OK Thats for the conspiracy thread, Sorry.

I have a feeling the bubble is about to burst.

Love Omnaka

Ps- I guess I was not that out there on the fema camps. The thread is right below this one. They will make room, probably make the other half, which paid taxes Guard the half which had to be locked up because they could not pay.-O.

Edited by Omnaka

Omnaka

:tu:

Law enforcement or imprisonment should not be a for-profit industry, but a total-loss industry. This is what keeps overreaching laws at bay.

That would be nice, unfortunatly Jails are a money proffit making scheme, which also controles votes by minorities, or those unfortunate enough to get caught in the money for freedom scam.

I'm thinking as new age as it sounds, there is gonna be a big shift in how things operate W/ govmt and Economy truths will be told which will shake the foundations of the Earth, and people will wise up. a slow death is so undignafied, I like your idea of Half not paying. Something has to give. Just my personal opinion.

The over reaching Laws , have run amuck, I have faith that out of Chaos will come order.

Love Omnaka

Edited by Omnaka