Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Church ban on mixed-race couples may end

questionmark

PIKEVILLE, Ky., December 2 (UPI) -- A Kentucky pastor says he expects a vote by his congregation to ban the membership of interracial couples to be overturned by the denomination.

The Gulnare Free Will Baptist Church in Pike County voted 9-6 last week to institute the ban after the white daughter of a longtime member showed up this summer with her fiance, a black man from Zimbabwe.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Now wait, how do these jokers get away with as much as the attempt to pull this off in 2011? After all we boycotted South Africa over this!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Omnaka

• Gothraidh

• questionmark

• Artaxerxes

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They should lift it because its wrong to dictate to someone who they can see romantically.  Well unless you are cheating then that's a  different story.<br>

The main point is it's completely unbiblical and goes against what Jesus was trying to accomplish. Those people missed the whole point of the New Testament. In John 17 Jesus prayed that his followers be one as He was one with God. "I in you and you in Me." It's a direct parallel to what many near death experiencers come back and say they felt while on the other side - an overwhelming feeling of oneness and connectedness. Jesus says "there is neither Jew nor Greek, male nor female" which is again an another allusion to the "oneness" of Heaven.

Everyone is the same in heaven. The parable about the vineyard owner that pays all his workers the same regardless of what time they went to work in the vineyard. In this story the Vineyard owner is God. The story about the Samaritan woman is story about Jesus reaching out to a woman whom the Jews hated. In fact the Samaritans were a half-breed people. They were the people left behind in the Babylonian diaspora and they inter-bred with the local people and were only half Jews. Jesus reaching out to the Samaritan woman is a lesson to his followers that they are to let go of their predjudices. The same is true of his eating with tax collectors and prostitutes. Everyone is equal in the Kingdom of Heaven, and the kingdom of heaven on Earth is the Church.

Jesus whole purpose of his ministry was that his followers would be able to experience the oneness and connectedness that he experience while in Heaven. The church is supposed to be the "Kingdom of God" on Earth. The church is supposed to be a respite from the world, a little bit of heaven on Earth.

The Gulnare Free Will Baptist Church ?

Maybe they should take a long hard look at the name of their church! :yes:

Now wait, how do these jokers get away with as much as the attempt to pull this off in 2011? After all we boycotted South Africa over this!

Sounds like it may be illegal, if they are tax exempt from the Government, and equal rights is a fedral thing. I could be wrong. Hang on, I gotta ask the rev, Al Sharpton, be right back. ;)

Love Omnaka

They should lift it because its wrong to dictate to someone who they can see romantically.  Well unless you are cheating then that's a  different story.<br>

They're not dictating who they can romantically see. They are dictating whether or not they are allowed in their religious group after making their choice on who they romantically see.

Not saying that what the church is doing is anything resembling right or that the church isn't attempting to move human rights back 60 years, I just like to pick things apart.

I wish my hometown was known for something cool for a change :(

What is cool about this?

Or, is this your Hometown?

Sorry, I see you live in Pike county.

Love Omnaka

Edited by Omnaka

Yeah I live a dozen miles or so from this church.

Well, You live there, Thats Cool. :yes:

Love Omnaka

I kid you not it wasn't that long ago I openly said to a friend, "Pike is really starting to move up in the world and we're losing that old Hillbilly view that we're all racist moonshine swilling failures." Right..

I kid you not it wasn't that long ago I openly said to a friend, "Pike is really starting to move up in the world and we're losing that old Hillbilly view that we're all racist moonshine swilling failures." Right..

My Mom is from Louisville.

Love Omnaka

Why would you loose it if your co-citizens are doing their best to keep us believing that?