Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
The Silver Thong

Obama has failed the US

109 posts in this topic

sam12six

i find all this slightly worrying, to be honest with you; I'd have thought that the days of people falling in love with politicians or would-be politicians would be long past. But now along comes someone who claims to be "not like other Politicians", and people seem to be all over him. Weren't people saying exactly the same thing about Mr. Barack O?

HE isn't calling himself different as a stump slogan, he's proven to be different in every speech, debate, and vote he's participated in.

He's a Politician, and he's a Politician who wants, not only Power, but the most powerful job in the world. This, surely, ought to mean that he ought to be regarded with as smuch suspicion as any other.

He's a politician if you define that as someone involved in politics. Compared to the vast majority of other politicians, he's a completely different species:

While the overwhelming majority of those in politics are lawyers, Paul is a doctor (and not a PHD in Japanese manga - an actual doctor)

When there's a controversial vote, the tactic commonly used by many politicians is to abstain from voting because they know their base wouldn't stand for them voting 'yes' for the thing, but they're too much politician to vote 'no'. Ron Paul's nickname is "Doctor No". He doesn't hesitate to take a stance that opposes the majority of congress, then vote that way (like with the war resolution to attack Iraq).

One of the things that made me fall in love with him (as you put it) was an interview. I don't remember what it was from, but he said something along the lines of, "Well, nobody wants a candidate to say he'll be a weak president, but one of the first things I'd do is countermand the executive orders enacted by George Bush that give sweeping and unconstitutional powers to the president." - a presidential candidate saying something like that on the record is as rare as someone asking their boss to lower their salary because they don't think they're worth what they're paid.

As far as suspicion goes, Paul is the ONLY candidate I'd be suspicious of. That's because, in my mind, the fact that the rest would throw the American people under a bus to protect the corporations that own them is a foregone conclusion, no suspicion required.

DieChecker

Obama is like a used car salesman who will point you to the worst clunker on the lot, but make you think it's the American dream to drive one, or that it used be owned by Teddy Roosevelt.

Five minutes after your drive it off the lot, you say "what was I thinking?" but by then the election is over.

HA HA Good one.

Many are dissatisfied with Obama after 3 years, but I think it would take a lot less time for people to loose that Luster of Hope and Change, if Ron Paul gets elected.

I still think he would do a better job then Obama has however.

cerberusxp

Another 4 yrs of Obama or what. Ron Paul is the only republican canidate that I see as worthy of the title. As you say he has been a politician for some time and yet seems to be the least influienced by out side forces. He Truly understands the constitution and wants it to be put into practise instead of just a foot note mentioned by other canidates that have probably never even read it. Dr Paul is by far the least corrupt person for the job. America`s last chance to get a fairly honest man in office.

Paul AKA in D.C. as Dr No for voting no on all legislation that usurps Liberties and freedoms and is detrimental to our economy. What more do you wnat from a true and real representative? You really can't ask for more than that.

docyabut2

Obama has failed simplely he`s a do nothing president. Ron Paul, seens to be another one of those that would`nt do nothing to protect us from our enemeies, just supports our rights.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

All though its seems Obama is still leading to win.however when it comes down to a real debate with Obama, I think Gingrich could win out, he is pretty smart. I don`t like Romey, to flip and flop, Perry`s to goofy, Ron Paul is to way out there:)

The poll – or actually three separate polls taken in the swing states of Pennsylvania, Ohio and Florida –shows Gingrich has a good chance of beating President Obama.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/can-gingrich-beat-obama/2011/12/08/id/420395

Edited by docyabut2

Corp

For the third time that has been asked a link please. Oh and can I ask just out of curiosity who you might back.

Third time? Think I missed a few. Anyway here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Ron_Paul#Foreign_policy

As for who I'd support I'm not sure. Need to see who the Republicans put up before I make a final call (one day the Yanks will have elections 24/7 :P ), though none of the "front runners" really impress me. Heard some ok stuff about Huntsman but haven't cared enough to look that closely. Personally I don't think Obama has done that horriblily and might be worth another shot if he'd stop trying to make everyone happy and take the gloves off.

DieChecker

The poll – or actually three separate polls taken in the swing states of Pennsylvania, Ohio and Florida –shows Gingrich has a good chance of beating President Obama.

What I've heard from "political experts" is that if the economy continues to sputter, Obama looses. If the economy picks up, Obama wins. People simply vote according to their economic pain. At least the Swing Vote does. If the economy is good, the incumbent wins, and looses if the economy is bad.

Thus, I've predicting a Republican win next year. I don't see the economy turning around within a year. Many say another Recession is coming on.

Gingrich seems like as good a contender as any. He's conservative enough for conservatives, yet has shown moderate leanings here and there, such as his support/commercial for the Green Economy (That some conservatives blast him for doing). He can get those Swing Votes that Perry, Cain or Paul aren't going to get. Romney would get those votes too, but probably would get less of the Conservative Vote behind him, then Newt can.

DieChecker

Personally I don't think Obama has done that horriblily and might be worth another shot if he'd stop trying to make everyone happy and take the gloves off.

I think he could have done a lot better. I'd respect him more also if he had stuck to his Campaign Promises and carried through with Hope and Change. I don't agree with what he wanted to do, but I would have respected him actually making it happen. As it was year 1 was blah. He let the Congress dither about healthcare until the US Voters got angry about it. Year two he did better, but still he could not pull his act together much. He has moved toward the center continually since 2008, and if he gets another 4 years we might see him looking like a left leaning Republican.

I'm also glad he got over going on TV and commenting on every celebrity activity, high profile court case, international event, and football game that came along. He was on TV like every day during his first year.

Corp

It's kind of funny (not ha ha though) that Obama had a majority but couldn't seem to do anything.

The Silver Thong

Third time? Think I missed a few. Anyway here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Ron_Paul#Foreign_policy

As for who I'd support I'm not sure. Need to see who the Republicans put up before I make a final call (one day the Yanks will have elections 24/7 :P ), though none of the "front runners" really impress me. Heard some ok stuff about Huntsman but haven't cared enough to look that closely. Personally I don't think Obama has done that horriblily and might be worth another shot if he'd stop trying to make everyone happy and take the gloves off.

This from your post stating RP wants to issolate the us from the world is nothing close to stating he want`s to do what you say.

Foreign policy

Paul's views are generally attributed to those of non-interventionism, which is the belief that the United States should avoid entangling alliances with other nations, but still retain diplomacy, and avoid all wars not related to direct territorial self-defense.[citation needed] Paul is quoted as stating "America [should] not interfere militarily, financially, or covertly in the internal affairs of other nations", while advocating "open trade, travel, communication, and diplomacy with other nations".[6] Ronald Reagan spoke in support of Paul's foreign policy views, stating "Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country."[7] Daniel Ellsberg, famous for releasing the Pentagon Papers, has said of Paul: "On foreign policy, on the Constitution, on Homeland Security, on intervention, he speaks very well."[8] Ohio Congressman Dennis Kucinich has said that he and Paul "agree tremendously on international policy".[9]

I have to say if you look up my posts 4 years ago I was a huge Obama supporter and probably got him a vote or 2 on this site. Howerver he has proven to be to wishy washy and right now the US needs a person to say something and do it. Corprate America needs to be challanged and Obama ain`t the guy to do it.