Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two Bigfoots shot dead & being tested for DNA

rungirly

If you haven't heard the story by now, there was an incident where two Bigfoots were shot to death in northern California and samples from their flesh are being used for DNA testing. The hunter's name is Justin Smeja and the incident supposebly involved a adult female Bigfoot and it's baby. The hunter claims to have mistaken them for a couple of "odd-looking bears". We're still waiting for the lab results from Dr. Melba Ketchum to tell us what that creature really was... a bear or a Bigfoot?

This story got me excited at first, but then I noticed a couple red flags. Bigfoot Researcher Robert Lindsay, who is close to the situation, claims the DNA testing is complete and the samples tested positive for "Bigfoot". I don't understand how they can positively identify it as a Bigfoot when there are no other verified Bigfoot DNA samples to compare it to? Also the hunter originally claimed he cut the Steak-sized piece of meat off of the Bigfoot body with a hunting knife. Now he claims he went back to the shooting site two weeks later and found the hunk of Bigfoot flesh mixed in the snow. That is the sample being used in this DNA testing. What do you guys think??

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2011/11/sierra-kills-this-post-from.html

**** BIG UPDATE****

It looks more like this is a scam. Apparently the hunter Justin Smeja and Researcher Robert Lindsay have now teamed up with notorious Bigfoot hoaxster TOM BISCARDI and are attempting to sell the "Bigfoot Steak" for a cool $50,000. Robert Lindsay appeared this week on Biscardi's radio show and announced Smeja was looking to sell the hunk of bigfoot flesh from the shooting for $10,000. However Biscardi anted' up the offer to $50,000... saying Smeja is cutting himself short. They are floating around a photo of the "Bigfoot Steak" online with you can see here:

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptotourism/sierra-kills-bigfoot-steak/

However Dr. Ketchum is still involved with the testing and scientific findings, which may still turn out to be something, but the longer this goes on the more it stinks. What do you guys think?

**** EDIT **** ****LAST UPDATE****

It's been revealed that the photo they are passing around of their "Bigfoot Steak" for sale was stolen from a cookbook website here:

http://www.cookography.com/2008/steak-night

Busted in yet another scam, when will Biscardi learn? The best way to stop these hoaxsters is to keep everyone educated about these schemes.

sierrasteak.jpg

Edited by rungirly

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Only

• Belial

• Orcseeker

• aussiecrypto

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he shot a bear on her cub and should be fined and put in jail. That is just wrong. <_<

I got some, errrrm, old bigfoot cutlets at the back of my freezer, only $8000 each or 3 for $19500. (or nearest offer)

I got some, errrrm, old bigfoot cutlets at the back of my freezer, only $8000 each or 3 for $19500. (or nearest offer)

Something tells me steak sauce would go great with it. Maybe marinade it in some jack Daniels.

Seems legit. :lol:

Surely if you were going to hoax a bigfoot 'steak' you would take a photo yourself, instead of stealing a photo off the internet that is bound to be discovered sooner or later? I guess we're not dealing with mastermind hoaxers here.

Surely if you were going to hoax a bigfoot 'steak' you would take a photo yourself, instead of stealing a photo off the internet that is bound to be discovered sooner or later? I guess we're not dealing with mastermind hoaxers here.

Maybe it's a grand elaborate scheme headed by Bigfoot himself to cover up his existence through ridiculous misinformation stories.

I would imaging that calling a animal bigfoot because it had a bigger foot would be reason to dikintite fraud.

Maybe it is not impossible to find animals the have evolved and have not been classified yet.

Very fishy indeed!!!

Why bother with a nondescript and controversial chunk of meat when they could have provided an indisputable hand, foot, or head?

I had not heard that Bisardi was associated with these guys. I did hear that they had changed their story two or three times. I still wondered what it was that they had shot (Supposedly).

Now, I'm like 99.9999999% sure this is a hoax. Just more stupid "Squatchers". They don't even call themselves Investigators or Researchers anymore, just Squatchers. Idiotic......

Edited by DieChecker

The alarm bells rang as soon as I read that he had shot these creatures, but then left them there for two weeks prior to going back for some 'steak'. If somebody really did shoot and kill a real bigfoot it would make them famous (and maybe rich) so I am pretty sure they would not risk leaving it in the wild for a couple of weeks. They would find some way to take it back to civilisation there and then! Or am I just being far too sensible here?

The rest of the story sounds like a big wind-up to me and is so obviously a hoax.