Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Fourth Kind Coincidence

WoIverine

Just thought I'd follow up the owl conversation with this, in case everyone hasn't seen it yet. I'm a pretty manly guy, but even I couldn't handle the cuteness overload. lol

Awww that is so gorgeous :wub: . Owls are awesome, I loved that clip thank you Spid :tu:

• Like 1

fair enough the film was make believe however some years when i was back in school i remember reading a book where an abductee reported such a thing with owls being in the window moments before it happening, i know for a fact this was easily at least 10 years ago and true im telling you now that report gave me the serious heebeejeebee's i wouldnt go sleep at night without the curtains drawn for a long time. very true

Actually the owls in the film are not aliens at all. Nor our they symbolism. The owls are representative of alleged accounts of alien abductions, more particularly Whitley striebers, that the aliens leave behind a "screen memory" so instead of remembering the traumatic experience of alien beings taking them by force, all they remember is a barn owl staring in through the window. However the memory feels hollow as if it never happened. For more details I recommend reading communion or watching this video where budd Hopkins discusses the screen memory:

Sent from my iPhone

That is simply amazing. Snow owls are beautiful creatures, and I hope you feel blessed to have been able to see them in your region. Consider this a probable once-in-a-lifetime experience. :)

My daughter said she went for a walk one afternoon, and an owl followed her, flying from tree to tree, until she got back home. She thought is was cool, like the owl was watching over her.

Thats really cool!!

Completely on a side note, this made me think of something that happened to me. BUT one night during a traumatic event of friends and drinking and fighting I found myself walking over a mile during a thunder storm back to my friends house. It was pouring down rain, the streets were dark, and the only light source I had was the lightning. Well at one point I realized I was being followed, So I turn around and a skunk was following me. (EEEK RIGHT?) So I started to run, and the damn thing sped up and ran with me, so I slowed down to accept my fate and the skunk walked up and just stood next to me and looked at me. SOOO I started walking again and it kept pace with me, right by my side, during the whole walk back to the house. I kind of felt safe because if a coyote, or anything threatened me I felt like the skunk would protect me and spray it. The next morning my friends car which was outside the house had been sprayed by the skunk that kindly walked me home. lol!!!

• Like 1

Thats really cool!!

Completely on a side note, this made me think of something that happened to me. BUT one night during a traumatic event of friends and drinking and fighting I found myself walking over a mile during a thunder storm back to my friends house. It was pouring down rain, the streets were dark, and the only light source I had was the lightning. Well at one point I realized I was being followed, So I turn around and a skunk was following me. (EEEK RIGHT?) So I started to run, and the damn thing sped up and ran with me, so I slowed down to accept my fate and the skunk walked up and just stood next to me and looked at me. SOOO I started walking again and it kept pace with me, right by my side, during the whole walk back to the house. I kind of felt safe because if a coyote, or anything threatened me I felt like the skunk would protect me and spray it. The next morning my friends car which was outside the house had been sprayed by the skunk that kindly walked me home. lol!!!

LOL, that's awesome. Great story!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My parents have a snow owl hanging around their house in Texas. Freaked out a bit when I caught it starring me down. The fourth kind is also one of my favorite Movies

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hi Wolverine, it's an old thread, but I thought I'd share my story.

I watched the Fourth Kind about 2 1/2 years ago. The next day, in the afternoon, I was in my kitchen and on the fence outside the kitchen window sat an owl. In broad daylight. I have never seen an owl in my garden before or since even at night time. I looked straight at it and it looked at me and then flew away.

Spooky coincidence!

:alien:

Edited by HubbleBubble

Yeah...something is definitely up with that movie and the owl thing. It still creeps me out when I think about it. I wonder what the odds would be of a coincidence like that?

Edited by WoIverine

Yeah well this is an odd coincidence.

I'm staying home working on taxes today and decided to grab a dvd from the library to keep me company.

I've never heard of this movie "The Forth Kind", but for some reason it stood out on the shelf so I grabbed it.

Haven't watched it yet and was very surprised to see this thread!

Yeah well this is an odd coincidence.

I'm staying home working on taxes today and decided to grab a dvd from the library to keep me company.

I've never heard of this movie "The Forth Kind", but for some reason it stood out on the shelf so I grabbed it.

Haven't watched it yet and was very surprised to see this thread!

The movie is based on a true story and shows real video footage. It shows just how demonic aliens can be. I think it was a good movie

The movie is based on a true story and shows real video footage.

No.

It shows footage filmed as if it were real.

Here’s my movie review. I had grabbed it at the library a few hours before seeing this thread and had never heard of the movie. That coincidence alone was enough for me.

So… It’s definitely a Mockumentary. The way they mixed in actual footage is interesting, but it always goes blurry when something big is going on. The whole thing was a stretch and had way too many loose ends, and all but one of the actual participants refused to have anything to do with the movie.

That being said, I do believe in getting messages from animals.

Here’s my movie review. I had grabbed it at the library a few hours before seeing this thread and had never heard of the movie. That coincidence alone was enough for me.

So… It’s definitely a Mockumentary. The way they mixed in actual footage is interesting, but it always goes blurry when something big is going on. The whole thing was a stretch and had way too many loose ends, and all but one of the actual participants refused to have anything to do with the movie.

That being said, I do believe in getting messages from animals.

It's crazy man, watch that movie and weird crap starts happening, prior to watching it, or after watching it. Maybe it's similar to how some people have to sleep with the lights on after watching a terror flick, but this was a little different as the snow owls were actually there, two of them. They whooted for about 15-20 minutes after we saw them. I was surprised at how loud owls can be, since I had never heard one before in real life. Normally, I'm pretty skeptical about a lot of things, but since my ex was the one who actually noticed them first, I've got to chalk it up to a random coincidence, synchronicity, or whatever.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1

It's crazy man, watch that movie and weird crap starts happening, prior to watching it, or after watching it. Maybe it's similar to how some people have to sleep with the lights on after watching a terror flick, but this was a little different as the snow owls were actually there, two of them. They whooted for about 15-20 minutes after we saw them. I was surprised at how loud owls can be, since I had never heard one before in real life. Normally, I'm pretty skeptical about a lot of things, but since my ex was the one who actually noticed them first, I've got to chalk it up to a random coincidence, synchronicity, or whatever.

Yeah your owl story is more than coincidence. And truth be told, I had to go out and load my truck in the dark after seeing Forth Kind, and I was creeped.