Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Romney staff spent nearly $100,000

questionmark

(Reuters) - Mitt Romney spent nearly $100,000 in state funds to replace computers in his office at the end of his term as governor of Massachusetts in 2007 as part of an unprecedented effort to keep his records secret, Reuters has learned.

The move during the final weeks of Romney's administration was legal but unusual for a departing governor, Massachusetts officials say.

arrow3.gifRead more...

The first horn blow for the big conservative Romney hunt?

Edited by questionmark

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paracelse

• conspiracybeliever

• rashore

• Mr_Snstr

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, ok, so guy is swapping stuff out is bad and all...

But why in the heck is it costing so frigging much? They could have run out to best buy and bought an office worths of computers for less than that.

Can you hide magic underwear in a computer? :P

You can hide the fact that you were searching for them if you get rid of the computer. :D

You can hide the fact that you were searching for them if you get rid of the computer. :D

Could it be in fact that the current prophet Thomas S. Monson prophesied the current constitution is hanging by thread

The first horn blow for the big conservative Romney hunt?

Mark, are you implying that employees of our government should be able to hide what they've been doing on behalf of thier constituents when leaving office? Why shouldn't the people of Mass. have a big problem with this?

Wow, ok, so guy is swapping stuff out is bad and all...

But why in the heck is it costing so frigging much? They could have run out to best buy and bought an office worths of computers for less than that.

Maybe he has a buddy in the office supply business. A little embezzelment never hurt nobody.

Edited by Mr_Snstr

Maybe he has a buddy in the office supply business. A little embezzelment never hurt nobody.

LOL, only not really funny. I wonder about the cost fairly often when I see stuff like this pop up. I wonder how much government spending goes to line pockets instead of being used for what it's reported as being used for.

I'm also kind of wondering why this is news now when Romney did this action years ago in advance of the 2008 elections. Is he the republican spotlighted flavor of the week, and there wasn't anything juicier to bash him with at the moment?

LOL, only not really funny. I wonder about the cost fairly often when I see stuff like this pop up. I wonder how much government spending goes to line pockets instead of being used for what it's reported as being used for.

I'm also kind of wondering why this is news now when Romney did this action years ago in advance of the 2008 elections. Is he the republican spotlighted flavor of the week, and there wasn't anything juicier to bash him with at the moment?

Honestly, I doubt this is anything. Other than really trying to make dirt to dig on the guy. $205,000 sounds like allot of money; but we really don't know how big of an office we're talking about here.

It's double the old lease for equipment; the article says for the same ammount of computers. But that says nothing to what kind of computers, monitors, servers, wiring in the office, or service plan provided by the leaser. All of which could have been revamped/upgraded in this process.

As far as buying up old hard drives and what not. I'm sure there's allot of personal information on those that you wouldn't want your political opponents, or the press to get ahold of. Regardless of whether it was something bad or not.

In these days of hairtrigger political assasination. I bet it's a pretty common practice for one leaving office but not retiring from politics.

Edited by Mr_Snstr

Can you hide magic underwear in a computer? :P

LOL

Challenge for all the Mormons. Let me test your magic underwear...

stand against a wall and let me fire an arrow/bullet at you.

what? no?

oh ye of little faith....