Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Britain Suffers as a Bystander to Eurocrisis

questionmark

Why would you want a United States of Europe (USE)? Has the USA's economy and democracy swayed you into thinking its a good idea?

As part of the commonwealth, with the Queen as our head of state, i would hate to think that "mother England" was actually a state in a "USE". Whats next? an expanded UN where no country has full and final say about their own laws? Like in the USA federal law trumps state....

Democracy is an illusion that goverments like to make you think you have,remember there are possibly just as many laws in the UK and the States preventing you from doing things as there probably was Stalins Soviet Union.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• Caesar

• skookum

• A rather obscure Bassoon

You have no choice but to accept what Germany and France say. The meetings are between Merkel and Sarkozy. The Southern Europeans are in a situation to accept what is said or face bankruptcy. Do you truly believe that Spain, Italy or Greece could change the financial decisions being made?

The deal for you guys will be beneficial which is great, the only thing more humiliating than being bailed out is becoming bankrupt which hopefully will be avoided.

Strange how I can be wish you a positive future but you can only refer to the UK with utter contempt.

Dont worry i am not typical "Eu or bust" man, i wish UK the best on its future path, and i think leaving EU isnt bad it can only be good. Because when we entered this "union" it brought us much problems, i dont see why, but there were no problems before. Dont think that UK suffers at all, i think it is a positive change.

Maybe when Germany realizes it owns all of mainland europe (again) it might want to move its army around to one of its new protectorates (again) and Europe may call upon England and its commonwealth to save them (again) and history can repeat for the third time.

As a so called British Nationalist,i didn't vote for any of these Eurocrats and that is the problem.Once we elect our respective heads of state,then we have no say in the beaurcratic machine of the EEC.

We Brits never wanted in but we were never given the choice.At the end of the day it is our choice and our choice alone,and as i have already said we would never accept the EEC flag or lose our sovereignty.

Anyway the Euro is collapsing like an house of cards and there is no glossing over that.

Applaud - clap, clap

I would prefer to fight to the death and go down with the ship than give up Britain.

Theres something wrong with the mentality of our Politicians.

I don't know about others but I have always felt isolated from Europe. It always felt like a them and us club. I am sure that wasn't how it was really just a personal thought.

I grew up in a fishing town and watched the local fleet decimated and stocks run dry as our waters were opened to fisherman from all over Europe. Then the few remaining found themselves throwing tonnes of perfectly good dead fish overboard or face hefty EU fines. These were generation after generation of family business wiped out.

I think as an island it is difficult to feel like we are exact neighbours to the mainland.

I don't know about others but I have always felt isolated from Europe. It always felt like a them and us club. I am sure that wasn't how it was really just a personal thought.

I grew up in a fishing town and watched the local fleet decimated and stocks run dry as our waters were opened to fisherman from all over Europe. Then the few remaining found themselves throwing tonnes of perfectly good dead fish overboard or face hefty EU fines. These were generation after generation of family business wiped out.

I think as an island it is difficult to feel like we are exact neighbours to the mainland.

one of the other reasons you might feel isolated from the EU is the fact we/you unashamedly, patriotically believe in our own nation, we believe we are the master of our own destiny - the masters of our own house. unlike the United Kingdom most of the EU members have been occupied within living memory. when Germany steamed through Europe, and the same is happening again. why dont the EU members take a stand against a German dominated european union. and force the european bank to act in their interest not germany alone. you only have to look at the NEWS its all Germany. yet the EU is meant to be equal. but they set the interest rates to suit the Germany economy never mind what happens to the rest of them - protection of the Fatherland is the priority.

i wonder what will happen when the people of Greece and Italy have the German forced austerity measures thrust upon them. what happens if the people riot to such an extent the ruling unelected eurocratcs are forced out of the shambolic puppet government what then? troops on the streets?

Its like a cemetery, they moved the graves but never moved the bodies! thats all this new deal is.

Edited by Caesar

Maybe when Germany realizes it owns all of mainland europe (again) it might want to move its army around to one of its new protectorates (again) and Europe may call upon England and its commonwealth to save them (again) and history can repeat for the third time.

Your true motivation rears its ugly head - what a surprise :tu:

Br Cornelius

Neuro, Euro lol

Made me laugh on the BBC news, they were talking about the divided Europe. Now broken down into European Union (EU) or Fiscal Union (FU).

The reporter turned round to a Labour politian and said "EU or FU!!" with a giggle he replied "I think we should find another name for it, I would imagine the public might take offence if asked EU or FU!!!"

Made me chuckle.

one of the other reasons you might feel isolated from the EU is the fact we/you unashamedly, patriotically believe in our own nation, we believe we are the master of our own destiny - the masters of our own house. unlike the United Kingdom most of the EU members have been occupied within living memory. when Germany steamed through Europe, and the same is happening again. why dont the EU members take a stand against a German dominated european union. and force the european bank to act in their interest not germany alone. you only have to look at the NEWS its all Germany. yet the EU is meant to be equal. but they set the interest rates to suit the Germany economy never mind what happens to the rest of them - protection of the Fatherland is the priority.

i wonder what will happen when the people of Greece and Italy have the German forced austerity measures thrust upon them. what happens if the people riot to such an extent the ruling unelected eurocratcs are forced out of the shambolic puppet government what then? troops on the streets?

More jingoism and tub - thumping that is more appropriate to an Island Nation when it had an Empire.

Time and again I hear the Siren Call of "Germany would never allow a Car Tax"? New cars in Germany are subject to a 20% purchase Tax, I believe that is the highest in the Northern Hemisphere

The fact is that the UK has the EU's second highest deficit -8.8%, just behind Greece's -9,1%. I doubt it will take long before hedge funds start turning against the pound, but of course, the "Old Bulldog Spirit" and jingoism will save the day against those nasty, efficient, and solvent Germans!:w00t: ...problem is, will the Eurozone agree to support the ailing UK economy when it comes to the crunch?:innocent: I would fight "tooth and Nail" against any such proposals - let Johnny Foreigner GB sort out his own mess.

More jingoism and tub - thumping that is more appropriate to an Island Nation when it had an Empire.

Time and again I hear the Siren Call of "Germany would never allow a Car Tax"? New cars in Germany are subject to a 20% purchase Tax, I believe that is the highest in the Northern Hemisphere

The fact is that the UK has the EU's second highest deficit -8.8%, just behind Greece's -9,1%. I doubt it will take long before hedge funds start turning against the pound, but of course, the "Old Bulldog Spirit" and jingoism will save the day against those nasty, efficient, and solvent Germans!:w00t: ...problem is, will the Eurozone agree to support the ailing UK economy when it comes to the crunch?:innocent: I would fight "tooth and Nail" against any such proposals - let Johnny Foreigner GB sort out his own mess.

http://order-order.com/2011/12/13/farage-blows-lifeboat-raspberry-in-eu-parliament/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+guidofawkes+%28Guy+Fawkes%27+blog+of+parliamentary+plots%2C+rumours+and+conspiracy%29

Apologies, but the profanity filter on audio / video clips will not let me view the content you have provided. If you could just "copy" and "paste" the point you are trying to make then I can see it and respond accordingly....

Of course, you could always make a comment on the clips yourself, to give something to work with :unsure2:

Edited by keithisco

The Euro is crumbling,so will the big boys kick out countries such as Spain,Portugal and Greece who lets face it have done very well out of Europe.They have taken more money than they have ever contributed.

Will they continue to carry this load or not?

The Euro is crumbling,so will the big boys kick out countries such as Spain,Portugal and Greece who lets face it have done very well out of Europe.They have taken more money than they have ever contributed.

Will they continue to carry this load or not?

The Euro is not crumbling and nobody will kick out anybody.

Now, everybody is free to leave, which some wish others would get on with instead of announcing it twice a day.

Said with such venom. And all we've done is pulled out of the gang. Wonder why it upsets you europhiles so much.

Said with such venom. And all we've done is pulled out of the gang. Wonder why it upsets you europhiles so much.

Because you failed to live up to your commitments - which always p***es off the fair minded.

Br Cornelius

Because you failed to live up to your commitments - which always p***es off the fair minded.

Br Cornelius

we committed our selves to the Common Agricultural Policy and we got shafted,we committed our selves to the Fisheries policy and we got shafted,infact we committed our selves to everything and we came off second best.But that's what happens i suppose when you act like sheep and follow the herd,fortunately we didn't follow the herd when it came to the Euro.

it upsets them so much because they know they need us in the EU. there are only four economies worth having in the EU and we're one of them. a fact that hasn't escaped the europhiles on here. but hate to admit it. the impact of Britain leaving the EU would send shockwaves through the world at large. the world would see the facts - a country of Britain's stature had lost confidence in the Union, and admit it or not that would damage the EU.

it upsets them so much because they know they need us in the EU. there are only four economies worth having in the EU and we're one of them. a fact that hasn't escaped the europhiles on here. but hate to admit it. the impact of Britain leaving the EU would send shockwaves through the world at large. the world would see the facts - a country of Britain's stature had lost confidence in the Union, and admit it or not that would damage the EU.

I see, so Britain is staying for altruistic motives.... that would be a first...

we committed our selves to the Common Agricultural Policy and we got shafted,we committed our selves to the Fisheries policy and we got shafted,infact we committed our selves to everything and we came off second best.But that's what happens i suppose when you act like sheep and follow the herd,fortunately we didn't follow the herd when it came to the Euro.

Britain has always operated on the sidelines of the EU (by choice) so it has always had less influence of the course which the EU has taken. It has suffered as a consequence of its own decisions - but it has obviously gained enough through trading arrangements - to feel it was more than worth staying on the inside.

Britain is where it is with regard to the EU because they only wanted the half of the bargain which favoured them - but it has constantly miscalculated where its actual advantage lay.

Poor UK :no:

Britain is staying out because it specifically doesn't want controls on;

-speculative market trading

-controls on running up unsustainable budget deficits

Britain want to maintain control to behave fiscally irresponsibly :tu:

It doesn't want any of the controls put in place which are essential in order to prevent speculative bubbles growing out of control and destroying economies. Its an example to the world - of how to behave selfishly and irresponsibly when a collective crisis is faced.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

I see, so Britain is staying for altruistic motives.... that would be a first...

Every country is in the EU for its own motives so lets forget about all the unity bull crap.

Every country is in the EU for its own motives so lets forget about all the unity bull crap.

Oops sorry about the double posting.

Edited by shaddow134

Britain has always operated on the sidelines of the EU (by choice) so it has always had less influence of the course which the EU has taken. It has suffered as a consequence of its own decisions - but it has obviously gained enough through trading arrangements - to feel it was more than worth staying on the inside.

Britain is where it is with regard to the EU because they only wanted the half of the bargain which favoured them - but it has constantly miscalculated where its actual advantage lay.

Poor UK :no: .

Br Cornelius

Twice, because at the introduction of the Euro Mrs. Thatcher also thought she could avoid German reunification joining forces with France... well France only wanted something too if Germany got something and out came the Euro. Mrs. Thatcher got nothing.

Poor UK :no:

Britain is staying out because it specifically doesn't want controls on;

-speculative market trading

-controls on running up unsustainable budget deficits

Britain want to maintain control to behave fiscally irresponsibly :tu:

It doesn't want any of the controls put in place which are essential in order to prevent speculative bubbles growing out of control and destroying economies. Its an example to the world - of how to behave selfishly and irresponsibly when a collective crisis is faced.

Br Cornelius

Well, now you can show us how it should be done can't you.

p.s. It's collective crisis of the Euro.....er which we are not in. :tu:

Edited by itsnotoutthere