Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
THE MATRIX

Tennessee family home burns while firefighter

82 posts in this topic

The Silver Thong

If nobody paid the fee then there wouldn't be a fire department at all to be complaining about. I wonder how much the added taxes would be compared to the moderate $75 fee? Where my mother lived it was $35 but it was a more populated area and she was closer to the city.

So it is safe to say that the tax payers now have a homeless family that now need to support them over 75 bucks. No wonder the economy is so fèd up. This is like killing an old person because they couldn`t afford the insurance.

The Silver Thong

They responded to their neighbors who had paid the fee and was there only to protect their neighbors home not the one on fire.

Total duche bag move as now your tax`s need to support them. Give me there mailing address. I will send them the 75 bucks and another 150 back pay if thats what it takes to keep the homeless off the streets. 75 dollars now turns into tens of thousands all on the tax payer, what a moronic thing that some think this is deserved. You punish yourself and I can only laugh at the idiotic stance that not helping others actually helps yourself.

Edited by The Silver Thong

Michelle

So it is safe to say that the tax payers now have a homeless family that now need to support them over 75 bucks. No wonder the economy is so fèd up. This is like killing an old person because they couldn`t afford the insurance.

Or, they bought a beat-up old trailer for $20k and didn't think it was worth paying the $75 a year because it takes approximately fifteen minutes for it to be totaled.

It's not really much different than buying car insurance. You are required to have it, but if your car is twenty years old it's not worth it to have full coverage. You pay the minimum required to cover the other people if you are in an accident.

If you choose to live outside of the city limits, without paying taxes towards city wide services, you need to make a choice to pay or not. If they lived inside the city there would be no choice and non-payment would result in loss of property. Isn't that one of the reasons so many people lose their homes...for non-payment of taxes? I suppose that is better?

It's a small price to pay when you think of the gamble of your house going up in smoke. What is the percentage?

Michelle

Total duche bag move as now your tax`s need to support them. Give me there mailing address. I will send them the 75 bucks and another 150 back pay if thats what it takes to keep the homeless off the streets. 75 dollars now turns into tens of thousands all on the tax payer, what a moronic thing that some think this is deserved. You punish yourself and I can only laugh at the idiotic stance that not helping others actually helps yourself.

That is what everyone is saying after the fact. There are over 59,000,000 people living in rural areas and how many of those can't afford to pay anywhere from $35 to $150 a year to have fire service? Are you going to send all of the ones that can't afford it the payments? Outside of the city limits that is the way it usually works.

http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/planning/census_issues/metropolitan_planning/cps2k.cfm

Come to think of it, you guys are right...if it's good for the goose it's good for the gander. Charge a blanket fee with property taxes that covers everything...regardless.

Edited by Michelle

The Silver Thong

Or, they bought a beat-up old trailer for $20k and didn't think it was worth paying the $75 a year because it takes approximately fifteen minutes for it to be totaled.

It's not really much different than buying car insurance. You are required to have it, but if your car is twenty years old it's not worth it to have full coverage. You pay the minimum required to cover the other people if you are in an accident.

If you choose to live outside of the city limits, without paying taxes towards city wide services, you need to make a choice to pay or not. If they lived inside the city there would be no choice and non-payment would result in loss of property. Isn't that one of the reasons so many people lose their homes...for non-payment of taxes? I suppose that is better?

It's a small price to pay when you think of the gamble of your house going up in smoke. What is the percentage?

The percentage is low but guess what happens, the tax payer is left on the hook. Renters and home owners should either be forced to pay or have it included in the bill what ever it may be. Now thes people are un insurable and will have to live of the goverment tit over 75 bucks. These people could be boozers or druggies but now we have who ever they are living on the street.

Just like the US, if your poor don`t get sick.

Michelle

The percentage is low but guess what happens, the tax payer is left on the hook. Renters and home owners should either be forced to pay or have it included in the bill what ever it may be. Now thes people are un insurable and will have to live of the goverment tit over 75 bucks. These people could be boozers or druggies but now we have who ever they are living on the street.

Just like the US, if your poor don`t get sick.

Hey, I've already said you are right..."Renters and home owners should either be forced to pay or have it included in the bill what ever it may be." I assume you are talking about tax bills.

At least then, if they don't take responsibility in paying their taxes or can't pay, the city or state will just take their homes away for non-payment and there wouldn't be a problem with this fire department debate. They might probably be homeless a lot sooner. :huh:

Don't start making general digs at the US about something completely off topic, please.

Edited by Michelle

Rafterman

Why do so many come to the defense of people who acted in such a completely irresponsible manner? Particularly since this exact same thing happened in this area less than a year ago so it should come as no surprise to anyone.