Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hidden Images Of Animals Seen In Mona Lisa

Still Waters

The Mona Lisa has puzzled viewers for over 500 years with her enigmatic smile... but has her coy grin only been a distraction for Da Vinci's real mystery? Is the Mona Lisa surrounded by animals? Rochester artist Ron Piccirillo thinks he has brought the 500-year old secret to light.

It all started when Piccirillo was doing research for an art project and decided to get a fresh perspective on the work by, in his words, "employing an old artist's trick" and turning the piece on its side.

Suddenly Piccirillo noticed a lion hovering by Mona Lisa's head; soon an ape, buffalo and crocodile also became visible. Confronted with this scene out of the 'Da Vinci Code' come to life, Piccirillo recalled thinking: "Oh my God."

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SAmbag

• Juanita Rose Violini

• sergeantflynn

• Swamptick

Reading that man's website. He sees to see what he is looking to see or looking into things WAY too much.

I get the impression he's a boob.

EVERYTHING with this damned fool painting is a classic case of the Emperors New Clothes. It's just a painting. A painting of a plain looking woman. Nothing more.

I bent the painting in half , flipped it through 30 degrees then viewed it through a mirror . The statue of liberty is then in the lower left corner .

I bent the painting in half , flipped it through 30 degrees then viewed it through a mirror . The statue of liberty is then in the lower left corner .

Anyone for hangman?

p_r__dol_a

If you play it backwards it says 'Mona is dead'.

There must be a hidden meaning... now let's spend a lot of time and money to discover the religious connotation... or just start worshiping animals now. Your choice.

I'll have one of what the 'artist' that spotted the 'animals' had please! I might only take a half though.

He seems to be seeing some very childish, blobby animals; and for you to see what he's seeing he has to explain it to you. Seriously, Leonardo painted because he was inspired to do so and he was a GENIUS! He would be insulted by all this crap.

Reading that man's website. He sees to see what he is looking to see or looking into things WAY too much.

I get the impression he's a boob.

+1 its just pareidolia

well he's got his career boost out of it.

Welp, this guy is really trying to cash in on this publicity. He is finding animals everywhere in Da Vinci.

Here's his website.

http://www.thehiddenhorsehead.com/

Reading the guy's blog I came to realize that he really, really bugs me. I wouldn't mind so much if he were a little bit more humble about it, but he is just so arrogant about the whole thing. He reports these ambiguous images he's seeing as fact. Despite the fact that experts are tending to disagree with him, he still treats himself as some sort of prodigy who made a new "discovery." In his own words.

Edited by SAmbag

Da Vinci is a Genius, He has hidden encoded messages, pictures, symbols all over all his paintings. Maybe this guy really is seeing something.

You look at a cloud in the sky and you see a puppy, the person next to you don't see it till you point it out. Is it really there or just an interpretaion.

I say good for this guy thinking outside the box maybe he did discover a new mystery and how crazy intelligent Leonardo was.

Welp, this guy is really trying to cash in on this publicity. He is finding animals everywhere in Da Vinci.

Here's his website.

http://www.thehiddenhorsehead.com/

Reading the guy's blog I came to realize that he really, really bugs me. I wouldn't mind so much if he were a little bit more humble about it, but he is just so arrogant about the whole thing. He reports these ambiguous images he's seeing as fact. Despite the fact that experts are tending to disagree with him, he still treats himself as some sort of prodigy who made a new "discovery." In his own words.

Yes as others like him have done he has discovered pareidolia.