Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2012 Apocalypse fears unfounded says NASA

Robbie333

100% of end of the world prophecies have been wrong, period.

It's not all bad, all the time.

I remember my Mum letting me stay home from school in the early 70's because it was judgment day, and the world was supposed to end.

I was wrapped. Day of school.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Damian Bâthory

• oly

• 27vet

• A rather obscure Bassoon

yeah.. Sure some fool will start this joke again some other day........2015 or 2020. I think these fools enjoy terrifying people.

Would they be so stupid? I thought this prophecy failed because the propagandists did not realise that a large percentage of the world owns a telescope, and can look for themselves. If Nibiriu was hurtling down on us, I reckon most of us in the amateur astronomy community would have heard about it. I would expect them to take these sort of failures into account.

I already knew this....the proof is, around here they are building new Higways and bridges that cost Billions of dollars and is due to be inaugurated in December 2012...

If the end of the world was near, they would say "to Hell with the Highways and bridges, lets build an Ark and get the Hell out of here."

I told the workers on the Bridge "why build it..? it will be destroyed on the 21 December 2012", one of them replied, "i know, but i dont care as long as i'm paid"

LOL

Edited by Damian Bâthory

It's not all bad, all the time.

I remember my Mum letting me stay home from school in the early 70's because it was judgment day, and the world was supposed to end.

I was wrapped. Day of school.

Yeah i rememdber this, but my Mom sent me to school anyway, makes me doubt today about her maternal love.....lol

I have a feeling something funky is definitely gonna go down but it ain't the end of days.

Yep!!....lady Gaga will turn to Heavy metal and will join Iron Maiden and do an apearance at the Ozzfest dressed as Marilyn Manson....

And we will reach an incredible toll of suicide of those who predicted the end of the world that day and from those who beleived them....

LOL....

It will take 600 light years :whistle:

LMFAO......

That's quite accurate....i just love this one.......

ROTFLMFAO.....

Everyone thinks that a comet will hit earth, or earth axis will tilt, etc.... Nostradamus, Bible, Koran, Mayans, Incas, etc all talk about 2012. Nostradamus mentions that the year 2012 the an event will happen that will change the world forever, u don't need to read books to see events already being lined up that will change the world. Israel openly talks about striking Iran, this will lead to world war 3, Iran in alliance with Russia and China, who both stated that Nato or Israel attacks, they will be involved one way or another. Russia is already preparing for this and installing s300 surface to air missile systems in Syria and Iran, and Russia itself is deploying s400 missle sytems around all its strategic targets, China has been in a de facto cold war state with US for years. If all this doesn't make u wonder, the US is on verge of bankruptcy, government has allowed its middle class to erode over 40 million jobs in last 20 or so years, decreasing its own ability to take in more income taxes, creating huge deficit and debt. Europe union is finished countries bankrupt, on verge of bankruptcy, austerity measures destroying social programs and good jobs, sooner or later going to lead to social unrest, even revolutions. Frankly is a comet hit the earth, and we had to re build, it would be better in the end than the current mess, and events presently.

. Frankly is a comet hit the earth, and we had to re build, it would be better in the end than the current mess, and events presently.

And the climate change lobby will have a field day.

I have a feeling something funky is definitely gonna go down but it ain't the end of days.

Everyone thinks that a comet will hit earth, or earth axis will tilt, etc.... Nostradamus, Bible, Koran, Mayans, Incas, etc all talk about 2012. Nostradamus mentions that the year 2012 the an event will happen that will change the world forever, u don't need to read books to see events already being lined up that will change the world. Israel openly talks about striking Iran, this will lead to world war 3, Iran in alliance with Russia and China, who both stated that Nato or Israel attacks, they will be involved one way or another. Russia is already preparing for this and installing s300 surface to air missile systems in Syria and Iran, and Russia itself is deploying s400 missle sytems around all its strategic targets, China has been in a de facto cold war state with US for years. If all this doesn't make u wonder, the US is on verge of bankruptcy, government has allowed its middle class to erode over 40 million jobs in last 20 or so years, decreasing its own ability to take in more income taxes, creating huge deficit and debt. Europe union is finished countries bankrupt, on verge of bankruptcy, austerity measures destroying social programs and good jobs, sooner or later going to lead to social unrest, even revolutions. Frankly is a comet hit the earth, and we had to re build, it would be better in the end than the current mess, and events presently.

well if we can hold out to 2029 and if aphois hits the key hole a n asteroid will hit. lol

No i think the worst thing that will happen in 2012 is anmother recession or a depression. Or a major war. Or lindsay lohan will be elected president.

• 2 weeks later...

Weird, how all of a sudden they found an Earth-like planet named Kepler-22b. I believe this was made to be found by us and we some how will be transitioning to this new planet.

Ahh - The government says: "don't worry, be happy, keep paying taxes . . . we're here to help." I feel SO reassured.

As opposed to believing a bunch of jungle dwelling savages who had a penchant for human sacrifice?

• 1 month later...

Everyone thinks that a comet will hit earth, or earth axis will tilt, etc.... Nostradamus, Bible, Koran, Mayans, Incas, etc all talk about 2012....

Where exactly does the Bible mention 2012? I would like to know so I can look it up, I must have missed that part.

Maybe people should stop watching the History channel,i:e tripe such as Brad whatshisname Decoded,Ancient Aliens,Nostradamus Effect and so on and on.From what i understand the Mayan calendar ends and thats it.

As Fatal Charm points out,nowhere in the bible does 2012 appear.I remember growing up and every one saying that the world was going to end in 1999.Well it didn't ( surprise surprise ).

Any way it better not end i booked my holiday for 2013 laugh.gif

Where exactly does the Bible mention 2012? I would like to know so I can look it up, I must have missed that part.

Yes, HolyW, I TOO would like to see you cite this. But while you are there, please also cite your evidence in regard to:

- Nostradamus

- Koran

- Mayans

- Incas

Not from conspiracy sites, but from recognised, real translations. If you can't do that, please withdraw the claims - it will do you good.

(Me, I love being wrong - that's when I learn stuff...)

Misinterpretation of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar is the basis for a popular belief that a cataclysm will take place on December 21, 2012. December 21, 2012 is simply the day that the calendar will go to the next b'ak'tun.

So all of a sudden, proclamations from the likes of NASA and politicians have become trustworthy? :unsure2:

So all of a sudden, proclamations from the likes of NASA and politicians have become trustworthy? :unsure2:

[/quote

You don't need NASA to debunk hysterical rantings about 2012.

• 3 weeks later...

No. It's rubbish.

As opposed to believing a bunch of jungle dwelling savages who had a penchant for human sacrifice?

But I thought the leaders were a bunch of jungle dwelling savages who had a penchant for human sacrifice...

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an ancient aliens quote..."im not saying they're aliens...but they're aliens.

Here's an ancient aliens quote..."im not saying they're aliens...but they're aliens.

There are lots a aliens, problem is that they are from here.

if you didn't assume so much, you'd find you weren't wrong so much.

Really, Oly? Kindly post an example of me being wrong, including a full explanation of the 'wrongness'.

Or apologise.

Getting back on topic, earlier I asked the OP to give a proper translation that supported the claim - perhaps you would like to walk the walk and do that for him.

Or is posting youtube links the full extent of your debating methodology?

All a load of cobblers, the Mayan calender never factored in leap years as they came about after there calender was written. So this means their predicted date has already gone.