Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Occupy Boston Protesters Get Evicted

Persia

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• me-wonders

• Persia

• Princess Serenity

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I heard something about Occupay Boston last night. Billy said that the "real protestors" left a long time ago. And now it's nothing but trouble makers. I think the occupy movement is done with. Finished.

I think I heard something about Occupay Boston last night. Billy said that the "real protestors" left a long time ago. And now it's nothing but trouble makers. I think the occupy movement is done with. Finished.

Don't count on the movement dying that easily. I am guessing the real activist have moved in doors as they did in Eugene. I am irritating some of them, because I am insisting they either agree to close the camp, or take responsibility for it.

We have until December 15 and may or may not get an extension. We seriously need a place for the homeless, as the Hoovervilles during the great depression. But such a place needs responsible people to run it. I do not know what will happen to our homeless once we close the camp. I know many of them a females over 50 just looking for safety and acceptance, and they do have this in the camps, unless they so whacko, they are told to leave. I am taking tea and cookies for a tea party today, and I am not looking forward to it. It is very cold, and it is emotionally difficult for me to engage with these women, because they are in such a bad situation and some have medical problems.

Occupy did not start out to be a human service organization. However, it has given these people safety and sometimes a sense of being valued human beings. It appears mostly they are not the brightest crayons in the box, and perhaps society at large needs be more housing that is appropriate for them? I know I could be among them, because many of us are one pay check from being homeless, and don't have a place to stay when the checks stop coming in. So I will work for a permanent camp, or better yet, a communal farm. It would be nice to have a communal farm for the good folk who are doing their best, and then a reservation for those who just chose to remain on the outside of society. Then if these people are found on the streets sleeping or begging they get a ride to the community appropriate for them.

Those who have homes and are not at the camp, and are planning actions. They appear to be building relationships that may last? Many people sincerely believe something needs to be done, and it they have small achievements they will continue.

I may march with them on the human rights march, but I am opposed to occupying the ports and shutting them down. On the other hand, we should have started fighting for our jobs long ago. I think it is foolish to not recognize the issues as very important to all of us. Capitalism evolves and at this stage of evolution it appears to be self destructive. Another way of seeing the same thing is the evolution of cultures. We appear to be where Rome was when it fell. Either way change is unavoidable and that change might go better if we are a part of it, than if we are not and it just happens to us.

It appears the Occupy Eugene camp will be given an extension, and may even get a better location for long term camping. :yes: Hopefully, we can improve our organization before then.

It would be great to have a site where we had running water and plumbing for getting rid of used water. One possible site is along the river and has the beauty of nature and the outdoors going for it.

Another possible site would have a building with showers! That would be so awesome!

The importance of such a site is more than meeting human needs. In compliance with Occupy goals it would be giving our homeless personhood. Acknowledging they exist and have the right to the essentials of life, and can live like human beings instead of like animals that must stay hidden. A big plus of our camp, is the human interaction, being accepted and needed. I would hope the city never did so much for us that people weren't really needed to get things done.

Many of these people have incomes. Their incomes just aren't enough for them to get into housing, or they have mental issues and can't process through getting shelter. I think they should make a contribution of money for water, or a contribution of labor such as washing dishes and cleaning up around the camp. Our experience is those who make a contribution benefit personally from doing so.

We have such a mix of people from babies to retired people, and from the homeless to home owners. We could achieve some amazing things with just the resources of land and water.