Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chinese mother with 8ft long head of hair

Still Waters

She might spend a fortune on shampoo, but this Chinese mother-of-two is proud of her 8ft long head of hair.

Ni Linmei presented her endless mane at her home in Taiyuan, in China’s Shanxi Province, and admitted she hasn’t had a haircut in 14 years.

The 55-year-old was photographed laying her locks on a sofa as she attempted to comb the tresses.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Robert1

• Still Waters

• TheBanana

wow, that is awesome, bet it would be a pain to look after though.

as a kid i wanted to grow my hair that long and didnt cut it, but for some reason mine wont grow that long

For goodness sake. Cut that hair before she trips over it and hurts herself. God forbid if it got caught in something and was torn out of her head.

Edited by Robert1

Well, at least she takes care of it. It certainly doesn't look scraggly or unkempt. However I am left wondering why she does this? What exactly is there to be proud of in having 8 foot long hair? Why is this even news?

Oh well...could be worse.

My mother told me how her and her sister used to have really long hair, that they had to lift it up as they needed to sit down

She said it was a pain to wash...and later winded up having headaches.. Her hair was rather thick and heavy

I couldn't allow my own hair get that long...But hey if this lady loves it... MEH so be it

Long Hair makes older women look younger than the pixi blue hair look. It's her trade mark. :innocent:

Love Omnaka

I think that is awesome.

I think I remember reading somewhere that Laura Ingalls Wilder had hair that fell unbraided below her knees when she was a young woman, and that she had headaches from the braid when it was wound. I always wonder how long hair got when women didn't cut it as often in those good old days.

Whoa. LOL. Long hair is really cool, but that's a bit too much I think . You couldn't do anything with it except braid it and double the braid up so it doesn't drag around on the ground.

I have a friend who's native american, she doesn't cut her hair, it's partially cultural... a woman's hair is her glory. I'm insanely jealous of her tresses. LOL. It falls to her mid-thigh... and while this generally doesn't look good in most cases, it totally works on her. She also never braids it; she claims that braiding it does some significant damage to it. It's not too uncommon for us to be out at a pub having a beer or just out shopping and perfect strangers will ask her if they can take a picture of it. LOL. Good thing my friend is so generous and outgiong... she'll pose and smile every time. LOL.

i haven't cut my hair except for tiny trim ups in like 8 years. It's just barely past my shoulders. LOL. I was NOT blessed with the ability to grow long hair. :(

i haven't cut my hair except for tiny trim ups in like 8 years. It's just barely past my shoulders. LOL. I was NOT blessed with the ability to grow long hair. :(

I have seen your hair, it is very beautiful... Trust me when I tell you, it is not much of a picnic when your hair is like mine, very thick and heavy and long... It is ok to wash but a nightmare to blow dry... It can take me a good 30 mins or so to make sure I have it dried right

She's nuts. Can you imagine the amount of shampoo she goes through?

I hate having to deal with my hair. Sometimes I just want to shave it off! :lol: