Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Persia

Satellite Images Exposing America's Secrets?

Persia

At Google Maps, anyone can search for the names of military bases and zoom in to see airstrips and possibly even top-secret military drones like the RQ-170 Sentinel lost in Iran last week. Aviation website Flight Global has done just that, and claims to have found the secret airstrip at Yucca Lake, Nev., used for testing the RQ-170.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/12/10/could-google-reveal-secret-spy-drone-lost-in-iran/?google_editors_picks=true#ixzz1gAxJ6Fn9

questionmark

Wow, Fox pressing the panic button.... to start with, if the editors of Fox were capable of reading, they could easily see that Google images are on average 5 years old. About as usable to gather intelligence as a road map. Sensible places are either "accidentaly" covered by a cloud or altered.Then there are newer and more accurate images that can be bought from the Russian space agency.

I don't know, but sometimes I suspect they live in a different universe than I live in, or the rest of the world...for the case

George Ford

There are a few tiny little islands in the South Pacific that are blurred out on Google map. I believe they are maintained as runways but that they are also used to test and store secret aircraft. I heard some of them are literately completely covered in tarmac and fuel depots and hangers etc.

An example of what I mean from:- http://www.suerosoffphotography.com/pages/6/The%20Marshall%20Islands/The%20Marshall%20Islands/

Kwajalein2000_1.jpg

Ashotep

Maybe those little islands in the south pacific are where they keep the alien spaceships.:rolleyes:

theGhost_and_theDarkness

Wow, Fox pressing the panic button.... to start with, if the editors of Fox were capable of reading, they could easily see that Google images are on average 5 years old. About as usable to gather intelligence as a road map. Sensible places are either "accidentaly" covered by a cloud or altered.Then there are newer and more accurate images that can be bought from the Russian space agency.

I don't know, but sometimes I suspect they live in a different universe than I live in, or the rest of the world...for the case

I feel so dumb. . .I was looking at random places on google earth and there was one place that I stumbled upon that was some sort of base. I could see most of it, but there was this weird cloud thing over part of it. . .and I was thinking "Well, that looks out of place..." And I spent all of 5 minutes thinking "That doesn't look like a normal cloud. . ." I should have known it was done on purpose. I guess you can tell I don't use it all that often. :lol:

questionmark

I feel so dumb. . .I was looking at random places on google earth and there was one place that I stumbled upon that was some sort of base. I could see most of it, but there was this weird cloud thing over part of it. . .and I was thinking "Well, that looks out of place..." And I spent all of 5 minutes thinking "That doesn't look like a normal cloud. . ." I should have known it was done on purpose. I guess you can tell I don't use it all that often. :lol:

In the good old times at the airforce I worked at a classified location in Germany where we had a special team doing nothing but painting trees over the aerial photos of our base and on images of the surroundings. The "censorship" came out into the open when a neighboring town planned a new road and could not find the airbase on the aerial photo supplied to them. They called the press and the press had a field day about our "secret location" being disclosed...