Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Caesar

Shou U.S. tax $ be used for EU bailout?

Caesar
Congressional Republicans are taking aim at any International Monetary Fund move to bailout European countries in their debt crisis, saying they don't want American funds involved.

arrow3.gifRead more...

I don't think we should use any U.S. tax dollars to bail out the Eurozone mess. we have our own problems here at home.

Ashotep

I don't think we should be bailing out any banks, including our own, until they stop giving those huge bonuses to the CEO's. I have a feeling if the president was a republican that wanted to bail out the European banks they would suddenly be all for it. As far as attaching the bail out to funding for the war the republicans use that strategy all the time to get what they want. How do you think some of the stupid bills we have got passed, its a game to all of them.

Here's a link that claims they have already been given bail outs in the trillions and yet we can't afford health care for our people.

http://www.dailypaul...ust-scary-stuff

Caesar

I don't think we should be bailing out any banks, including our own, until they stop giving those huge bonuses to the CEO's. I have a feeling if the president was a republican that wanted to bail out the European banks they would suddenly be all for it. As far as attaching the bail out to funding for the war the republicans use that strategy all the time to get what they want. How do you think some of the stupid bills we have got passed, its a game to all of them.

Well I was talking about 30% of U.S. money in the IMF.

Here's a link that claims they have already been given bail outs in the trillions and yet we can't afford health care for our people.

http://www.dailypaul...ust-scary-stuff

Well thats conspiracy theory and not backed by facts

questionmark

I think that this news is behind the times as with the stability pact it makes sense for the Europeans to sell assets instead of lending more money. But I am afraid that everybody (including Congress) will like that even less. They are already starting to complain that Germany is reducing its debt too fast.

And as to the question: No, it does not make sense to save any privately held institution with tax money. But if the IWF and world bank cannot help due to political opportunism in any of its member countries it is also time to close them.