Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Saudi woman beheaded

Persia

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yamato

• TSS

• Mr_Snstr

• Robbie333

Top Posters In This Topic

RIYADH: A Saudi woman was beheaded Monday after being convicted of practising sorcery, which is banned in the ultra-conservative kingdom, the Interior Ministry said.

http://www.dailystar...x#ixzz1gKujf9Sc

First of all I do not understand how this can happen in the modern world. Secondly, why isn't the world family doing more to end this?

First of all I do not understand how this can happen in the modern world. Secondly, why isn't the world family doing more to end this?

Who is "the world family" and what is "more"?

Is it difficult to understand how witchcraft can happen? Or executions? Did the media gloss over those previously executed for practicing sorcery to arrive at this case? Are we going to presume the charges are false, without any evidence one way or the other?

I'll let John Popper sing it from here:

And so we gather 'round Psycho Joe

The quiet loners always blow

Strap him in the chair

And killing bad guys is such fun

Too bad we only captured one

Are there any more out there?

Any more out there?

And in the weirdest way it sets him free

He's finally rid of you and me

Joe and his electric chair

Is it difficult to understand how witchcraft can happen? Or executions? Did the media gloss over those previously executed for practicing sorcery to arrive at this case? Are we going to presume the charges are false, without any evidence one way or the other?

I'll let John Popper sing it from here:

And so we gather 'round Psycho Joe

The quiet loners always blow

Strap him in the chair

And killing bad guys is such fun

Too bad we only captured one

Are there any more out there?

Any more out there?

And in the weirdest way it sets him free

He's finally rid of you and me

Joe and his electric chair

I do not nor do I want to understand what you just blubbered.

It doesn't really matter whether the charges are false or not; this is a case of positively medieval barbarism either way.

Thank goodness she didn't reveal her 'seductive eyes' or physically touch a banana...

They would have really given it to her then!...

What happened to Islam?...

1,000 years ago it was a shining example of tolerance and Progressive thought....

Now it is where Christianity was then....

(this was a retorical question...)

Thank goodness she didn't reveal her 'seductive eyes' or physically touch a banana...

1,000 years ago it was a shining example of tolerance and Progressive thought....

It's not the religion that's changed; it's the society. It's the state and politics, the rulers of a society that are responsible for this. Religion is just a tool which can be changed and utilized to serve one's interests.

I think that was the parallel between SA and US, both have death penalty and sometimes it – oops – happens someone innocent gets fried or beheaded.

I’d say there’s a world of difference between putting serial killer to sleep and beheading a “witch”, but that’s just me.

In other words, Yamato is not trolling at all again :P

What I just blubbered were a series of questions and I can't even guess how any of them could be remotely difficult to understand.

I think that was the parallel between SA and US, both have death penalty and sometimes it – oops – happens someone innocent gets fried or beheaded.

I’d say there’s a world of difference between putting serial killer to sleep and beheading a “witch”, but that’s just me.

In other words, Yamato is not trolling at all again :P

In other words, you still don't know what "trolling" is. I asked questions and provided lyrics to a song. If you think that's trolling there's something wrong with you.

Now onto your somehow troll-free point: Are our executions in this country limited to serial killers? I said absolutely nothing about serial killers, or innocents, or putting anyone to sleep, so way to bomb out on getting the message. How is electrocuting psychopaths equated to "putting serial killers to sleep"?

It's a good rhetorical question. It's not the scriptures that have changed. It looks to me that government(s) got involved. I hope this latest media morsel serves as yet another example of why government and religion don't mix. Incidentally, in this country we have government and corporations mixing together, another disastrous brew of death all its own.

The way to end this is by using political and economic measures that make it too expensive to have a society that acts this stupid. Unfortunately Saudi Arabia has tons of money and something under there ground that causes our officials to kiss thier behinds. Thinking the people of the world will really trade part of thier oil supply to save some indentured women from being decapitated is naive.

Until people are willing to sacrifice the ease of thier own lives for moral purposes......fugetaboudit.

In other words, you still don't know what "trolling" is. I asked questions and provided lyrics to a song. If you think that's trolling there's something wrong with you.

Now onto your somehow troll-free point: Are our executions in this country limited to serial killers? I said absolutely nothing about serial killers, or innocents, or putting anyone to sleep, so way to bomb out on getting the message. How is electrocuting psychopaths equated to "putting serial killers to sleep"?

So, your post was not about drawing a parallel between executions in US and SA?

What was it about then?

Poetry?

The original post said nothing about electrocuting, so what it has to do with the topic of this thread?

To cut the long story short, what OverSword said, seconded.

So, your post was not about drawing a parallel between executions in US and SA?

What was it about then?

Poetry?

The original post said nothing about electrocuting, so what it has to do with the topic of this thread?

To cut the long story short, what OverSword said, seconded.

So it's either drawing a parallel or you have no other idea what? There's no parallel. There's a series of questions that still haven't been answered. If you know the answers to my questions and/or can read the person's mind I was replying to, then by all means carry his water and answer them for him. If not, then you don't know the answers either and thus, already know the point.

If you're referring to the song lyrics, the relevance of that will depend on the answers to those questions that remain ignored. Or perhaps even on further annoying commentary from you, we'll see.

The way to end this is by using political and economic measures that make it too expensive to have a society that acts this stupid. Unfortunately Saudi Arabia has tons of money and something under there ground that causes our officials to kiss thier behinds. Thinking the people of the world will really trade part of thier oil supply to save some indentured women from being decapitated is naive.

Until people are willing to sacrifice the ease of thier own lives for moral purposes......fugetaboudit.

Unfortunately, our political and economic measures make life in our own society more expensive, not theirs. It might be true that governments executing people for affronts to their religious interpretations is stupid but is such stupidity so rare in the world? How isolationist are we, the world's Stupid-Police, going to get to deal with this problem? Is Vietnam stupid-free enough to trade with now? How about our favorite trading partner, China?

It's a good rhetorical question. It's not the scriptures that have changed. It looks to me that government(s) got involved. I hope this latest media morsel serves as yet another example of why government and religion don't mix. Incidentally, in this country we have government and corporations mixing together, another disastrous brew of death all its own.

The business world is a religion it's own right. Complete with a set of rules and scriptures that can be interpreted many ways; and a god($).

---

I wish they gave more details of her charges.

1."Tried envoking a spell by putting a kidnapped child into the boiling cauldron."

2."Her veil slipped off and her neighbor saw she was way prettier than her."

3."She's a witch!"

I can confidently say that US law enforcement hasn't lopped off anyone's head for the crime of witchcraft for hundreds of years. Saudi Arabia can't make a similar claim.

So it's either drawing a parallel or you have no other idea what? There's no parallel. There's a series of questions that still haven't been answered. If you know the answers to my questions and/or can read the person's mind I was replying to, then by all means carry his water and answer them for him. If not, then you don't know the answers either and thus, already know the point.

If you're referring to the song lyrics, the relevance of that will depend on the answers to those questions that remain ignored. Or perhaps even on further annoying commentary from you, we'll see.

Your questions are bizarre, that’s why I offered my interpretation or better yet, the summary to Robbie whose mind I can’t read but I can read the “two wrongs make a right” that screams out of the poem quote (when seen in context of death penalty). It’s also quite clear you’re mocking the western legal system by wondering if the beheaded sorcerer was guilty or not. Of sorcery.

If only you picked adultery, they hand out capital punishments for that too, only it’s much more difficult to prove you’re innocent, at least among people with functioning brains.

Sorcery and beheadings, that's either time machine either heavy medication. I rest my case :lol:

I can confidently say that US law enforcement hasn't lopped off anyone's head for the crime of witchcraft for hundreds of years. Saudi Arabia can't make a similar claim.

Yeah but we hung people; crushed one to death with stones; or just let them die in prison slowly. By comparison getting your head lopped off looks like the way to go... :innocent:

Given that we just got done providing the largest weapons deal to Saudi Arabia in history, it's loud and clear that the Obama administration couldn't care less about Saudi Arabia's ongoing law enforcement problem. So don't expect a spit or a nickel from him about it. Congress approved the arms proliferation as usual, with something between a Duhhh and a ZzzZz. You know, that Corporatocracy Newt Gingrich refers to as "Free Enterprise".

Your questions are bizarre, that’s why I offered my interpretation or better yet, the summary to Robbie whose mind I can’t read but I can read the “two wrongs make a right” that screams out of the poem quote (when seen in context of death penalty). It’s also quite clear you’re mocking the western legal system by wondering if the beheaded sorcerer was guilty or not. Of sorcery.

If only you picked adultery, they hand out capital punishments for that too, only it’s much more difficult to prove you’re innocent, at least among people with functioning brains.

Sorcery and beheadings, that's either time machine either heavy medication. I rest my case :lol:

You've rested your case but unfortunately the evidence defies you. I saw kids tinkering in sorcery in my high school. As for beheadings, I'd rather face the guillotine than the gallows pole or the electric chair any day. But we've got lethal injection now, right? So let's talk about hundreds of years ago when the past century hasn't been so fabulous after all.

And heck yeah I'm wondering about it. The article provided next to no information about anything. One poster wanted more information about the charges when that's the only thing we have information about at all besides some statistics on previous capital punishment. I'd like to know what the evidence is. Actually knowing something about what we're so busy emotionally protesting over would only help that endeavor.

How are my questions "bizarre"? If my questions are bizarre then what I'm asking about must be bizarre. But you don't even know what that is, so let's hold our noses down until we find out, if ever.

I'm pro-life. I was mocking death. Problem? Enjoy the next ghoulish obsession with the next Casey Anthony the US media will no doubt put on for you. Nancy (dis)Grace is hunting mightily for someone pretty enough to get her ratings up as we speak.

You've rested your case but unfortunately the evidence defies you. I saw kids tinkering in sorcery in my high school. As for beheadings, I'd rather face the guillotine than the gallows pole or the electric chair any day. But we've got lethal injection now, right? So let's talk about hundreds of years ago when the past century hasn't been so fabulous after all.

And heck yeah I'm wondering about it. The article provided next to no information about anything. One poster wanted more information about the charges when that's the only thing we have information about at all besides some statistics on previous capital punishment. I'd like to know what the evidence is. Actually knowing something about what we're so busy emotionally protesting over would only help that endeavor.

How are my questions "bizarre"? If my questions are bizarre then what I'm asking about must be bizarre. But you don't even know what that is, so let's hold our noses down until we find out, if ever.

I'm pro-life. I was mocking death. Problem? Enjoy the next ghoulish obsession with the next Casey Anthony the US media will no doubt put on for you. Nancy (dis)Grace is hunting mightily for someone pretty enough to get her ratings up as we speak.

Oh, if you saw them tinkering, then it's absolutely acceptable to behead them. If they wrote letters to Santa when they were younger, then you can stone them too... I'm rolling my eyes so hard I can see my brain. Wow, it's wrinkled. That's a good thing, you know.

Speaking as someone from country that does not have death penalty, and has absolutely no idea who Casey or Nancy are and what was their contribution to black magic in Saudi Arabia, also as someone who pities the poor weak spirits that can fall under influence of anything, sorcery imagined or even real, as close to real it can get included, I think youre wrong in assumption that bizarre questions can be asked only about bizarre things.

Someone might ask Whats the depth of your toilet? and that would be bizarre, because though toilets are very common, unless theres some really exceptional plumbing situation such question makes no sense and leads nowhere but to room full of people that stare at the one who asked it with slight concern on their faces.

So as someone pro-life you are explaining that beheading is acceptable if the sorcerer is guilty because sorcery somehow makes you against life, because thats such a comfy way to die and because of Nancy?

See, Nancy worries me the most. Shes the cherry on top of your rambling cake.

Edited by Helen of Annoy

SA treats its women like crap and has barbaric laws. In other news water is wet. Sadly a case like this isn't that odd for Saudi Arabia.

Yamato,

Also there could be something lost in translation here; or a shift in semantics. Sorcery could mean something more akin to heresy. Living in a Theocratic country, heresy would be like commiting treason here in the US; punishable by death.

Would make allot more sense than thinking she was put to death because they thought she was casting spells; or selling magic charms.

Edited by Mr_Snstr