Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who are Palestinians?

Yamato

And to educate the people of this board (both pro-Israeli and pro-Palestinian), who have both fell victim to Orwellian policies of abusing the term:

Zionism (Hebrew: ציונות‎, Tsiyonut) is a Political movement that, in its broadest sense, has supported the self-determination of the Jewish people in a sovereign Jewish national homeland.[1] Since the establishment of the State of Israel, the Zionist movement continues primarily to advocate on behalf of the Jewish state and address threats to its continued existence and security. In a less common usage, the term may also refer to non-political, cultural Zionism, founded and represented most prominently by Ahad Ha'am; and political support for the State of Israel by non-Jews, as in Christian Zionism.

This is the correct, dictionary meaning of Zionism.

However, haters and non-legitimate critics dirtied the word in their quest to undermine Israel's right to exist, and the article claims:

Critics of Zionism consider it a colonialist[2] or racist[3] movement.

So I'm afraid, Michael, that to consider Zionism anything else than a self-determination movement for the Jewish people is politically biased. I didn't even come to the issue of whether I agree with Zionism or not, which type of Zionism, etc. I only explain what it means.

Claiming Zionism can be considered in the minds of some people as bad, just like Nazism or Communism could be considered the minds of some people as being bad, is the same as saying that the right of self-determination of the Australians, New-Zealanders, Danish people, Poles, Italians or Americans is bad. Can you see how the haters of Israel will stop at nothing in their quest to de legitimize us, to the point of employing the Orwellian techniques of changing the meaning of a word.

That policy, btw, to equate Zionism with malicious ideologies and giving it other meaning than what it really simply means, was started and invented by the Soviet propaganda machine, which just shows you the moral grounds that these people stand on.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yamato

• Erikl

• MichaelW

• and-then

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks, scroll to the top of this page and consider the few, simple, straightforward UM guidelines for posting in this "Middle-East" Topics Page.

Below are examples of a few typical exchanges, going back over the last five days or so.

Please note that all threads that degenerate to this level will be closed ... sooner or later.

Erikl: "... it's quite obvious the anti-Israelis have no interest in real discussion when they're presented with facts that contradict their own agenda ..."

BlackRedLittleDevil: "I'm starting to get the impression that you're either, chronically brainwashed and paranoid or simply a troll."

... "you've managed to tarnish your credibility to the level of no return."

... "The deceit and lies he tries to present to anyone reading this thread"

Erikl: "Ooooh a victory dance BlackRedLittleDevil!

Your summarize is as ludicrous as your claims."

... "It's quite obvious on how BLRD is about to answer to this as well - he's about to go on and rant some more, bringing more quotes that are opinions, probably will not tackle half of the things raised in this post - because he can't help it.

Expect some name calling as well - paranoid, childish, etc.. of course as we all know - insults are the weapon of the losing side."

BlackRedLittleDevil "The deceptions, inaccuracies and lies from Erikl's post continue:"

Yamato: "...You have utterly failed to provide a standard good enough for Palestinians too, and you must attack me personally because of that failure. I think that's pathetic."

MichaelW: "Your insistance on making this issue more personal than it is, is well, pathetic as well. Since when has it been about the moral character of the poster?

MichaelW: "Since when has it been about the moral character of the poster?"

Yamato: "Since the day the policies you came here defending became immoral."

Topic closed.

Karlis -- moderator team member