Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Persia

You can’t trust him

Persia

MANCHESTER, N.H. – Mitt Romney got into a rare heated confrontation with a gay veteran at a diner here Monday morning that concluded with the 63-year-old man telling reporters: “You can’t trust him.”

Mitt Romney talks to Vietnam War veteran Bob Garon during a campaign stop at Chez Vachon Restaurant in Manchester N.H. Garon, who is gay, asked Romney his views on legalizing same-sex marriage.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/post/you-cant-trust-him-gay-vet-says-after-exchange-with-romney-in-nh/2011/12/12/gIQAAwnepO_blog.html

Mr_Snstr

Well it wasn't really a heated confrontation reading the article.

Part of me wanted to think it was a set up of some kind; but then they went on to advocate for Ron Paul. But maybe part of the set up was to mention Ron Paul to discredit the idea that it was a set up. Or maybe I'm too cynical.

Edited by Mr_Snstr

Caesar

So we should follow the advice of some guy?

DieChecker

The guy asked Romney's opinion and he got it. That he did not like it and then said "You can't trust him.", just means that this particular Vet is too bias to give good testimony.

I believe that marriage is a relationship between a man and a woman, Romney replied, adding, and we apparently disagree.

At that, a Romney aide called for him to wrap up the conversation: Governor, weve got to get on with Fox News right now.

Oh, I guess the question was too hot, Garon told Romney.

No, I gave you the answer, Romney replied. You said you had a yes-or-no [question]. I gave you the answer.

You did, Garon said. And I appreciate your answer. And you know, I also learned something, and New Hampshire is right: You have to look a man in the eye to get a good answer. And you know what, governor? Good luck…. Youre going to need it.

I was definitely offended. He doesnt even open the door to a conversation. Its just a boom! But I did ask him yes or no, so I got what I asked for.
Because you cant trust him, Garon said. I just saw it in his eyes. I judge a man by his eyes.

Sounds like the guy was just disgruntled because Romney would not just Fish over onto his back and hand him Federal Gay Marriage.

He did ask for a Yes/No answer. So that he got a terse answer he should not complain.

If you go off the eyes no one would ever vote for a politician, ever. All of them are looking into the eyes of a Cobra, from the local council level all the way to the top. I usually vote for the guy with the most Cobra-ish eyes, as he's the guy I want representing me to the rest of the world... who want what we already have.

Edited by DieChecker