Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Females are aborted in India..Boys prefered

Sakari

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• lucifer_reborn_amen

• Taun

• hetrodoxly

This is not new news, we've had similar articles on UM, I will say again what I said before - these men are in for a huge culture shock. The women they place so little value in today will be like gold in the future and perhaps that is what needs to happen to even the scales. Instead of demanding a dowry for a wife, those smart enough to have girls may find themselves being offered a fortune for their rare and precious female. Hopefully, it will also mean better treatment for her by her husband and his family.

None of that is particularly enlightened but it is better than what is happening now IMO.

Amazingly stupid attitude when it comes down to it though isn't it - this gender bias. We still have alot of it in the west don't we? Isn't it traditional for a Father to pay for his daughter's wedding? Luckily many young couples in love don't see it that way but you still hear of it often enough.

Girls are just as valuable as boys! I don't understand how people can see otherwise? Stupid people are just stupid I suppose! :(

I don't understand it, though I must say I'm not very surprised. There are some pretty strange outlooks on the world out there...

libstaK made an excellent point there. Very few things escape supply and demand.

If you're dealing with there being 3 times more men than women, that tradition of the father paying for his daughter's wedding is certainly going to do a flip flop; and then some.

Though at the same time; from a population stand point. India is one of the most crowded places in the world. The amount of available women tends to play a larger role in population growth than the amount of men. When having a large family becomes devalued socially, or having children period; so do women to some degree.

This is not new news, we've had similar articles on UM, I will say again what I said before - these men are in for a huge culture shock. The women they place so little value in today will be like gold in the future and perhaps that is what needs to happen to even the scales. Instead of demanding a dowry for a wife, those smart enough to have girls may find themselves being offered a fortune for their rare and precious female. Hopefully, it will also mean better treatment for her by her husband and his family.

None of that is particularly enlightened but it is better than what is happening now IMO.

Amazingly stupid attitude when it comes down to it though isn't it - this gender bias. We still have alot of it in the west don't we? Isn't it traditional for a Father to pay for his daughter's wedding? Luckily many young couples in love don't see it that way but you still hear of it often enough.

Unfortunately, that does not seem to the direction that things are going. Women are repressed, and I think they want to keep them that way.

"Wife-sharing" haunts Indian villages as girls decline - LINK

Unfortunately, that does not seem to the direction that things are going. Women are repressed, and I think they want to keep them that way.

"Wife-sharing" haunts Indian villages as girls decline - LINK

Yeh I've heard about that too ... simply gross on so many levels, women are no better than cattle in these men's minds.

Yeh I've heard about that too ... simply gross on so many levels, women are no better than cattle in these men's minds.

Yes.. and have they ever stopped to think what if there were NO more females?? How long would their race last ? But see I feel that little females are used to breed and only to breed later on in life.... It is not just India... but other Asian cutlers do the same...

who's going to do all the cooking and cleaning?:innocent:

We do do without comments like that ..especially in a thread like this..come on !!

who's going to do all the cooking and cleaning?:innocent:

We do do without comments like that ..especially in a thread like this..come on !!

LOL BM I actually like it when men make comments like that - it tells me alot about their intelligence (or lack thereof) and their arrogance, you gotta separate the wheat from the chaff, and thats so much easier when they point out they are the chaff ;):P

hetrodoxly - its ok I know you're kidding - just saying ....

LOL BM I actually like it when men make comments like that - it tells me alot about their intelligence (or lack thereof) and their arrogance, you gotta separate the wheat from the chaff, and thats so much easier when they point out they are the chaff ;):P

hetrodoxly - its ok I know you're kidding - just saying ....

After watching that disturbing video.. I was not in a kidding sort of mood...................I wonder if those little baby girls shown were really dead? I turned it off once I saw what looked like an abortion... I cannot bare to watch that.. It is too sick...So sorry, I just couldn't get into a joke mood.. and normally I love to joke around..I have lost a little girl myself and when I see this it makes me feel sick...

Isn't China facing this same problem?... I recall reading that the Chinese - for many years - have focused on having sons rather than daughters and now whole villages have practically no women.... I'm not certain if they used abortions to achieve this or just 'abandoned' unwanted daughters...

It just totally amazes me that a culture would do this to itself...

BM I also lost a daughter - my only child many years ago - and I would give anything to have her back... I agree that this is not a subject that lends itself well to jokes...

Not to jump on hetrodoxyl or anything - I like to joke as much as any....

edit: and I have no desire to watch the video....

Edited by Taun

Isn't China facing this same problem?... I recall reading that the Chinese - for many years - have focused on having sons rather than daughters and now whole villages have practically no women.... I'm not certain if they used abortions to achieve this or just 'abandoned' unwanted daughters...

It would help an overpopulation problem to have a severely skewed gender distribution. So what you're calling a problem may well be the solution to another one. I'm not justifying the barbaric practice of abortion, period, and certainly not in this case either. I'm suggesting a motive in answer to the question implied by your amazement.

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. My parents recently lost their only daughter and I my only sibling, so I may know something of your pain and you have my sympathy.

thats silly, i cant understand what theyre thinking-both males and females are necessary to make the next generation, and if everyone aborted when they found it was a girl, there would be only men, and the population would die out.

I am pro-choice, so I support a woman's right to choose. However, I think if any country is worried about overpopulation as an issue, they should focus more on contraceptives and get rid of the arcane dowry tradition and just make sure women get equal opportunity/pay.

this will cut down on the insanity.

I am pro-choice, so I support a woman's right to choose. However, I think if any country is worried about overpopulation as an issue, they should focus more on contraceptives and get rid of the arcane dowry tradition and just make sure women get equal opportunity/pay.

this will cut down on the insanity.

Overpopulation shouldn't even need to be present to promote contraception and other preventative behavior to address the same problem that we constantly run into over here which is unwanted pregnancy. We "support" terminating unwanted pregnancy for every other reason on the list that hasn't been written yet, playing our "pro-choice" card which rhetorically tidies up a grossly moral issue quite well. All but one, as I now see. Somehow gender didn't make it on the list.

So for couples who already have three girls and want a son, get pregnant and find out to their dismay that they've created another girl, a quick trip to the neighborhood abortion clinic to scrape that unwanted girl out invokes no wrath or calls of "insanity" from anyone in this country that I've ever heard. It's always rape, or deformities, or to protect the life of the mother that are dredged up as the three "pro-life" exceptions. But for "pro-choice" supporters, the reason only needs to be whatever the woman wants. Those kinds of decisions stay well under the radar because frankly, we're all too busy to concern ourselves with consistent standards of sanity. The severe global problem of overpopulation is so much easier to ridicule because it's not our problem (so we think).

Let's presume the female "fetuses" are being aborted because they're female. A woman's right, to choose.

Sorry if you found my post offencive, it was intended as satire against a very male orientated society.

BM I also lost a daughter - my only child many years ago - and I would give anything to have her back... I agree that this is not a subject that lends itself well to jokes...

Not to jump on hetrodoxyl or anything - I like to joke as much as any....

edit: and I have no desire to watch the video....

See above,i apologise if my post caused offence

i'm pro-choice because this world IS grossly unfair to women. Women are 52% of the population and only 5% of the wealth.

that alone causes severe injustices. In my mind, an umbilical cord has been used as a leash (economically and physically). if we really valued motherhood, we would give each mother a salary (so she doesn't have to get an external job). let's put our money where our mouths are.

but this is off topic....

I do not favor aborting children on basis of sex (or any other demographic) society needs a massive overhaul in its thinking.

I wouldn't be surprised if you started seeing this practice spread. We recently tried here in the states to outlaw abortions based on race or gender; that proved unpopular.