Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China to Impose Duties on U.S.-Imported Cars

questionmark

China announced plans to impose anti-dumping duties on some vehicles imported from the U.S. after failing to block a U.S. tariff on Chinese tires.

Punitive duties will be as high as 12.9 percent for autos from General Motors Co.(GM) and 8.8 percent for Chrysler Group LLC, China's commerce ministry said today on its website. The U.S. units of Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (BMW) and Daimler AG (DAI) will face duties of 2 percent and 2.7 percent respectively, it said.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Hmmm... trouble in Capitalist Paradise?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr_Snstr

• Robbie333

• questionmark

• George Ford

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the capatalist paradise?

The one with 10% growth (or so they claim).

Hmmm... trouble in Capitalist Paradise?

I know and love a lot of Chinese people but the gov, well, are the A holes of the world. I cannot see that regime standing forever considering their actions in many facets.

Looks like we're trying to play a game of chicken. Who needs who more.

Yea, just another peeing contest. Whats new?

Yea, just another peeing contest. Whats new?

Indeed.

"I bet we can p*** all over our own people more!"

"Nuh-uh!"

Indeed.

"I bet we can p*** all over our own people more!"

"Nuh-uh!"

Our elected gov has been doing a good job of it so far. I know my shoes are wet !!! LOL

Our elected gov has been doing a good job of it so far. I know my shoes are wet !!! LOL

Just your shoes?! Lucky...

America, the new China. (in 20 years?)

Never happen. IMO

Never happen. IMO

Agreed; America may no longer resemble the old America in 20 years. But it won't resemble China now.

If anything we have the ability to be far worse. To the rest of the world; not necessarily to ourselves.

It is actually an trade war going on, with each action be countered by another action. An game of retribution against any tarrifs. China has not business placing anti-dumping on U.S. since we are the only people making that kind of brand of car. It is not like we are stealing intel on productions, mass producing them, and them dumping them back on the country that created them. This is what created the surplus for China and the debt for America, all because they refuse to balance the trade. Currently the trade balance is out of wack, with America buying more from China than China buys from America.

Since China is starting a trade war off America legally placing tarrifs on dumping that China has done, China is facing a prospect of being removed from the WTOs that they worked hard to get. Nothing like a dumb government who starts a trade war off an legal move from another country.

Edited by Phox

And how much debt is the US in to China? A p***ing contest with a country that could concievably bankrupt yours is just a little daft.

And how much debt is the US in to China? A p***ing contest with a country that could concievably bankrupt yours is just a little daft.

The ghost of the foreclosure note on the White House returning? :devil:

China could never, well, anything in this day in age is possible but they cannot bankrupt the US. Sure, we owe a lot of money to China and need that now. On the same hand they are in all intents and purposes building from a fledgling economic trade system. They need us and many other countries as well. So, everyone needs everyone right now, whether they or the US likes it or not.

Edited by Robbie333