Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Magnetic' man sticks 50 spoons to his body

Still Waters

Etibar Elchyev, a 39-year-old kick-boxing trainer, discovered his talent of attracting metal to his body less than a year ago but has quickly taken to the world of magnetism.

Initially The Georgian Guinness Book of Records Commission announced Mr Elchyev wanted to break the record for 'the most spoons balanced on the face' category by balancing 27 spoons.

However after an unexplained change of plan, the kick-boxing trainer managed to balance 50 metal spoons around his neck and chest.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fancyly

• Eldorado

• sharpie

• srbclarke

Pffffffff!

Should be 'Fat, sticky man has 50 spoons balanced on him'. :huh:

oil is slippery ... not sticky

especially when its warmed up !!

Edited by almeisan

Looks like they were stuck to his body by friction, not magnatism.

Only eastern europeans could believe a story like this.

As an eastern european, I don't "believe" this or that, I can clearly see that the spoons are placed on his body at an angle, rather than having straight pieces of metal stuck vertically to a vertical body part, like the bottom of his stomach or back rather than his shoulders. You have to be stupid enough to still believe in stereotypes in 2011. Surely you should've realized by now that there are many gullible people in every part of the world, not just in one place, and when you step over a certain border there won't be any more. Also you would have to know a great many people from EVERY country of the world to state something like "only in this part of the world", being 100% that it does not occur anywhere else. I seriously doubt you have done such research, however you seem to be a sucker for stereotypes and categorization. Do these false statements of yours that you believe to be true make you feel superior? Do you feel like you live in the best place/country of the world? Grow up.

As an eastern european, I don't "believe" this or that, I can clearly see...

Rolci, with 7 billion people alive today, we are blessed with a vast surplus of idiots. Until we can determine how to convert them into fuel or other useful substance, it's best to just ignore them.

I saw something similar to this on Stan Lee's Superhumans. The tests looked a bit more credible than what is seen in this video. If I remember rightly there was no mention of illness or sticky secretions, but he did manage 'stick' more than just metal to himself, and in my eyes debunked the 'Magnetic Man' theory himself.

Did anyone else see this? My memory is more than a bit hazy on this one. I doubt this show was credible enough to prove or disprove human magnetism, but they seem to have given him a big yes.

Edited by Junior Chubb

• 2 weeks later...

the answer is in these letters. two words. one word is 3 letters the other is six.

"egyerynni"

=

Yin Energy

• 1 month later...

Cannibals would love you guys. Food AND cutlery.

You’re right. I’m kinda fatty. :(

Nah, you look ok. :)

Cannibals will eat skinny people too, you know. Especially if they have cutlery stuck on them.... or ketchup. lol