Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sheriff’s Office Unfairly Targeted Latinos

questionmark

PHOENIX — In a harshly worded critique of the country's best-known sheriff, the Justice Department accused Joe Arpaio of the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office of engaging in "unconstitutional policing" by unfairly targeting Latinos for detentions and arrests and retaliating against those who complain.

After an investigation that lasted more than two years, the civil rights division of the Justice Department said the sheriff's office has "a pervasive culture of discriminatory bias against Latinos" that "reaches the highest levels of the agency.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Sheriff Joe in the news again....

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• Druidus-Logos

• _Only

• Pauly Dangerously

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if they would just stop commiting so many crimes...:rolleyes:

I agree that cops racially profile when keeping watch and investigating, but think it ends there.

And yet he is still in office. This is our judicial system. This is where crime and criminals are created.

Not saying that one thing has to do with the other but.. ya know... Just Saying....

The most recent statistics, taken from the Federal Bureau of Intelligence, show an 8 percent decrease in the national crime rate from 2004 to 2008, Thomas said.

But in Maricopa County, the drop has been more precipitous. From 2007 to 2008, the number of homicides fell by 16 percent, sexual assaults by 6 percent and vehicle thefts by 23 percent, according to the County Attorney's Office.

The 19 percent drop in the overall rate signifies about 32,000 fewer burglaries, 5,500 fewer robberies and 9,500 fewer aggravated assaults over those four years, Thomas said.

Article Link

Well if they would just stop commiting so many crimes...:rolleyes:

I hope that you're kidding....

if not...it doesn't matter whether or not one population commits more crimes,

it never means that all of them do. (btw I don't think Latinos commit more crimes 1. I haven't seen the stats on that 2. there's no guarantee that those stats would be accurate.)

I find it funny that of all the horrible, disgusting human rights violations that Arpaio has committed, his racial profiling is what garners the medias attention.

This fun little biography will give you a picture of what a lovely person Joe is: http://www.treesandthings.com/story/2008/5/30/14387/1569

Here's an excerpt:

Joe will beat you death even if you're blind (and destroy evidence in a cover-up attempt), although to be fair to Joe he really only beat that guy partway to death- he only died after being left unattended in a cell for 6 days from the perforated intestine and broken neck he got from the beating- last time he gets picked up for shoplifting.

I find it funny that of all the horrible, disgusting human rights violations that Arpaio has committed, his racial profiling is what garners the medias attention.

This fun little biography will give you a picture of what a lovely person Joe is: http://www.treesandthings.com/story/2008/5/30/14387/1569

Here's an excerpt:

Thank you; what a disgusting man...

:(

This fun little biography will give you a picture of what a lovely person Joe is: http://www.treesandt...5/30/14387/1569

Here's an excerpt:

Why does that remind me of the famous line of Pat Garret & Billy the Kid: "Last year Billy was the law"?