Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where do souls of evil people go after death?

Alan McDougall

Incorrect, the Bible states God sees these characteristics in man. Man always creates his own evils when he disobeys God.

It is stated he creates evil, hates, kills, it's just the religious doesn't want to believe it and twists things around to put him and themselves in a good light.

Incorrect, the Bible states God sees these characteristics in man. Man always creates his own evils when he disobeys God.

Nope, I was correct the first time. The Bible gives these characteristics to God.

God creates evil - Isaiah 45:7

God thinks of evil - Exodus 32:14, Jonah 3:10

God hates certain people - Psalm 5:5, Hosea 9:15, Malachi 1:3, Proverbs 6:16

I fully expect an apologist like yourself will twist the meanings any chance you can get.

This so called absorption into God would pollute his infinitely perfect, spirit with hate, evil, darkness, depravity and negativity

i dont believe that. if god is infinitely perfect, then there cannot be hate evil etc. within. those are human characteristics, not divine.

I think I must make it absolutely clear Evil Depraved people like Hitler, Bundy, Stalin and Darhma, go to exactly where they belong after they die, they go directly to HELL, remember in the afterlife it is "Birds of a feather flock together"

If the universe has a divine sense of justice, or balance, those who commit all the evil acts in life, all the pain they've caused others, every bit of it, they should have to experience all of the suffering, agony, and destruction they've inflicted on everyone else. That should be their death. When it is finished, oblivion.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

If the universe has a divine sense of justice, or balance, those who commit all the evil acts in life, all the pain they've caused others, every bit of it, they should have to experience all of the suffering, agony, and destruction they've inflicted on everyone else. That should be their death. When it is finished, oblivion.

Ahh, they do, but it is not metted out by another, it is metted out by self. Believe it or not, You will judge your self harsher than anyone else could , simply because no one lknows you as good as you do. And as pure consciousness,, you cannot lie to your self. It is very sad indeed.

Love omnaka

The Bible also says God is everything, thus he's the ultimate good as well as the ultimate evil. I have no problems believing that, as much as it unsettles me. It's meant to unsettle you, it's GOD we're talking about after all.

Laughing at another person posting here shows a lack of class. All have valued opinions here... You want it clearer..??.....just look in the mirror...

Maybe they'll have to re-do life, but with an evil twist against themselves, so they can learn about it from the other side of the coin?

rashore, on 16 December 2011 - 03:30 PM, said:

You know, though Becky and I are of different faiths so I can't really agree with the God part, she is right.

No one can know what happens after we die. We all got different notions, but no one can say if any of them are really what happens or not.

Exactly! Everyone exhibits faith in something. I believe that it is sheer arrogance to deny the existence of a creator of this universe and reality that we live in. The afterlife will, I believe, be an experience unlike any we expect.

The Laws of God as presented in the Old Testament. Which would require the observation of a law of separation first off. A true Christian nation observing the moral and judicial laws of God would vastly improve life here on Earth.

That would be a theocracy that would prolly kill all those who choose not to believe or to believe in something else.. thanks but no thanks...

Exactly! Everyone exhibits faith in something. I believe that it is sheer arrogance to deny the existence of a creator of this universe and reality that we live in. The afterlife will, I believe, be an experience unlike any we expect.

It is sheer arrogance to expect others to follow what you have chosen... I follow God but I do not look down thinking those that do not are arrogant... Who am I to pass such lame judgement? Especially IF I cannot ever prove God to anyone?

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Nope, I was correct the first time. The Bible gives these characteristics to God.

God creates evil - Isaiah 45:7

God thinks of evil - Exodus 32:14, Jonah 3:10

God hates certain people - Psalm 5:5, Hosea 9:15, Malachi 1:3, Proverbs 6:16

I fully expect an apologist like yourself will twist the meanings any chance you can get.

I am going to take these verses then apply the NASB literal translation to words and phrases to clear up the "confusion" regarding these words and phrases in the KJV. It is all in how one interprets the wording or phrase. But the message is the same, God represents justice and judgment against moral unlawfulness and wickedness. Calamity being instrumental action.

Isaiah 45:7

King James Version (KJV)

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evilcalamity: I the LORD do all these things.

See Psalm 104:20, Psalm 105:28

Exodus 32:14

King James Version (KJV)

14And the LORD repented of the evilharm which he thought to do unto his people.

Jonah 3:10

King James Version (KJV)

10And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil

wicked way; and God repented of the evilcalamity, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

Proverbs 6:16-19

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

16 There are six things which the LORD hates,

Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him:

17 Haughty eyes, a lying tongue,

And hands that shed innocent blood,

18 A heart that devises wicked plans,

Feet that run rapidly to evil,

19 A false witness who utters lies,

And one who spreads strife among brothers.

No doubt what God hates is immoral, injustifiable, and irresponsible deeds committed by people, what isnt noble about this character? Individuals (or a society) can get seriously hurt, ruined, or die due to these circumstances. Innocence and justice is robbed and blotted out by these abominable deeds.

Edited by Ghost Story

That would be a theocracy that would prolly kill all those who choose not to believe or to believe in something else.. thanks but no thanks...

Right. But I said a law of separation would be implemented like ancient Israel. It is absolutely necessary. That is why the Israelites were commanded to not mix material in their clothing or their harvestable crops or to plow with mixed beast of burdens so that in their everyday domestic lives they were ordorned or worked their fields with the reminder that they werent to inter-marry with other nations (or tribes, peoples, etc) nor intermingle their religious faiths. But remain separate and pure and presentable to the Lord.

Edited by Ghost Story

i don`t think the jugdememt day meant to be that a God judges a person, the person has to know they did wrong within themselves. look how many people get up before a judge feeling their not really gulity.I think thats what Jesus was refering to when he said its the one sin thats not ever forgiven, the sin against the holy spirit, one`s self, because that person when realizes they did wrong, can never really forgive themself, a state of hell. Maybe someone like Hilter and the others are given a chance to make it up by doing some great good somewhere in the universe:)

Hi,

Thinking about serial killers like Jeffry Dahma, Ted Bundy, and evil despots like Hitler, Stalin, Nero, these despicable, deprasved people who, have passed over into some dimension beyond mortal

Where do you think they have gone to in the afterlife?

Did they end up in hell?

Do you think they will have been punished?

Do you think God has just annihilated their souls/spirits?

Or??

Please add your thoughts!!

You cant put Hitler on that list.

Its controversial to say this but if Christainity is correct Jesus and Hitler might be best pals in heaven.

Yeah all the rest are there 100% sure of it. I think they get capital punishment then reincarnated with something nasty in store for them such as becoming road kill under the wheels of a truck.

Edited by Mr Right Wing

I would think they would undergo a sort of life review,where any pain or evil that they have inflicted on anyone would then be experienced and felt by themselves,along with any of the good they have done.Like Karma,what goes around comes around!But then again,I agree-who really knows!

As response to the OP – my simple guess would be that the soul moves on and starts a new life. I don’t believe in the heaven/hell scenario, simply because a soul should not be judged/punished from having a learning experience. The bad is needed just as much as good; otherwise we can’t discern the difference and we will never learn from it.

If I, in my previous life, had chosen a life as a mass murderer killing men, women and children in other to learn what pain it brings not only to me but to others, I would say this is a pretty valuable experience to take with me to next lives.

Besides, what do you define as “evil”? What evil means to you can be entirely different for others.

Maybe they'll have to re-do life, but with an evil twist against themselves, so they can learn about it from the other side of the coin?

I don't think that would be an "evil twist" - it would balance the equation thats all, cause and effect in the ultimate sense.

There are some that think the soul, being directly of God, exits a man at the moment he takes that final step in killing another human being. Some would say the soul could not be a part of that act brought on by unconscious action. I've heard tales of those who feel something being ripped from inside them at such instants.

What is left is an empty vessel which acts mechanically and "soullessly".

Others would say it is a mistake to believe we have a conscious soul at all - that a soul is something we need to grow from the divine spark that is within us - igniting the flame in our hearts so to speak - perhaps evil acts extinguish that spark instead.

Then there are some who will say that the sum of the energy on this earth brings forth these acts - like attracts like and sometimes a "critical mass" of thought is reached which translates to a manifested act of evil by those who are in the right frame of mind (receptive to the released energy) and in the correct place to enact it - a natural result of a surge in consciousness toward a particular direction. This would not make the killer himself the guilty party - but humanity as a whole would share the blame for creating together the conditions for such an act to take place.

Hell/Purgatory the "Avitchie" - perhaps souls do burn until the evil is burned clean and they are a pure spark again - ready to start a new journey, I've heard that too.

These are some of the things I have heard and I am just adding them to the endless possibilities in discussion.

As has been said though, conjecture is all it amounts to, nobody on this side of the grave can say they know for sure what happens or if they did know - they could never convince others it was true unless others learnt for themselves.

Well i too don't believe in hell or heaven but i do believe that our "souls" i called it life energy - Chi, a unknown form of energy that keeps us going, makes us unique is a part of universe, in my theory where it came from. :nw: And when we die this energy is released back out there. How bad or good affects that i don't know, but i think that once in that state you don't care you are not in your body which is conditoned by emotions, you are free to embrace something bigger than god. I guess you have a choice then, reborn with no memories of last body experience, into new life.. or roam consciously through vastness of universe.

Being good or bad is a state of emotion...

As response to the OP – my simple guess would be that the soul moves on and starts a new life. I don’t believe in the heaven/hell scenario, simply because a soul should not be judged/punished from having a learning experience. The bad is needed just as much as good; otherwise we can’t discern the difference and we will never learn from it.

If I, in my previous life, had chosen a life as a mass murderer killing men, women and children in other to learn what pain it brings not only to me but to others, I would say this is a pretty valuable experience to take with me to next lives.

Besides, what do you define as “evil”? What evil means to you can be entirely different for others.

I disagree. And what memories would one have of their previous life? A lesson not known is a lesson not learned. We are responsible for our actions and thoughts in this life not the "next". We hit the pavement running.

Well i too don't believe in hell or heaven but i do believe that our "souls" i called it life energy - Chi, a unknown form of energy that keeps us going, makes us unique is a part of universe, in my theory where it came from. :nw: And when we die this energy is released back out there. How bad or good affects that i don't know, but i think that once in that state you don't care you are not in your body which is conditoned by emotions, you are free to embrace something bigger than god. I guess you have a choice then, reborn with no memories of last body experience, into new life.. or roam consciously through vastness of universe.

Being good or bad is a state of emotion...

The Bible speaks in definitions of light and darkness, pure and impure, forgiveness and vengeance, spiritual and carnal, salvation and condemnation, imperfect and perfect, etc. Stark black & white, thus there is nothing grey. Guilty of one, guilty for all. Perhaps grey is even more unacceptable than black when marking potential impenitance, obstinacy, presumption, and self-righteousness.

I disagree. And what memories would one have of their previous life? A lesson not known is a lesson not learned. We are responsible for our actions and thoughts in this life not the "next". We hit the pavement running.

There wouldn’t be any physical memory of the previous life of course, unless you truly want to remember. I take it you mean memory as in what you remember here and now. I’m talking about lessons for the soul itself – the being you truly are.

I completely agree that we are responsible for our actions, but that doesn’t mean we will be judged or punished for them afterwards - whether they are what people perceive as “good” or “evil”.

There wouldn’t be any physical memory of the previous life of course, unless you truly want to remember. I take it you mean memory as in what you remember here and now. I’m talking about lessons for the soul itself – the being you truly are.

I completely agree that we are responsible for our actions, but that doesn’t mean we will be judged or punished for them afterwards - whether they are what people perceive as “good” or “evil”.

Once again I disagree, our lives are our lesson, our hearts are our lessons, our emotions are our lessons. Do we ever truly honestly evaluate ourselves? Well God does and states in Jeremiah 17:9-10 "The heart is more deceitful THAN ALL ELSE AND IS DESPERATELY SICK; Who can understand it? I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind, even to give to each man according to his ways, according to the results of his deeds.

Because, keep in mind, for the majority of evil-doers, they weren't aware that they were being evil.

Although I don't know the specifics for the people mentioned, I do agree mentally ill people cannot, usually, be held responsible for their actions. If a serial killer truly believed he was, for example, ridding the world of alien overlords when he was sniping people leaving the mall, that has to be taken into account.

This so called absorption into God would pollute his infinitely perfect, spirit with hate, evil, darkness, depravity and negativity

It always troubles me when people think perfect means really, really good. After all, a ball of feces is perfect to a dung beetle.

i dont believe that. if god is infinitely perfect, then there cannot be hate evil etc. within. those are human characteristics, not divine.

God supposedly created everything, right? Of course he created evil and such. Saying otherwise is putting Satan (I assume) on the same footing as God. Why would one troublesome angel have so much power? Where did he get it from if not from God? (If you believe such things.)

I personally believe in reincarnation, though I believe sentient and sapient beings are only reincarnated into the same (no coming back as a snail). People such as Hitler and Dahmer which were a trial for others during their current lifetime will have trials of their own the next go around. The infinite always balances.

Edited by Purplos