Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where do souls of evil people go after death?

Alan McDougall

Once again I disagree, our lives are our lesson, our hearts are our lessons, our emotions are our lessons. Do we ever truly honestly evaluate ourselves? Well God does and states in Jeremiah 17:9-10 "The heart is more deceitful THAN ALL ELSE AND IS DESPERATELY SICK; Who can understand it? I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind, even to give to each man according to his ways, according to the results of his deeds.

But what would God need to evaluate, if there is nothing to be evaluated? We carry out the experience we have set for ourselves; things we want to see and do, in order to learn the values from our actions. It does not require an external being for us to feel and learn from the pain or happiness we experience through our life – it only takes you.

What would you consider being punishable evil in the eyes of God?

It always troubles me when people think perfect means really, really good. After all, a ball of feces is perfect to a dung beetle.

What does a dung beetle know about good and evil? Morality and immorality? Or rather what conscience good and evil does a dung beetle commit? What lies in the heart of a dung beetle?

God supposedly created everything, right? Of course he created evil and such. Saying otherwise is putting Satan (I assume) on the same footing as God. Why would one troublesome angel have so much power? Where did he get it from if not from God? (If you believe such things.)

I personally believe in reincarnation, though I believe sentient and sapient beings are only reincarnated into the same (no coming back as a snail). People such as Hitler and Dahmer which were a trial for others during their current lifetime will have trials of their own the next go around. The infinite always balances.

I reject the idea of transitory souls into reincarnation. We are responsible for the present life here, and now while we still have life in our breathe in our lungs and pumping blood in our hearts. What would the purpose if perfection is unachievable and unobtainable anyways? Eternal square-dancing achieves nothing and the world certainly has not gotten any better for it.

The Bible speaks in definitions of light and darkness, pure and impure, forgiveness and vengeance, spiritual and carnal, salvation and condemnation, imperfect and perfect, etc. Stark black & white, thus there is nothing grey. Guilty of one, guilty for all. Perhaps grey is even more unacceptable than black when marking potential impenitance, obstinacy, presumption, and self-righteousness.

Ok i didn't understand that very well, i mean the meaning of it. It's about ones soul, and where it goes after death.

But what would God need to evaluate, if there is nothing to be evaluated? We carry out the experience we have set for ourselves; things we want to see and do, in order to learn the values from our actions. It does not require an external being for us to feel and learn from the pain or happiness we experience through our life – it only takes you.

Life is a one shot deal, into eternal life or eternal death, until the resurrection.

Sin is punishable in the eyes of God and the wages are death.

Ok i didn't understand that very well, i mean the meaning of it. It's about ones soul, and where it goes after death.

IMO, the soul is a "composite" of the individual, its conscience and its emotions and its desires. That's what I am saying. It never loses its identity. It is not on "wash, rinse, repeat" cycle.

IMO, the soul is a "composite" of the individual, its conscience and its emotions and its desires. That's what I am saying. It never loses its identity. It is not on "wash, rinse, repeat" cycle.

Yup pretty much similar to my opinion, i just think it is without emotions, they stay in body even when it dies, i take it emotions are a brain function, not a soul function.

Yup pretty much similar to my opinion, i just think it is without emotions, they stay in body even when it dies, i take it emotions are a brain function, not a soul function.

Well, I believe emotions remain with the soul as the descriptions of heaven and hell fit describe emotions too.

Well, I believe emotions remain with the soul as the descriptions of heaven and hell fit describe emotions too.

Quite possible, on this topic everything is possible.

of course, all of this 1. assumes the existence of a soul 2. assumes that a "soul" survives death (rather than being an emergent property of brain function that dies when the brain does) 3. a definitive definition of both "good" and "evil" 4. that an afterlife is effected by "good" or "evil" actions (because in this life such qualifiers certainly do not decide the quality of one's existence)

I think all these assumption should be dealt with (or at least defined first) to have a rational discussion about this.

I concurr!

Love Omnaka

Hi,

Thinking about serial killers like Jeffry Dahma, Ted Bundy, and evil despots like Hitler, Stalin, Nero, these despicable, deprasved people who, have passed over into some dimension beyond mortal

Where do you think they have gone to in the afterlife?

Did they end up in hell?

Do you think they will have been punished?

Do you think God has just annihilated their souls/spirits?

Or??

Please add your thoughts!!

I Think or what i know or have experienced Nde, that there are different levels or areas in hell, Depend on how much evil or bad things you did in your life or to others. when i had a NDE I SAW ALL THE GOOD THINGS THAT I DID AND BAD THING LIKE IT WAS A CALCULATION OR A BALANCE OF WHAT YOU HAVE DONE IN LIFE. AFTER I SAW THAT I WAS NOT SURE IF I DID GOOD ENOUGH TO REACH THE HEAVEN OR IF I DID BAD OR EVIL ENOUGH TO GO TO HELL.

BUT I HAD A TASTE OF BOTH, I SAW JUST A LITTLE OF HEAVEN AND HELL. aND I WAKE UP WITH THE FEELING THAT I WAS GAVE A SECOND CHANCE , WITH A WARNING THAT I WAS A THE EDGE OR BETWEEN OR NEUTRAL WITH THE GOOD AND THE BAD THINGS.

I THINK ALSO PEOPLE LIKE HITLER,TEDD BUNDY ETC WILL SEE ALL THEIR DEEDS WHAT THEY HAVE DONE IN THEIR LIFE! THE WILL BE QUESTIONED BY WHO EVER IS IN CHARGE IN THE KINGDOM, THAT DEELS WITH HUMANS WHEN ENTER IN THIS WAITING PLACE BEFORE JUDGEMENT DAY.

WHAT I KNOW TILL KNOW IS THAT EVERY HUMAN HAS 2 ANGELS WITH HIM FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, THEY ARE WRITING EVERYTHING DOWN 1 IS ON THE LEFT AND 1 ON THE RIGHT, THEY WRITE THE GOOD AND THE BAD THINGS , GOOD INTENTION OR BAD INTENTIONS AND IF YOU CHANGE INTENTIONS INTO DEEDS, GOOD OR BAD.

EVERY DAY, THEY SWAP EVERY DAY FOR OTHER 2 ANGELS THAT WILL THEN WRITE DOWN THE NEXT DAY AGAIN WHEN IT STARTS. THE 2 ANGELS THAT SWAPP GOES TO GOD AND REPORT YOUR FILES OF YOUR LIFE OF THAT DAY, THEY ALSO PRAY FOR YOU OR ASK GOD to forgive you if the angels think its worth to forgive or to help you, or they do care about us humans. Then its up to God what he will do every day.

When you die, you will be in a certain waiting place , where you will be also questioned by other angels or the 2 angels that write down everything about you.

they will question you for you believe in God,why or why not? about the prophets that send the word of God to us humans, why or why not.

About you Deeds Why did you do good or why did you do Bad?

its like a sort court at the kingdom. You are responsable for what you did in life? some deeds can be that you didnt do with any Bad intentions, and can be forgiven, others deed you did with bad intentions and turn them also in real bad deeds, like hitler for example.

He killed a lot of people,it was a horror deed indeed. So i think you can get a very heavy Punish in hell for doing horror things. i only have read what horroble punishments will be awaiting for people . Like being in a place in hell where your body is getting burned till your skinn is melted away and then the process starts al over again and you will feel the pain of the flames again.

i think you have different levels or places depends how big your Sin is.

Offcourse i believe that even some people that did killing or realy bad things can be forgiven by God, if those people killed someone but , did not realy wanted to kill them, and that they stopp doing it or do something in return etc and Accept God with true INside love and ask for forgiveness to God, then God can forgive them , and God is God he knows everything and is also mercefull. Nobody can hide from him what a human is thinking or intentions or regret. But God will decide that.

Hell is a place where you will be realy scared and will feel pain that you can imagen.

If hell is infinity for those people, i dont know, maybe you have a time limit in hell. What i know is that only God is infinity and perfect he made hell so normal is that if something or a place is created you have a time limit . but what do i know, depends more What God Decide how long a evil human stay in hell.

Also if you are in this waiting place before judgement day, when the angels are asking you questions, true or fals question about your deeds and life.

if you lie! then your body,hands,eyes,ears,feet etc will be witness and will talk to you what you have done with your hands,where you have been,see,heared and said etc. so you cant lie , even if you try to hide your secrets.

But there is also Heaven for people that did good things! What i know of it is or read , that you will be having a young age there forever , you will look very beautiful, like the age of 23 for example. you have your houses there also how those houses look like i dont know, probaly much more nicer.

i hope they have a xbox 360 also. well in short explaination perfect life without worries.

everybody is equal. you will have the most beautifull girlfriend ever, that you wont look to other womans, because God made your eyes only to see your girlfriend in heaven as the most perfect beautiful girl ever for you.

you will have riviers of so many different drinks ! what that mean i dont know.

I just hope i can play Superman in heaven in my own world that God maybe will allow me to have if i will be granted in Heaven. because i dont know where i will be going when i die? i just keep on doing and trying to do good things and hope that he will accept me in heaven so i can play infinity xbox 360 games and more.

i hope they have a xbox 360 also. well in short explaination perfect life without worries
There is evil in the X Box... Eeeeeviilllll .. EVIL I tell ya... It fries your brain and makes you think evil is everywhere tongue.gif

There is evil in the X Box... Eeeeeviilllll .. EVIL I tell ya... It fries your brain and makes you think evil is everywhere tongue.gif

hahhahaha, exactly i just think, my opion how people can make such a marvelous equipment or console to play games or to be in a virtual world, where you can do almost everything what you like. battlefield 3,red dead redemption, mario bros, i tell you life would be a lot more boring without those consoles. At least if i was born for a reason, then i am happy that it was in the time of the computers.

maybe in the future we will be having Robots that do our things to make life more easier. but maybe we will have lesser jobs. or we have to study again how to make software for robots to earn our living.

hahhahaha, exactly i just think, my opion how people can make such a marvelous equipment or console to play games or to be in a virtual world, where you can do almost everything what you like. battlefield 3,red dead redemption, mario bros, i tell you life would be a lot more boring without those consoles. At least if i was born for a reason, then i am happy that it was in the time of the computers.

maybe in the future we will be having Robots that do our things to make life more easier. but maybe we will have lesser jobs. or we have to study again how to make software for robots to earn our living.

How would you have been able to cope if you grew up in the late 70's and 80's with no computer games like the X Box?... And you would have to go out and find real friends?

That's how it was for my generation.. we went outdoors more and found real friends and were more sociable yes.gif

The Bible speaks in definitions of light and darkness, pure and impure, forgiveness and vengeance, spiritual and carnal, salvation and condemnation, imperfect and perfect, etc. Stark black & white, thus there is nothing grey. Guilty of one, guilty for all. Perhaps grey is even more unacceptable than black when marking potential impenitance, obstinacy, presumption, and self-righteousness.

You have to remember the bible is the book from which manicheism came out of and is in fact manichean before Mani himself. Life is not black and white, good and evil.

Life is a one shot deal, into eternal life or eternal death, until the resurrection.

Sin is punishable in the eyes of God and the wages are death.

Could you tell me why he refuses the concepts of abortion and other means of stopping procreation and then allow those kids new born to die of thirst, hunger? Ha yeah, the weren't baptized then. Sorry I forgot.

I reject the idea of transitory souls into reincarnation.

That's fine. :)

We are responsible for the present life here, and now while we still have life in our breathe in our lungs and pumping blood in our hearts.

I agree.

What would the purpose if perfection is unachievable and unobtainable anyways? Eternal square-dancing achieves nothing and the world certainly has not gotten any better for it.

What purpose does any possible outcome of death have? The only thing I can think of is, perhaps, a slight increase in organic compost at the grave site if you get buried "green" and not with the lacquered coffin and chemicals. Going to heaven achieves no great purpose, or purgatory, or hell or reincarnation or nothingness. Why does there have to be a purpose?

Could you tell me why he refuses the concepts of abortion and other means of stopping procreation and then allow those kids new born to die of thirst, hunger? Ha yeah, the weren't baptized then. Sorry I forgot.

He already gave His solution, stop having sex outside of marriage. Devote yourself to one man or devote yourself to one woman. Become one flesh. Love your children, THE MIRACLE OF YOUR UNION UNDER GOD.

You have to remember the bible is the book from which manicheism came out of and is in fact manichean before Mani himself. Life is not black and white, good and evil.

I fully disagree, the world is condemned ALREADY neither is the world EVER governed right. But God sent Jesus to save us from sharing in its judgment and our own destruction. Loving God means hating the values of the current world. Loving God means separating ourselves from the values of the world and instilling Biblical values into our lives. Loving God means taking a personal stand, a quiet peaceful personal rebellion (against the world, the flesh, and the Devil), and living accordingly.

If one believes that if a person is truly sorry and accepts Jesus, no matter what they have done in their lifetime, they can still go to heaven? Still.... it boggles the human mind to fathom that any of the people mentioned by the OP could possibly go to heaven. But then, thank Heaven that it isn't my job to judge because I would not want that job! I think that total forgiveness is outside of human understanding. How many times has anyone had a friend apologised for something that they have done and we say 'okay I accept your apology' and then we never really forget what it was that they did to us in the first place. So if God is to forgive people who have commited atrocities such as mentioned, I would think (in my limited human capacity) that God would truly forgive and forget in such a way that I could never truly understand. Is Heaven a democracy do you think? Do you think that there is a panel, a jury, more than one person that makes decisions, a collective, a vote system, or is it just the Big Guy who makes all the decisions who is allowed into Heaven? If it's a vote type situation, I doubt any of the people mentioned would be let into Heaven. If it is God making all the decisions, I will go on believing that whatever he decides is fair and just and right and wouldn't want to make him angry by even thinking that I could possibly have an opinion on this subject. It's sort of like not crossing your bosses decision - but on a much larger scale!

True True,But I do not think these madmen repented on there last minute of life,They were crazy and Like I said "MADMEN".

I fully disagree, the world is condemned ALREADY neither is the world EVER governed right. But God sent Jesus to save us from sharing in its judgment and our own destruction. Loving God means hating the values of the current world. Loving God means separating ourselves from the values of the world and instilling Biblical values into our lives. Loving God means taking a personal stand, a quiet peaceful personal rebellion (against the world, the flesh, and the Devil), and living accordingly.

How can Jesus be a savior when you where just talking about ushering in gods kingdom by the destruction of the world?

It's your god that condemned the world.

I am going to take these verses then apply the NASB literal translation to words and phrases to clear up the "confusion" regarding these words and phrases in the KJV. It is all in how one interprets the wording or phrase. But the message is the same, God represents justice and judgment against moral unlawfulness and wickedness. Calamity being instrumental action.

Semantics.

Isaiah 45:7

King James Version (KJV)

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evilcalamity: I the LORD do all these things.

See Psalm 104:20, Psalm 105:28

Exodus 32:14

King James Version (KJV)

14And the LORD repented of the evilharm which he thought to do unto his people.

Jonah 3:10

King James Version (KJV)

10And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil

wicked way; and God repented of the evilcalamity, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

Proverbs 6:16-19

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

God's not evil, he just wants to harm people. :rolleyes:

Yeah, totally *not* evil. lol. Thanks for clearing that up.

Edited by Rlyeh

Semantics.

God's not evil, he just wants to harm people. :rolleyes:

Yeah, totally *not* evil. lol. Thanks for clearing that up.

It is called divine judgment or wrath of God. God punishes peoples when they exhaust His patience and mercy by not repenting and turning back from their destructive sins and destructive ungodly behaviors. They can achieve the fullness of their sins.

Edited by Ghost Story

How can Jesus be a savior when you where just talking about ushering in gods kingdom by the destruction of the world?

It's your god that condemned the world.

When I said the world I meant humanity at large. There is no salvation nor eternal life for the sinner besides through Christ.

It is called divine judgment or wrath of God. God punishes peoples when they exhaust His patience and mercy by not repenting and turning back from their destructive sins and destructive ungodly behaviors. They can achieve the fullness of their sins.

Well in that case I will join the rebellion. I will be glad to die standing against such tyranny.

The fundamentalist Christian god makes Satan look like robin hood, god look like the prince, and priest/preachers look like the shariff.

Jealously, extortion, threatening, vengeful, eletest, and highly unpredictable and hard to please or else you are dead. This sounds more like a devil. A loveing being could be none of those things. But hey, who says the creator has to be loving.