Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where do souls of evil people go after death?

Alan McDougall

Go to a lake of fire and fry,

If you believe this.. Tell me the purpose of frying people in fire for eternity... what can be achieved from this? And how to it right the wrong?

Also, why is the religious always willing to beleive in vile torture?

Edited by Beckys_Mom

As I have said before it is Birds of a feather in the afterlife, these evil people go to a place where they can enjoy eternity with those of their own kind, Bundy with other Bundies out to murder rape and eat him, just like he did to innocent others during his short evil depraved and reprobate life, etc, etc, etc

If you believe this.. Tell me the purpose of frying people in fire for eternity... what can be achieved from this? And how to it right the wrong?

Also, why is the religious always willing to beleive in vile torture?

Only humans would make up a story with a deity that would use the threat of torture for eternity as punishment for not blindly following him and still say he does it out of eternal "love".

Incidentally, the concepts of right and wrong are wholly made human concepts. That's why we have so many insane people following their imaginations and making wars over it. Humans are barbaric. Civilized, not so much.

Heh, I love ya Geri. ^_^

Only humans would make up a story with a deity that would use the threat of torture for eternity as punishment for not blindly following him and still say he does it out of eternal "love".

Incidentally, the concepts of right and wrong are wholly made human concepts. That's why we have so many insane people following their imaginations and making wars over it. Humans are barbaric. Civilized, not so much.

Heh, I love ya Geri. ^_^

Of course it is made up... It comes directly from humans...Each will add on parts of their own version off how they think it may happen

I find a lot of religious people thinking too heavy on torture and vile things more so than they think on love and happy solutions...logic even ..I don't think logic and morals fall into it.. not when they want to blast others....Injecting fear is their goal... What a sad outlook that is ..So sad that a lot of these people look forward to the end of times for everyone else to die, while they selfishly believe they will be saved and everyone else will suffer

I cannot ever imagine being so morbid, vile, and selfish ...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Hi,

Thinking about serial killers like Jeffry Dahma, Ted Bundy, and evil despots like Hitler, Stalin, Nero, these despicable, deprasved people who, have passed over into some dimension beyond mortal

Where do you think they have gone to in the afterlife?

Did they end up in hell?

Do you think they will have been punished?

Do you think God has just annihilated their souls/spirits?

Or??

Please add your thoughts!!

If considering your Gods answer to your question the body goes back to the minerals it came from and the spirit goes back from where it came from

I read a "what if everyone who died was reborn in a city at the end of the universe" speculative fiction once that had poetic justice being met out on such people. Hitler was imprisoned in a tower in a "Jewish district" of the city, surrounded by playgrounds so all he heard day after day was people (potentially the victims of his regime) laughing and enjoying themselves.

• 1 month later...

torment? What if you cut the nerves which is responsible for pain from your brain?

• 4 years later...

I truly believe there is a God. I have lied to my mom and when I told her friend that I lied she then told my mom. My mom's cecsarian scar started itching really bad for 2 days straight

evil spirits go to hell after death in the short term.  in the long term the end up in outer darkness.  they being those pointed in the op.

All souls go into the void which is the nothingness. All hope, prayers, and faith give you comfort from reality.

Edited by XenoFish

Because religion was created by people to control other people and 'god' is the boogieman, which is used to enforce whatever religion those people followed.

It's a fear tactic. Do as we say are you'll go to hell where you'll be punished forever.

If you're questioning your religions beliefs follow the logic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Badperson said:

But why would God send people to hell?

training.  second chance.

Edited by danielost

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Because religion was created by people to control other people and 'god' is the boogieman, which is used to enforce whatever religion those people followed.

It's a fear tactic. Do as we say are you'll go to hell where you'll be punished forever.

If you're questioning your religions beliefs follow the logic.

your void is the purest form of hell.

1 minute ago, danielost said:

your void is the purest form of hell.

The reason you believe is because there is a deep down emotional need to validate your existence. You need to find a purpose to live for because our lives are purposeless. When you strip away the myth and the fantasy you're left with nothing. The idea of some eternal punishment is sadistic in so many ways. Like a sick desire for revenge when you know you can't do anything to someone. So you believe that 'God' will punish the none believers, the sinners. It's kind of a morbid fantasy really.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

The reason you believe is because there is a deep down emotional need to validate your existence. You need to find a purpose to live for because our lives are purposeless. When you strip away the myth and the fantasy you're left with nothing. The idea of some eternal punishment is sadistic in so many ways. Like a sick desire for revenge when you know you can't do anything to someone. So you believe that 'God' will punish the none believers, the sinners. It's kind of a morbid fantasy really.

no, the reason I believe is because of my first thought.  the day i was I born, "so this is life!!!".

1 hour ago, danielost said:

no, the reason I believe is because of my first thought.  the day i was I born, "so this is life!!!".

I didn't say hell was punishment.  I said training and a second chance.  that is what hell is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, danielost said:

I didn't say hell was punishment.  I said training and a second chance.  that is what hell is.

My father touched me when I was younger and has recently died. I have forgiven him but I don't want him to be tortured. So I hope he is given a second chance

Edited by Badperson

Who cares. He's dead. The important things is that you've cleared your consciousness of any residual negative feelings. Why punish yourself for the fate (are lack of) someone else. (No I'm not always a nice guy and I will be blunt with my comments)

That's ok. I guess because he is my father and I like to think of him resting in peace and not otherwise.. 

29 minutes ago, Badperson said:

That's ok. I guess because he is my father and I like to think of him resting in peace and not otherwise.. 

You're a lot more forgiving than I am :huh:

• Like 1