Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Huge edible Christmas hut out of gingerbread

Still Waters

A hotel in China has spread festive cheer to its guests by constructing a Christmas hut in the lobby - made entirely out of gingerbread.

The hut, at the five-star Four Points hotel in the eastern province of Lianyungang, features a host edible festive decorations including stockings, reindeer and Santa Claus figures.

Hotel staff estimated that the structure cost 30,000 Yuan (£3,000) to create, using 250kg of flour, 300 bottles of honey, 50kg of sugar and a large amount of cream and chocolate.

A spokesperson commented: 'It took more than 30 staff 20 days.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greywolf

• Still Waters

• Corp

• xYlvax

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww that's just gorgeous! I guess if you felt a bit peckish whilst working there you could just take a bite out of the wall or nibble on the window ledge here and there. LOL

That gingerbread house looks absolutely delicious. I wonder what they are going to do with it once the Christmas season is over. I would hate to see it go to waste.

I would love to see this tackled by Adam Richman on Man vs Food...Man vs Food vs Building

"300 bottles of honey" Blessed be the bees!

*waits for follow up story about children being cooked and eaten*

:P

Yes, it's like the fairy tale "Hansel and Gretel". I thought about the witch, too.

MMM makes one want to visit with a can of coffee to go with it lol LETS EAT hehe