Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to have an Out of Body Experience

Alan McDougall

How to have an out of body experience (By Alan McDougall)

Greetings I hope someone find this of interest

The mind or soul is definitely separate from the physical brain

The Trigger of out of body experience

First lie down in a darkened room in a relaxing position. (Or sit)

Loosen your clothing and remove all jewellery.

Try to clear your mind and observe what I call eyelid visions

After a while, you may notice light patterns, peoples, animals colors etc

Enter the first phase of sleep but retain awareness

Wait until you begin to feel a vibration, like a swarm of bees usually around or near your head

Try to move your body. If you are unable to move you have reached the vital stage of hypnagogic sleep paralysis

Now you might feel pressure on your body like being squeezed by a great hand

Let it happen, do not get afraid, the buzzing vibration might get more intense and louder. You have nothing to be scared about just give in to the coming experience

Imagine rolling out of your bed or flouting up to the ceiling if you like

And then , maybe that very night you might leave your body and find yourself floating below the ceiling looking down on your resting sleeping physical body,

Strange as it might seem you might be aware of what your physical body and your etheriall body are experience at the same moment

Like any explorer you can explore further and future as you become more of an adept at leaving your body

You can then explore the earth and later maybe the universe

Love

Alan

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• White Crane Feather

• Anon E. Mouse

• acute

• Verdi

Like any explorer you can explore further and future as you become more of an adept at leaving your body

and when your really good you of course can project/OBe whilst driveing a car (look at traffic conditions etc), safely of course, my longest OBe is of around 7 seconds at a speed of around 110 km/h, maybe around 2 seconds for projecting and highest speed is around 135 km/h for OBe, not long though...

"love all" will help ya get their as it puts ya at the higher consciousness where of course the prime minds abilities are, hence my bottom line...

good luck

love

How to have an out of body experience (By Alan McDougall)

Greetings I hope someone find this of interest

The mind or soul is definitely separate from the physical brain

The Trigger of out of body experience

First lie down in a darkened room in a relaxing position. (Or sit)

Loosen your clothing and remove all jewellery.

Try to clear your mind and observe what I call eyelid visions

After a while, you may notice light patterns, peoples, animals colors etc

Enter the first phase of sleep but retain awareness

Wait until you begin to feel a vibration, like a swarm of bees usually around or near your head

Try to move your body. If you are unable to move you have reached the vital stage of hypnagogic sleep paralysis

Now you might feel pressure on your body like being squeezed by a great hand

Let it happen, do not get afraid, the buzzing vibration might get more intense and louder. You have nothing to be scared about just give in to the coming experience

Imagine rolling out of your bed or flouting up to the ceiling if you like

And then , maybe that very night you might leave your body and find yourself floating below the ceiling looking down on your resting sleeping physical body,

Strange as it might seem you might be aware of what your physical body and your etheriall body are experience at the same moment

Love

Alan

Hi Alan,

The eyelid visions are known in the science world as nural discharges....

Also I wanted to add in your tutorial people will have much better luck if they do it very early in the morning.

Thanks for contributing. There is soon going to to be an astral travel pinned thread and FAQ. Would you mind contributing there aswell. As soon as they get it up. I feel it's imperative we have as many experienced perspectives as possible.

Hi Alan,

The eyelid visions are known in the science world as nural discharges....

Also I wanted to add in your tutorial people will have much better luck if they do it very early in the morning.

Thanks for contributing. There is soon going to to be an astral travel pinned thread and FAQ. Would you mind contributing there aswell. As soon as they get it up. I feel it's imperative we have as many experienced perspectives as possible.

HI Seeker,

I ,would be very happy to contribute because it is a topic that I am very interested, while we might not ever be able to travel the unimagiably vast distances between the stars and galaxies in metal spaceships because they will always be too slow even if they go at the speed of light. This spiritual way of travel can traverse the universe instantaniously and help us make huge advanses in science and as yet unknown knowledge

HI Seeker,

I ,would be very happy to contribute because it is a topic that I am very interested, while we might not ever be able to travel the unimagiably vast distances between the stars and galaxies in metal spaceships because they will always be too slow even if they go at the speed of light. This spiritual way of travel can traverse the universe instantaniously and help us make huge advanses in science and as yet unknown knowledge

I agree.

We do not have to build spaceships to travel to the stars we are already there. As soon a everyone gets this humanity can get on with it's progress.

I agree.

We do not have to build spaceships to travel to the stars we are already there. As soon a everyone gets this humanity can get on with it's progress.

this reminds me of "childhood's end" by Arthur C. Clarke :)

• 2 weeks later...

If I want to have an outer body experience, I just put Skyrim in third person rather than first person.

..That's just a joke. And it was either that or "I used to have outer body experiences, until I took an outer-body arrow to the knee."

If I want to have an outer body experience, I just put Skyrim in third person rather than first person.

..That's just a joke. And it was either that or "I used to have outer body experiences, until I took an outer-body arrow to the knee."

I'm sorry im not sure what skyrim is or what you ment my putting it in third person?!! :(

Here

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219629&pid=4158747&st=15entry4158747

Edited by Seeker79

It is only the best video game of this generation!

Ahhh got it. That explaines my ignorance. :)

I think I might be able to have an out-of-body experience, but I put a mental block on it.

I worry about ....well...... dying!

If we leave our body during physical death, what is to stop a physical death occuring when we leave our body?

the whole theme of this seems to be fall asleep and dream.

congratulations relaxing, sleeping and rem conciousness is possible.

I think I might be able to have an out-of-body experience, but I put a mental block on it.

If we leave our body during physical death, what is to stop a physical death occuring when we leave our body?

the whole theme of this seems to be fall asleep and dream.

congratulations relaxing, sleeping and rem conciousness is possible.

Not dreaming. Proven. If you want to put a label on it, a scientist would call it more of an induced hypnogogia..,, but that's not totally accurate either.

when you first start having OBEs there is a since of dying. I suggest protecting yourself before;that will relieve some of your anxiety.Once you get past the fear things become interesting. Also thinking in the physical will cut your experience short. You can't think in the physical when you're not in the physical. Many people speak of a silver cord being attached. I have never once seen a silver cord. I did not try to have OBEs, I had them without knowing what they were and I did think I was dying. After talking to someone experienced in this area I relaxed about it. What you know physically does not apply when you are outside your body. I have had some interesting experience but by no mean can I do this at will.

Stress (for me) seems to prohibit these experiences.

I hope this helped.