Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Right... Ok.. Any other suggestions which you might have??

I went through the pinned post... With regard to projection signs-- the only thing i`ve felt is the vibrations... these die down after about 10 secs or so... The pinned post suggests a "roll out" technique or to just get up... Will give that a shot today... But could you also suggest how i might find a technique that suits me best? An exit technique...

Another doubt that i had... When you astral project?? Are the perceptions similar to a dream like state?? Or similar to what we percieve in the physical world?? I know these are probably covered in the FAQ`s.. But it does make a difference when you interact with someone with the experience... Sorry for all the bother...

Thanks

Go back to my tutorial. There is a link there for a PDF that has 66 exits. Many different ways to exit. You should pick one close to the way you learn things best. I am very tactile. For me an exit is a very "physical" thing. For the most part Its just like moving in normal reality minus flying and floating of course.

Perceptions.....well here is the deal it's about memory. Yes the memory of your OBE may have a dream like fuzziness. And your memory is reality of an event for you.... But. But. But. During the OBE you experience everything as crystal clear even more so than normal reality. It's a simple matter of noticing the quality of reality during your OBE... So that you can latter recall your feeling of clarity even though your memory is starting to fuzz. It's kinda like tring To rember something from a few days ago. Makeing a mental note to remember something anchors it better. I can't be sure, but my guess is that astral experiences download straight to long term memory completely bypassing short term memory in our brains.

• Like 2

Also, I think you should simplify your awareness meditation. Yours seems complex. Creating the proper space is simply about holding your awareness. Thinking about a bunch of chakras and such and shifting my awareness around would probably hold me back... But that's just me,

• Like 1

I find this very helpful, so I want to thank all the members before aking a little question.

My utter desire is to be able to astral project, however, fear is holding me down like it is usually.

You have all been speaking about the benifits of Astral projection, yet never mentionned the dangers. Is it because there are none ?

I've seen a lot of websites that claims that the dangers of Astral projection are very deadly. Like this one women here

If you read through, you'll find that what she has faced (if its' all not fake) is probably very dangerous.

I will excited to hear your responce. >:3

I find this very helpful, so I want to thank all the members before aking a little question.

My utter desire is to be able to astral project, however, fear is holding me down like it is usually.

You have all been speaking about the benifits of Astral projection, yet never mentionned the dangers. Is it because there are none ?

I've seen a lot of websites that claims that the dangers of Astral projection are very deadly. Like this one women here

If you read through, you'll find that what she has faced (if its' all not fake) is probably very dangerous.

I will excited to hear your responce. >:3

You can't be hurt. That website in my opinion is plain silly. Of course people think I'm silly to.

Dont listen to the junk about demons and possession. There are some nasty occurrences out of body, but this is a result of fear manifestation. Fear is your demon. It's a self perpetuating one at that. But it has no power other than what you give it.

Don't get me wrong. There is an ecology of sorts in the depths, but nothing like angles VS demons. This is an entirely human concept.

The biggest risk you take under common methods is disturbing your sleep cycle a bit.

Some will disagree with me, but I don't beleive in spiritual evil. I do beleive in human evil, and you do take it with you into the spirit world. In the depths thoughts are instant realities evil is an ultimate expression of fear. An evil being would be completely useless. Fear causes chaos there.

I recently meditated my way into a very intense place. I learned that the human mind is capable of self torture bringing every insane fear to manifestation. The trick is simply to give it all up. Surrender any kind of reaction to fear. Adopt an I don't care attitude and whatch how these "demons " fall away and the universe opens up.

Sorry to rant. I severely dislike the fear mongering out there.

• Like 4

You can't be hurt. That website in my opinion is plain silly. Of course people think I'm silly to.

Dont listen to the junk about demons and possession. There are some nasty occurrences out of body, but this is a result of fear manifestation. Fear is your demon. It's a self perpetuating one at that. But it has no power other than what you give it.

Don't get me wrong. There is an ecology of sorts in the depths, but nothing like angles VS demons. This is an entirely human concept.

The biggest risk you take under common methods is disturbing your sleep cycle a bit.

Some will disagree with me, but I don't beleive in spiritual evil. I do beleive in human evil, and you do take it with you into the spirit world. In the depths thoughts are instant realities evil is an ultimate expression of fear. An evil being would be completely useless. Fear causes chaos there.

I recently meditated my way into a very intense place. I learned that the human mind is capable of self torture bringing every insane fear to manifestation. The trick is simply to give it all up. Surrender any kind of reaction to fear. Adopt an I don't care attitude and whatch how these "demons " fall away and the universe opens up.

Sorry to rant. I severely dislike the fear mongering out there.

Thank you very much for your help; I am sure as hell going to try this tonight. Maybe use different techniques and see which one fits the most with me. :)

A lot of imposters are crazily running around the net claiming all kind of things, from possessions to "Astral Vampires".

It's reassuring to see someone with actual experience.

Thank you again.

Hello,

Good to see that you have got it started Seeker.

I will be adding my Astral Projection segment soon. Been busy with xmas/family.

PoP, it's good to know that everyone has their own experience of the astral realms, and how they 'perceive' is down to their own unique filters on life. Filters being our perceptions which are shaped by our beliefs and experiences. That is what makes us unique and that is what produces such a diverse range of 'astral accounts and encounters'. However this effect at the level of the primitive/ego mind introduces a serious flaw to how we process what our many filters try to cope with in making something fit our realm of understanding. That means there is always going to be an element of distortion to the truth in every story and account.

When one lacks the raw experience, then the belief or dogma they have taken on either sub consciously or consciously will fill in the gaps and create an understanding which comfortably fits said belief system and ego. Or if 'a' belief system is so heavily ingrained into the being then even their raw experiences will be influenced in the way their belief system shapes their perceptions. There is great value in learning to understand this flaw if you do intend to get into astral projection and learning to discern for yourself what is true.

When you said, and let me quote - "Imposters running crazily around the net claiming all kind of things, from possessions to "Astral Vampires" --know that they probably believe their experiences are valid and that they will have their reasons for perceiving and labelling those things as they do. Fear is most likely the number one reason, but it doesn't mean that there is zil nothing to it.

It of course doesn't mean they are right either, but they experienced 'something' and there could be xyz million amount of reasons as to why they did. Maybe it's their path to, or maybe they are lost and their reality is so out of control on other levels due to their actions and reactions here or on the astral levels (more this later)

Rejecting what doesn't sit with you as truth is fine, but rejecting the entire existence of the experience is equally closed minded. See, to call them imposters when you yourself lack the experience, is counter productive because what people interpret and label is relative to their level of understanding. A big part of developing your skills for astral project is also developing your own sense of discernment and elevating your level of consciousness (higher self)

Now i too equally do not like fear mongering. Those who do fear monger and spread fear are not coming from a balanced position and do not make good examples to learn from or for anyone to listen to. There is agenda in channelling fear it self. But i understand why it happens and some of the issues which make people that way. Think how misaligned they have to be, to be coming from such a place. But it doesn't mean whatever influence they are under is fake and it would be equally ignorant to pretend that nothing disruptive or chaotic exists, or beings with differing intentions/agendas than what the human race has. So you are right and best to ignore those who don't feel balanced in their approaches and accounts and that is all that matters. Go with what feels right for you.

As an added note, The higher you go in consciousness the more you can access in astral level/realms - as if the two are related (you can't go to a level that your consciousness is not elevated enough for) So astral level and level of consciousness fit together like keys. Anyway the higher you go the less the distinction exists between our human metaphors such as 'evil' and 'good', 'negative' and positive'. On the higher astral levels it becomes everything about 'awareness', 'intention', 'agenda', 'levels of tolerances' and 'influences' - it becomes truer to talk in terms of our actions, reactions, responses to the things we see, feel, emotionally feel and sense. It's truer to include the consequences of said actions and reactions of those we make and of those whom others impose on us. It's where we really get to take on the challenge of becoming a more heightened self aware being and extending awareness beyond ourselves to much more.

Anyway will stop there, There is much to learn for ourselves if we want to.

Edited by AnVil
  • Like 2

Thank you very much for your responce, it has been very useful to me.

There is a reason I've called them imposters; not just because I don't believe in what they saw. I've tried contacting many of them on several occasions, asking questions and wanting to learn, however, they either misguided me, claiming what they were saying is the truth; or, they told me I didn't have what it takes to be a succesful person in Astral Projection.

I do agree with you, I have to keep an open mind and try for myself to see the results. Everyone's experience differ; and as Seeker and you both pointed: Fear is the number one Enemy.

I can't describe to you how happy am I that I found a site like, with many kind and experienced people who are willing to help.

Thank you again. :)

Also, I think you should simplify your awareness meditation. Yours seems complex. Creating the proper space is simply about holding your awareness. Thinking about a bunch of chakras and such and shifting my awareness around would probably hold me back... But that's just me,

Alright... That makes sense...

How long did you practice before you had a succesful projection? Its probably a little too soon for me considering i`ve only been trying since 3 months... But it does get a little frustrating... So much so that i sometimes question the possibility of the phenomenon... Which i understand is a major block...

I know you`ve all probably gone through the phase too... right?? And i know each person is different and stuff... but yeah... thats whats going on in my mind right now... And wondering how to cope with the phase...

This is something I've never tried so will try tonight and keep going.....how long do you think would be a decent amount of time to get to the first step Seeker?

Also I feel while reading your details that while I didn't leave my body, well I've never looked back when I use to meditate a lot I would go to speak to spirits etc in different areas I would often get the light feeling etc. Is there a connection in the fact if you can meditate and like I said it's been a while the Astral travel may be easier?

Also thanks for putting this up Anvil, it's always been a topic I wasn't sure of but I am forever getting picked on for saying I've had contact with yowies so I've really been a hyprocrite. :unsure::mellow:

I'll check in tomorrow and let you know how I go.

Edited by Tia

Alright... That makes sense...

How long did you practice before you had a succesful projection? Its probably a little too soon for me considering i`ve only been trying since 3 months... But it does get a little frustrating... So much so that i sometimes question the possibility of the phenomenon... Which i understand is a major block...

I know you`ve all probably gone through the phase too... right?? And i know each person is different and stuff... but yeah... thats whats going on in my mind right now... And wondering how to cope with the phase...

I totally understand ajay. I have been gutted for weeks not being able to journy and not knowing why. My advice for you is to consider it a practice and leave emotional attachments behind. I'm not the only one to note that people seem to get it when they least expect it.

It was not that way for me. Guiding spirits basically taught me to project before I even really new what it was. It's a long story. But the gist of it is that it was brought to me as a result of choices I was makeing. I would have considered it new age nonsense before. I did not understand anything. I learned technique and educated myself after I was already projecting so that I could have more control, and help others who were experiencing things and were scared and clueless like I was.

• Like 2

This is something I've never tried so will try tonight and keep going.....how long do you think would be a decent amount of time to get to the first step Seeker?

Also I feel while reading your details that while I didn't leave my body, well I've never looked back when I use to meditate a lot I would go to speak to spirits etc in different areas I would often get the light feeling etc. Is there a connection in the fact if you can meditate and like I said it's been a while the Astral travel may be easier?

Also thanks for putting this up Anvil, it's always been a topic I wasn't sure of but I am forever getting picked on for saying I've had contact with yowies so I've really been a hyprocrite. :unsure::mellow:

I'll check in tomorrow and let you know how I go.

I can't say. There have been times I have meditated for hours to get to vibration and nothing. And there are times when I can instantly create vibration and exit within seconds. The latter happens when something is urgent or I my emotions are highly charged about something. Usually when I sense a visitor or prematurely come back from something very exciting.

I totally understand ajay. I have been gutted for weeks not being able to journy and not knowing why. My advice for you is to consider it a practice and leave emotional attachments behind. I'm not the only one to note that people seem to get it when they least expect it.

It was not that way for me. Guiding spirits basically taught me to project before I even really new what it was. It's a long story. But the gist of it is that it was brought to me as a result of choices I was makeing. I would have considered it new age nonsense before. I did not understand anything. I learned technique and educated myself after I was already projecting so that I could have more control, and help others who were experiencing things and were scared and clueless like I was.

Just want to share what happened about a 2 hours ago... At 3 PM local time I decided to take a nap....

With the thought as you suggested to just relax and take it as a practice session which may get me closer to achieving the first projection....

So while i progressed with the relaxation and reached a phase where i was only aware of the energy body and minimal background noises etc, I decided to just try out the technique that involves a "Switch in awareness" from my physical body to a point outside my body.. I visualised myself about 2 feet away in the same posture.. on the same bed... with the thought that once i fall asleep my consciousness would switch to the new position assumed by the astral body... However, i kept switching thoughts between being in front of the door of my room and to the position 2 feet away from the physical body.... While doing so i felt vibrations twice... after they died down i didnt know if i was out or not... Not wanting to lose the trance after the first vibrations died down id dint want to open my eyes knowing that such an action was not necessary given that the astral body`s eyes are always open... I hence ruled out a succesful projection.... I continued for a while and when i got the vibrations again ( of milder intensity ) i decided to just get up... In doing so the session ended because i moved my physical body....

I then decided to lie in for a bit before getting about my work again... I assumed a comfortable postion and fell into a light sleep and started to have a dream... I then realised it was a dream and came back to what i thought was the real world... I then remembered a text that said the sleep-wake transition was a good time to project.... Knowing this i decided to just roll out of my bed... I experienced something really different... At that moment i thought it was a real projection... Once i rolled out, I really couldnt see anything... I then used my hands ( astral/dream.. dont know which) to just rub my face a bit after which I could see stuff clearly.... BUT... I didnt see myself on the floor... Didnt see any silver cord... My bed looked very different... My house wasnt the same though it did look similar to the real world house that i live in ( for some reason i broke the law of not stepping out on the first projection )..... I flew around a bit with little control and then woke up in the real world thanks to the phone ringing...

The above is what I`m convinced is a lucid dream at least... I probably just dreamt of having a projection... But the sensation of separation from the physical body was something i havent felt ever even in a dream... Probably my mental projection of what a projection would be like...

So... Just thought I`d share this with you in the hope that you could guide me further...

Thanks

Ok, I'm having really bad problems with sleep atm. Like I can crash straight away several times a day.

Last night I got all comfortable focused on what I use to think of as galaxies (I use to love watching them behind my eyes when I was a child)it only lasted about 40 secs before my brain unleashed the days events and I crashed for the night.

Today I just lied down and I actually focused on my galaxies for a few minutes then drifted quietly off to sleep at least my brain shut off for a while lol.

Another question so if you get to the vibrating state and lift up are you awake, asleep or in-between? Also does your body automatically always pull your essence back before waking or are you meant to head back yourself?

Hello, I just thought I'll drop in and let you know how much good your advices has been to me.

Yesterday, after half an hour of meditating and relaxation, I thought it was time to try for the first time. It was exactly 8:30 in the morning, and since I didn't have school, I guessed it was the perfect time. After 3 or 5 minutes of laying down, I started feeling a tightness in my muscles and several Electric jolts snapped on my skin. For sometime, I couldn't actully feel my hand, it was like it wasn't there anymore. I decided it was time to stop since I felt that it is better to start slowly, so I finished my session and recorded everything in details in a small dairy that I consacred for Astral Travelling alone.

That is all, I am going to try again tonight. Your advices has been very helpful, thank you :)

Just want to share what happened about a 2 hours ago... At 3 PM local time I decided to take a nap....

With the thought as you suggested to just relax and take it as a practice session which may get me closer to achieving the first projection....

So while i progressed with the relaxation and reached a phase where i was only aware of the energy body and minimal background noises etc, I decided to just try out the technique that involves a "Switch in awareness" from my physical body to a point outside my body.. I visualised myself about 2 feet away in the same posture.. on the same bed... with the thought that once i fall asleep my consciousness would switch to the new position assumed by the astral body... However, i kept switching thoughts between being in front of the door of my room and to the position 2 feet away from the physical body.... While doing so i felt vibrations twice... after they died down i didnt know if i was out or not... Not wanting to lose the trance after the first vibrations died down id dint want to open my eyes knowing that such an action was not necessary given that the astral body`s eyes are always open... I hence ruled out a succesful projection.... I continued for a while and when i got the vibrations again ( of milder intensity ) i decided to just get up... In doing so the session ended because i moved my physical body....

I then decided to lie in for a bit before getting about my work again... I assumed a comfortable postion and fell into a light sleep and started to have a dream... I then realised it was a dream and came back to what i thought was the real world... I then remembered a text that said the sleep-wake transition was a good time to project.... Knowing this i decided to just roll out of my bed... I experienced something really different... At that moment i thought it was a real projection... Once i rolled out, I really couldnt see anything... I then used my hands ( astral/dream.. dont know which) to just rub my face a bit after which I could see stuff clearly.... BUT... I didnt see myself on the floor... Didnt see any silver cord... My bed looked very different... My house wasnt the same though it did look similar to the real world house that i live in ( for some reason i broke the law of not stepping out on the first projection )..... I flew around a bit with little control and then woke up in the real world thanks to the phone ringing...

The above is what I`m convinced is a lucid dream at least... I probably just dreamt of having a projection... But the sensation of separation from the physical body was something i havent felt ever even in a dream... Probably my mental projection of what a projection would be like...

So... Just thought I`d share this with you in the hope that you could guide me further...

Thanks

Good job!!!!! Sounds like progress. Yes I like to be awake when I separate.... But that does not mean you did not project. It's like learning to walk. Astral spaces in real time is more like a shadow/mirror world of this one. Remember out of body you are not seeing things with your eyes. There is not light stimulating your brain, nor are you touching with your hands or hearing with your ears. It takes a while to understand your environments without really using your bilogical senses. Your awareness is your only sense. and there are some increadible things you can do when you finally understand this.

Oh, I have never seen that cord. But I have certainly felt the body connection. It's no fun to be out of body when a five year old jumps on you. It's like instant vertigo and being flung across the room.

Keep it up... You are on the verge of a breakthrough.

Ok, I'm having really bad problems with sleep atm. Like I can crash straight away several times a day.

Last night I got all comfortable focused on what I use to think of as galaxies (I use to love watching them behind my eyes when I was a child)it only lasted about 40 secs before my brain unleashed the days events and I crashed for the night.

Today I just lied down and I actually focused on my galaxies for a few minutes then drifted quietly off to sleep at least my brain shut off for a while lol.

Another question so if you get to the vibrating state and lift up are you awake, asleep or in-between? Also does your body automatically always pull your essence back before waking or are you meant to head back yourself?

You can do it either way. Only a few times did I actually go back and get back in my body, then I realized I don't have to.

Your body is asleep but your mind is awake. When you cone back from a successful journey it does not feel like waking up. It just feels like you opened your eyes.

Tia, are you using presleep or morning methods. It sounds like you are not. If you are attempting to do this at night without presleep you are going to have trouble. You should be trying early in the morning after your mind is rested.

Hello, I just thought I'll drop in and let you know how much good your advices has been to me.

Yesterday, after half an hour of meditating and relaxation, I thought it was time to try for the first time. It was exactly 8:30 in the morning, and since I didn't have school, I guessed it was the perfect time. After 3 or 5 minutes of laying down, I started feeling a tightness in my muscles and several Electric jolts snapped on my skin. For sometime, I couldn't actully feel my hand, it was like it wasn't there anymore. I decided it was time to stop since I felt that it is better to start slowly, so I finished my session and recorded everything in details in a small dairy that I consacred for Astral Travelling alone.

That is all, I am going to try again tonight. Your advices has been very helpful, thank you :)

Good job. That sounds like a productive session. :)

Good job!!!!! Sounds like progress. Yes I like to be awake when I separate.... But that does not mean you did not project. It's like learning to walk. Astral spaces in real time is more like a shadow/mirror world of this one. Remember out of body you are not seeing things with your eyes. There is not light stimulating your brain, nor are you touching with your hands or hearing with your ears. It takes a while to understand your environments without really using your bilogical senses. Your awareness is your only sense. and there are some increadible things you can do when you finally understand this.

Oh, I have never seen that cord. But I have certainly felt the body connection. It's no fun to be out of body when a five year old jumps on you. It's like instant vertigo and being flung across the room.

Keep it up... You are on the verge of a breakthrough.

Thanks so much...

Have you actually seen yourself when you project?? Can you see yourself?? I kinda have it in my head that when i get out and look at my own physical body its a sign that i`ve succeeded in a conscious projection and not a lucid dream about projecting....

Considering my previous post what is your opinion?? Was i right about the lucid dreaming or do you feel i might have had a conscious projection...??

Thanks again... I really appreciate you taking time off to speak to us and motivate us...

Thanks so much...

Have you actually seen yourself when you project?? Can you see yourself?? I kinda have it in my head that when i get out and look at my own physical body its a sign that i`ve succeeded in a conscious projection and not a lucid dream about projecting....

Considering my previous post what is your opinion?? Was i right about the lucid dreaming or do you feel i might have had a conscious projection...??

Thanks again... I really appreciate you taking time off to speak to us and motivate us...

Yes I have. But at first I didn't. I wasn't sure if I was projecting or dreaming either. So I went to my bed. Nothing was there. But as I looked at it, I could sort of see an impression then I sort of materialized right there. After that I could see myself. This is like my problem with walls. As you start to understand your mind, you are going to find out that sponsoring thoughts are stronger and more real than the other thoughts that they lead to.

By purposely looking for yourself as a check the sponsoring thought is actually one of disbelif. Remember in these places we are no longer in physical reality. Thoughts are very powerful. Now, I am not going to tell you the fluffy excuse of you have to beleive... Indeed this will have the opposite effect. Instead cultivate a purely observational and indifferent state of mind. This is why people that spontaneously project often see themselves. They are simply trying to understand without prejudgments so their expectations are pure... Or rather non existant.

Another thing you will learn is that concousness is a continuum. Eventhough we experience traveling during AP as movement it's actually an expansion of awareness. Internal and external separation is an illusion. Anvil would be much better at explaining this than me. I still need the visuals and Human sensations.

Do lucid dreaming VS AP. How do you tell? one it's all on the continuum of awareness, but dreams are almost always scenerio driven. Normal Dreaming is your minds way of keeping your awareness busy because it's impossible for it to be truely Unconcous. If things are happening to you characters and story's will occur. Usually AP... Nothing is happening unless you make it happen. Just like physical reality. For the most part with some exceptions you can just sit down on your sofa. That dosn't mean that your mind didn't travel during dreaming though.

Consider your awareness ( you) a one dimentional point. It can get wraped up in the processes of your brain, physical reality, or it can slip into the substrate dimentions and zing to any part of reality in an instant.

I don't mean to be cryptic but often often the things we learn do not have language equvlents.

• Like 1

Yes I have. But at first I didn't. I wasn't sure if I was projecting or dreaming either. So I went to my bed. Nothing was there. But as I looked at it, I could sort of see an impression then I sort of materialized right there. After that I could see myself. This is like my problem with walls. As you start to understand your mind, you are going to find out that sponsoring thoughts are stronger and more real than the other thoughts that they lead to.

By purposely looking for yourself as a check the sponsoring thought is actually one of disbelif. Remember in these places we are no longer in physical reality. Thoughts are very powerful. Now, I am not going to tell you the fluffy excuse of you have to beleive... Indeed this will have the opposite effect. Instead cultivate a purely observational and indifferent state of mind. This is why people that spontaneously project often see themselves. They are simply trying to understand without prejudgments so their expectations are pure... Or rather non existant.

Another thing you will learn is that concousness is a continuum. Eventhough we experience traveling during AP as movement it's actually an expansion of awareness. Internal and external separation is an illusion. Anvil would be much better at explaining this than me. I still need the visuals and Human sensations.

Do lucid dreaming VS AP. How do you tell? one it's all on the continuum of awareness, but dreams are almost always scenerio driven. Normal Dreaming is your minds way of keeping your awareness busy because it's impossible for it to be truely Unconcous. If things are happening to you characters and story's will occur. Usually AP... Nothing is happening unless you make it happen. Just like physical reality. For the most part with some exceptions you can just sit down on your sofa. That dosn't mean that your mind didn't travel during dreaming though.

Consider your awareness ( you) a one dimentional point. It can get wraped up in the processes of your brain, physical reality, or it can slip into the substrate dimentions and zing to any part of reality in an instant.

I don't mean to be cryptic but often often the things we learn do not have language equvlents.

I kinda get what you`re trying to say... Will try just being an observer... For a start...

I guess you`re also trying to say that a lot of answers come via experiencing things first hand..??

So... yeah will work on it...

I dont think the perceptions during the lucid dream/projection were what is actually described by people who consciously project as hightened though...It was kind of dream like... Maybe there`s a lot on my mind right now that could cloud my perceptions/sensations on that plane?? Caught up too much in the various stressors of day to day activities..

I`m starting to understand things a little more clearly now.. Thanks

Will let you know my progress as it goes on...

Hello everyone, good information on the techniques being used they've worked great for me in the past. I have some questions..

My whole life I’ve experienced sleep paralysis so I’m comfortable enough to discern this from actually lucid dreaming. Regarding my perceptions and preconceived ideas at the time, from my own personal experience at that time when I was first messing around with astral travel I hadn’t found that many sources so I didn’t have much to go on.. so not to many pre conceived idea’s. I was researching how the military was using remote viewers since they conducted a lot of research and money toward this, which gave it some validity for me.

I started practicing, one night I was just starring at my body, the next night I wanted to try and separate from my body and try to read something on my desk, (to prove to myself if this was accurate or If I was just dreaming..) The next night when I finally successfully separated from my body I was going up, stoked on the fact that it was actually working, then an entity (archon?) confronted me (appearing as if it came from a different realm…dimension..i don’t know or from behind a veil, a lot like the classic powell peralta logo). Maybe this entity could be considered one of those Astral Vampires?

Well after that encounter I just started reading a lot trying to figure out what this thing was, I came to the conclusion that it was an archon by the descriptions I’ve read. It looked a lot like LAM, the entity that Aleister Crowley encountered but skinnier with a smaller forehead.

For the past two years I’ve been researching occult material so I feel a little more comfortable practicing, so I started again. However recently I’ve been running into difficulty separating from my body, I lie stuck in sleep paralysis. One night I awoke in sleep paralysis mode (I was sleeping on my stomach) and was viewing my body where I then came under attack I guess you could say… pretty much was getting molested … so currently I’m just wondering why that happened, what was doing it,and how I can prevent this.

As for the previous encounter, this is the best explanation for what i saw concerning the Archons.

"The Archons may be regarded as progeny of Sophia, but not in the same sense as species born and sustained in Gaia's womb, the terrestrial biosphere. In fact, they are called Archons (from the Greek archai, "primordial, first, antecedent in time") because they arise in the planetary system before Earth was formed into a habitat for life. Sophia's unilateral Dreaming produced a power surge from the cosmic center, and the Goddess, shooting forth like a torrential current, impacted the inert fields of primordial matter in an unusual way. Gnostic texts use the term "aborted fetus" to describe the results of this impact..

A veil exists between the world above, and the realms that are below; and shadow came into being beneath the veil. Some of the shadow became matter, and was projected apart. And what Sophia created became a product in the matter, like an aborted fetus.

(The Hypostasis of the Archons, 94: 5 - 15) "

Anyone know anything in depth about these archons?

Hello everyone, good information on the techniques being used they've worked great for me in the past. I have some questions..

My whole life I’ve experienced sleep paralysis so I’m comfortable enough to discern this from actually lucid dreaming. Regarding my perceptions and preconceived ideas at the time, from my own personal experience at that time when I was first messing around with astral travel I hadn’t found that many sources so I didn’t have much to go on.. so not to many pre conceived idea’s. I was researching how the military was using remote viewers since they conducted a lot of research and money toward this, which gave it some validity for me.

I started practicing, one night I was just starring at my body, the next night I wanted to try and separate from my body and try to read something on my desk, (to prove to myself if this was accurate or If I was just dreaming..) The next night when I finally successfully separated from my body I was going up, stoked on the fact that it was actually working, then an entity (archon?) confronted me (appearing as if it came from a different realm…dimension..i don’t know or from behind a veil, a lot like the classic powell peralta logo). Maybe this entity could be considered one of those Astral Vampires?

Well after that encounter I just started reading a lot trying to figure out what this thing was, I came to the conclusion that it was an archon by the descriptions I’ve read. It looked a lot like LAM, the entity that Aleister Crowley encountered but skinnier with a smaller forehead.

For the past two years I’ve been researching occult material so I feel a little more comfortable practicing, so I started again. However recently I’ve been running into difficulty separating from my body, I lie stuck in sleep paralysis. One night I awoke in sleep paralysis mode (I was sleeping on my stomach) and was viewing my body where I then came under attack I guess you could say… pretty much was getting molested … so currently I’m just wondering why that happened, what was doing it,and how I can prevent this.

As for the previous encounter, this is the best explanation for what i saw concerning the Archons.

"The Archons may be regarded as progeny of Sophia, but not in the same sense as species born and sustained in Gaia's womb, the terrestrial biosphere. In fact, they are called Archons (from the Greek archai, "primordial, first, antecedent in time") because they arise in the planetary system before Earth was formed into a habitat for life. Sophia's unilateral Dreaming produced a power surge from the cosmic center, and the Goddess, shooting forth like a torrential current, impacted the inert fields of primordial matter in an unusual way. Gnostic texts use the term "aborted fetus" to describe the results of this impact..

A veil exists between the world above, and the realms that are below; and shadow came into being beneath the veil. Some of the shadow became matter, and was projected apart. And what Sophia created became a product in the matter, like an aborted fetus.

(The Hypostasis of the Archons, 94: 5 - 15) "

Anyone know anything in depth about these archons?

I don't know much about that lore... There Is as much material like that as there are cultures. I do know that many including myself have experienced a similar entity. The phenomenon has been labeled the guardian. It's as much of a reflection of anxiety and lak of confidence as it may be an attacker because you may be weekend by those things. I have my own theories, but those that experience it ( and it's not everyone). The solution has two parts. 1) set a trap for it after it attacks. Pretend to sleep but really be in a position to Jump out of body and attack it furiously. It will come back while you are pretending to be asleep. Then fight with it furiously and try to pinn it somhow. You will succeed.

2) during your Next journey or right after, go looking for it on purpose, you be the hunter. When you find it. Stomp it out of existence. When you come back from this a huge weight will be lifted. You will feel all anxiety leave you forever.

Personally I think it's either 1) a mifestation of fear itself 2) a guiding spirit that challenges you to the point of action and sets you on a process to rid yourself of fear. An initiation off sorts.

Trust me I was shocked to find out that I was not the only one who went through these exact sequences before gaining knowledge out there.

Good luck

Let me know how I can help.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

My house wasnt the same though it did look similar to the real world house that i live in ( for some reason i broke the law of not stepping out on the first projection )..... I flew around a bit with little control and then woke up in the real world thanks to the phone ringing...

Right this is a good one to discuss. I have followed the discussion between yourself and Seeker, but wanted to track back to this part to offer my perspective.

First of all i want to say don't convince yourself of anything just yet. Hopefully this comes out in a way which makes sense and if not, please do say so as this can get complex and quite long.

It is not uncommon to project and perceive your everyday surroundings as a slightly distorted version of what you 'know' as being structured in 3d reality - 3d is what we call the physical plane.

One of the greatest eye openers for me was learning how things structurally exist and 'share space' in other dimensions. We may assume and expect that once we are comfortable with accepting 'multi dimensions' that everything is an exact replica, rigidly stamped upon every dimensional layer and space between, but it is not the case. When we experience distortion of our surroundings, is a sign of a couple of things.

1. External reasons:-

• Dimensional layers overlapping in that particular spot. Everything energetically speaking is always vibrating, layers do shift around and dimensions are not all on the same level or 'quality' - lower/higher. When i am aware of this happening I call it criss crossing. It's like experiencing 2 places say on earth, 2 places that in 3d have 150 miles or 6000 miles distance between them, but become criss crossed for whatever and so become aligned within the same 'space'. Meaning when you are projected or just sensitive enough you may be able to perceive this criss cross. This also ties into the subject of portals and vortexs which are naturally centred around the earth. And this also explains i feel some kinds of hauntings and ET experiences people have.
  • Time. Time is a subject on it's own right for the astral projector, but sometimes overlaps and distortions are time line related and once you get your head around time as energetic flow, it can affect areas on a local level. Past, present, future, time and distance does not serve to the same rules they do in 3d. Time and distance is completely irrelevant. For instance for a period of time every time i projected and was aware of my local area I saw how an existing building which i knew inside out was now looking completely different. It was rebuilt, refurbished and extended in size. And it was not a one off to see this. It had extra rooms and floors and stairwell. A year or so later it was announced the existing building was to be extended and refurbished. And the work was carried out to completion. So, what i was seeing was how structurally it had changed energetically on the astral level before it was physically altered at another time.

2. Internal reasons:-

• Your own perceptions. Sometimes perceptions can be 'off' skewered or just not able to comprehend the reality of what is there, making things appear in away which only you can interpret and if there is not a sufficient true way to interpret (lack of experience) then what i call your "nonsense filter" is triggered to fill in the gaps. This being your ego and where belief systems/societal programming is attached. Not to go off topic but this is why you will come across the good advice time and time again of working through your issues, fear issues and putting ego aside. The more you can shed and empty of your "nonsense filter" the less influence it has on you and the less influence other things can have on you. What you see is relative to what you understand and this grows as you develop and experience more. It is why the same entity may appear to one person as a demon but to someone with no nonsense filter influencing, they simply see another being and will have a clearer picture of the beings intentions.
  • Level of consciousness. It would be wrong to ignore this part at this stage but won't be something you have to worry about at the moment. I wrote briefly in my second post about this also. Just like with the concept of mulit dimensions, ie astral levels/realms, we our selves are multi dimensional beings as far as our different levels of consciousness goes. We can use astral projection to explore the higher aspects of our consciousness and true being - "higher self" - to me that is the true goal of astral projection.
  • However our ego consciousness and what seeker describes as our 'animal mind' can be a level of consciousness which if engaged will affect profoundly the level of astral experience.

1. your running with your most primitive set of filters and blinkers on at this level. so how you perceive your environment, entities, things will alter.

2. if this is the level of consciousness you are holding and energetically being (most people are in ego-consciousness constantly in their day to day being and never shift) then your astral experiences will reflect this. Again this is why the good advice of dealing with any major emotional issues is well heeded.

Anyway back to the next point:-

Probably my mental projection of what a projection would be like...

Mental projection still counts as astral projection. Projection is projection whether one is awake or in a sleep state. Conscious projection is projection with the intention to consciously project in real time, again either mentally or full body. Mental projection is less work, takes less energy and allows one to project while awake/multi tasking etc. Just something to consider.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked