Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

I have been loosely following this thread and have come to this conclusion..

I have and did astral project a lot as a kid. Then for some reason I stopped I do not know why.

After reading some tips on doing a projection a few weeks ago today I decided to try something.

and it was spur of the moment. I laid down and was trying to take a nap and I started to dream and then realized

I was dreaming (in this sudo dream my macbook had Dents coming from inside the computer something that is not possible and I realized

then I was dreaming I know an odd sign that I was in this state all While hearing my fan in my room running) I decide to bite down on my thumb

in my dream and did not feel pain so I decidedto roll out. Immediately I shot out through my ceiling (no I didn't have a place to start out I just went out)

And I seen what looked like nebula and stars (a lot of blues and purples) I was floating but what got me was still hearing the fan.. and then I brought myself back

opened my eyes and for some weird reason felt at Peace. Almost happy. But a very comforting feeling. Now I felt the tingling all over my body

and it went away a few moments after I came back . But I want to know this .. Was I just dreaming or was it a real Astral Projection ..

My departure was SUPER fast I was out of my room in a moment but after I breached the ceiling I was like in outer space. I remembered not

to think negatively and if I did and anything came to me that seemed evil give it no power. I just hovered and looked in front of me I didn't turn

around I was just in AWW of what I was seeing. All the while still hearing the fan ... But I stayed for only a minute or less then came out and opened

my eyes. Any Ideas ???

Im going to try again to do more and If I can do them I will let ya know.. I have always felt special in regards to the universe and what God has for me.

I have shunned it most of my life Maybe this is a way to meet up with him and get some one on one guidance from my big brother and the Father.

who knows. :innocent: One can hope.

Was this what you saw?

http://api.ning.com/files/1LE8YIrT3NT5pDtsrLNlA3GSoF*B1A8-avO4IiXfn7AaFCocAFLL4xRMQNKfV-2HjBR7afWv2CM2VxmBVsFxIjrKu1XxjsKy/4740.jpg

Edited by Seeker79

Yes you projected and it's important you realise this, that just because part of you was still aware of your physical surroundings here, ie the fan, means nothing. That is normal. I mean it can happen where you are not really feeling connected tot he physical level anymore. But it is equally just as normal to feel you are grounded to the physical level. Because you, we all are... there is no getting away from that fact for as long as you have a physical body. lol

The point you want to focus on from the experience is what you were seeing after you breached the ceiling. Yes it can be normal to find yourself straight into space basically, or straight into *insert scene/place here* without the the concept of travelling to get there. Your comprehending the passing through the ceiling as your gateway out and you most likely found yourself there so easily because you have done it all before.

Everyone is different, so don't fall into the trap and measure the validity of your experiences against what others are saying.

Edited by AnVil

Oscelating fans serve the same as binural beats. A reocuring theme amoung people that I have experienced myself.

Edited by Seeker79

hey guys! ive always been kinda scared to see my guide, but i decided to finally not be afraid to AP in all, ive had bad experiences.

so, i was out lastnight, and i remembered to ask for it, i was like "guide" can i see my guide?" guide i need you" hello?"

and NOTHING. do some people not have guides at all? i also have a question about travelling, ive never been able to walk right

when im AP form i feel like im floating with no control to where im even going, took me 3 minutes lastime to get from my bed to my closet door wich is NEXT to my bed lol, and from nowhere lastnight, i thought abut a place and zoom! i was there. i went to many places, but i felt light, this AP felt like a diff AP, if that makes any sense? wierd, so is there such things?

Btw: why do places look different? i saw images that make complete sense and when i wake up im like what the?

AP experiences can feel different sometimes because it depends on what level/dimension you have projected too. The astral level is made up of multi layers/dimensions, and it may be that this was more like an obe experience, the closer you are to 3rd density, say on 3d directly, the more density, the slower it is, the more drunk like it is to just even conceive whats going on, the more energy it takes to do the simplest of movements. I remember for a while i used to have issues getting down the stairs in my house or any building i was in, it was always at the stairs.... It was like i was thinking about it too much and i would get only so far and find my self pinged back to the top of the stairs like i was on a bungee rope. Eventually i would just think how ridiculous this was and just started jumping off the top off the landing, or the building, a leap of faith if you will and from then on i found my nimble feet and lost the elasticated, fatiguing resistance.

And yes things can look slightly different on different levels/dimensions. Spatially speaking unit amount of space per building, is not always the same. There can be extra space added on that exists on a higher dimension, or the opposite. Why? because it could be a different time period either past or future that is merged. The flow of past, present, future is simultaneous not linear and concrete like it is here. Even a structure that existed 1000's of years ago still retains a presence/existence on the astral realm, if it's easier to think of it as like energetic imprints, then do.

Earlier on in this thread i went into this a little, by telling a story about how i was able to perceive the added extension and build to an existing building i knew well long before it actually physically happened. So yes it's normal to remember that things can look different, spatially, or other wise that make sense to you as you perceive in that moment. That is what shows that any given 'space' can be shared/cohabited if you are able to perceive multi dimensionally.

As for how to improve your 3rd eye sight, google is your friend here. It is practising to see using meditation/basic energy work where you are not using your physical eyes. Also Google how to activate/clear your pineal gland. The pineal gland is the organ that is the 3rd eye. Third eye is also known as the 6th chakra if you approach it from an energy work point of view.

Coooool.

I am definitely going to keep experimenting ... I want to try next time to stay longer... It was the fan sound that made me think I may have been dreaming.

But being that it is a binaural beat (yes I went to Wikipedia for that one) Or white noise makes sense.. As it is relaxing (also keeps the room cool) and it does

have a rhythmic sound to it (its mostly for keeping my Macbook cool as it gets hot when I work with it)

I use to have these amazing Flying dreams as a kid and at one point they stopped and I never had them again . Question can you project and see yourself with

your human eyes??? (just a bit of curiosity there) Also is there a Silver thread that connects you to your body? (I didn't look back or down so this is from something

I heard or read years back) Also can you also visit others in their dream state and they see you ? ( Something I did once when I was a kid also do not know if

that was astral projection or something else) It was interesting I met this guy in my dream and then not too long after that ran into him at school and we were

best friends for years. We both described the same dream and each others actions. (we were in some kind of factory setting and I really had to PEE and we were

running from something I do not remember. ) I know there was more to it but I cannot remember much beyond having to pee... It was nearly 26 years ago.

And I know the main rule don't Project while driving ... Unless I really want to sever the Thread :w00t:

(sorry Im giddy that I am finding out that there is something to the things I seen in my "Dreams" when I was a kid.. ) I am taking this very seriously. And want to

develop my Adult Skills of projecting as apposed to my kid skills that I have mostly forgotten.

One other thing I use to be able to do something really cool and Ill end my post..

I can still do it (it takes more time to happen)but if I focus on a part of a room or someones face I can push them away meaning optically it makes it feel like they are

further away from me. The room distorts and so does the audio they feel distant. I do not know what that means and if it is even in the realm of this thread.

Question can you project and see yourself with your human eyes??? (just a bit of curiosity there)

Thinking about this, if you can i would say it's rare but not impossible. But You can be projected and see yourself through your 3rd eye with your eyes wide open, but you are PERCEIVING through your 3rd eye, not your physical eyes and that can be connected whether your physical eyes or open or not. It's quite possible to multi task that way.

Also is there a Silver thread that connects you to your body? (I didn't look back or down so this is from something

I heard or read years back)

If it is many peoples experience to say there is this cord. If you don't see one don't worry as i have found out it is a matter of perception and not everyone is the same. It may be you perceive your connectivity to your physical body as something different than a silver cord, but to answer your question there is a bond between you and your physical body, your body here is the anchor always. You are not wrong for not seeing it, they are not wrong for seeing it. It's justa matter of perception.

Also can you also visit others in their dream state and they see you ? ( Something I did once when I was a kid also do not know if

that was astral projection or something else) It was interesting I met this guy in my dream and then not too long after that ran into him at school and we were

best friends for years. We both described the same dream and each others actions. (we were in some kind of factory setting and I really had to PEE and we were

running from something I do not remember. ) I know there was more to it but I cannot remember much beyond having to pee... It was nearly 26 years ago.

If they are aware enough to perceive you in that moment, if you are strong enough to be perceived.

And I know the main rule don't Project while driving ... Unless I really want to sever the Thread :w00t:

LOL....guilty. I'm just saying it is possible to project in a very minimalist way where by multi tasking is to your advantage. To many people have this stuck concept that to project you need to be in jedi zen mode or asleep. Well that is not true. But yea don't try it while driving lol until you work it out for yourself.

One other thing I use to be able to do something really cool and Ill end my post..

I can still do it (it takes more time to happen)but if I focus on a part of a room or someones face I can push them away meaning optically it makes it feel like they are

further away from me. The room distorts and so does the audio they feel distant. I do not know what that means and if it is even in the realm of this thread.

Yeah what you are doing is basically demonstrating that you can expand as well as condense the space/energy around you. Push things out, pull things in. That is basic energy work.

Thanks for your insight I think Ill either be an active member of this thread or you may be getting private messages from me from time to time to let

you know my progress. Im giddy in wanting to go back and stay longer... Ill let ya know.. I think now I gotta do some more reading to help hone my skills

I really am happy I stumbled on this thread.

As for how to improve your 3rd eye sight, google is your friend here. It is practising to see using meditation/basic energy work where you are not using your physical eyes. Also Google how to activate/clear your pineal gland. The pineal gland is the organ that is the 3rd eye. Third eye is also known as the 6th chakra if you approach it from an energy work point of view.

thanks =] intresting you talk about the third eye, as i've lately been having this thing, where i close my eyes and i all the sudden begin to see my room, with my eyes closed (not all the time) whatever is in front of me, it just begins to slowly show itself/appear, and i was creeping out till i read online that it could be my third eye opening, now im super intresting in more info abuot that, because thats new to me this year, or im just skitzophric / dillusional or somthn, so i have to do my reasearch a bit more, but if u got any info on the third eye stuff that would be sweet to get me started =]

Also, to increase your time out, you want to be buisy. Have it in your mind to be busy or ask a guide or the higher self to show you things. if your mind is on the next thing there is no time for a return. One thing needs to lead to another. Learn to let anxieties and excitements slide right through you without affecting your presence of mind.

thank you seeker, i will try to control my anxiety, cus yup i get really anxious and even paniky cus i want to do so much before i wake up even paniky sometimes i last a while. do you know if AP gets you tired? i feel that my body is tired when i AP for a while in that certain night, not always, but ive notced that before. ill def feel like i got on sleep.

thank you seeker, i will try to control my anxiety, cus yup i get really anxious and even paniky cus i want to do so much before i wake up even paniky sometimes i last a while. do you know if AP gets you tired? i feel that my body is tired when i AP for a while in that certain night, not always, but ive notced that before. ill def feel like i got on sleep.

I usually feel the oposite. But in the beginning, you usually are messing with your sleep cycle, so at first most people feel some fatigue. It goes away.

Hi,

Just add my 2 cents, ive always been interested in astral projection ever since i read Robert Monroes book many years ago, i failed at doing it, i would just end up falling asleep.

Now.. Fast foward 10 years and i had the most strange and scary experience. You know when you try to sleep? but it feels like you havent slept all night? i was in the midst of this :angry: my mind was totaly absent of anything then this buzz or like pins and needles feeling started in my head then quickly to the rest of my body. It threw me totaly and thought this was sleep para comming on so moved my arms to become more awake.

I then read on these very forums that this is the vib state and this is the time to move out of your body, i should of rememberd this from the book but hey its been 10 years :tu:.

Now the other morning i woke up at about 5am, tryed to go back to sleep then got this buzz-pins and needles in my body. This time i dont freak out and try to go through it, and you know what i did, it stoped and i thought try to come out, i then dont remember anything untill i was in work later that day. Well the whole thing above really, Its like it all come back to me, it felt like i was trying to get out and was very disorientated and felt drunk, spinning and the like.

And that is it! sorry for the long post but id really like to know all your thoughts on this.

Regards G.

Hi,

Just add my 2 cents, ive always been interested in astral projection ever since i read Robert Monroes book many years ago, i failed at doing it, i would just end up falling asleep.

Now.. Fast foward 10 years and i had the most strange and scary experience. You know when you try to sleep? but it feels like you havent slept all night? i was in the midst of this :angry: my mind was totaly absent of anything then this buzz or like pins and needles feeling started in my head then quickly to the rest of my body. It threw me totaly and thought this was sleep para comming on so moved my arms to become more awake.

I then read on these very forums that this is the vib state and this is the time to move out of your body, i should of rememberd this from the book but hey its been 10 years :tu:.

Now the other morning i woke up at about 5am, tryed to go back to sleep then got this buzz-pins and needles in my body. This time i dont freak out and try to go through it, and you know what i did, it stoped and i thought try to come out, i then dont remember anything untill i was in work later that day. Well the whole thing above really, Its like it all come back to me, it felt like i was trying to get out and was very disorientated and felt drunk, spinning and the like.

And that is it! sorry for the long post but id really like to know all your thoughts on this.

Regards G.

All very normal for for first experiences. If you decide to practice you can overcome all that.

thanks =] intresting you talk about the third eye, as i've lately been having this thing, where i close my eyes and i all the sudden begin to see my room, with my eyes closed (not all the time) whatever is in front of me, it just begins to slowly show itself/appear, and i was creeping out till i read online that it could be my third eye opening ...

Don't be freaked out by it lol, the third eye is really always open to some extent, it would be unnatural if it wasn't. The idea of opening and closing the 3rd eye is really describing level of awareness and where it is at, and using it to shift consciousness to the "third eye level" to activate a higher consciousness. When we perceive from our third eye/pineal gland we are shifting gear in consciousness and it is not just about 'sight', but all the senses too.

I don't know if it helps to think about it this way, but it freed me from thinking that i had little control over it which seems to be a problem for a lot of us.

If you are serious about the third eye and it's potentials by all means research this, google will bring up loads on the subject and some key areas to include in your research is basic energy work/chakra work, learning to sense and feel your own space/energy field - all part of developing your over all awareness and scope to take control of your awareness, perceptions and self. Understand why this is so, if it is not clear then always ask questions. It's like body building and people often ignore at first that to have a well defined 'area', means developing all the supporting muscles sets too. That a strong core/frame is central to how everything operates. Only later do the ones with determination come back to this point, realising the issues of imbalances/stagnated growth. Developing the 3rd eye to max potential is no different.

Another thing that is good for training the third eye is making a game out of it and keeping it on the level of fun. Just about anything can be turned into a game for using this way of seeing. I like to project ahead of where i am walking too, like round a corner and 'see' what colour or model the next car will be to pass me. In the house, sit and practise moving around room to room with just your mental vision. See what your family are doing around you in another room, then go through and see if you had their placement/activity/clothes they are wearing right. Doing just the same as what you have been doing, but start moving room to room. Scan your house, scan around outside using the same method in allowing the image to fill itself in for you. Then the next step is to practice with time intervals, this is using the astral level. Try going 10 mins ahead, then 30 mins ahead, then 2 days ahead and so on. Say use the weather, "show me what the weather/temps will be like in 2 days time for my area" and then see if you are right. Pick things which are simple and straight forward to self validate and this will help build your confidence.

Edited by AnVil

Yes but closer than that.. Sorry I didn't see the link till now..

An update I have not projected since the time I posted about ... Im going to do some reading in the link that was in an earlier post..

BUT WOW that is what I saw ( but in 3 dimensions) If this is the Pleiades It makes no sense to me... and I know this is not the thread for me to post this in

I have had experience with Greys also and for some reason I have this strong feeling that the Greys are the good guys and the Pleiadens are not..

They look more like us which allows them the ability to blend in more and win out trust. Where the Greys are actually here to help us in the long run.

IE we got technology from them since 1947 so they could gain the ability to harvest Stem cells and DNA from us to help their species survive. If you want to

hear more about my theories on all of this Ill start a new thread.. So why would I be shown this set of stars if that is not the good guys?? It makes little sense to me.

Hi, I posted in another thread about this, but just noticed this hard to miss thread right up top. J

ust had a question that I've been wondering about. Is the sensation of feeling really small when in between sleep related to any part of the process of astral travel or OBE's? Also a really "heavy" feeling (best word I have to describe it)? Like my body weighs far more than it should? Neither overpowering, just noticed them, and found them really odd sensations.

I've felt the buzzing feeling and woken up in a jolt many times, followed by a rapid heartbeat, but just wondering if the above are also related. Thanks.

Edited by _Only

Don't be freaked out by it lol, the third eye is really always open to some extent, it would be unnatural if it wasn't. The idea of opening and closing the 3rd eye is really describing level of awareness and where it is at, and using it to shift consciousness to the "third eye level" to activate a higher consciousness. When we perceive from our third eye/pineal gland we are shifting gear in consciousness and it is not just about 'sight', but all the senses too.

I don't know if it helps to think about it this way, but it freed me from thinking that i had little control over it which seems to be a problem for a lot of us.

If you are serious about the third eye and it's potentials by all means research this, google will bring up loads on the subject and some key areas to include in your research is basic energy work/chakra work, learning to sense and feel your own space/energy field - all part of developing your over all awareness and scope to take control of your awareness, perceptions and self. Understand why this is so, if it is not clear then always ask questions. It's like body building and people often ignore at first that to have a well defined 'area', means developing all the supporting muscles sets too. That a strong core/frame is central to how everything operates. Only later do the ones with determination come back to this point, realising the issues of imbalances/stagnated growth. Developing the 3rd eye to max potential is no different.

Another thing that is good for training the third eye is making a game out of it and keeping it on the level of fun. Just about anything can be turned into a game for using this way of seeing. I like to project ahead of where i am walking too, like round a corner and 'see' what colour or model the next car will be to pass me. In the house, sit and practise moving around room to room with just your mental vision. See what your family are doing around you in another room, then go through and see if you had their placement/activity/clothes they are wearing right. Doing just the same as what you have been doing, but start moving room to room. Scan your house, scan around outside using the same method in allowing the image to fill itself in for you. Then the next step is to practice with time intervals, this is using the astral level. Try going 10 mins ahead, then 30 mins ahead, then 2 days ahead and so on. Say use the weather, "show me what the weather/temps will be like in 2 days time for my area" and then see if you are right. Pick things which are simple and straight forward to self validate and this will help build your confidence.

thanks, this totally helps a lot! =]

i have practiced before going to bed, its funny though, ive even thought it was just me openin my eyes again, but it isnt, one night i was starring at the ceilling, pretty sleepy, but verry awake still, just waiting for sleep to come by. and i closed my eyes and i saw my whole room appear again and i was like "why do my eyes feel closed though?" and i opened them and it looked the same way my room, just a diff color, it was the awesomest, wierdest thing ever though, that was the first time i noticed it full on. before that, i notice whenever the lights where off instead of trying to see around my room i would just close my eyes and it was more comfy this way to get around places. till i began to see stuff all sudden. and its not whenever i want either, i do practice that though.

jut thought id let you know how it began for me. and yes, im serious about it, i have looked into all of those things, i have much to learn im so, glad i came back to this forum with people who share my same feelings, my mom totally freaks out when itell her my stories, she has never AP'd so she thinks its all in my head and that theyre nightmares its hard having no one to relate to on this topic because it feels so REAL, so to me the experience is real, you just have to live it to know what is up! and if someone hasnt had it happen ever, i can understand how they thinks its a lie. theres so many feelings and experiences ive had that i wish i had someone to think it was normal haha ^ ^ i talk about it so whatever-ish and my mom will freak out when i tell her bout the times i got choked by some lady, but i faught back till she dissapeared or when i feel like im on the ceilling and im just stuck there cant move lol ^ ^

i guess im just happy to be back lol i had stayed away from AP for a while, everytime i felt a floating sensation id force myself to waje up, cus bad experiences, but im trying to be stronger now.

thanks, this totally helps a lot! =]

i have practiced before going to bed, its funny though, ive even thought it was just me openin my eyes again, but it isnt, one night i was starring at the ceilling, pretty sleepy, but verry awake still, just waiting for sleep to come by. and i closed my eyes and i saw my whole room appear again and i was like "why do my eyes feel closed though?" and i opened them and it looked the same way my room, just a diff color, it was the awesomest, wierdest thing ever though, that was the first time i noticed it full on. before that, i notice whenever the lights where off instead of trying to see around my room i would just close my eyes and it was more comfy this way to get around places. till i began to see stuff all sudden. and its not whenever i want either, i do practice that though.

jut thought id let you know how it began for me. and yes, im serious about it, i have looked into all of those things, i have much to learn im so, glad i came back to this forum with people who share my same feelings, my mom totally freaks out when itell her my stories, she has never AP'd so she thinks its all in my head and that theyre nightmares its hard having no one to relate to on this topic because it feels so REAL, so to me the experience is real, you just have to live it to know what is up! and if someone hasnt had it happen ever, i can understand how they thinks its a lie. theres so many feelings and experiences ive had that i wish i had someone to think it was normal haha ^ ^ i talk about it so whatever-ish and my mom will freak out when i tell her bout the times i got choked by some lady, but i faught back till she dissapeared or when i feel like im on the ceilling and im just stuck there cant move lol ^ ^

i guess im just happy to be back lol i had stayed away from AP for a while, everytime i felt a floating sensation id force myself to waje up, cus bad experiences, but im trying to be stronger now.

This is why I like the um community as well. I think we have successfully created a hub where people can go to learn to deal with these things with like minded experience people. I was completely alone in my struggles. No one knows these things in my life. And I can only talk to a couple people about it openly.

Last night I had a very strange experience while I was trying to project. I was almost there then.... Flash!! Like someone had took a picture of me with flash on, at the same time I heard a very strange electronic noise. I opened my eyes actually expecting to see someone standing there with a camera, but there was nothing. I can see why people relate this type of stuff to alien abductions, the electronic sound was very strange, it instantly broke my concentration. I would assume it was some form of SP but I didn't physically feel anything.

What is so important with Pleiades? The Earth is way older... and with also outlive it. I remember in your blog you met a spirit from there.

It is a new system. Not very old at all. But it's not just me. This relationship goes back to even aboriginal tribes. I don't know why it's interested in us.

I have a theory. My theory is that a spirit ( angle ) of creation is there molding one of those solar systems into a place for life eventually. I think it was here last and still checks in on us. It showed me a symbol representing phi that crashed down to earth

It's just a wild theory.

Last night I had a very strange experience while I was trying to project. I was almost there then.... Flash!! Like someone had took a picture of me with flash on, at the same time I heard a very strange electronic noise. I opened my eyes actually expecting to see someone standing there with a camera, but there was nothing. I can see why people relate this type of stuff to alien abductions, the electronic sound was very strange, it instantly broke my concentration. I would assume it was some form of SP but I didn't physically feel anything.

Sounds like just one of those things! We have lots of energy going through our bodies, something must have just triggered an electric pulse or current.

Th other night I was projecting and my brain was vibrating. Yes I could literally feel my brain just wobbling inside my head. It did not hurt, but I was just thinking... Whoa.

All that is fairly normal. There all sorts of perception problems at first. Try a verbal affirmation Next time. "I want to see now!" trying to open your eyes will break your trance because your astral body dosnt really have eyes, or ears, or anything else. Also your eyes are not paralyzed by natural processes. Concously messing with your eyes is bound to break trance and a great way to end sleep paralysis or instantly return to your body.

Congrats and good job. Others would love to get that far.

The verbal affirmation worked wonders for me, when I did it on accident. I was so frustrated when I would be projecting because I could just hear things around me and feel myself float around aimlessly. I was so frustrated that I screamed out "I just wish I could see!" and BANG, it's like somebody just switched the lights on for me. I've been seeing ever since! Next affirmation will be - I wish I had big beautiful and white angelic wings that allow me to fly! Haha

The verbal affirmation worked wonders for me, when I did it on accident. I was so frustrated when I would be projecting because I could just hear things around me and feel myself float around aimlessly. I was so frustrated that I screamed out "I just wish I could see!" and BANG, it's like somebody just switched the lights on for me. I've been seeing ever since! Next affirmation will be - I wish I had big beautiful and white angelic wings that allow me to fly! Haha

You would be closer to the truth with an affirmation like that than you realize.

Edited by Seeker79

You would be closer to the truth with an affirmation like that than you realize.

Oh, Seeker - I always enjoy your cryptic responses. :P

I forgot to do it in my last trip. I will try to remember it when I go under next. I wish I could bring my iPhone with me for the reminders and so I could snap some pics! :)

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked