Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Oh, Seeker - I always enjoy your cryptic responses. :P

I forgot to do it in my last trip. I will try to remember it when I go under next. I wish I could bring my iPhone with me for the reminders and so I could snap some pics! :)

Hahaha I guess when you talk with spirits, you start to pick up some of their habits. Just like other relationships I suppose.

Oh, Seeker - I always enjoy your cryptic responses. :P s

I know right?

Seeker, I was just thinking about the time when you saw that spirit following your wife... do you think that was the soul of your child? Do you think we are infinite beings that reincarnate?

I had something going on last night. It felt like I was laying on a waterbed. I also felt very light. Where the vibrations starting??

I'm going to try some binaural beats tonight. I found some on youtube.

I don't know if I posted this before, but the rope technique makes me fall asleep very fast. So I'm staying away from that one.

I feel I'm making progress. But very slooowwww.LOL

Great thread! I think I should have posted here initially. Well, I'll post here too, I guess. I'm 18 years old and since I was 12or13 and learned about astral travel, I've never been able to do it! Once, some years ago, while trying, I heard voices calling me (they sounded like my uncle's, and he lived with us at the time, so it freaked me out. I thought he was actually calling for me. He wasn't), and a few months ago while lying down with my husband, I unintentionally got close, as I heard large gusts of wind going by my ears. It didn't freak me out and my half-asleep self quickly understood what it was and I just sat back and relaxed, but then it went away. :L I've tried to project almost every night these past few years. Right now it is just past 5.30AM, I went to bed at 11.30PM with my husband, and I got up early to not only help him get up for work and to make him a lunch, but to try that early-morning method. Wish me luck!

Edited by xrabbite

I have had this app called Asian S. P. HD for my iPad for ages Im using its binaural beats to try to get back in :) Ill let ya know how it goes :)

The fan actually now has a chop chop sound like a helicopter in the distance now :) its kinda cool ... Feeling kinda groggy :)

I really want to go back in again .. Ill keep ya posted

Hey all. I went back to bed this morning as I said I would, and laid on my back and reclined. I had the fan off and the windows shut tight so I wouldnt hear anything unnecessary. Eventually my body was asleep and I felt tiny tingles that felt like goosebumps without the bumps, if that makes sense. Eventually I felt a really big one but nothing after that. Will be trying again in the morning after my husband leaves for work (I am a light sleeper and will most likely wake up when he does). Fingers crossed!

I know right?

Seeker, I was just thinking about the time when you saw that spirit following your wife... do you think that was the soul of your child? Do you think we are infinite beings that reincarnate?

I do. No reason why a baby in the womb cannot project. I have herd that babies are out all the time. I saw Logan months before we were pregnant. You can see for yourself On my blogs way back. I thought it ment that a guide was telling me I was bring a baby and my toys were smothering me. Which is also true. Turns out the baby was my son to be. Also during an altered state a spirit slipped into bed with me and told me it wanted to be born. Again months before we were pregnant. The reason we got pregnant was a set of synronistic events involving ups not bein able to find our house to deliver her Nuva ring, and my wife somehow ovulating way earlier than she was supposed to. If either of those things worked the way they were supposed to we would not have Logan.

I beleive we are an infinant one being divided into many egos. Separation and duality is a necessary illusion so that self reflection can exist.

It's a simple question really. If you were infinate concousness, what would you do with all that infinity.

Edited by Seeker79

Hey everyone, I'm new here.

I've been attempting to project for the last week or so. I've got it down so that the tingling comes quite naturally. I can usually cause vibrations within about 5 minutes of trying. However, I can't get past that. I feel that my breathing interrupts my exit. Does anyone had a similar problem and has any suggestions? Every time I feel like I'm close to exiting, I feel like I have to take a breath.

Hey everyone, I'm new here.

I've been attempting to project for the last week or so. I've got it down so that the tingling comes quite naturally. I can usually cause vibrations within about 5 minutes of trying. However, I can't get past that. I feel that my breathing interrupts my exit. Does anyone had a similar problem and has any suggestions? Every time I feel like I'm close to exiting, I feel like I have to take a breath.

What are you seeing when you get to this point in your minds eye/ 3rd eye ?

What are you seeing when you get to this point in your minds eye/ 3rd eye ?

If you mean what I'm imagining, I'm imagining myself hovering above my body, looking at myself, usually. The actual visuals beneath my eyelids are kind of... lights? I guess is how you'd describe them. Almost like staring at the sun with your eyes closed, but less intense and more brief.

If you mean what I'm imagining, I'm imagining myself hovering above my body, looking at myself, usually. The actual visuals beneath my eyelids are kind of... lights? I guess is how you'd describe them. Almost like staring at the sun with your eyes closed, but less intense and more brief.

Are you holding a place/direction in your intention that you want to go to while you are doing this ?

It's possible that imagining things is interfering with your relaxation. ( That does it for me) Your lights are called nural discharges. I used to hold my awareness watching these.

It sounds like you need an exit technique. These days at vibration, I just lift my arm then get up. I'm usually out. You might want to look at tge beginning of this thread and follow 66 exits link. Tactile people like me do better with more like physical like things.

I concentrate on the neural discharges, it's pretty psychedelic :D . When I'm really relaxed, the lights seem really close. Like right in front of my face.

I'm afraid to just sit up as an exit technique. If I physically sit up, my wife would probably say "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!" LOL

Yeah, the discharges are pretty cool! Im afraid to sit up too. D: I think if I ever get close enough I'll try the rollingover method. The other night I felt tingles but rolled over pretty soon after that as an attempt to .. well, roll out. But I actually rolled over. I stayed in that relaxed trancelike state, and then had a huge jolt and was awake. <_< About to try again. Fingers crossed!

Today was interesting. Very, very interesting. I have encountered an obstacle. Trying to induce vibrations without any presleep... Was actually successful in my opinion. I really had no idea what the hell I was doing, all of my vibrations have come from me gaining some consciousness while sleeping. (So basically, falling asleep and hoping for the best.) It took some time, but I eventually got some good neural discharges. All of these different colors were pulsing almost like a heart beat. After awhile they started to fade, and I started to feel light. Very light. Right when I felt like vibrations to begin in my hands, my heart started beating like crazy. It was like an adrenaline rush. I had to start taking these large breaths because my heart was beating so fast. It completely ruined everything..., twice. After almost getting to vibrations twice I felt just "knew" to stop.

A long time ago I realized I was way too immature and scared of the whole thing and to wait until I was more mature. Something just went off inside of me in the last three hours. It's time.

I'm getting up at 4 AM tomorrow.

Yeah, the discharges are pretty cool! Im afraid to sit up too. D: I think if I ever get close enough I'll try the rollingover method. The other night I felt tingles but rolled over pretty soon after that as an attempt to .. well, roll out. But I actually rolled over. I stayed in that relaxed trancelike state, and then had a huge jolt and was awake. <_< About to try again. Fingers crossed!

I'm also afraid to roll out of bed LOL

I don't know what else to do.

You know, probably the biggest fear I ever had which inhibited me from projecting was that I would be attacked by negative entity just by thinking of it. But if there's anything I learned, it's that there is no such thing as positive or negative. In the end, at its basic form, everything just "exists." I believe in the golden rule: treat other how you would like to be treated. You know, it's funny how you hear these stories of people getting attacked and stuff when in reality they're jerks themselves.

You know, probably the biggest fear I ever had which inhibited me from projecting was that I would be attacked by negative entity just by thinking of it. But if there's anything I learned, it's that there is no such thing as positive or negative. In the end, at its basic form, everything just "exists." I believe in the golden rule: treat other how you would like to be treated. You know, it's funny how you hear these stories of people getting attacked and stuff when in reality they're jerks themselves.

Ha!!!!! Yes another thing made manifest based off of fear. You are totally right. I have never met anyone that believes in all demon crap that had a an agreeable personality. Some that understand negative energy but on a whole other level. Good observations.

I'm still always shocked that you are as young as you are. Young people never cease to amaze me.

I know what I have to do.... You know there is something going on when you wake up right at 4:30 without trying, the lightning the room is perfect, I can see everything in the room. I'm not really expecting much but I may surprise myself.

Recap: Nothing. Of course my Dad got up at 5 also because he couldn't sleep. Went on his super bright iPad, I couldn't even see the blackness of my eyes. It was just too bright lol.

I am however, very sleep deprived. I may try on the plane ride home, idk. After that though it's school.

I haven't had luck lately! Last night I got ... eh. I was heavy and everywhere was asleep exvept my brain so I tried to project. I watched the discharges for a bit and my only complete thoughts were about if my soda was flat yet or not. Haha. Does caffine affect much, or is noncaffinated soda okay? Might sound like a dumb question, but caffine usually doesnt do much for me. Ive been known to drink coffee/lots of sodas/energy drinks and still lay down and sleep no problem. I once fell asleep in the middle of a strong coffee! Im just not sure if caffine hinders my efforts or since it doesnt do much it doesnt matter :L

I haven't had luck lately! Last night I got ... eh. I was heavy and everywhere was asleep exvept my brain so I tried to project. I watched the discharges for a bit and my only complete thoughts were about if my soda was flat yet or not. Haha. Does caffine affect much, or is noncaffinated soda okay? Might sound like a dumb question, but caffine usually doesnt do much for me. Ive been known to drink coffee/lots of sodas/energy drinks and still lay down and sleep no problem. I once fell asleep in the middle of a strong coffee! Im just not sure if caffine hinders my efforts or since it doesnt do much it doesnt matter :L

I think it depends on your tolerance, You may have had more than your body is usually accustomed to. Also drinking it too close to bed time, you may want to give it time to cycle out of your system. Even if your falling asleep you are alot more aware than you would usually be. I have a pretty high tolerance for caffeine myself. I drink tons of coffee and iced tea. However if I have caffeine close to bed time, I won't sleep well... I will fall asleep, I can fall asleep like you said in the middle or right after a cup but I am a lot more aware. It's almost like I can hear everything that is going on around me while sleeping (very irritating) or any little thing will wake me.

Watching neural discharges is one of my favorite ways to clear my mind... caffeine screws it up for me. I start thinking about random things, I will try to clear the thoughts and flush them about but before I know it I'm thinking about something else. I just went out and got some chamomile tea to replace my coffee needs at night. I haven't been drinking it lately but I crave it really bad. Hopefully this tea will do it for me.

I tried the chamomile tea some time ago..mostly for my bad sleeping habits. I dont think I got good results since I only had a bit of it, and I get super worried about using the bathroom. Maybe I'll buy a new box of the tea soon.

I do know that often times I get messed up when Im trying to project, because my husband will roll over and hold onto me while Im on my back, or he'll move around a bit. Usually I like to be against him and match our breathing so it gives me something to concentrate on while I relax. Eventually I roll onto my back and watch the neural discharges and whatnot. Im probably rambling, but I dont really talk about my projection habits. Ive kept it a secret typically :L . I probably would have tried by now but Im not at home and waiting on a movie to be over before I lay down.. Also typing on my 3ds so please excuse any spelling mistakes!

I tried the chamomile tea some time ago..mostly for my bad sleeping habits. I dont think I got good results since I only had a bit of it, and I get super worried about using the bathroom. Maybe I'll buy a new box of the tea soon.

I do know that often times I get messed up when Im trying to project, because my husband will roll over and hold onto me while Im on my back, or he'll move around a bit. Usually I like to be against him and match our breathing so it gives me something to concentrate on while I relax. Eventually I roll onto my back and watch the neural discharges and whatnot. Im probably rambling, but I dont really talk about my projection habits. Ive kept it a secret typically :L . I probably would have tried by now but Im not at home and waiting on a movie to be over before I lay down.. Also typing on my 3ds so please excuse any spelling mistakes!

lol... The same thing happens to me sometimes with my fiance. As for rambling, not at all. I don't talk about my habits to other people either sometimes my fiance but not very much. Have you had any success with your exit strategy?

Barely. I hardly ever even get close. If I think Im close enough, I end up trying to roll over and out, and then actually roll over physically. :L What about you?

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked