Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Barely. I hardly ever even get close. If I think Im close enough, I end up trying to roll over and out, and then actually roll over physically. :L What about you?

This has happened to me. Are you making sure you're in vibrations before you do it? I notice if my vibrations are weak, I will physically roll. It's when you have strong vibrations that will give you the exit. You'll know they're strong because you'll hear a loud sound right in your ears, like a machine, or a train or sometimes a rushing sound. You may also see all kinds of light.

All the best to you :tu:

Edited by hybrid888

• 3am method

Go to bed nomally. Wake up at 3am or 4am ( set your alarm). Read something or do something relaxing. Don't read a good book. Something like a magazine. Do this for about half an hour or until you feel grogy. 

Seeker, I've been trying this every few nights. I wake up around that time automatically each night, usually for a naughty snack and to use the restroom. I'm already quite groggy, so when I go back to lay down, I try to start vibrations, but I fall right back asleep!

Any suggestions?

Hey everyone I am relatively new at astral projection and I am having trouble achieving sleep paralysis let alone the vibrational stage. The closestI believe I got was this... It was around 10 pm at night ando decided to listen to Theta binaural beats. I focused on my breathe counting 1, 2, 3 on the inhale and exhale. After about 20 minutes I noticed a relatively heaviness in my feet. As the minutes passed on the feeling got heavier and slowly crept up to my face. Then it the feeling was on the right half of my face and I started to see a kind of creamish color starting at the bottom of my field of vision and working its way up to the middle as if the creamish light was radiating off of my body. Any suggestions and advice? I also tried this morning after 45 minutes after I got up from sleeping but I did not recieve the same results (just a relaxed clear minded feeling even though there were numerous distractions going on around me in my house).

Seeker, I've been trying this every few nights. I wake up around that time automatically each night, usually for a naughty snack and to use the restroom. I'm already quite groggy, so when I go back to lay down, I try to start vibrations, but I fall right back asleep!

Any suggestions?

Hmmmm. If you have a day off just stay up until then. Try to get to that stage of sleep deprivation that it's hard to sleep yet your eyes feel funny.

Or if you have the time just sleep in like a long lazy day. No dustuptions ( I know, yeah right). I'll project like this from my hammock tent on trips to the mountains.

Or take a nap from about 5-8 then make your attempts at about 11.

I also know some teas and simple foods that can help. Pm for that.

What else.... A few summers ago I was running some summer camps. I as getting up earlier than usual and comeing home are 12. Then napping. I projected nearly every day. It was hot.

There is something to being overly warm. It seems to help, and Robert Monroe also recorded this. The fan was on and the fan has a buffeting noise while it moves back and forth. This can be the equivalent of moveing drums or binaural beats.

Change up he way you hold your awareness. In the past I rcomend watching nural discharge, observing a ball floating slightly up In your field of vision. What ever it takes to achieve mind awake, body asleep.

Now I jist simply hold my awareness. I simply notice myself.

Vibrations don't come for me every time either. I herd once that even for adepts it's still ln the range of about 40% success rate

Barely. I hardly ever even get close. If I think Im close enough, I end up trying to roll over and out, and then actually roll over physically. :L What about you?

I just float. lol... When I feel I am ready to exit, I will myself to rise. One of the sensations I get is feeling really light, like I have no weight. After that I think of rising, I feel it in my chest pulling upward above my body. It can be very confusing, for a while I wasn't sure whether I was out or not, but after some time I began floating about my room.

I just float. lol... When I feel I am ready to exit, I will myself to rise. One of the sensations I get is feeling really light, like I have no weight. After that I think of rising, I feel it in my chest pulling upward above my body. It can be very confusing, for a while I wasn't sure whether I was out or not, but after some time I began floating about my room.

I have never felt any vibrations :( I'll try willing myself to get up tonight! I'm about to go lay down.

This has happened to me. Are you making sure you're in vibrations before you do it? I notice if my vibrations are weak, I will physically roll. It's when you have strong vibrations that will give you the exit. You'll know they're strong because you'll hear a loud sound right in your ears, like a machine, or a train or sometimes a rushing sound. You may also see all kinds of light.

All the best to you :tu:

Like I said, I don't feel vibrations. Though a few months ago I did hear what sounded like air rushing past my ears (I was laying down with my husband for a nap, and don't remember what I did or didn't do at this point).

Hey! I think I nearly Astral Projected, But not on purpose. I was listening to a Lucid Dream induced MP3 on my iPod. I remember listening to it, It was black but I could still think, Then I got a massive jolt. I don't remember anything before it though.

Question to Astral travellers.

Yes and no answers, as well as explaining. Thanks! :)

Have you ever met Alien life?

Have you ever met alien life that belong and are part of the physical realm?

Have you ever met intelligent alien life that is part of the psychical realm?

If you have met intelligent alien life, Were they more advanced technologically, Or primitive technoligcally against Human technology?

If you have met Alien life on the physical realm? What was their planet life? Did they have cars? Was their planet have similar technology like Humans? I.E Computers, Television.

Were these intelligent aliens Humanoid? Or much different?

Have you met Aliens that are hostile to Human beings?

If you have met intelligent alien life, How many species of high intelligence like Humans exist in the Galaxy?

Are Humans considered very advanced in their technology? Or still primitive?

Are Humans considered Ugly to other life forms? Or good looking? Or scary to some species?

I ask these Questions because another website I belong to, Did they same thing, And the answers were strangely similar.

Im about to try again... I havent had luck. Earlier I took a nap and Ive only been up for a few hours. My head feels very groggy like I'll fall asleep fast. The other night while I was relaxing and enjoying my neural discharges, somerhing odd popped up. It looked like a red/gold orb, and very solid. I feel like it was in the distance, if that makes sense. I ¨held on¨ to it for a good few minutes, and was planning to try to 'grab' it as part of an exit strategy. It faded away though and I keep hoping it'll come back. :/ Fingers crossed!

I have no idea at what just happened. I think I experienced vibrations but I have no idea. They weren't even really vibrations I don't think. I don't know.

I think it was a dream where I gained a lot of consciousness.... Yes. I remember my grandpa was in the dream and we were in a mall. But I don't know. But it was weird I think. Oh wait. No, I had vibrations I think but my face was in the pillow. I don't know. But I had this awesome state after vibrations. You know how when you go to bed sometimes you hear people talking? Well it was this like x100. I'm not totally sure if any of it was true bit some of the thoughts flying through my head were inter dimensional "star" beings. (whatever that is)!And this place in California it was like a lake there was a disaster or something. I don't know... It's like i was talking to myself. But the name I got was like "brea" or "bray" it started with a

It was pretty cool.

The stuff may just be crazy subconscious thoughts but I searched and there is a place called Brea. I don't think that's it though it was basically like there was a project on this lake and right after there was an accident and they had to close the lake. I don't it exists but still pretty cool!

You would be closer to the truth with an affirmation like that than you realize.

Well I did it! I was flying (or more like floating/gliding) around my neighborhood block! Is that what you meant? :rofl:

I have no idea at what just happened. I think I experienced vibrations but I have no idea. They weren't even really vibrations I don't think. I don't know.

I think it was a dream where I gained a lot of consciousness.... Yes. I remember my grandpa was in the dream and we were in a mall. But I don't know. But it was weird I think. Oh wait. No, I had vibrations I think but my face was in the pillow. I don't know. But I had this awesome state after vibrations. You know how when you go to bed sometimes you hear people talking? Well it was this like x100. I'm not totally sure if any of it was true bit some of the thoughts flying through my head were inter dimensional "star" beings. (whatever that is)!And this place in California it was like a lake there was a disaster or something. I don't know... It's like i was talking to myself. But the name I got was like "brea" or "bray" it started with a

It was pretty cool.

Awesome, I often wake up hearing a random name or phrase. Not the same thing really but still interesting. Especially after looking into a bit more proves to be something or someone that actually exists. :)

Well I did it! I was flying (or more like floating/gliding) around my neighborhood block! Is that what you meant? :rofl:

Haha... Cool... Yeah sort of. I was also referring to a metting I had with a divine being ;)

The stuff may just be crazy subconscious thoughts but I searched and there is a place called Brea. I don't think that's it though it was basically like there was a project on this lake and right after there was an accident and they had to close the lake. I don't it exists but still pretty cool!

Awesome.

I tried the chamomile tea some time ago..mostly for my bad sleeping habits. I dont think I got good results since I only had a bit of it, and I get super worried about using the bathroom. Maybe I'll buy a new box of the tea soon.

I do know that often times I get messed up when Im trying to project, because my husband will roll over and hold onto me while Im on my back, or he'll move around a bit. Usually I like to be against him and match our breathing so it gives me something to concentrate on while I relax. Eventually I roll onto my back and watch the neural discharges and whatnot. Im probably rambling, but I dont really talk about my projection habits. Ive kept it a secret typically :L . I probably would have tried by now but Im not at home and waiting on a movie to be over before I lay down.. Also typing on my 3ds so please excuse any spelling mistakes!

Add some CA poppy extract, with a few Lactuca virosa

Leaves ( mods like disclaimers.. So check with your doctor first :) ) You can get the extracts at your health food stores, but the live plants are all over the place and much better. Watch out life may come to your dreams that you never knew possible.

When I have some more cash, I'll look into that! There's a pretty cool health store I know of, so I think I'll go there. Thank you :)Lately I've been trying and just falling asleep, even with a presleep or waking up early. :(

I've only been close 2 or 3 times, I think. I try to listen to my beats and meditate on the weekend. The lights get really close to my face like I've posted before, but the last time I think I was seeing faces staring right into my face(with my eyes closed). They were blank with no features and white. I was asking what ever it was, pull me out or up. Nothing. Whenever my cd stops it distracts me. It's only 15 minutes long. Maybe I should put it on repeat.

Does anybody have any input on the "faces" ????

Hi everyone im new to this so please be nice. I started looking into this after the film insidious lol! I can across a thread from 2006 which I read in depth and then looked for a newer one which is how I can across this. I think I get the basic ideas and am going to start trying tonight.

Anyway turns out I have been lucid dreaming for a long time but I didn't know it was anything out of the ordinary and thought everyone done it! I didn't control or change dreams as such as I never knew I could. It would happen when I would be having a nightmare I would know I was in a dream and tell myself not to panic and just to wake up which is what would eventually happen it never occurred to me a had the power to change things. Waking up seemed the only option. Anyway I've always felt a had psychic abilitys. I used to guess numbers people were thinking of as a kid, things like that really. I'd really like to develop this further and any help you could give would be appreciated. I'm interested in being able to have communications with the deceased whether through astral projection or any other methods anyone can suggest?. I'd like to know if there are any dangers of ap? Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing some replys soon!

I've only been close 2 or 3 times, I think. I try to listen to my beats and meditate on the weekend. The lights get really close to my face like I've posted before, but the last time I think I was seeing faces staring right into my face(with my eyes closed). They were blank with no features and white. I was asking what ever it was, pull me out or up. Nothing. Whenever my cd stops it distracts me. It's only 15 minutes long. Maybe I should put it on repeat.

Does anybody have any input on the "faces" ????

Yes, the faces are what i call the lumber state/stage.

Good news is you know you are projected and perceiving the closest dimension to us physically.

Edited to add: I removed part of my post about my perceptions of the lumber level because i feel i may have jumped the gun in giving that out when this could be something else. Perhaps something trying to assist you.

You do need to get your music sorted if it is interrupting you when it stops.

Edited by AnVil

I'm interested in being able to have communications with the deceased whether through astral projection or any other methods anyone can suggest?. I'd like to know if there are any dangers of ap? Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing some replys soon!

Hi there,

If developing your mediumship/telepathy skills is your area of interest then I would suggest meditation first. I'm a medium and started out that way, developing through meditation and with my guides. I established a relationship with my guides via daily meditation work and from there everything led to energy work and astral experiences.

But I'm no one to say what you should do in what order, just that this is the order I progressed with and that a lot of what I have learned has come from both meditation and astral experiences.

Meditation offers you more control in general, and for connecting to your guides, the deceased, the living, practising your skills like seeing with your minds eye (remote viewing) clairvoyancy, projecting mentally etc.

Energy work teaches you about grounding, shielding, connecting, clearing, healing, projecting, energy fields, energy bodies, boundaries, communication, being that everything is about energy it incoporates everything to do with meditation and astral projection/alt states.

And astral projection is like being thrown out onto the playing field and putting all that to work and/or testing everything about yourself, experiencing/living other dimensions rather than just feeling them through meditation.

Edited by AnVil

Yes, the faces are what i call the lumber state/stage.

Good news is you know you are projected and perceiving the closest dimension to us physically.

Edited to add: I removed part of my post about my perceptions of the lumber level because i feel i may have jumped the gun in giving that out when this could be something else. Perhaps something trying to assist you.

You do need to get your music sorted if it is interrupting you when it stops.

So you think I'm pretty close?

Last night was weird. I had a lot of fear and scary thoughts going through my head. I think I have a lot to sort out besides my music LOL. BUT that's the reason I'm doing this, to improve my mind, body, and soul.

I would like to know what you are referring to when you say,"lumber state".

Thank you

So you think I'm pretty close?

Last night was weird. I had a lot of fear and scary thoughts going through my head. I think I have a lot to sort out besides my music LOL. BUT that's the reason I'm doing this, to improve my mind, body, and soul.

I would like to know what you are referring to when you say,"lumber state".

Thank you

the fact that you are aware of fear puts you ahead of most... Good job

Hi there,

If developing your mediumship/telepathy skills is your area of interest then I would suggest meditation first. I'm a medium and started out that way, developing through meditation and with my guides. I established a relationship with my guides via daily meditation work and from there everything led to energy work and astral experiences.

But I'm no one to say what you should do in what order, just that this is the order I progressed with and that a lot of what I have learned has come from both meditation and astral experiences.

Meditation offers you more control in general, and for connecting to your guides, the deceased, the living, practising your skills like seeing with your minds eye (remote viewing) clairvoyancy, projecting mentally etc.

Energy work teaches you about grounding, shielding, connecting, clearing, healing, projecting, energy fields, energy bodies, boundaries, communication, being that everything is about energy it incoporates everything to do with meditation and astral projection/alt states.

And astral projection is like being thrown out onto the playing field and putting all that to work and/or testing everything about yourself, experiencing/living other dimensions rather than just feeling them through meditation.

Thanks so much for you reply anvil it all makes alot of sense. Im going to look up meditation on here and make that my focus for now.

Katie

Hey again, guys. I was talking to a friend about projection and I remembered something.

Sometimes I will be lying on my back, and my body will be asleep, and I will have my mind as clear as I can get it and about to start getting out, when I feel sharp twinges in my leg, as if my body is begging me to move my legs around. I can't ignore them, and I've found they go away once I roll over. I tried using those twinges to try to will my astral body into getting out, but they get so intense that I cant stand them and I have to roll over.

This only happens sometimes and I don't have restless leg syndrome or anything of that sort, so any ideas what it is?

I feel like Im close, but I cant ever seem to successfully exit my body. I usually use the binaural beats and lately I'll feel the vibrations and then my body just jerks up like I woke from a bad dream. It really freaks me out after that and I will stop for the night then. Its so frustrating because I feel like I am so close. Is there anything I can do to help me fully exit?

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked