Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

I know yeah, I've heard of animals/babies sensing different dimensions, though was slightly weird to say the least :s

Look's like we're both making progress Thinking Twice, cool. :)

I've had cat's all my life, I also think they know/see things. I'm quite sure about that, as were the ancient egyptians.

I've seen them do strange things before, like hissing and spitting at something I cant see, or seen their eyes follow empty space across a room..

*TIP*

Put the quartz in between your eyes or your forehead. If sitting up you can place on top of your head. This also would work for any object with some weight such as a religious pendent or some thing that holds spiritual significance to oneself.

Reason why I suggest this is because I recently started doing this and it helps to shift your awareness on the object. When you place on your body, focus on the sensation of the object. Be aware were it is. This (for me) helps to quite the mind and forget about the body and relax. If the object has a spiritual connection for you this also will help more greatly in connecting with you own spirit.

Wow..

I tried this over the weekend.. Saturday with no luck... But last night was quite a weird experience. I must have fallen asleep with it on my forehead as I was totally unaware of anything.. Next minute it must have slipped off and hit me on the shoulder.. It was the strangest thing.. For a split second it were as though I was the Quartz & was quite hot and falling.. It hit my shoulder and as it was as though I was given an electric shock and a flash of light that spread out through me.. It was all so instantanious, a jolt, a flash and a sound that was suddenly cut off when I woke..

Edited by Professortaylor

So I feel like a total stalker, have been reading all of the blogs related to those in this thread, and slowly reading through all the astral projection threads. I really didn't expect to find so much about Astral Projection on this site.

Then I was reading about time shifting, which is concentrating on an outcome, and having time shift to cover your expectations. The idea being that you will simply shift to one of the other existing realities where the expectation exists, or copy and paste it for you in to your own reality. Because your brain likes yummy crunchy wholesome logic, the size of the shifts are very small, your car keys being in a different place, there being more orange juice than there should be in the fridge, small things.

I was wondering if any of you who Astral Project regularly have any experience with reality shifting?

Hi Spectral,

I don't know if this is helpfull, but I think I know what you mean by reality shifting. Am sure others may have better explainations of this.

5 or 6 weeks ago before I started trying to Astral Project I would lay in and sort of plan my day. What I would do, where I would go, things like that. It wasn't something I did consciously like writing a list or thinking logically about things, it was this unconscious thing, an inner voice, sort of like a routine.. The issue was that my days were always kind of boring, predictive & not very productive because I planned them that way..

Anyway, one morning, I think it was about 6 weeks ago I caught myself doing this, planning my day, and I changed the plan.. I took control of this lethargic inner voice that planed my day and said right, this is what's going to happen. And I planned myself a really full on day where I would achive lots, and I also planned myself a big unknown surpise at the end of the day which would prove to me that we really do plan/create our own realities..

Anyway, to cut a long story short, the day turned out to my one of my most productive days this year. All those horrible little Job's I've always been putting off were done. Another Project I'd thought about doing 6 months ago was completed.. And to top it all off, the big surprise I'd planned actually came though as well in the form of being able to acurrately predict the first playing card picked randomly from a shuffled deck. (Jack of Clubs) It's hard for me to know whether this was because I had consiously changed my reality or whether I was just actively working harder to prove the point to myself.

Well, it's not much of a reality shift. But that's all I can really say about it from my perspective.. Unfortulately I haven't heard that inner voice since so hav't been able to re-test myself.

Hope this Helps.. :)

Interesting thing about the cat, makes me wonder...

DO babies really sense things? Does anyone else here have kids who sleep with them? It seems every time I starts getting that spinning sensation or my body starts to tingle my 14mo wakes up and snaps me out of it.

Last night I woke up 12 times. TWELVE and every time I had a slight spinning sensation and the feeling that I knew something from before but forgot it. The sensation was reminding me of what I forgot but I couldn't hold on to it. Every time I thought about it I would go back asleep. Very annoying.

Has anyone had anything like that?

I felt sort of sick when I got the first vibrations, from spinning ahaha. I felt so dizzy, as the cat woke me up from my trance it took me afew moments to actually adjust and realise this is reality :s strannngeee

Interesting thing about the cat, makes me wonder...

DO babies really sense things? Does anyone else here have kids who sleep with them? It seems every time I starts getting that spinning sensation or my body starts to tingle my 14mo wakes up and snaps me out of it.

Last night I woke up 12 times. TWELVE and every time I had a slight spinning sensation and the feeling that I knew something from before but forgot it. The sensation was reminding me of what I forgot but I couldn't hold on to it. Every time I thought about it I would go back asleep. Very annoying.

Has anyone had anything like that?

My kids often sleep with me. Not a good idea for ap. Many times they do something or push against me and cause some sort of our of control mix up. the spinning is a lak of control. You are going to have to learn to steady yourself.

So I feel like a total stalker, have been reading all of the blogs related to those in this thread, and slowly reading through all the astral projection threads. I really didn't expect to find so much about Astral Projection on this site.

I started trying to have Lucid dreams a few years ago when I had two in a week unexpectedly. Still not sure what caused me to have them because no matter how hard I tried I could never have one again. I was reading about some completely (I thought) unrelated things about string theory and quantum physics, and the theory that there are infinite realities. Then I was reading about time shifting, which is concentrating on an outcome, and having time shift to cover your expectations. The idea being that you will simply shift to one of the other existing realities where the expectation exists, or copy and paste it for you in to your own reality. Because your brain likes yummy crunchy wholesome logic, the size of the shifts are very small, your car keys being in a different place, there being more orange juice than there should be in the fridge, small things.

Which brought me to another article about using out of body experiences/Astral projection as a means of making larger reality shifts than is "normal", and that sometimes when we wake up after having a dream that felt extremely real we were in fact in another reality and shifted to the new one. And upon waking the old reality feels like a dream.

I was wondering if any of you who Astral Project regularly have any experience with reality shifting?

Not to make this post even longer than it already is, but I figure I should share my experiences so far. First, I can't seem to AP or even get close in the morning, I simply fall asleep. I have to try just before bed, but after I had an earlier nap in the day. Another thing is I have never felt vibrations but I feel pulling/sucking/spinning all the time. Usually right before I blank out. I did find one trick to make myself focus, but no matter how alert I am, I get to the spinning dizzy stage and simply black out. Any suggestions?

Also somewhat off topic, Seeker: In one of the other threads you mentioned you are related to Pocahontas, which is interesting as before you said that I had never met anyone else who claimed such. I am also related, though not directly to her. Her sister is My Great+ Grandmother. I forget how many greats back it is.

Yes I am related to the Byrd family. They are direct descendants of Pocahontas. Ironically it's the white blood that have this linage and not my native american side.

Thanks.. Am glad your not going to turn me into a vegatarian.. :D

I havn't had any errant vibrations since about tuesday BTW.. Phew..

I'm approaching this with the expectation that I will be able to expand my knowledge of consiousness and be able to kind of develop my own theories of what it's all about & what's beyond what we call reality. I want to see it and experience it. I've plenty of time to do this, I left my job about 8 months ago to take care of my eldery father so I have time-a-plenty..

I can see what you mean by getting my phyche to understand what it is I'm trying to do.

Right now all I want to do is get out of my physical body, nothing fancy, baby steps.. I think I'm making progress as in I've had one or two instances of Clairaudience, nothing loud, just one or maybe two hushed voices, which unfortunately brought me down if you know what I mean. I've had this before a long time ago, always at the point of going to sleep, only back then it was a real loud shout that woke me up.

Oh.. and I woke up in a half stupor the other morning, half awake, half dreaming, and Seekers Dreamcatcher Avatar was fluttering about over my head in this dream state I was in. LOL.. Not sure if it's relivant to his Astral travels.. Perhaps it's just an indication as to how much time I've spent pouring over these posts & how I see you two like the Yoda & Obi-Wan of the Metaphysics & Psychic Phenomena World.

Anyway.. Thanks for all the effort. :tu:

Padawan.

That's interesting.... I'm going to have a similar picture as a tatoo soon.

No yoda just a dad. I own a martial arts school, so its easy to slip into that teacher tone. But I'm just a guy. :)

Well, I've officially read all posts in this thread and I can say that my interest in AP has been restored. :clap: I've known about astral projection for at least a couple years now, but I've had to limit myself from practicing it due to some fears that I had. (I was wary of my fears somehow manifesting in the astral world, so I've waited.) Anyways, I think I'm ready to try again. The closest I've ever gotten was in the wee hours of the morning. I was lying on my back in bed; eyes closed, limbs spread. My body began vibrating tremendously and my heart rate sped up so fast that I could hardly breathe. I tried to remain calm and visualize myself floating upwards, and as I did I began to hear a loud, thundering wind and far off music. The music was almost angelic sounding, for I could hear the sounds of the harp and voices. I heard the voices of two or three women in my ear, urging me on and had an image of a tall, white snowy mountain come to mind. (I'm not sure why.) As all of this became louder and more intense, I felt as if I was rocking from side to side...as if I were in a boat. That's when I felt too queasy and scared to move on...so it ended. But it's stuck with me ever since. I've had other close experiences, but none as meaningful as that one...Hopefully I can go ahead and do this!

Any advice would seriously be appreciated....I mean that.

Edited by Limeade Lily

Well, I've officially read all posts in this thread and I can say that my interest in AP has been restored. :clap: I've known about astral projection for at least a couple years now, but I've had to limit myself from practicing it due to some fears that I had. (I was wary of my fears somehow manifesting in the astral world, so I've waited.) Anyways, I think I'm ready to try again. The closest I've ever gotten was in the wee hours of the morning. I was lying on my back in bed; eyes closed, limbs spread. My body began vibrating tremendously and my heart rate sped up so fast that I could hardly breathe. I tried to remain calm and visualize myself floating upwards, and as I did I began to hear a loud, thundering wind and far off music. The music was almost angelic sounding, for I could hear the sounds of the harp and voices. I heard the voices of two or three women in my ear, urging me on and had an image of a tall, white snowy mountain come to mind. (I'm not sure why.) As all of this became louder and more intense, I felt as if I was rocking from side to side...as if I were in a boat. That's when I felt too queasy and scared to move on...so it ended. But it's stuck with me ever since. I've had other close experiences, but none as meaningful as that one...Hopefully I can go ahead and do this!

You had all the exit signs. The rocking back and forth was the beginning of seperation ( probably with a little help ;) )

My advice is to repeat how you did it before, but let go of all emotions and just have a blank observers mentality. As emotions flood into you just let them pass through and do not dwell on it or think about them. Good luck. Let us know what happens.

Edited by Seeker79

Ello all,

You've nothin' to worry about. Little can harm you while projecting (unless maybe suffering from a bad heart condition). So no worries about demons or any other rubbish, unless you've been playing with books and spells you shouldn't.

It's easy to get excited when you start feeling vibrations, hearing sounds, and encountering floating. You did the right thing trying to remain calm. Keep working on relaxing and meditation techniques, and only through more practice of these and experiencing the beginning states of projection will it become easier to finally give way to your second body. Practice makes perfect, right?

Speaking of our dearest feline friends, I remember awhile ago reading about an experiment with astral projection. I can't remember the source (do some digging, you just might find it) but a man who could project was placed in a room by himself, while in a separate room a couple scientists monitored. They had all these temperature and electric monitoring-what-you-call-them devices (so much for science, right?) to see if they could detect his etheric body. Among the tests they stuck a kitten in there for good measure. During the examination the cat mewed 37 times, except a two minute interval where the man had claimed to have fully projected and petted the cat. Interesting!

Now, my question.

Say you can ASTRAL (not etheric) project, to a heavenly place. What would happen if you focus on going to a Hellish one? I don't mean what you would think of as flames and torture and such, but what would you see? Basically, NOT negative?

Say you can ASTRAL (not etheric) project, to a heavenly place. What would happen if you focus on going to a Hellish one? I don't mean what you would think of as flames and torture and such, but what would you see? Basically, NOT negative?

Yes you can. The lower places are dense places like earth. Other worlds perhaps. There are wars and carnage just like there are here. Entire societies of beings that have turned to malice as a way of life. You can witness this if you want. Dont confuse it with hell. Only hell like. If you found yourself in a nazi concentration camp, you might consider it a hellish place. Now a lower vibrational state is a personal hell. You see this all the time in severe SP or hypnogogic attacks where the person is basically torturing themselves with all manner of horrific scenes. You also see it in severe drug use, where people descend into their own personal hell.

I have activated this place on purpose before out of simply exploring my mind. It's apart of our anima, and is an important thing to be aware of. I do not recommend anyone doing it until they are entirely ready to face themselves, I couldn't show anyone how anyway it's purely a left instead of right turn in the mind. You can read about my experience with it here. I call it the Mara meditation because I have come to believe that it's what the buhdda accomplished under the olive tree.

Note: at the time I had scared myself with this meditation, but I have since learned to understand it better.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=2493&showentry=24373

Edited by Seeker79

Hi again,

Still trying, I havn't had much luck at all over the last 3 - 4 days, probably because I've been fooling around with my technique to much, I've been struggling just to get vibrations..

Anyway, I have a few Questions, hope someone has the answers..

Q1, ok, this may be a dumb question only I've never seen it answered in these forums but... Is it safe to attempt to AP during a thunder storm? Elsewhere in Google-world I read somewhere that it wasn't wise to attempt an OBE during thunder storms because of charged energies or something of that nature. Not dangerous, just unwise..

Q2, well, 3 nights ago I was meditaing/trying to AP and I saw (with eyes closed) this ball/sphere of greyish blue energy kind of escape from me and slowly dissapated. It was greyish/blue, spiky, electric. Was wondering if it might have been a Psi ball or something, or just imagination/flashy brain lights?

Q3, 2 nights ago my mind was wandering while I was trying to meditate, this was rather odd, but my mind kind of wandered off to thoughts to my left, then when I took a breath and tried to center my thoughts on blankness an electric pulse kind of shot through me from the right very unexpectedly? it warmed/vibrated just my right side then slowly melted through to the rest of me.

Observation: Does anyone else get really hungry when they're meditating? I have been of late...

Anyway that's where I'm at for the moment, still trying nightly & morning's every weekend.. I've been at it nearly a month now.. Quietly confident..

:)

Hi again,

Still trying, I havn't had much luck at all over the last 3 - 4 days, probably because I've been fooling around with my technique to much, I've been struggling just to get vibrations..

Anyway, I have a few Questions, hope someone has the answers..

Q1, ok, this may be a dumb question only I've never seen it answered in these forums but... Is it safe to attempt to AP during a thunder storm? Elsewhere in Google-world I read somewhere that it wasn't wise to attempt an OBE during thunder storms because of charged energies or something of that nature. Not dangerous, just unwise..

Q2, well, 3 nights ago I was meditaing/trying to AP and I saw (with eyes closed) this ball/sphere of greyish blue energy kind of escape from me and slowly dissapated. It was greyish/blue, spiky, electric. Was wondering if it might have been a Psi ball or something, or just imagination/flashy brain lights?

Q3, 2 nights ago my mind was wandering while I was trying to meditate, this was rather odd, but my mind kind of wandered off to thoughts to my left, then when I took a breath and tried to center my thoughts on blankness an electric pulse kind of shot through me from the right very unexpectedly? it warmed/vibrated just my right side then slowly melted through to the rest of me.

Observation: Does anyone else get really hungry when they're meditating? I have been of late...

Anyway that's where I'm at for the moment, still trying nightly & morning's every weekend.. I've been at it nearly a month now.. Quietly confident..

:)

I don't think thunderstorms will affect you much. But a famouse projector Robert Monroe got stuck in a faraday cage. I personally think this had to do more with his expectations to find a truely scientific measurable component to projection.

2: sounds like Nural discharge. We all have them some just never notice. So yes brain lights. Don't discount them though. They are an interesting point of conciousness focus.

3. Sounds like a hint of vibration.

No... Never been hungry :( .

Sounds like you are doing great.

-

• Like 1

I just wanted to say that, the first part of the week had been lousy for quality sleep time /astral projecting. Not sure exactly why, because meditations have been clear and unaffected, but the astral levels have practically been unaccessible lately. Which btw does happen sometimes for periods here and there, esp when shifts are occurring. But last night i noticed things start to unblock again astrically speaking.

The thunderstorm thing made me laugh, I have projected into thunder storms, I love the energy of most thunder storms and i tend to soak it up. The only time i have found it bad is if the thunder storm is circulating bad energies. You can learn to read storms better when you pay attention to the energy systems they carry, if the storm feels like it's carrying a bad ass attitude then it most likely is.

And the imagery you saw, i would call it perceiving energy, esp as you felt it enter your field as vibrations and melt into you.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 1

blu3 you say the astral has been blocked, is this something different for each individual or do most regular AP'ers experience it at the same times (if they compare notes)

Edited by SpectralEdge
  • Like 1

Thanks for the feedback.

SpectralEdge has asked my next question..

Also, What are these shifts that occur in the Astral?

Thanks.

blu3 you say the astral has been blocked, is this something different for each individual or do most regular AP'ers experience it at the same times (if they compare notes)

I'll put my two cents in aswell.

Yes. There seems to be waves of psychic activity. There are deep lulls and frenzied hights. Blue knows better than I, but eventhough it is counter intuitive it happens as sure as rain. There are also psychic storms. I will go months with nobody contacting me for help... Then boom I'll have five people suffering from severe altered state problems all at once. This happens all the time. I can confirm. I haven't been OOB in weeks despite wanting to address more than a few things.

Which brought me to another article about using out of body experiences/Astral projection as a means of making larger reality shifts than is "normal", and that sometimes when we wake up after having a dream that felt extremely real we were in fact in another reality and shifted to the new one. And upon waking the old reality feels like a dream.

I always meant to answer this, sorry it took so long.

Are you meaning, is it possible to astral project into another reality, experience it like a parallel, then when you wake up to go about your day, you come back to 3d reality and pick up where you left off?

Or are you meaning, if you can project to another reality in the astral, experience a shift there which will cause a larger shift than normal when you wake up to your 3d reality too?

Both are interesting scenarios, and might be easier to entertain by thinking of shifts as time lines and events. Are you also trying to connect this to the theory of cosmic ordering, law of attraction ?

I'll put my two cents in aswell.

Yes. There seems to be waves of psychic activity. There are deep lulls and frenzied hights. Blue knows better than I, but eventhough it is counter intuitive it happens as sure as rain. There are also psychic storms. I will go months with nobody contacting me for help... Then boom I'll have five people suffering from severe altered state problems all at once. This happens all the time. I can confirm. I haven't been OOB in weeks despite wanting to address more than a few things.

Quoting myself because I broke the dry spell this morning.

Building on what seeker said, it's something that Ap'ers can notice at the same time across the board..In these cases it's more likely to be because such a shift is global / universal even. But it's more complex and involved than that because it does not just happen on the global scale, but on the local scale and then personal/individual scale too.

This is how it goes -

Global scale - 99% everyone is affected.

Local scale - Only certain sectors of the planet are affected at one time. Why? because shifts are fluid and elastic just as dimensions are in there over lapping and cross crossing, nothing is ever static. New York could be under a shift/storm that is causing a sort of blockage, or barrier to getting out, while Paris France is super clear at that exact moment. Cosmic weather forecasting brought to you by :w00t:

Personal scale - The personal scale is down to how clear you are on a day to day basis. What kind of day are you having, how much stress are you carrying, How well are you looking after yourself. Are you meditating and doing some form of energy work to keep your connections open. The personal scale blockage, is all the things which can impact you because of the life style you are leading.

Then other times, it can be your guides and higher ups keeping you out of the astral levels deliberately for a period of time. You don't always know why, Maybe you have something to learn first, maybe they are keeping you safe because of things going on that are beyond your experience. That is one thing you have to get used to is, you can not know everything nor is there enough time to sit down and understand the reason for everything as everything unfolds. Our minds are too slow and inept and the universe moves too fast. By the time you have caughten on to there even being a shift/ blockage, the shift blockage has moved onto another part and probably has no relevence to you anymore. Even after 5 mins has passed of putting 2 and 2 together down here on this level, that news is then so yesterday already. It's not going to do you any good taking a week or a month trying to understand that moment. What happens is learning and understanding develops with repeated exposure and little by little your perceptions are able to handle more which has a direct relation on seeing more, and your consciousness having a bigger improved dictionary to interpreting what you are perceiving.

The ones who do catch bits and pieces of information perhaps have 10% of the whole picture, you know the channellers and what not, and those who are able to perceive for themselves what is going on.

When the japanese tsunami hit, I tried to fly there to see if I could help in some way. I used Hawaii as a landmark. I was literally yanked out of the sky by a spirit guide over Waikiki.

Guides do step up when you are getting in over your head.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=2493&showentry=23291

Are you meaning, is it possible to astral project into another reality, experience it like a parallel, then when you wake up to go about your day, you come back to 3d reality and pick up where you left off?

Or are you meaning, if you can project to another reality in the astral, experience a shift there which will cause a larger shift than normal when you wake up to your 3d reality too?

Both are interesting scenarios, and might be easier to entertain by thinking of shifts as time lines and events. Are you also trying to connect this to the theory of cosmic ordering, law of attraction ?

Yes, is kinda what I am wondering, if it is possible to either live out a separate timeline and then come back to this one, or jump to another timeline permanently.

Edited to add: I just looked up cosmic ordering and law of attraction, and yes I guess they could apply. I was thinking more along the lines of Wayne Dyer too.

Edited by SpectralEdge

Hey. Sorry if I haven't posted in awhile. I've been lurking.

Just thought I'd share my experience today. It was crazy, I initiated vibrations in like 10 minutes. I really wasn't expecting anything, I wasn't trying to initiate them. I was pretty surprised.

Question: For those here that have experienced vibrations, where do they usually start for you?

I was doing chakra work. Since when I meditate, I get a tingly feeling in the brow chakra, I moved that tingly feeling up to the top of my head, then shot it down my spine. Boom. Vibrations started in my groin area.

No presleep or anything...

Edited by human_eraser

That sounds a lot kundalini. Which I have zero experience with.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked