Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

I can sure relate to the frustrating period.

I had a wild ride with dreams after dreams after dreams then... nothing... it's taken me about 2-3 weeks to get back to remembering them daily.. I think this happened because I took it for granted and forgot that the first thoughts I needed to think when I woke was "what was I dreaming" which I guess is my own minds personal version of intention to remember. Making progress though. Dreaming about having dreams now, lol, dreams within dreams.. Meditation results have picked up too..

Dumb question though..

If want or need or desire are different forces to Intention, then isn't intention just a more subtile push towards an action? Err, I guess I'm just wondering what is the strength of intention over wants or needs or desires.. because If intention is subtle, then I've been pushing way to hard, jumping over the mark instead of on it... & are want, need and desire just an ego push..

Don't forget also that there are external factors as well which can affect everyone either globally or locally when it comes to astral dreaming / projecting. Their are conditions which affect things. The past month or so has been weird full stop. It's been a mixed bag of rapid activity and then periods of nothing happening at all. I've been in a frustrating period of silly dreaming/down time in my sleep time, infact my sleeping has been really bad/broken lately, spells of insomnia, but having more activity in my woken states and meditations than before. So either way it finds away out.

Wants and desires are an ego push, they are attachments, attached emotions to things. Intention is like 'the force' or creative energy of will. Or the blueprint or the direction for the force. It is more related to creation, action and direction of energy. That is why ritual and magic works and exists. It is a framework for which to build and execute intention. The best thing anyone can do really is develop their own method, because that is to create something in the way your consciousness works, and self apply in a form that is seamless in executing intention. And it's liekly you are trying to hard and over doing it. it's not that you don't want to care about it, but try detaching from the desire. Instead focus on the creative part of it.

Someone else posted about how they would practise to perfection. Again perfection is a ego drive/push because perfection doesn't exist, look at the movie Tron legacy. The guy creates clu for the role of perfection and later learns he really manifested a ego nightmare. Perfection led to destruction, it turned on itself because it could never be possible to attain or balance. What the creator thought was beautiful in perfection was a fallacy/ illusion and infact what was beautiful all along was just in being allowed to be.

• Like 3

Ah-ha...

I thought the external factors of high/low energy only effected meditations...

Thanks..

Everything is a little bipolar at the moment, even the differences between night and day consciousness. But the thing i have noticed is that no pattern is ever a set routine, things are changing all the time and energy currents shift all the time too. Another thing to try is to change the times of your projections and meditations, that is if you having naps to try and project, don't risk messing your sleep cycle up.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Thanks..

I actually started messing up my sleep cycle to try and get back on track, setting alarm for 3am, 1am, that kind of thing. And thought that it may have helped get back on track.. Also got some dream insight into doing that about 1 week ago, from a dream that I vaguely remembered said something about there being 3 different types of sleeping? Very odd, but I went about 3 weeks with virtually nothing, and only vague memories of dreaming within dreams.. It's only in the last week things have come right, since messing with my sleep pattern..

So when I meditate or try to AP, I should not focus on projecting or energy work. I should just release my body and thoughts and let my consciousness do the work? Basically let my consciousness travel were it wants to go?

So when I meditate or try to AP, I should not focus on projecting or energy work. I should just release my body and thoughts and let my consciousness do the work? Basically let my consciousness travel were it wants to go?

No.., those things are fine. Release your desire. Do it for the sake of doing it without desire. Practice for the goal not the means. If your goal to reach Oobe is more spiritual knowledge then keep your mind tuned into being spiritual as you train.

I have always had an interest in healing. One of the reasons I continue to practice is to find more ways to help others. The more I learn about myself the more armed I am for other people. this is my entire intent. Never was it just about the experience itself. Originally I was not even trying to ap but was taking the steps anyway.

It's like taking a hike, but you are watching your feat.... What use is the hike?

No.., those things are fine. Release your desire. Do it for the sake of doing it without desire. Practice for the goal not the means. If your goal to reach Oobe is more spiritual knowledge then keep your mind tuned into being spiritual as you train.

Thank you Seeker79 for this advice. I meditated a few times yesterday and let go of my desires. I did not project but I was tapped in to my spirit. The only way I can explain it is a feeling of serenity and peace. Im sure if I use your advice more in the future I will project when its time. Thank you again, and Blu3 3n3rgy and anyone else for the vast knowledge and help. :nw:

Edited by constantine_337

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to begin my Astral Projection training :tsu: . I have been reading some of the thread this topic has interested me for a time now. I will keep everyone here updated weekly. Wish me luck :tu:

• Like 1

Sleep paralysis is the fastest road to OBEs and Astral Travel (whatever you choose to call it). Separate during the vibrational stage of SP.

Also, a useful tip I learned:

Jutting your jaw outward during an SP episode will greatly strengthen the sleep paralysis. This has been helpful for me.

Edited by iforgot

I can sure relate to the frustrating period.

I had a wild ride with dreams after dreams after dreams then... nothing... it's taken me about 2-3 weeks to get back to remembering them daily.. I think this happened because I took it for granted and forgot that the first thoughts I needed to think when I woke was "what was I dreaming" which I guess is my own minds personal version of intention to remember. Making progress though. Dreaming about having dreams now, lol, dreams within dreams.. Meditation results have picked up too..

This is how its been for me, ever since i started meditating, practicing trying to AP and learned of all this stuff ive been having wild dreams. Every night. Whereas before that i rarely had any i remembered.

Edited by notyalcmas93
  • Like 1

Week 1:

I started meditating. Have not had anything out of the ordinary happen but it is my first week so i didnt really think anything would. Just been trying to meditate for 20 minutes a day. It is pretty relaxing atleast. Which is nice because i work full time and go to college. But plan on bumping it up to 30 minutes this week :P

damn, its demoralising that i keep failing. I tried all sorts of method, had intense vibrations once when i tried to sleep again after a nap but i got scared/excited and it all ended within few secs.

a few times i was aware when dreaming aka lucid dreaming, but i thought i was having an OBE. I keep having a feeling being pulled back to the body though. I only experienced 2 times SP though when young. The pre sleep method work better for me, i just fall back asleep in the indirect method. Is being tired impt for the pre sleep method?

This is how its been for me, ever since i started meditating, practicing trying to AP and learned of all this stuff ive been having wild dreams. Every night. Whereas before that i rarely had any i remembered.

I've found that the more you question reality and what you think you know the more surprises reality feeds back to us.. I'm learning more about myself now, and my dreams are back and as interesting as ever, though changing..

damn, its demoralising that i keep failing. I tried all sorts of method, had intense vibrations once when i tried to sleep again after a nap but i got scared/excited and it all ended within few secs.

a few times i was aware when dreaming aka lucid dreaming, but i thought i was having an OBE. I keep having a feeling being pulled back to the body though. I only experienced 2 times SP though when young. The pre sleep method work better for me, i just fall back asleep in the indirect method. Is being tired impt for the pre sleep method?

I've never been able to get back to that same really insense kundalini-like experience I had about six months ago, & it seems that everyone else who joined these threads about the same time or later are making more progress than me. It doesn't have to be demoralising, or scary, those feelings are our choices to make or break..

I've found that the more you question reality and what you think you know the more surprises reality feeds back to us.. I'm learning more about myself now, and my dreams are back and as interesting as ever, though changing..

I agree. Im going through the same thing.

• Like 1

Week two:

Basically same results as week one. Its probably going to take a few months atleast.

Wow..

Is it just me or are things moving quickly in astral?

(dream themes have been changing, last night was building and creation for me)

Great "natural" mediation session last night.. Then I had 6 dreams last night. They were all very vivid, but I'm not calling them Ludid because I didn't know or realise I was dreaming..

The 6th ended with me standing outside the house, late in the evening. But then I noticed that the sun was setting in the East? And setting fast.. Within seconds it was gone and I looked up and saw a Massive Train-like ship flying in from the south.. The Wind then picked up (I felt it) in three puffs rising from the east.. Then gravity and everything around me started faltering.. I ran inside and in the process tipped over one of our concrete Lions sitting outside the house, now they're heavy, Gravity was deffinately faltering.. Inside everything was shaking, the TV was going wild shaking and nearly toppling, I felt fear, not for myself mind you, I felt fear for Mum and Dad, (even though Mum died about 3 years ago) At the next point I started to rise into the air, floating.....

It's the first time I've woken and felt my heart pounding like that for years... incredible...

And now for the first synchronicity of the day, lol... while typing this, we had an earthquake, 5.8, I sat here and watched the computer monitor wobble from side to side..

Well my friend can do this anytime . So I asked him if he can talk to some archangels if they can help me come out and he said raziel might be able to help me. But he said he well test me and I said thats fine what ever needs to be done. So cant wait for these tests :) I want strange stuff to happen to me :D

Well my friend can do this anytime . So I asked him if he can talk to some archangels if they can help me come out and he said raziel might be able to help me. But he said he well test me and I said thats fine what ever needs to be done. So cant wait for these tests :) I want strange stuff to happen to me :D

You should be relying on yourself Kevin.

• Like 2

Wow..

Is it just me or are things moving quickly in astral?

(dream themes have been changing, last night was building and creation for me)

Great "natural" mediation session last night.. Then I had 6 dreams last night. They were all very vivid, but I'm not calling them Ludid because I didn't know or realise I was dreaming..

The 6th ended with me standing outside the house, late in the evening. But then I noticed that the sun was setting in the East? And setting fast.. Within seconds it was gone and I looked up and saw a Massive Train-like ship flying in from the south.. The Wind then picked up (I felt it) in three puffs rising from the east.. Then gravity and everything around me started faltering.. I ran inside and in the process tipped over one of our concrete Lions sitting outside the house, now they're heavy, Gravity was deffinately faltering.. Inside everything was shaking, the TV was going wild shaking and nearly toppling, I felt fear, not for myself mind you, I felt fear for Mum and Dad, (even though Mum died about 3 years ago) At the next point I started to rise into the air, floating.....

It's the first time I've woken and felt my heart pounding like that for years... incredible...

And now for the first synchronicity of the day, lol... while typing this, we had an earthquake, 5.8, I sat here and watched the computer monitor wobble from side to side..

Very interesting.. i had like 5 dreams last night, i didnt sleep well. They werent overly vivid but they were allllll over the place. One was kinda gruesome. I havent had dreams that wild in a while.

• Like 1

I know but I need some help.

I've been full on trying for 6 months.. Good things take time..

It sucked, but about 3 weeks ago (after two weeks of trying) I contacted my higher self or guide, not sure which, still trying to work that one out.. Anyway, I asked for help to OBE, and was told, no, your not ready.. So it really sucked getting that reply, but I thanked him, and went to sleep.. But last night my meditation was guided, I was encouraged, or felt encouragement, and this inner voice was there again, helping me towards the end, actually telling me "that's enough for now".. best session in ages... Anyway, point is, I feel that I needed to aknowledge that I was no where near ready to advance any futher till I learned patients with it.. I don't think it's something you should push.. It's the same with my dream mantras.. They've always been I will this or I command that.. Instead of willing and commanding I needed to learn allowing and inviting..

Edited to add: Anyhow, that's how I've progressed.. Im a slow learner, and all to often I hear good advice but like a mug I don't follow it through.. not everyone is the same, some people get it in the blink of an eye..

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 2

Edited to add: Anyhow, that's how I've progressed.. Im a slow learner, and all to often I hear good advice but like a mug I don't follow it through.. not everyone is the same, some people get it in the blink of an eye..

You still perceive bits and pieces that are far more relevant than you even think. You don't realise how close you are yet, but it's good your guide/higher self is working with you now in meditations. That's what my meditations are like and i always begin mine with the intention of asking my guides/higher self what i need to know right now, for here and in other dimensions. Or if i have a request / issue / problem of my own or want to ask for someone else, do a reading, it will be dedicated to working on that.

On the dream note - I have had one more dream this week of fierce flooding in my area. In this dream it was like a river flowing wildly under a house, which in the dream was making the whole building unstable. I was there giving the people the evacuation order, as we didn't know long the foundations under the house would stand. Everything was shaking, and the ground.. It was again symbolic of earth energy lines, as the location was directly over where i know a ley line to be. I may try to get up this this weekend and see what's going on.

kevink

Seeker is right, you are only going to slow your own progress down by using your friend to try and enquire for you or bump you up. It just doesn't work like that. You need to focus on yourself and get the concept that this all comes from within. Once you understand that, and how fruitless it is to go the external routes, things will start unfolding for you. And also be weary of anything (entity or otherwise) which offers you abilities or knowledge - it's the biggest trick in the book of the universe going. There is no such thing which exists as a benevolent deal or contract as that, your own guides and spirit teams would never ever do that, they will make you work for it, and comprehend it, before you can earn it. I'm informing you of this because certain beings see people as easy targets who have had a taste so speak and are desperate to gain access to more, so desperate they will blindly agree to anything. No such deal exists, there are no short cuts and if anything could really power you up to a super level, you can bet they will own your ass.

• Like 2

Id love to come into contact with my higher self. But havent had any luck. I would take being told that im not ready over nothing, which seems to be what ive been getting lately. But ill be patient. Im obviously not ready, and i acknowledge that i am not. If i was, id have projected already. Ive kind of put AP practice off to the side to fucus on meditation. In hope of learning what i have left to do/learn before im ready to project. BUT patients is key. Like seeker said you have to have a 'surrendering' state of mind.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked