Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

No one able to give me any advice?

I think everyone is busy with holiday stuff. I have not yet projected so i dont think i can help much. But your mind is clear when its free of thought

Edited by notyalcmas93

I think everyone is busy with holiday stuff. I have not yet projected so i dont think i can help much. But your mind is clear when its free of thought

Hard to imagine, the closest thing I know of is my mind just skimming through tons of stuff too quickly for me to focus on it.

Hard to imagine, the closest thing I know of is my mind just skimming through tons of stuff too quickly for me to focus on it.

Do you meditate? That helps a lot. It teaches you to hold out thoughts. Your thought are seperate from you. So you can learn to stop them from coming in.

What do you mean not for everyone? Thanks for the link, i would try it but there is snow on the ground here! :/

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Prof is referring to the "uniqueness" of people, in general. Just like, you may like peas, but that doesn't mean I have to like peas. Likewise with the grounding technique.

Also, keep in mind that you can do that grounding anywhere/anytime, wearing anything, etc. I did a similar form of it in my bedroom, sitting on pillows. You don't have to be outside standing barefoot in the grass, it's only a recommendation.

• Like 1

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Prof is referring to the "uniqueness" of people, in general. Just like, you may like peas, but that doesn't mean I have to like peas. Likewise with the grounding technique.

Also, keep in mind that you can do that grounding anywhere/anytime, wearing anything, etc. I did a similar form of it in my bedroom, sitting on pillows. You don't have to be outside standing barefoot in the grass, it's only a recommendation.

Yea, i figure it could be done anywhere, id just really like to do it outside. Which probably wont happen for a couple months. Indoors it is. lol

• Like 2

No one able to give me any advice?

These are all difficult questions to answer. Everyone is different. The best I can do, is for you to give me a detailed account of what you are doing. Then we can trouble shoot from there.

These are all difficult questions to answer. Everyone is different. The best I can do, is for you to give me a detailed account of what you are doing. Then we can trouble shoot from there.

The steps I've been taking, I'm sort of lazy about it though.

1. Go to bed

2. Calm breathing

3. Close eyes, try to be still (which is never possible)

4. Look for 'nural discharges' <- still not sure what these are

And that's about as far as I get before I give up because I have no idea what I'm doing.

Also, good to see you're still around here helping people, Seeker79.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Go to bed

2. Calm breathing

And that's about as far as I get before I give up because I have no idea what I'm doing.

Do you do anything else, mentioned in Seeker's turorial, to supplement your practice?

1. Go to bed

2. Calm breathing

If you can handle it, try staying up late till like 3am, or wakeing up early like 3 am then waiting until you are groggy. Give it a shot you might be surprised.

A question to the astral projecters: Can you control your projection in order to experience some event that happened in history?

Because a loooot of answers could be given to people if that might be the case.

A question to the astral projecters: Can you control your projection in order to experience some event that happened in history?

Because a loooot of answers could be given to people if that might be the case.

I have heard that you can. I however have not. Tom brown jr. Has a story. He learned from an apache holy man. The story goes that he journeyed into the passed and whittnessed Somone drop a stone tool which he latter went back and dug up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Check the symbolism in this, an interesting interpretation of ego, shadow self and inner child. The scene with the wheel chair and 2 guardians blocking the way - classic depiction of SP ...

• Like 1

Check the symbolism in this, an interesting interpretation of ego, shadow self and inner child. The scene with the wheel chair and 2 guardians blocking the way - classic depiction of SP ...

I think I understand the Ego aspect of this. But the Shadow Self and Inner child is still a bit of a mystery.. As you are probably plainly aware from another thread, I'm poking an prodding Ego at the moment, and making a few interesting & disturbing discoveries along the way. Ego is so predicible.. Ego is so easily manipulated! It's easy to see in others, but damn hard to see in your self..

Question?? Given that you have suscessfully eliminated most of not all of your ego, would the world and people and their conversations and interactions seem on the whole as being 99% ego driven and therefore predictible & kind of plastic and shallow?

• Like 1

I think I understand the Ego aspect of this. But the Shadow Self and Inner child is still a bit of a mystery.. As you are probably plainly aware from another thread, I'm poking an prodding Ego at the moment, and making a few interesting & disturbing discoveries along the way. Ego is so predicible.. Ego is so easily manipulated! It's easy to see in others, but damn hard to see in your self..

Question?? Given that you have suscessfully eliminated most of not all of your ego, would the world and people and their conversations and interactions seem on the whole as being 99% ego driven and therefore predictible & kind of plastic and shallow?

Elimination of ego, I think, only comes from particular metaphysical states, and while interesting I have found that it takes the ego to appreciate the state therefore the ego is a necessary part of the equation. I'd be careful with labeling the ego in a negative context. The self plays an important role.

• Like 1

Elimination of ego, I think, only comes from particular metaphysical states, and while interesting I have found that it takes the ego to appreciate the state therefore the ego is a necessary part of the equation. I'd be careful with labeling the ego in a negative context. The self plays an important role.

Cool..

This has been my more recent thoughts on the matter..

But before I started playing with Ego, letting it loose, and toying & manipulating other ego's I was under the impression that Ego was a roadblock.. Which I know it is in a metaphysical sense... But I thought Ego was something one should eliminate as opposed to control.

I kind of feel that people with No Ego at all would really struggle to fit into such an egotistical society..

• Like 2

I think i discovered a new level to ego, the super ego, which i have been sorting through recently in myself. I am by no means free of my ego, it has been surfacing lately when i least expected it too (my shadow self in ego terms) and it is a reminder just how blind we are to it in the moment. So I agree very much with you that it is always easier to see in others, but in ourselves we don't always realise when it is dominating our thought space and perceptions until afterwards, until we reflect. If we don't do some sort of self reflection practice, or observe what others are mirroring back to us and why they are showing us what they are, then we may never realise it. I think the moment it is realised it automatically surrenders position and the whole of you opens up to an opportunity for recalibration . On this occasion I didn't fight with mine, I saw and felt it's connection straight to my inner child and i worked with it there, asking for healing, and giving nothing but love and forgiveness.

I see this super ego as the parent of the inner child, who is a composite of the ego and inner self. The inner child may now act as a bridge point between all selfs. But this is only only a speculation so far, it's obviously completely open to interpretation.

Maybe only in certain circumstances does it become fragmented and then necessary to understand before it can be melded back together.

Yes, I've come to understand that whenever i interact with someone, I am interacting first with their ego and secondly with what is pulling the strings of their ego - I also see glimpses of the true being sitting behind the ego, the words, thoughts, actions of their higherself. The danger however is and the trouble is, that the ego is the part of the person who wishes to engage your ego, and you on the ego level. It can act to try and bring you down into ego and keep you there where the person falsely believe they are most comfortable or in control. I can try and engage their higherself and encourage that aspect of them to interact more, but most peoples egos get in the way as the ego naturally feels threatened by the higherself. (Unless the person has actively done work to work on their ego and is open to the higher consciousness, has no blocks there etc)

It can be terribly frustrating if the ego constantly gets in the way and derails the deeper aspect and deeper meaning from surfacing. It's difficult living in a egocentric world, where the majority are driven by the desires and wants of the ego and pay little attention to the greater part of themselves...

So the challenge becomes in keeping that balance where your ego is not blocking your higher aspect/thinking/ actions or allowing other egos to trigger your ego because that is all they wish to engage in you. Ironically what i discovered in myself was the super ego taking the role of trying to protect me from other peoples egos triggering me. If anything becomes an 'ism' or a fear, because you fixate on it or fear 'what other other peoples ego will do to you ( in my case) then you can usually find an ego logic behind that ism.

In terms of the glass ceiling and ego in metaphysics, ego does create a glass ceiling, but more so as we still have to deal with multiple levels of consciousness and awareness and that relationship. The ego level of consciousness is our default day to day surviving mode of consciousness, but of course any being can switch in and out of consciousness levels like an elevator, in any given moment. Just that someone heavily in twinned in a egoic episode will not be able to surpass the ego level of consciousness for that period of time. That means their perceptions, actions, comprehension will all be of egoic value and level. Self reflection and self awareness would be the quickest jump start out of that level of being.

I think at some point personality has to be brought into the equation. Just because someone has little ego, does not mean they are void of a personality - And a persons higherself/ true self can have the biggest personality, just like someone in ego may have a big personality. Personality is not completely invented by the ego, but when the ego self is in check/ not dominating the show, the personality of the true self has room to show, grow and flourish. So i would say personality is something which exists without ego and is more soul related than ego related. Ie the person has real soul - meaning you can't miss it when you come across a personality that is truly is beaming and creating from their soul.

• Like 2

Cool..

This has been my more recent thoughts on the matter..

But before I started playing with Ego, letting it loose, and toying & manipulating other ego's I was under the impression that Ego was a roadblock.. Which I know it is in a metaphysical sense... But I thought Ego was something one should eliminate as opposed to control.

I kind of feel that people with No Ego at all would really struggle to fit into such an egotistical society..

Eliminate.... Control..... Well. Yes and no. I do think an ego dissolution experience is a worthwhile persuit. I think dissolving the ego puts you into a place of then being aware of it, but it's not permanent. Infact it always rears its head again... Much like shadow. Dissolution will give you a back drop, something to compare to. Then when negative ego traits arise you are not on auto pilot and you are living more conciously aware of self. I have found this extremely satisfying in my life, but yet be warned because with this awareness I think false humility starts to drop off aswell it's apart of ego aswell. I find that there are somethings the cause me to feel humble while other things I want credit for but pretend to be humble to be polite and to not look egotistical ... Funny how that works... Because I find myself not careing so much about that anymore. It's more egotistical to pretend not to be egotistical. It works the other way to. Where things maby like a compliment might create an uneasy embarrassed reaction in the past ( a humble reaction) I find that now I can look someone in the eye in general and truthful apriceation of something that used to make me uncomfortable. This might seem a move to more ego, but I'm not so sure. It's comeing from a place of releasing it and acknowledging it.

Being the astral thread I'll relate it back. All my dissolution experiences were obtained via OBE. I still have a method of doing it when I want to, but I don't see the reason for it much. It reminds me of a disconnect from reality drug, and I think is best used for cleansing.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

Hmmmmmm, this is difficult..

I think we're running the risk of carrying the same subject over two threads.. lol..

I guess though, from a Metaphysical sense, one's Ego should be identified and understood, & through identification and understanding comes the power to eliminate or control. Not sure about dissolution because that would create a gap for subtle ego to creep in..

That false humbleness.. lol, Yeah, I think I can relate to that too. I'd call it the subtle ego, the worse kind.. It portrays a false sense of self that thinks it comes from the true self but it's a product of self desire.. (at least that's how I perceive it) :lol: My subtle Ego is a know it all..

Loved blue's perspective on Ego btw, made a hell of a lot of sense and my Ego went "woo hoo!" because it confirmed I'm on the right track or mind-space with this thing..

• Like 1

I wonder if the subtle ego could be the super ego as well. It was also coined as the god ego, which is not the same as the true self, but something which may mask its self as.

Here is an article i found helpful.

http://www.wellbeingalignment.com/superego.html

As for the 2 topics over bordering, that is okay to happen, understanding ego will always be apart of this thread.

If you would prefer the most recent posts on ego to be moved to the ego thread, that can be done also :tu:

Let me know.

• Like 1

Cool artical..

As for Super Ego and Suptle ego being the same thing...... hmmmm, you've really got me thinking, I want to say no they are not because super ego is under the disguise of a guiding principle, whereas suptle ego is often instintive in nature imo.. Yet somehow they mesh?

Lot's of food for thought...

I think the 2 topics should stay seperate.. That gives me double portions of ego, :D. Besides which, I am using the other thread as a prooving ground.

Edited by Professor T

Definitely Bookmarking this Thread

Very interesting, and quite synchronistic for me.

I was just watching Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, this morning, and noticed some similar symbolism. The ending, where the three go into the dungeon to protect the sorcerers stone. They fall into the roots where the roots entangle them. The more they squirm, the more it constricts, so they need to relax/let go. They then have the task of finding/catching the key. They go into the chessboard room. As they try to go towards the room beyond, the pawns draw their swords and do not allow them the pass. There is more, as he confronts Voldemort, which is over my head at this time, but Harry manifests the stone, believes in himself, and creates his surroundings/actions/outcome. After he wakes up in the infirmary, Dumbledore helps him makes sense of everything that had happend in the dungeon.

• Like 3

:w00t: I think I made some progress last night with OBE thanks to insomnia..

I had three instances where my mind tore away from my head.. Each time it occured, one after the other, there was a ripping/tearing sound in my head and a very vivid image of what I'm assuming was a kitchen ceiling?. It was incredibly vivid, the sucking/ripping/tearing away from my physical self was quite profound, unfortunately I couldn't let go of my physical self, so I kept getting excited and popping back into my body.. Each time I did it I knew I was close and no matter how much I wanted my ego to just let go it wouldn't.. Wow it was heart-racing stuff!! I guess though, that I'm still floundering about with letting go..

• Like 2

Does anyone else get Weird Muscle Spasms in there Arm when they try and Consciously Astral Project?

Professor T just told about this thread as I was posting in an older one (I found it doing more research on AP) I have two dreams (tho someone may say they were something else) I want to talk about and get feedback on-then I have a few AP experiences (that I feel are true AP experiences) to tell as well.

I can't recall anything specific if I actually had one as a child-tho I do remember a few dreams that are very vivid. One, when I was between 5 and 9, my grandmother lived just down the street from me where I could walk to her house. In my dream I was at her house, watching Tv with her like normal when I went out side. It was dark out and there was a big bright moon! I looked down the street and saw my mom walking with books in her arms like she was comming from school(honestly I do not remember going to school but I do remember as I was older hearing her talk about school). I screamed at her, calling "Mom!" to her over and over. She never looked or acknowledged she heard me. Then I heard a loud roaring sound....it made me think of something evil or a monster that was mad at me yelling. I shook, the image in my dream shook like a video camera. I jolted me open, the shaking was so much I shook awake almost with hearing the roaring sound and I assumed to be having a nightmare (maybe was) but I never forgot that dream. I just remember my heart pounding...I was scared to go back to sleep after that afraid Id go through it again that night.

One other dream which was even weirder to me.....I told my dad about it in which he claimed he had similar dreams but only when he was going through...more or less a negative time in his life-and he took it as a sign of saying "Gett your act together NOW!" This happened when I was in high school-and at that time I did have a few 'bad' things happen or go through my mind-but honestly at the time I didn't think of it being bad.

In this dream- What I remember is walking back to my room (I dont recall thinking anything but like I was tired..maybe on a journey or something but was just walking down the hallway to my room-this was when I was in high school-and different place, parents divorce-big change from the prior dream I explained)

As I'm walking I have this sense to turn around, or that something or someone was following me. I dont recall if I knew I was dreaming or thought I was awake-But when I turned it was like I was suddenly paralyzed! I fell on my back in the floor, just outside my room in the hallway. I saw this skelaton face, just the face that gave off a green light....It scared me, and I was scared but I couldn't move at all. I was scared not just from seeing this thing but the fact I was unable to move-afraid of what it might do and not being able to protect myself. The mouth of this face slowly moved up and down (tho it never matched to any words said, and when I heard nothing it continued to move and float in front of my) ....I dont remember exactly but I heard a question. Its was males voice or a low deep voice. It said one of two things-"Who are you" or "What are you doing here" I honestly dont remember which because I wasn't concentrating on the voice I was concentrating to break free. I tried to raise my head to scream at it....I still couldn't move. I began trying to scream out "Help!" fighting with every being I could. I never had this sensation before-i just kept fighting as hard as I could trying to yell for help. All this face thing did was ask that one quetion then hovered in front of me as if waiting on an answer. When I finally broke free-I was raising up in my bed, not screaming, but I mouthed the word "help." It was like a very VERY soft whisper. As I sat there in the bed, I just turned to look at my door where I thought I just was. I told myself it was a dream then layed back down.

I was so groggy-yet I kept trying to think how was I not able to move like that? I didn't understand it cause I had never experienced that.

Ever since I started reading about AP I wonder if it that last one was an OBE of some sort? If I had just finished traveling and was making my way back to my body or something? Tho I do not recall seeing a chord of any kind. At the same time I wasn't thinking anything like that. I had one focus and it was "going to my room"

so....any comments? Was it just a dream?

I dont mean to make this too long but I do have something else. When I first started trying to AP after reading about it it seemed it wasn't working. I also have this fear(which i know fear will keep from doing so)-after reading about how there are so many beings, spirits, ghosts, etc I'm just afraid that as soon as I leave my body I'll see something...like smething will be waiting for me to attack me. Not my physical body, but my astral self. One night I tried not to think about it (even tho I had just read several stories talking about seeing dark shadows lurking around) I tried to push it out of my mind, telling myself I am protected by a white light, my gaurdians-anything to calm my nervs. Even imaging a white light filling me up and covering my completely and putting a sheild around me. I layed there-tired. I soon had this vibration...then followed by loud whistle sound like a train and harder vibration. I began thinking I might be doing it because I had read sometimes this is what you feel or expereince when you begin to AP. But when I did, i felt a jolt and woke up. I tried it again, just closing my eyes and relaxing. Then I heard voices while my eyes were closed. ALmost as if they were glued shut for a moment. I just listened. I couldn't make out what was being said but I heard at least two, a male and female. Maybe more. They sounded like they were right over me, at my right ear....as if whispering about me and waiting. I tried to make out what was being said, hoping if i heard something not threatening I would succumb to it more. I think I heard something like "She's here" or "Is that her?" when I heard the male voice it freaked me out....and I woke up. For some reason...I only want to hear female-if I hear a male I think that I'm going to try to be harmed.

I tried it again. I knew I was close but then I couldn't. so I just rolled over and went to sleep.

When I woke (or thought I woke) I didnt open my eyes, but had this strange feeling. I was on the wrong side of my bed where I had books. But I didn't feel the books. I felt as if I was laying beside another body but in MY room on MY bed....Then I had a thought "Am I finally AP?" As soon as I thought it, faster then a snap, I felt as if I slid back over and went into a body, only to wake and open my 'physical' eyes. I then thought I had done it, that my AP self was laying next to my physical self, and when I thought about it it slid me back into one. Since then I have not experienced anything close....that was over 2 years ago. I've only had dreams...

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked